Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #61
wdmso

Funny Ronald Reagan Trust, but verify QUOTE

That idea must have lost its meaning . In Trumps republican party

The new quote
Justify and Blame

Quite the comparison
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-17-2020, 09:33 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
assuming people were wrong when presenting facts as they.knew them . And they changed their positions based on new information.. again dosnt get him off the hook..Trump avoided it until he couldn't avoid it ..

Thats wasnt caused by wrong info. That was his choice

And fairness TRUMP doesn't have any room for you to demand fairness. Do you think he is operating based on fairness .

Jim your facts are fashioned to 99% blame everyone else but Trump sprinkled with 1% criticism, to say see iam not a Fan

I have 100% disdain for him and see him as a dark stain on the History of the united states ..

TRUMPS saying at his library A Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we teach you that there's more to life than being really, really ridiculously good-looking. Words can only hurt you if you try to read them.
You're wandering all over the place, you don't have any command of what you're saying, except that everything bad that has ever happened or will ever happen, is Trumps fault, and his fault alone.

"And fairness TRUMP doesn't have any room for you to demand fairness. Do you think he is operating based on fairness "

Yet you're more than fair to the politicians you happen to like. Is Hilary so morally superior to Trump? I sure don't think so. Both scumbags. Doesn't mean I can't evaluate them fairly.

"Jim your facts are fashioned to 99% blame everyone else but Trump sprinkled with 1% criticism"

Not even close. You're making stuff up. Your posts are at least 99% negative, even when things were peaceful and prosperous. Because you simply cannot be far, because you have TDS.

"I have 100% disdain for him "

Thanks for the revelation, we didn't already know that.

As a human being, I also have great disdain for him. But the fact is, as a president, he did some things which made many of us better off. I can admit that. You can't. You just can't. Because you are enslaved by your ideology. I go where the facts and empirical results take me. You can't do that.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:05 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

By the time he's done Trump* will eventually have taken every possible inconsistent position about the virus. That will let him test which polls best, and his supporters can then pick that one as the position he took all along.

Trump*s new plan with the-buck-stops-with-the-states posture is largely designed to shield himself from blame should there be new outbreaks after states reopen or for other problems.

The Trump* "plan" to re-open the economy is similar to the Trump* "plan" to have drive-thru testing in every Wal Mart parking lot. It's...not a plan. It's another lie announced by this administration that purports to be a plan.

So over the next few weeks it’s going to become painfully obvious that governments in many other developed economies have handled this better than the United States.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-17-2020, 10:27 AM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Of course, the Chinese Communist Party & WHO should have been providing us with better information more quickly about Covid-19.

"Better" information!??!? They were out and out lying. China intentionally withheld the truth and spread destructive falsehood. And their puppet head of WHO regurgitated the lie for the rest of the world to react accordingly. And yes, we're supposed to follow WHO advice. It is its purpose to inform and advise us. We pay them enough for that. We should demand a refund. And we should tell China that we will cancel our debt on the loans from them as a payment in full to balance the debt we have incurred because of their malfeasance.

China immediately stopped travel from Wuhan to the rest of China when it knew what the virus was doing. But it allowed travelers from Wuhan to the rest of the World. The CCP knew it was spreading the virus world wide while trying to contain it in China.

The CCP deliberately attempted to weaken us. They should pay for that.

I also wonder what our Intelligence Community was reporting.

How far back in history do you want to wonder about that? How often have we been misinformed by our intelligence? How often have we deliberately been misled by it in order produce legislation and policy that favored what it wanted to do? Even during this administration, it has misled and lied to us about Trump's conspiring with Russia in order to remove him from office.

Do tell us that it knew exactly what China was doing. What the virus really was. How it really started. What and when we should be doing. And how about the highly touted British intelligence, or other European intelligence--what were they saying and what was done about that? Was this a worldwide failure of "intelligence"?

Since when did we start relying on communists to tell us the truth to defend our security?
I think we seriously started to rely on them to tell us the truth during the FDR administration. And they have been faking us out ever since. The only thing that ever stopped them was direct adversary confrontation.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #65
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You're wandering all over the place, you don't have any command of what you're saying, except that everything bad that has ever happened or will ever happen, is Trumps fault, and his fault alone.

