Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2023, 08:20 PM   #151
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’m content to leave it at that….
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Because that's all you have the ability to do. Ignorance is bliss.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:26 PM   #152
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Because that's all you have the ability to do. Ignorance is bliss.
As many people think that originalism is simplistic and ignorant.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-26-2023, 09:33 PM   #153
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As many people think that originalism is simplistic and ignorant.
As, like you, these "many people" ignorantly explain their criticism with turbid gobbledygook.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:23 PM   #154
wdmso

Here’s a another great article that easily shoots hole after hole in the GOPs Hunter laptop fantasy
Using actual facts . Please take a peek I look forward to the irrationality of your arguments

Here’s a sample

Schellenberger spins and selectively interprets evidence to suggest some nefarious collaboration between the FBI and Twitter, but the claim does not hold up under scrutiny.

https://asharangappa.substack.com/p/...g-hunter-biden
Old 02-09-2023, 06:50 AM   #155
wdmso

Republican hearing on twitter collusion fell out of the sky deflated like the Chinese balloon.

Twitter, under the leadership of our witnesses today, was a private company the federal government used to accomplish what it constitutionally cannot: limit the free exercise of speech," committee chair James Comer (R-Ky.) said in his opening remarks.

But Roth and his fellow panelists denied that decision involved government agencies or Biden's campaign.

"I'm aware of no unlawful collusion with or direction from any government agency or political campaign on how Twitter should have handled the Hunter Biden laptop situation,"

And yet. Still, Republicans plowed ahead with unsubstantial allegations of collusion between government officials and the company’s old regime. After one former Twitter executive testified that most of his interactions with the FBI were about foreign interference, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, shot back: “I think you guys got played.”

Gym has so much integrity on topics related to facts and Truth..

Jordan sent letters in December to five large tech companies, demanding that they detail their “collusion with the Biden administration.”

So where’s the presumption of innocence?

God bless Elon Musk,” said Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Tex.). “It was Elon Musk that revealed data that uncovered a disturbing cabal.”

Wow full GOPQ on display

Last edited by wdmso; 02-09-2023 at 06:58 AM..