Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-12-2023, 07:08 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim’s “evidence”

“So, you’ve guessed it! This column is a transparent attempt this holiday season to shame liberals into being more charitable. Since I often scold Republicans for being callous in their policies toward the needy, it seems only fair to reproach Democrats for being cheap in their private donations. What I want for Christmas is a healthy competition between left and right to see who actually does more for the neediest.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-12-2023, 11:51 PM   #32
wdmso

Republicans and Democrats give roughly equal amounts to religious organisations aside from their own congregations, and we also find some evidence that Democrats donate more to non-religious organisations than Republicans. In other words, the baseline difference in charitable giving emerges because Republicans are more religious than Democrats, and religious people donate generously to their religious congregations.

So in a nutshell Conservatives are more generous to themselves

Top 10 US philanthropists Warren Buffett, George Soros Bill Gates Michael Bloomberg, Chuck family Charles Koch, Jeff Bezos Phil Knight, David Koch
6-4 liberals win
Old 01-13-2023, 10:53 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Republicans and Democrats give roughly equal amounts to religious organisations aside from their own congregations, and we also find some evidence that Democrats donate more to non-religious organisations than Republicans. In other words, the baseline difference in charitable giving emerges because Republicans are more religious than Democrats, and religious people donate generously to their religious congregations.

So in a nutshell Conservatives are more generous to themselves

Top 10 US philanthropists Warren Buffett, George Soros Bill Gates Michael Bloomberg, Chuck family Charles Koch, Jeff Bezos Phil Knight, David Koch
6-4 liberals win
"So in a nutshell Conservatives are more generous to themselves "

That can only be true, if you assume that money given to a church, benefits the person who made the donation. What you said can only be true, if the church doesnt spend a single penny on actual charity.

I'm the treasurer of the PTO at my kids school. The church donates money to the school so that a small number of poor kids can attend, who could never afford the tuition.

My church, that Catholic church, operates soup kitchens, homeless shelters, hospitals, that provide services to the poor. The money to fund those services, comes from donations. Therefore, when I put money in the basket on Sundays, some of that money is benefitting myself (the church might get a fresh paint job, or a new furnace), but some of that money is obviously benefitting others besides myself.

The notion that people only give to a church to benefit themselves...that's stupid, even for you.

"op 10 US philanthropists Warren Buffett, George Soros Bill Gates Michael Bloomberg, Chuck family Charles Koch, Jeff Bezos Phil Knight, David Koch
6-4 liberals win"

So a sample of ten people, in a country of 330 million, is a representative sample? Wow.

Desperate and pathetic.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:55 AM   #34
Jim in CT

And not ONE of you could just say when you think life begins. How can you have a position on abortion, if you can't say when life begins?

The intellectual cowardice and dishonesty is stunning. You're all exactly the same, not a speck of daylight between you.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:13 AM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And not ONE of you could just say when you think life begins. How can you have a position on abortion, if you can't say when life begins?

The intellectual cowardice and dishonesty is stunning. You're all exactly the same, not a speck of daylight between you.
We do have a position, it should be up to the woman and her doctors. We don't, or I don't feel like playing the Jim circle game.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:09 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
We do have a position, it should be up to the woman and her doctors. We don't, or I don't feel like playing the Jim circle game.
I guess I am a baby killer supporter because I don’t condemn women or families who make that gut wrenching choice. Thankfully I never had to make . And abortion would never be and never has been a consideration for me or members of my family.
Not because we’re religious not because we are Financially stable .

It’s just always been I don’t see myself that arrogant enough to think it’s any of my business and some how I know what’s best for people faced with that situation we’re they consider such choice

But then again look at those on the right so concerned about the unborn
These same people went Berserk when asked to wear a Mask that love of life went out the window. But even that they Intertwined into the abortion argument….
Old 01-13-2023, 12:37 PM   #37
PaulS

Quote:
I guess I am a baby killer supporter because I don’t condemn women or families who make that gut wrenching choice. Thankfully I never had to make . And abortion would never be and never has been a consideration for me or members of my family.I can't imagine having to make that decision.
Not because we’re religious not because we are Financially stable .

It’s just always been I don’t see myself that arrogant enough to think it’s any of my business and some how I know what’s best for people faced with that situation we’re they consider such choice

But then again look at those on the right so concerned about the unborn
These same people went Berserk when asked to wear a Mask that love of life went out the window. But even that they Intertwined into the abortion argument….
Well said
Old 01-13-2023, 12:58 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Which states have the highest rate of child poverty

States with the greatest percentage of children living in poverty:

1. Mississippi – 27.6%

2. Louisiana – 26.3%

3. New Mexico – 25.6%

4. West Virginia – 23.1%

5. Alabama – 22.7%

6. Kentucky – 22.2%

7. Arkansas – 22%

8. South Carolina – 21.2%

9. Tennessee – 20.8%

10. Oklahoma – 20.7%

Which states have the lowest

1. New Hampshire – 8.9%

2. Utah – 9.9%

3. North Dakota – 11.1%

4. Colorado – 11.5%

5. Minnesota – 11.6%

6. Maryland – 11.6%

7. Hawaii – 11.7%
Old 01-13-2023, 02:19 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Which states have the highest rate of child poverty

States with the greatest percentage of children living in poverty:

1. Mississippi – 27.6%

2. Louisiana – 26.3%

3. New Mexico – 25.6%

4. West Virginia – 23.1%

5. Alabama – 22.7%

6. Kentucky – 22.2%

7. Arkansas – 22%

8. South Carolina – 21.2%

9. Tennessee – 20.8%

10. Oklahoma – 20.7%

Which states have the lowest

1. New Hampshire – 8.9%

2. Utah – 9.9%

3. North Dakota – 11.1%

4. Colorado – 11.5%

5. Minnesota – 11.6%

6. Maryland – 11.6%

7. Hawaii – 11.7%
Sara’s on the job in Arkansas. She banned Latinx and CRT nothing on child poverty
Old 01-13-2023, 04:21 PM   #40
Jim in CT

wayne, a very common liberal point in abortion, goes something like “if moms can’t have abortions, who’s going to help them take care of the babies they didn’t want.”

have liberals never heard of adoption? in this country, unwanted babies don’t languish in foster care, there’s a huge waiting list of people
desperate to adopt.