"And fairness TRUMP doesn't have any room for you to demand fairness. Do you think he is operating based on fairness "

Yet you're more than fair to the politicians you happen to like. Is Hilary so morally superior to Trump? I sure don't think so. Both scumbags. Doesn't mean I can't evaluate them fairly.

"Jim your facts are fashioned to 99% blame everyone else but Trump sprinkled with 1% criticism"

Not even close. You're making stuff up. Your posts are at least 99% negative, even when things were peaceful and prosperous. Because you simply cannot be far, because you have TDS.

"I have 100% disdain for him "

Thanks for the revelation, we didn't already know that.

As a human being, I also have great disdain for him. But the fact is, as a president, he did some things which made many of us better off. I can admit that. You can't. You just can't. Because you are enslaved by your ideology. I go where the facts and empirical results take me. You can't do that.
Trump has done zero to make us better off , as a nation he has done plenty to make certain demographics better , that's certain.. but past accomplishments real or not are irrelevant.. the boards been wiped clean and were starting from scratch

Let's see what he does with his new opportunity
Old 04-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #66
scottw

Quote:

Trump has done zero to make us better off , as a nation he has done plenty to make certain demographics better , that's certain.. but past accomplishments real or not are irrelevant.. the boards been wiped clean and were starting from scratch

this is hilarious

Wayne...

Wayne has done zero to make sense , as a poster he has done plenty to make certain topics funnier , that's certain.. but past posts real or not are irrelevant.. the boards been wiped clean and were starting from scratch

the dictatorial leanings of the leftists are on display

Last edited by scottw; 04-17-2020 at 11:10 AM..
Old 04-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:

'Trump has done zero to make us better #^&#^&#^&#^&

He kept us safe, he got unemployment to the lowest it's been in 50 years, and the lowest ever for minorities. How is that not making anyone better off? Again, you cannot accept or process, that which doesn't fit your agenda.

"but past accomplishments real or not are irrelevant"

So because a pandemic hit that no one saw coming, his past accomplishments are wiped clean? And since when did you ever acknowledge any of his past accomplishments?

Gibberish.

Let's see where the economy is in 6 months.

Did you rip up your stimulus check? Does that check make you better off than before you cashed it? Yes or no?
Old 04-17-2020, 11:46 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is hilarious

Wayne...

Wayne has done zero to make sense , as a poster he has done plenty to make certain topics funnier , that's certain.. but past posts real or not are irrelevant.. the boards been wiped clean and were starting from scratch

the dictatorial leanings of the leftists are on display
It's an incredible waste to try and have a conversation, it really is.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:07 PM   #69
scottw

Quote:

Did you rip up your stimulus check?
probably saving it for when the toilet paper runs out
Old 04-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I think we seriously started to rely on them to tell us the truth during the FDR administration. And they have been faking us out ever since. The only thing that ever stopped them was direct adversary confrontation.
Do you think the IC told him that he should not think for a moment that President Xi is his friend or that it is a good idea?
That the NSC said a pandemic was not a national security threat?

Trump had a very consistent message that China was great and dealing with it as was he in January, February and most of March until he said I knew it was a pandemic all along and declared an Emergency.

On January 24, President Trump thanked President Xi Jinping for “transparency” and complimented the Chinese on their efforts to contain the coronavirus. For the next 50 days Trump proceeded to publicly praise Xi for his work on containing the coronavirus over a dozen times while privately insisting to his national security team that drastic actions were not needed to contain the virus because he trusted the information out of China.

On January 30, in an interview with Fox’s Peter Doocy, Trump said: “And we are in great shape. China is not in great shape right now, unfortunately. But they’re working very hard. We’ll see what happens. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries.”

On January 31, President Trump barred foreign visitors who had visited China in the preceding days from entering the United States, an early decision that he keeps demanding credit for, even though every subsequent action has undermined this initial move. (Like, that the restriction was only on certain types of passengers, not necessarily flights.)

On February 7, Chinese scientist and whistleblower Li Wenliang died. That same day, President Trump praised Xi’s handling of COVID-19, saying:

He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy, but he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

(It’s worth noting here that on March 19 the Trump campaign issued a press release accusing the Biden campaign of “siding with the Chinese” for noting the number of hospitals they had built, something that—as you see here—Trump lavishly praised Xi for.)

