Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #1
Jim in CT

paul the most likely explanation all along was a political hit job. but he’s insane.

Here’s a question for you. I wouldn’t care what any other lefties would respond to this, but i’m curious to know your reaction.

If you want to blame the GOP for this, then using that logic, don’t we also blame democrats for the shooting of republicans at the congressional softball game, for the assassination plot against Kavanaugh? If wnot, what’s the difference?

I really think we need to dial the rhetoric down. But the inflammatory rhetoric is not used exclusively by the right. I’m not saying the right doesn’t use language i think is inflammatory, we do it all the time. But so does the left.

In Bidens speech last night, naturally he said it was evil
to question the integrity of our elections. But Hilary is in tv saying the gop is planning to steal the 2022 and even the 2024 elections. Why is it ok when she does it?

Let’s tone down the rhetoric, have standards that we apply equally to everyone, and spend more time talking about which policies work and which don’t work.
Old 11-03-2022, 08:49 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

paul the most likely explanation all along was a political hit job. but he’s insane.
when someone attacks a politician verbally or physically, it's usually politically motivated...AOC was verbally attacked recently by her own supporters because they believe she's sold them out....maybe this illegal hippie blm supporting rainbow flag waving child transitioning drug doing nut felt like nancy sold him out....or maybe he just wanted stock tips?
Old 11-03-2022, 08:51 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
when someone attacks a politician verbally or physically, it's usually politically motivated...AOC was verbally attacked recently by her own supporters because they believe she's sold them out....maybe this illegal hippie blm supporting rainbow flag waving child transitioning drug doing nut felt like nancy sold him out....or maybe he just wanted stock tips?
they are world class stock pickers!
Old 11-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
paul the most likely explanation all along was a political hit job. but he’s insane.agreed

Here’s a question for you. I wouldn’t care what any other lefties would respond to this, but i’m curious to know your reaction.

If you want to blame the GOP for this, then using that logic, don’t we also blame democrats for the shooting of republicans at the congressional softball game, for the assassination plot against Kavanaugh? If wnot, what’s the difference?The difference is that in the past when someone on either side got attacked/shot/etc it was over policy issues(taxes, the border, etc). This idiot believed the conspiracies spread by many Rs. If he says that he believed Trump won and the election was a fraud that can be tied directly to Trump, many in his admin. and many Rs.

I really think we need to dial the rhetoric down. But the inflammatory rhetoric is not used exclusively by the right. I’m not saying the right doesn’t use language i think is inflammatory, we do it all the time. But so does the left.agreed

In Bidens speech last night, naturally he said it was evil
to question the integrity of our elections. But Hilary is in tv saying the gop is planning to steal the 2022 and even the 2024 elections. Why is it ok when she does it?She is not the ex Pres for one and I'd have to see her full quotes.

Let’s tone down the rhetoric, have standards that we apply equally to everyone, and spend more time talking about which policies work and which don’t work.
NM
Old 11-03-2022, 10:39 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
NM
"The difference is that in the past when someone on either side got attacked/shot/etc it was over policy issues(taxes, the border, etc)."

So it's less outrageous that the guy who planned to kill Kavanaugh, can say it was because of abortion? The fact that he can connect it to a policy decision that actually happened, makes it less vile than attacking Mr Pelosi because of the the lie that the election was stolen?

And what policy issue was the motive behind the shooting of 6 republicans at the congressional softball game?

God almighty man...you're saying it's less horrible to attack a politician over an actual policy position, than to attack a politician over a made up policy position? So it's more tolerable to kill republicans if you oppose the Trump tax cuts, than it is to kill a democrat because you think they're soft on crime?

Whew.

If you really believed what you just said, why aren't you condemning Hilary for already saying the GOP will steal the 2022 and 2024 elections?

Have fun answering that one.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:45 AM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
"The difference is that in the past when someone on either side got attacked/shot/etc it was over policy issues(taxes, the border, etc)."

So it's less outrageous that the guy who planned to kill Kavanaugh, can say it was because of abortion? The fact that he can connect it to a policy decision that actually happened, makes it less vile than attacking Mr Pelosi because of the the lie that the election was stolen?

And what policy issue was the motive behind the shooting of 6 republicans at the congressional softball game?

God almighty man...you're saying it's less horrible to attack a politician over an actual policy position, than to attack a politician over a made up policy position? never said thatSo it's more tolerable to kill republicans if you oppose the Trump tax cuts, than it is to kill a democrat because you think they're soft on crime?Pls. point out where I said anything remotely close to that?

Whew.

If you really believed what you just said, why aren't you condemning Hilary for already saying the GOP will steal the 2022 and 2024 elections?

