Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-19-2023, 03:30 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Only in a MAGA controlled congress can a guy who lied about every aspect of his personal and professional life, deceiving his constituents into voting for him and who now want him removed, be put on two committees. Small Business and the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, if it wasn’t so wrong on so many levels, it might be funny. His business experience involves fraud, so I guess that’s a natural fit and if he has no science experience, by the time the first reporters mic gets to him, he will have invented a vast list.
but it’s acceptable for Blumenthal to repeatedly lie about serving in the vietnam war, and bidens many many lies are also not disqualifying.

if lying is disqualifying ( and i agree it should be), why do you only hold republicans to that standard.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:32 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Many media outlets did deep dive investigations and found her to be a dishonest fraudster who repeatedly changed her story.
unlike the lady who accused kavanaugh. rock solid credibility.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:32 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Prove it capt drive by ..
spence made the claim. it’s his to prove.
Old 01-19-2023, 08:15 PM   #64
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but it’s acceptable for Blumenthal to repeatedly lie about serving in the vietnam war, and bidens many many lies are also not disqualifying.

if lying is disqualifying ( and i agree it should be), why do you only hold republicans to that standard.
Jim still supports santos as if he’s the victim shocked

There it is again Jim. A lies is lie regardless of the lie or the extent of the Liar lies
Aka everything is equal in Jim’s reality

Last edited by wdmso; 01-19-2023 at 08:21 PM..
Old 01-19-2023, 08:17 PM   #65
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I don’t have to, Major Mensa
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No you don’t, but the real reason is you can’t
Old 01-19-2023, 08:18 PM   #66
wdmso

Quote:

I am so glad you’re no ones criminal attorney
Old 01-19-2023, 08:48 PM   #67
spence

Quote:
You’re capable of a simple google search.
Old 01-19-2023, 09:00 PM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
only you would be placated by the media saying they investigated this.

look i love dogs, if this guy did this, arrest him. and if there’s a mechanism to boot him out for the lies we know he told, do it.

but at least i can hold both sides to the same standard. the commies here would never, ever suggest that democrat liars ( biden, blumenthal, warren) also deserve the boot. because lying, like everything else, is no problem when democrats do it.
Poor victim
The NRCC has deleted George Santos’ profile page.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-20-2023, 10:11 AM   #69
wdmso

the commies here

there it is more ultra MAGA rhetoric

jim the only one acting like a commie here is you ... suggesting people prove their innocence or their statements are true ... Because you disagree with their political position or you have a feeling

So whats your feeling about George Santos

there's more than enough researched fact checked information and his own words to draw an educated decision .

Jim the i can hold both sides to the same standard.

is nonsense your idea of standards a lie is a lie ...

there's no nuance there no objectivity no propositionality no context in that logic
Old 01-20-2023, 10:21 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You’re capable of a simple google search.
Last time i checked, it's the purview of law enforcement, not the media, to investigate and validate/dismiss rape claims. I don't care what Sean Hannity or Rachael Maddow have to say about such things, because they're blind zombies.

During the Kavanaugh witch trials, Biden himself said we have a responsibility to believe all women who make such accusations. Fine. Let's apply that same exact standard, Biden's standard to Tara Reade, and believe her. Or say that Biden's suggested standard is stupid.

You want to have it both ways. Biden's standard is brilliant, and it shouldn't apply to democrats.
Old 01-20-2023, 10:29 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
the commies here

there it is more ultra MAGA rhetoric

jim the only one acting like a commie here is you ... suggesting people prove their innocence or their statements are true ... Because you disagree with their political position or you have a feeling

So whats your feeling about George Santos

there's more than enough researched fact checked information and his own words to draw an educated decision .

Jim the i can hold both sides to the same standard.

is nonsense your idea of standards a lie is a lie ...

there's no nuance there no objectivity no propositionality no context in that logic
"jim the only one acting like a commie here is you ... suggesting people prove their innocence or their statements are true"

So you just take my word for everything I post? You have never asked me to source anything? I forgot, it's OK when you do it, because you're a democrat.

"So whats your feeling about George Santos "

I've said it ten times, but here goes...I think he's unfit to serve based on the lies we know he told (many have been proven lies). Unlike you, I can hold both sides to the same standard. You'd only disqualify Republicans who lie about their background to get elected, you've demonstrated here that you don't care when democrats do it.

I never said every lie is the same, I agree some are worse than others. But Biden lying about getting arrested with Nelson Mandela and about participating in civil rights marches (I think?), and Blumenthal lying about serving in Vietnam...those seem at least as bad as Santos lying about what school he graduated from or where he worked previously.

How can you claim that Blumenthal's lie isn't as bad as what Santos said? By what logic could you claim that? Unless I'm not aware of the nature of Santos' lies? He lied about where he went to school, about being Jewish, about where he worked?

Lying to get elected, should be a crime. Some kind of fraud. I think Santos should be kicked out and do a month or 2 in prison. Same with democrats who do it.

I sit really so much to ask, that we apply the standards regardless of party? You can't do it, not on any one issue. You are constantly flip flopping.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:42 AM   #72
wdmso

Quote:
"jim the only one acting like a commie here is you ... suggesting people prove their innocence or their statements are true"

So you just take my word for everything I post? You have never asked me to source anything? I forgot, it's OK when you do it, because you're a democrat.