That wasn’t the only praise Trump offered Xi on February 7: He also told North Carolinians Xi “has handled it really well.” Adding that “we’re helping wherever we can. But we have a great relationship. It’s incredible. They respect us again. They didn’t even respect us. What they were doing to us—they didn’t even respect us. They respect us again and we respect them.”

On February 10, China’s death toll had crested 800 making it worse than SARS in the early 2000s. Trump went on now-benched Fox Business host Trish Regan’s nighttime show, where he said this:

Well, I think China is very, you know, professionally run, in the sense that they have everything under control. I really believe they are going to have it under control fairly soon.

On February 14, Trump told the National Border Patrol Council’s members:

I spoke with President Xi of China, and he’s working very hard on this. It’s a tremendous problem. But they’re very capable and they’ll—they’ll get to it. There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm—historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner, so that’ll be a great thing in China and other places.

It’s unclear here whether Trump was referring to the week-old conversation with Xi, or whether the conversation he was describing was more recent.

On February 18, as he was departing for a west coast jaunt, Trump told reporters at Andrews Air Force Base:

I think President Xi is working very hard. As you know, I spoke with him recently. He’s working really hard. It’s a tough problem. I think he’s going to do—look, I’ve seen them build hospitals in a short period of time. I really believe he wants to get that done, and he wants to get it done fast. Yes, I think he’s doing it very professionally. We’re also working with him and helping him, as of the last few days, as you know.

“I’m confident that they’re trying very hard,” Trump told a Phoenix radio station on Feb. 19. “I know President Xi. I get along with him very well. We just made a great trade deal, which is going to be a lot of business for Arizona and every other place. But they are trying very, very hard, and I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along.”

On February 23, President Trump was asked at a Marine One departure before a trip to India whether he thought “President Xi should be doing something different.” Trump replied:

No, I think President Xi is working very, very hard. I spoke to him. He’s working very hard. I think he’s doing a very good job. It’s a big problem. But President Xi loves his country. He’s working very hard to solve the problem and he will solve the problem. Okay?

On February 25, Trump was in India, where he told business leaders that Xi was “working very hard” and that it looked “like they’re getting it under control more and more.” Back in the U.S. on February 26, he reiterated he thought Xi was “working very hard.” This was just as Italy’s outbreak had begun:

I spoke with President Xi. We had a great talk. He’s working very hard, I have to say. He’s working very, very hard. And if you can count on the reports coming out of China, that spread has gone down quite a bit. The infection seems to have gone down over the last two days. As opposed to getting larger, it’s actually gotten smaller. In one instance where we think we can be—it’s somewhat reliable, it seems to have gotten quite a bit smaller.

In that same press conference, Trump told reporters that Xi Jinping was:

. . . working very hard. It would be very easy for me to say, you know—it doesn’t matter what I say, really. I can tell you, he is working—I had a long talk with him the other night. He is working really, really hard. He wants it to go away from China and go away fast, and he wants to get back to business as usual.

It remains unclear from any of these statements when “the other night” was or how many times Trump spoke with Xi in the previous few weeks.

On March 3, Trump visited the National Institutes of Health, where he spent the day with Dr. Anthony Fauci. At a press conference there, Trump was asked about the possibility of further travel restrictions. Here, too, he tossed out some random praise of China:

Well, we’re looking at different areas, and we’ll make that decision with these professionals. We made an early decision based on a little bit of luck, I suspect, but that was the original decision on China itself. And China, in all fairness to them, they never blamed us. It was, you know, a tough decision for them, but they fully understood. They were very reasonable about it.

On March 4, Trump phoned in to Sean Hannity’s show on Fox where he told listeners: “We’re dealing with China. President Xi, who I speak with, President Xi is working very, very hard in China. They have a big problem. But their numbers have gotten much better with respect to the coronavirus, very much better.”

On March 6, President Trump visited the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, where he once again praised China on their progress:

And I’ve heard the numbers are getting much better in China, but I hear the numbers are getting much better in Italy, et cetera, et cetera. But what I hear—so we have 240 cases, 11 deaths. Everything is too much and it’s true. I don’t want 11 deaths. I don’t want any deaths, right? But over the last long period of time, when people have the flu, you have an average of 36,000 people dying. I’ve never heard those numbers. I would—I would’ve been shocked. I would’ve said, “Does anybody die from the flu?” I didn’t know people died from the flu—36,000 people died.