Have fun answering that one.Ok douchebag
I showed his actions are directly tied to lies by Trump, his admin. and many Rs, not policy decisions. The guys who shot giffords and scalise did it bc of their policies - not because they were brainwashed by Trump or Hillary.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:50 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I showed his actions are directly tied to lies by Trump, his admin. and many Rs, not policy decisions. The guys who shot giffords and scalise did it bc of their policies - not because they were brainwashed by Trump or Hillary.
Paul, you said the difference was that previous shootings were based on policy, and this one was based on the lie of election fraud.

So if we somehow found out that the 2020 election was stolen, you'd have a better opinion of the guy who attacked Pelosi?

"Ok douchebag"

But I'm angry.
Old 11-03-2022, 04:20 PM   #8
wdmso

If so, why was it ok for hilary to be an election denier?

You get that from a cult meeting?

Now you are changing the definition what election denial is..

Clinton concedes to Trump: 'We owe him an open mind'

What happen to having standards
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-03-2022, 07:00 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If so, why was it ok for hilary to be an election denier?

You get that from a cult meeting?

SO you're denying that she called Trump illegitimate, and youre denying that she said "you can be the better candidate and have it stolen from you.".

I'm making that up?

And she's already saying the GOP is stealing the 2024 election.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:13 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
SO you're denying that she called Trump illegitimate, and youre denying that she said "you can be the better candidate and have it stolen from you.".

I'm making that up?

Just think, if it wasn't for monumental screw-ups, sabotage, lying, cheating and Russian interference, Hillary would be in the middle of her second term.

Thank God for Joe Biden.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:

I'm making that up?

She conceded Jim you have no argument

Did read what she said

Hillary Clinton questions the integrity of 2024 election by already claiming 'right-wing extremists have a plan to STEAL it

Didn’t see the GOP mentioned

And Jim what makes you think she’s wrong.

Why is what Hillary is saying upsetting you?

But the long list of Republicans election denialists running for office
And have already tried. What makes you think they won’t Try again?

You could ask Clarence Thomas seeing he was pivotal to the last attempt

Doesn’t even get a comment from you
Old 11-03-2022, 06:18 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

The last words the jury heard before the prosecutors rested their case - Defendant Elmer Rhodes saying: “We should have brought rifles. We could have fixed it right then & there. I’d hang f**king Pelosi from the lamppost.” In the courtroom, you could have heard a firing pin drop.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:06 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Marjorie Taylor Greene got the Trump rally crowd to boo Paul Pelosi. In case you were wondering where the Republican Party is in 2022.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:10 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

“They had a damn insider on SCOTUS”: Experts alarmed after Trump lawyer emails inadvertently leak
Old 11-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #15
wdmso

With a map in hand, the activist zeroed in on sprawling Maricopa County, home to Phoenix and 60 percent of the state’s voters, and called for breaking it into four counties, one that would concentrate most Democrats and three that would favor Republicans.

GOP officials at every level who could thwart an election outcome unfavorable to the party. “Get a compliant governor,” Adams said, describing the strategy. “Get a compliant secretary of state. Get compliant legislative leadership.”

But the rights upset that Hillary said they have a plan

I just posted their plan not just for Arizona
Old 11-04-2022, 06:27 PM   #16
scottw

Quote:

I just posted their plan not just for Arizona

have you been talking to QAnon?
Old 11-04-2022, 06:32 PM   #17
scottw

hmmmm....curious..."NBC News reported significant new details in the investigation into last week’s attack on Paul Pelosi on Friday — and then promptly retracted the report as soon as those details began circulating online."

"In a Today Show segment that aired Friday morning, NBC News anchor Miguel Almaguer reported that Pelosi reacted in an unusual way to the arrival of police officers after calling 911 because a deranged, underwear-clad man had broken into his house and was searching for his wife, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

“The front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. He did not declare an emergency or try to leave his home, instead began walking several feet back towards the assailant and away from police,” Almaguer reported, citing “sources familiar with what unfolded in the Pelosi residence.”
Old 11-04-2022, 07:04 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
hmmmm....curious..."NBC News reported significant new details in the investigation into last week’s attack on Paul Pelosi on Friday — and then promptly retracted the report as soon as those details began circulating online."

"In a Today Show segment that aired Friday morning, NBC News anchor Miguel Almaguer reported that Pelosi reacted in an unusual way to the arrival of police officers after calling 911 because a deranged, underwear-clad man had broken into his house and was searching for his wife, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

“The front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. He did not declare an emergency or try to leave his home, instead began walking several feet back towards the assailant and away from police,” Almaguer reported, citing “sources familiar with what unfolded in the Pelosi residence.”
NBC pretty quickly took this down.

Wonder if we’ll ever know what the hell happened.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:56 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
have you been talking to QAnon?
You do hate the Truth? why is that so hard for you ..