"So whats your feeling about George Santos "

I've said it ten times, but here goes...I think he's unfit to serve based on the lies we know he told (many have been proven lies). Unlike you, I can hold both sides to the same standard. You'd only disqualify Republicans who lie about their background to get elected, you've demonstrated here that you don't care when democrats do it.

I never said every lie is the same, I agree some are worse than others. But Biden lying about getting arrested with Nelson Mandela and about participating in civil rights marches (I think?), and Blumenthal lying about serving in Vietnam...those seem at least as bad as Santos lying about what school he graduated from or where he worked previously.

How can you claim that Blumenthal's lie isn't as bad as what Santos said? By what logic could you claim that? Unless I'm not aware of the nature of Santos' lies? He lied about where he went to school, about being Jewish, about where he worked?

Lying to get elected, should be a crime. Some kind of fraud. I think Santos should be kicked out and do a month or 2 in prison. Same with democrats who do it.

I sit really so much to ask, that we apply the standards regardless of party? You can't do it, not on any one issue. You are constantly flip flopping.
How can you claim that Blumenthal's lie isn't as bad as what Santos said?

easy something you clearly are in short supply of Common sense

your Man crush loses again

A US judge has ordered Donald Trump and one of his lawyers to jointly pay nearly $1m (£809,190) in fines for a "frivolous" lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and others.

The lawsuit accused Mrs Clinton and others of trying to rig the 2016 US presidential election by linking his campaign to Russia.

"This case should never have been brought," wrote US District Judge Donald M Middlebrooks in his order.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:30 PM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Last time i checked, it's the purview of law enforcement, not the media, to investigate and validate/dismiss rape claims. I don't care what Sean Hannity or Rachael Maddow have to say about such things, because they're blind zombies.

During the Kavanaugh witch trials, Biden himself said we have a responsibility to believe all women who make such accusations. Fine. Let's apply that same exact standard, Biden's standard to Tara Reade, and believe her. Or say that Biden's suggested standard is stupid.

You want to have it both ways. Biden's standard is brilliant, and it shouldn't apply to democrats.
Remember when the FBI delivered the Kavanaugh complaints to the White House instead of to Judicial committee?

“Thanks to the brave souls who shared their stories… Justice picks up where the FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh fell woefully short.” - Director Doug Liman of JUSTICE, DougLiman's documentary debut on the Brett Kavanaugh FBI Investigation.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2023, 06:39 PM   #74
wdmso

George Santos says his mom was in the World Trade Center on 9/11. Records show she wasn't in the U.S.

And the GOP still refuses to admit he needs to resign
Old 01-21-2023, 07:29 PM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
George Santos says his mom was in the World Trade Center on 9/11. Records show she wasn't in the U.S.

And the GOP still refuses to admit he needs to resign
richard blumenthal said for years he ( not his mother) served in Vietnam . Who is saying he needs to resign?

Lying, like everything, is ok when liberals do it.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:26 PM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

After calling reports that he was a drag queen "categorically false" and "outrageous," George Santos just admitted to dressing in drag, but insisted he wasn't a drag queen, but was just "young and had fun at a festival." So, drag-ish?
Old 01-21-2023, 09:07 PM   #77
wdmso

Quote:
richard blumenthal said for years he ( not his mother) served in Vietnam . Who is saying he needs to resign?

Lying, like everything, is ok when liberals do it.
Hate to be rude but enough is enough. Time to tear off the band aid stop being a child Jim and Grow up already..

It’s sad you still can’t comprehend the difference
Old 01-21-2023, 10:44 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim can’t tell the difference between a dog and a cat, they both have tails…..so obviously they’re the same.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:10 PM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

GOP elects the first drag queen and first self-described trans congressperson in American history with George Santos.

Sure he's full of #^&#^&#^&#^&, but this is really freaking significant and we should be talking about it more.
Old 01-28-2023, 12:19 PM   #80
spence

Has anyone else noticed that Santos like to pair khakis with a sweater and an orphaned striped suit jacket? This is a serious fashion don’t under any circumstance.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:27 PM   #81
wdmso

Amish country farmers say George Santos took puppies, left bad checks

Man it never ends
Old 02-11-2023, 11:56 AM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Move over George Santos, it appears that Republican Anna Paulina Luna from Florida allegedly lied about being raised Jewish and her grandfather was actually a fullblown Nazi who fought against the United States.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:35 PM   #83
Nebe

what a bunch of clowns.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:19 PM   #84
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Move over George Santos, it appears that Republican Anna Paulina Luna from Florida allegedly lied about being raised Jewish and her grandfather was actually a fullblown Nazi who fought against the United States.
Don’t worry Fox is coming to her rescue https://www.foxnews.com/politics/was...resswoman-says

Freshman
Rep. Anna Paulina Luna, R-Fla., said Friday that the Washington Post's profile of her contained several mischaracterizations and factual errors, and said its suggestion that she only embraced her Hispanic heritage in order to run for office shows how far the mainstream press will go to attack conservatives.

Luna argued that she would not associate with someone who is antisemitic. “I in no way, shape or form would ever put myself in a position where I’m hanging out with someone like that, and so I just don’t see that Marjorie Taylor Greene is that person,” said Luna, who is 33. “If I see it happening on the right, I’m the first person to condemn it and say, like, ‘Hey, that’s not cool. I don’t align with that.’”
Luna’s embrace of Greene and of conspiracy theories about 2020 election fraud https://jewishinsider.com/2022/11/fl...ene-eric-lynn/