On March 11, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic. In response, Trump restricted travel between the E.U. and the United States. He met with banking executives and while China was not a big topic of discussion Trump did say that he thought they were “healing” and floated the possibility that “we could start to think about getting back involved in that part of the world.”

That night, he also addressed the country from the Oval Office and in this brief talk only mentioned China in the context of praising his earlier decision on travel restrictions. Instead he sought to blame the E.U.’s somewhat looser travel restrictions—rather than the Chinese regime—for the virus’s growth in the United States,.

On March 13, President Trump declared a national emergency.

Reported US coronavirus deaths:

Feb. 16: 0 deaths
Mar. 16: 86 deaths
Apr. 16: 33,268 deaths

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #71
detbuch

Quote:
[B]Do you think the IC told him that he should not think for a moment that President Xi is his friend or that it is a good idea?
That the NSC said a pandemic was not a national security threat?
I don't know what the IC told him. I don't know what the IC of the rest of the world told their governments.

China loosed this pandemic on the rest of the world and there is no way that the CCP didn't know that is exactly what they were doing.

You can go on and on with your notion that it's Trump's fault that it was not stopped at our doorstep, or not stopped soon enough, and posting your selected timelines, but that is all, as usual, a compilation of factoids meant to inspire your preferred conjecture, opinion and accusation.

I don't know if it's also supposed to be Trump's fault that so much of the rest of the world was also not able to do what you think Trump was supposed to do, or if they all were also in your eyes just as negligent.

I don't have confidence that Trump can convince the CCP to play fair trade with us. I think he is right to try much of what he is doing in that respect. But I doubt China will voluntarily give up its one way advantage and become a fair trading partner with the rest of the world. If that were to happen, it would be the beginning of the end of the CCP. And I don't think the party members are willing to commit that suicide--possibly literally as well as figuratively. Same goes for North Korea.

But if there is any hope of such a change, it won't be enhanced by berating China for its malfeasance re this virus. Trump is trapping himself on that tightwire he has to walk while simultaneously negotiating and blaming. I don't expect you to accede to nor understand that.

But, if anything is effective in changing our economic relation with China, the tariffs would be so. It is about the only way, other than outright war, to reverse what China economically has done to the U.S.

And if anything is effective in stopping China from doing what it has done with this virus, it would be the world "community" putting the blame for the spread of it on the country that most effectively could have stopped it at its doorstep.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #72
wdmso

Quote:
'Trump has done zero to make us better #^&#^&#^&#^&

He kept us safe, thats his Job he got unemployment to the lowest it's been in 50 years, Had nothing to do with anything he did but please feel free to fill in the blanks and the lowest ever for minorities. How is that not making anyone better off? Again, you cannot accept or process, that which doesn't fit your agenda.

"but past accomplishments real or not are irrelevant"

So because a pandemic hit that no one saw coming, his past accomplishments are wiped clean? And since when did you ever acknowledge any of his past accomplishments? like i said actual or perceived accomplishments

Gibberish.

Let's see where the economy is in 6 months. Lets and lets hope its bounces back

Did you rip up your stimulus check? Does that check make you better off than before you cashed it? Yes or no?
Nope still waiting on my check not that 1200 is going to change my life it will go right back at Tax time to the Government .. for the huge tax break i ve been told we all got...

Just because Trump keeps telling you all these things are because of him . you might try actually looking into it
Old 04-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #73
wdmso

President Donald Trump has appeared to endorse protests against stringent lockdown measures in several states.

In a series of tweets, he said: "LIBERATE MINNESOTA", "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" and then "LIBERATE VIRGINIA".

again lets start hearing the excuses......of what americans he cares about
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump-Tweet-Storm-.png
Views:	395
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	67067  

Last edited by wdmso; 04-17-2020 at 02:26 PM..
Old 04-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #74
scottw

Quote:

President Donald Trump has appeared to ....

Old 04-17-2020, 02:27 PM   #75
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
tweets aren't good enough
Old 04-17-2020, 02:39 PM   #76
scottw

Quote:
tweets aren't good enough
I hope trump says at the presser today, when questioned about the WHO..

"If the director is not fired, they're not getting the money"
Old 04-17-2020, 03:26 PM   #77
wdmso

The states Mr Trump referenced in Friday's tweets are all led by Democrats. Ohio and Utah, which he did not mention, have Republican governors.