But you are still running with the underwear story. Lol and I’ve been talking to QAnon. Yet you’re carrying their card.
Old 11-05-2022, 11:33 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
You do hate the Truth? why is that so hard for you ..

But you are still running with the underwear story. Lol and I’ve been talking to QAnon. Yet you’re carrying their card.
NBC, not fox news, says that paul pelosi answered the door when the cops showed up. and that he wasn’t concerned that the intruder was there.
Old 11-05-2022, 02:49 PM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
NBC, not fox news, says that paul pelosi answered the door when the cops showed up. and that he wasn’t concerned that the intruder was there.
You really need to update your sources and do some due diligence

And who cares what NBC on Nov 4th. it’s the same info I posted except of course right wing sights like the national review NY post what to suggest a cover up?

The info below is also from Nov 4th

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ls/8258324001/

Yes pelosi opened the door who said he didn’t. And he more likely was in his underwear he was in bed when attacked 2 a.m., from court records.

Pelosi, who was sleeping in a pajama top and boxer shorts,

The dispatcher asked for the man’s name and he replied, “My name is David.” When the dispatcher asked who David is, Paul Pelosi said he didn’t know.

I’m a friend of theirs,” DePape said

. To defuse the situation, Paul Pelosi told the dispatcher that he did not need police, fire, or medical assistance. But Pelosi then asked for Capitol Police because they are usually at the house protecting his wife. The San Francisco police dispatcher, Heather Grives, said he called city police and Pelosi said he understood.

At 2:31 a.m. – about two minutes after the 911 call ended – Police Officers Kolby Wilmes and Kyle Cagney arrived at the house. Wilmes rang the doorbell, but DePape told Pelosi not to open it.

Pelosi opened the door with his left hand. In the dimly lit foyer, Pelosi nervously but calmly greeted the officers.

“Everything’s good,” DePape replied, when the officers asked what was going on.

When an officer turned on his flashlight, police could see DePape was holding the hammer with one hand and Pelosi’s right arm with the other. Pelosi had his hand on the top of the hammer.

“Drop the hammer!” one officer said.

“Um, nope,” DePape allegedly replied

What is going on here?” an officer asked.

The blow knocked Pelosi unconscious. The two officers rushed into the house and tackled DePape and disarmed him.

Capitol Police cameras recorded break-in at Pelosi residence

Why do you need to see body cameras?

I’ll tell you . because you believe there’s been some conspiracy’s and the police are in on it. What else could it be?

Yet the Deep state couldn’t cover up his DUI. But someone’s trying to cover up this? Or it’s it’s a false flag operation.. it’s always the same thing with right wingers lies get more attention then truth

DePape is in the United States illegally, a Department of Homeland Security spokesperson confirmed Thursday. He is a Canadian citizen who last entered the U.S. legally on a six-month tourist visa in 2008 and overstayed that visa.

I bet if he was brown fox would have been all over it
Old 11-04-2022, 06:43 PM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Ya don’t say….
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C05B74AD-6556-4132-A668-74A631599342.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	69295  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-04-2022, 07:03 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Ya don’t say….
oh my god!!
Old 11-04-2022, 07:16 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
oh my god!!
South Park always “Goes There”

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-05-2022, 03:23 AM   #25
scottw

Depage sounds like PaulS......
Old 11-05-2022, 11:04 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
Depage sounds like PaulS......
Does he really? I still think it's hilarious that his ex boss and newspapers look down on people who are snarky and are trolls. Which is exactly what you are a snarky troll.
Old 11-07-2022, 02:31 PM   #27
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
oh my god!!

Multi million dollar security system, police with body cams……..
Glass door shattered outward, his own words to the police on the initial call, “he’s my friend”
Where is the 3rd guy that was there…… all of them in their fruit of the looms……….
WHERES THE SECURITY & body cam tapes 🤔
If 1 cop laid a finger on Paul Pelosi, CNN, MSNBC and the others would have been running that footage 24/7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C681BCEB-9B34-4D1D-B2AD-A6BAE0DD2B5C.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	525.7 KB
ID:	69303  

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 11-07-2022, 06:59 PM   #28
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Multi million dollar security system, police with body cams……..
Glass door shattered outward, his own words to the police on the initial call, “he’s my friend”
Where is the 3rd guy that was there…… all of them in their fruit of the looms……….
WHERES THE SECURITY & body cam tapes 🤔
If 1 cop laid a finger on Paul Pelosi, CNN, MSNBC and the others would have been running that footage 24/7
Damn, you fully drank the koolaid. What flavor do you like? Orange I presume?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-07-2022, 07:25 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
NBC ( not fox) reported that Pelosi let the police in, then after he let them in, he walked over to dave.

is that what one does when one is being held captive by an intruder Bryan? i’m not making that up. NBC reported that.

all they have to do, is release the body cam video.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:37 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
this is so beneath you...