So why don’t you assume that adoption would meaningfully lessen the burden on women who don’t want to care for babies? your side never, ever gives adoption any consideration.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:27 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sara’s on the job in Arkansas. She banned Latinx and CRT nothing on child poverty
FFS you just recently said you have no interest in opinions without facts. So either show us some facts that show that a huge majority of religious charity goes to republicans versus democrats, or drop it.

This is one of the stupidest paths you’ve ever gone down

even if you remove religious donations altogether, conservative generosity doesn’t drop anywhere close to zero. so even if you remove it altogether, the data shows that conservatives care about the well
being of the needy.

Trump did more for blacks, without question, than any president who ever came before him. When he mentioned record low black unemployment at his state of the union, do you remember what happened? the republicans went berserk, the democrats all
sat on their hands, bitter and miserable.

George W Bush, also called a racist by your side, spearheaded an AIDS initiative i. africa that stanford university says saved over one million lives. But he’s a republican, so according to you, he doesn’t care about anyone other than himself and other republicans.
Old 01-13-2023, 05:18 PM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
Trump did more for blacks, without question, than any president who ever came before him.
You're going to say that black unemployment was at its lowest which I guess somebody could say Trump did more for Racist, perverts and every other deviant because they're unemployment went down also during his term.

Then for like the 50th time your going to say Enterprise zones so Pete or Wayne or myself can pull up articles showing how they really didn't benefit urban areas but benefited the people who invested in them.

So what exactly did he Specifically do to lower black unemployment and can you post up any documentation showing that it lowered Black unemployment?
Old 01-13-2023, 08:44 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wayne, a very common liberal point in abortion, goes something like “if moms can’t have abortions, who’s going to help them take care of the babies they didn’t want.”

have liberals never heard of adoption? in this country, unwanted babies don’t languish in foster care, there’s a huge waiting list of people
desperate to adopt.

So why don’t you assume that adoption would meaningfully lessen the burden on women who don’t want to care for babies? your side never, ever gives adoption any consideration.
Your ilk thinks that adoption is a free ride for the mother, with no ramifications.

Lots of things have been happening over the past fifty years to reduce abortion numbers, while adoption is one of them, access to birth control and sex education also played a major role.
The major mission of Planned Parenthood has never been being only an abortion provider as your ilk paints them.
Tell me more about how the Catholic Church promotes birth control and sex education, I’m listening?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-13-2023, 08:50 PM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Tell me more about how the Catholic Church promotes birth control and sex education, I’m listening?
From what I’ve heard, the priest takes the young boys into his office and teaches them the ropes.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:52 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
FFS you just recently said you have no interest in opinions without facts. So either show us some facts that show that a huge majority of religious charity goes to republicans versus democrats, or drop it.

This is one of the stupidest paths you’ve ever gone down

even if you remove religious donations altogether, conservative generosity doesn’t drop anywhere close to zero. so even if you remove it altogether, the data shows that conservatives care about the well
being of the needy.

Trump did more for blacks, without question, than any president who ever came before him. When he mentioned record low black unemployment at his state of the union, do you remember what happened? the republicans went berserk, the democrats all

George W Bush, also called a racist by your side, spearheaded an AIDS initiative i. africa that stanford university says saved over one million lives. But he’s a republican, so according to you, he doesn’t care about anyone other than himself and other republicans.
Have you ever looked at a picture of Republicans?
You think those white faces are representative of the American people?
Apparently black people aren’t as easily gaslit as poorly educated whites in Republican states.
Why would they want to throw in with the people who self admitted that they’re less educated and have less opportunity to get ahead?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-13-2023, 09:07 PM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

You wonder why there’s few Republicans of color?

“We can be especially proud of the City of Milwaukee (80.2% Dem Vote) casting 37,000 less votes than cast in the 2018 election with the major reduction happening in the overwhelming Black and Hispanic areas.” — Wisconsin Republican official Robert Spindell
Old 01-13-2023, 09:12 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
From what I’ve heard, the priest takes the young boys into his office and teaches them the ropes.
That’s only 5% of the priests, the rest do nothing.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-13-2023, 10:06 PM   #48
wdmso

Quote:

desperate to adopt.

Jim, you’re clueless all my friends that I know that adopted babies had to go to China or Russia what’s that tell you
Old 01-13-2023, 10:07 PM   #49
wdmso

Quote:

This is one of the stupidest paths you’ve ever gone

being of the needy.

I guess you missed the part over talk about Arkansas and child poverty, but don’t worry can’t say Latinx in Arkansas
Old 01-13-2023, 10:14 PM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You're going to say that black unemployment was at its lowest which I guess somebody could say Trump did more for Racist, perverts and every other deviant because they're unemployment went down also during his term.

Then for like the 50th time your going to say Enterprise zones so Pete or Wayne or myself can pull up articles showing how they really didn't benefit urban areas but benefited the people who invested in them.

So what exactly did he Specifically do to lower black unemployment and can you post up any documentation showing that it lowered Black unemployment?
Trump did nothing for black unemployment directly it was lower for everybody, so by de facto, it was lower for blacks as well

But disingenuous, Jim can’t accept that rationale