Who also have some kind of stay at home orders ... what a surprise Trump doing what he does best creating 2 Americas us and Them its disgusting
Old 04-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nope still waiting on my check not that 1200 is going to change my life it will go right back at Tax time to the Government .. for the huge tax break i ve been told we all got...

Just because Trump keeps telling you all these things are because of him . you might try actually looking into it
"He kept us safe, thats his Job '

Let's recap...

WDMSO: Trump didn't do anything to make us better off.

Jim: He kept us safe.

WDMSO: that's his job.

Earth to Wayne, yes that is an important part of his job. And he did that one part well. There are things that he stinks at, but he did that well. You just can't bring yourself to say it. Everything he does, is "doing his job".

"he got unemployment to the lowest it's been in 50 years, Had nothing to do with anything he did"

He lowered the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%. What that means is, investments in growth that might not have been feasible at a corporate tax rate of 35%, suddenly are a great investment at 21%. Income tax is the "cost" of income. And as I'd assume you already know given your knowledge of macroeconomics, when the cost of something goes down, the demand for that something - no matter what it is - goes up. In this case, the demand for income went up, and one way to achieve more income is to grow and expand, and that requires labor. Which means more jobs. Which lowers unemployment.

He also eliminated regulations, which makes incentivizes growth. He also incentivized businesses to return, I think, about $2 trillion in profits that had been stored offshore.

All of that helped lead to record stock market performance. Which despite what you likely think, helps everyone, especially public sector workers whose pensions need to grow tremendously to have any chance of funding promised benefits.

Go ahead and tell me where that was wrong.

"actual or perceived accomplishments"

SO when unemployment went down and the stock market went up under Obama, were you this reluctant to give him credit? I give Obama good marks for getting us out of the recession.

I'd be very interested to hear you explain why you give Obama credit for helping the economy, but not Trump. I'm all ears.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:20 PM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
President Donald Trump has appeared to endorse protests against stringent lockdown measures in several states.

In a series of tweets, he said: "LIBERATE MINNESOTA", "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" and then "LIBERATE VIRGINIA".

From what I’ve seen of the protests Darwin is clearly on Biden’s side.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #80
wdmso

Quote:
"He kept us safe, thats his Job '

Let's recap...

WDMSO: Trump didn't do anything to make us better off.

Jim: He kept us safe.

WDMSO: that's his job.

Earth to Wayne, yes that is an important part of his job. And he did that one part well. There are things that he stinks at, but he did that well. You just can't bring yourself to say it. Everything he does, is "doing his job".

"he got unemployment to the lowest it's been in 50 years, Had nothing to do with anything he did"

He lowered the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%. What that means is, investments in growth that might not have been feasible at a corporate tax rate of 35%, suddenly are a great investment at 21%. Income tax is the "cost" of income. And as I'd assume you already know given your knowledge of macroeconomics, when the cost of something goes down, the demand for that something - no matter what it is - goes up. In this case, the demand for income went up, and one way to achieve more income is to grow and expand, and that requires labor. Which means more jobs. Which lowers unemployment.

He also eliminated regulations, which makes incentivizes growth. He also incentivized businesses to return, I think, about $2 trillion in profits that had been stored offshore.

All of that helped lead to record stock market performance. Which despite what you likely think, helps everyone, especially public sector workers whose pensions need to grow tremendously to have any chance of funding promised benefits.

Go ahead and tell me where that was wrong.

"actual or perceived accomplishments"

SO when unemployment went down and the stock market went up under Obama, were you this reluctant to give him credit? I give Obama good marks for getting us out of the recession.

I'd be very interested to hear you explain why you give Obama credit for helping the economy, but not Trump. I'm all ears.
So if you jump on a car that's already doing 50mph and you hit 90 mph. How to you take credit for getting the car to do 90. ,,, I can see taking credit for the extra 40.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
So if you jump on a car that's already doing 50mph and you hit 90 mph. How to you take credit for getting the car to do 90. ,,, I can see taking credit for the extra 40.
He didn't just jump on the Obama bandwagon, he did some very bold, very different things. Cutting the corporate tax rate to 21% had no impact on growth, that's what you're saying? The income tax cuts that 60% of Americans received, that didn't stimulate anything?

Again, Obama and Trump each helped the economy, but took very different approaches. You can't bring yourself to say it. Maybe stick to your day job, economics isn't your cup of tea.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #82
Jim in CT

WDMSO, if Trump said "the sky is blue", you would say "the hell it is!" That's how deranged you are.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...umps-economy-/
Old 04-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #83
spence

Quote:

Isn’t this illegal?
Old 04-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #84
Sea Dangles

Ask the Palestinian people.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't know what the IC told him. I don't know what the IC of the rest of the world told their governments.
We have the most comprehensive and complete IC community in the world, the WHO has none. We also failed to appoint our representative to the WHO and now Trump* wants to blame them for failing to tell us what they did tell us when they knew and when they knew even though they did.

China loosed this pandemic on the rest of the world and there is no way that the CCP didn't know that is exactly what they were doing.
That is conjecture on your part, just because Pompeo and Trump are pushing that theory doesn't make it true.

You can go on and on with your notion that it's Trump's fault that it was not stopped at our doorstep, or not stopped soon enough, and posting your selected timelines, but that is all, as usual, a compilation of factoids meant to inspire your preferred conjecture, opinion and accusation.

All you need to do is look at Trump*s public statements and the warnings put forth both within and from outside his administration and you can see what he failed to do.

National Security is his F'n Job and if you want to claim it is not then just what rationale do you use for his declaration of an emergency to build a wall.

What is Trump*s fault is delaying action, downplaying the danger, and not following the procedure that previous presidents both R and D for multiple administrations had set up to make sure that the responsibilities in case of a pandemic had already been assigned and we would have the best chance to control it.
"Nobody knew" is Bull.... all the records and documents exist.

I don't know if it's also supposed to be Trump's fault that so much of the rest of the world was also not able to do what you think Trump was supposed to do, or if they all were also in your eyes just as negligent.

Pretty obvious if you look at transaction records that governments of developed governments throughout the world were buying up PPE starting in January. What was the Trump* maladministration doing? Rallies and Golf

I don't have confidence that Trump can convince the CCP to play fair trade with us. I think he is right to try much of what he is doing in that respect. But I doubt China will voluntarily give up its one way advantage and become a fair trading partner with the rest of the world. If that were to happen, it would be the beginning of the end of the CCP. And I don't think the party members are willing to commit that suicide--possibly literally as well as figuratively. Same goes for North Korea.

But if there is any hope of such a change, it won't be enhanced by berating China for its malfeasance re this virus. Trump is trapping himself on that tightwire he has to walk while simultaneously negotiating and blaming. I don't expect you to accede to nor understand that.

But, if anything is effective in changing our economic relation with China, the tariffs would be so. It is about the only way, other than outright war, to reverse what China economically has done to the U.S.

And if anything is effective in stopping China from doing what it has done with this virus, it would be the world "community" putting the blame for the spread of it on the country that most effectively could have stopped it at its doorstep.
What Trump* has done for foreign relations is at a minimum hurt our alliances, let China, Russia and other totalitarian governments gain ground with countries around the world and failed to control anything that he claims to have wanted to.
There are reasons our enemies and allies laugh at him and call him out as the whining baby that he is.
You really think that the countries who have had their administrations bullied and denigrated by Trump and received help from China are going to join him in attacking China?
He may have recognized that there are things that should change in our relationship with the rest of the world but is clueless on how to accomplish that within the framework of the Constitution. If he had put together a competent team he may have had a chance, but all he has ever allowed is people who praise him, take blame for his failures or leave.
His administration is comprised of the largest compilation of incompetent buttkissers ever assembled in the WH.
We are not in a Reality TV series.

In the past month Trump has gone from "anyone who wants a test can have one" to "The States have to step up their TESTING!"
What a Leader, perhaps the Governors should also just pick up their toys and say it's the Mayor's problem, I'm not going to play anymore.
He's done his typical bankruptcy game, that he has done many times before but this time instead of creditors and contractors he has left the American people holding the bag for his failure as a leader.
Now he has a cute Powerpoint by Jared with no defined plan on how the economy is going to come back to life. No testing, it's not his problem. No tracking or control, it's not his problem. Good luck Governors, I'm done.
He'll go back to building his wall for $5000+ a linear foot because those Central Americans will bankrupt us.

Last edited by Pete F.; 04-17-2020 at 08:26 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-17-2020, 10:18 PM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
We have the most comprehensive and complete IC community in the world, the WHO has none. We also failed to appoint our representative to the WHO and now Trump* wants to blame them for failing to tell us what they did tell us when they knew and when they knew even though they did.

What did IC tell Trump? Has there been any of those famous selective leaks that we should know about? Are you denying that WHO did not downplay the virus early on and that China had no influence on that downplaying?

(China loosed this pandemic on the rest of the world and there is no way that the CCP didn't know that is exactly what they were doing.)
That is conjecture on your part, just because Pompeo and Trump are pushing that theory doesn't make it true.

Are you saying that the CCP did not immediately on confirming the danger of the virus shut down travel within China from or to Wuhon? And are you denying that, at the same time, it allowed travel from out of Wuhon to the rest of the world?

All you need to do is look at Trump*s public statements and the warnings put forth both within and from outside his administration and you can see what he failed to do.

Fauci said that Trump agreed to the medical team's requests every time they asked.

What is Trump*s fault is delaying action, downplaying the danger,

He parroted the downplaying that was mouthed by his medical expert team, as well as the media and Democrat pols at the time.

and not following the procedure that previous presidents both R and D for multiple administrations had set up to make sure that the responsibilities in case of a pandemic had already been assigned and we would have the best chance to control it.

What procedures did he not follow?

Pretty obvious if you look at transaction records that governments of developed governments throughout the world were buying up PPE starting in January. What was the Trump* maladministration doing? Rallies and Golf

Really"? Just rallies and golf?

What Trump* has done for foreign relations is at a minimum hurt our alliances, let China, Russia and other totalitarian governments gain ground with countries around the world and failed to control anything that he claims to have wanted to.
There are reasons our enemies and allies laugh at him and call him out as the whining baby that he is.
You really think that the countries who have had their administrations bullied and denigrated by Trump and received help from China are going to join him in attacking China?
He may have recognized that there are things that should change in our relationship with the rest of the world but is clueless on how to accomplish that within the framework of the Constitution. If he had put together a competent team he may have had a chance, but all he has ever allowed is people who praise him, take blame for his failures or leave.
His administration is comprised of the largest compilation of incompetent buttkissers ever assembled in the WH.
We are not in a Reality TV series.

Quite a rant. Up to your usual standards.

In the past month Trump has gone from "anyone who wants a test can have one" to "The States have to step up their TESTING!"
What a Leader, perhaps the Governors should also just pick up their toys and say it's the Mayor's problem, I'm not going to play anymore.
He's done his typical bankruptcy game, that he has done many times before but this time instead of creditors and contractors he has left the American people holding the bag for his failure as a leader.
Now he has a cute Powerpoint by Jared with no defined plan on how the economy is going to come back to life. No testing, it's not his problem. No tracking or control, it's not his problem. Good luck Governors, I'm done.
He'll go back to building his wall for $5000+ a linear foot because those Central Americans will bankrupt us.
More of the same.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:28 PM   #87
Sea Dangles

Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Old 04-18-2020, 06:33 AM   #88
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Right. Clear as day. Keep up the good work
Old 04-18-2020, 07:50 AM   #89
wdmso

Quote:
WDMSO, if Trump said "the sky is blue", you would say "the hell it is!" That's how deranged you are.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...umps-economy-/
Wow a rich black guy is your metric of Trumps genius
Old 04-18-2020, 08:05 AM   #90
wdmso

Quote:
He didn't just jump on the Obama bandwagon, he did some very bold, very different things. Cutting the corporate tax rate to 21% had no impact on growth, that's what you're saying? The income tax cuts that 60% of Americans received, that didn't stimulate anything?

Again, Obama and Trump each helped the economy, but took very different approaches. You can't bring yourself to say it. Maybe stick to your day job, economics isn't your cup of tea.
Yes jim he gave a huge tax break and they used it for stock buy backs

You 60% tax cut did nothing for avg Americans but you insist it has happen based on omg. anecdotal evidence. Deregulation

a new report from Goldman Sachs splashes some cold water on the deregulatory impulse,
Overall, our results suggest that non-financial deregulation has had a limited impact on the economy .. no really

Trump was handed a car running on all cylinders yes he put some better gas in the tank ,,, he keeps paying shut up money to farmers just gave them another 19 billion..

Not sure why the Trump faithful believe him 100% a 100% of the time

It’s Easier to Fool People Than to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled’?

What a truthful statement