Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Let's recap.

When Trump restricted travel from China, liberals said he went way too far. Yet at the same time, he didn't go far enough.

When Trump said he had "total control" of what states do, liberals said that was crazy, that the governors have that authority, not Trump. But at the same time, they are saying that all of this is on Trump's shoulders, it's all his fault, not the fault of the governors.

Trump (and others) are now saying the WHO blew it, by not sounding the alarm when China obviously had a catastrophe on its hands. Not so, say the liberals who can't accept even a remote possibility of anyone looking bad who isn't Trump. WDMSO says the WHO was OK when they said in late January that it didn't spread easily from human to human.

Yet somehow, Trump was supposed to know better than the WHO and enact lockdowns, even though (1) the travel restrictions were too much for liberals, and (2) liberals concede he can't tell states what to do.

When you simultaneously say he did too much and yet didn't do nearly enough...and when you simultaneously say its all his fault yet he can't tell states what to do...it's time to ask some questions.

And he's also wrong for saying we don't need the WHO, even though they said in late January that it couldn't be spread easily from human to human.

TDS, in all its glory.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
But they didn't say that.
This gets really, really old...

I said that the WHO claimed on January 20th, that t wasn't spread easily from human to human. I re-posted a quote from WDMSO, where the WHO said there was no evidence of easy transmission from human to human.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:38 PM   #33
wdmso

Now it came from a chinese lab foxes show The 5 pushing it as truth

U.S. intel community examining whether coronavirus emerged accidentally from a Chinese lab

US military chief: ‘Weight of evidence’ that Covid-19 did not originate in a lab

WOW. you cant make this Stuff up , whats next or who is next ... ? everything out of this administration is some one elses fault... they're the boy who cried wolf .
and the day the wolf is legit none will believe it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 04-16-2020 at 05:47 PM..
Old 04-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Let's recap.

When Trump restricted travel from China, liberals said he went way too far. Yet at the same time, he didn't go far enough.

When Trump said he had "total control" of what states do, liberals said that was crazy, that the governors have that authority, not Trump. But at the same time, they are saying that all of this is on Trump's shoulders, it's all his fault, not the fault of the governors.

Trump (and others) are now saying the WHO blew it, by not sounding the alarm when China obviously had a catastrophe on its hands. Not so, say the liberals who can't accept even a remote possibility of anyone looking bad who isn't Trump. WDMSO says the WHO was OK when they said in late January that it didn't spread easily from human to human.

Yet somehow, Trump was supposed to know better than the WHO and enact lockdowns, even though (1) the travel restrictions were too much for liberals, and (2) liberals concede he can't tell states what to do.

When you simultaneously say he did too much and yet didn't do nearly enough...and when you simultaneously say its all his fault yet he can't tell states what to do...it's time to ask some questions.

And he's also wrong for saying we don't need the WHO, even though they said in late January that it couldn't be spread easily from human to human.

TDS, in all its glory.
you fit right in his cult its eveyones elses fault
You've been on that kick since he got elected... you throw TDS around like its all make belive and Trumps the victim....

Its call denial . You've been played by a con man .. its a classic response of their victims .
Old 04-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you fit right in his cult its eveyones elses fault
Not even close to what I said. I said it's fair to criticize him for the things he did wrong.

But you can't criticize anyone who isn't him. You just can't. Nothing bad that happens, can be anyone else's fault.

How long can you go, without lying about my stance? You can't admit the truth (I blame Trump when he deserves it,, I give him credit when he deserves it), because you cannot accept anything other than Trump=bad. I give him criticism and praise, because like everyone else on the planet, sometimes he deserves praise, sometimes he deserves criticism.

You're so enslaved by this, you can't even criticize someone else. In your mind, you equate criticizing someone else, with letting Trump off the hook. For some reason, the thought that both Trump AND someone else messed up, is beyond your grasp.

Try making that wrong. Read your posts, and tell me I'm wrong.

As to the labs...how many labs are there that study coronaviruses? Not many. But there's one in Wuhan, very close to where China says this originated. That's a coincidence? Maybe.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-16-2020 at 05:58 PM..
Old 04-16-2020, 07:37 PM   #36
spence

Quote:
This gets really, really old...

I said that the WHO claimed on January 20th, that t wasn't spread easily from human to human. I re-posted a quote from WDMSO, where the WHO said there was no evidence of easy transmission from human to human.
You’re playing around with your adjectives. Be consistent with the WHO’s actual statements. There is typically scientific process behind them.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:49 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

The WHO never said there’s no evidence
They said they would expect that there is
Only an illiterate person could gleam that it was not transmissible human to human from their briefings
That person is Trump*
Old 04-16-2020, 07:58 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You’re playing around with your adjectives. Be consistent with the WHO’s actual statements. There is typically scientific process behind them.
Based on whet WDMSO posted, there's no way of knowing if science was behind what they said. What's clear, is that they said there was no reason to believe that it spread easily from human to human.

But Trump was supposed to know better and order a lockdown, even though (1) your side said the travel restrictions were going too far, and (2) the WHO said it wasn't spread easily from human to human, and (3) your side is saying he lacks authority to order states to do anything.

So I'll ask you the obvious question...which is it? Back then, in January, what should he have done? And who was telling him to do so? Not his experts, not the WHO, not the media, sure as hell not Bill Diblasio or Nancy Pelosi who were saying until late February that it was safe to go out in crowded public places.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:55 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

His administration should have simply followed the playbook.
All the steps are there.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...c-Playbook.pdf
Old 04-17-2020, 03:59 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Only an illiterate person could gleam that

never disappointing

gleaming literacy
Old 04-17-2020, 04:54 AM   #41
scottw

this is classic.....

New Jersey governor Phil Murphy said he “wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights” while implementing social-distancing measures — writing off any constitutional considerations as being “above his pay grade.”

Murphy made the comments during a Fox News interview with Tucker Carlson on Wednesday night, in response to Carlson questioning the constitutionality of his executive order. “That’s above my pay grade, Tucker,” Murphy responded. “I wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights when we did this. . . . We went to the scientists who said people have to stay away from each other.”

and

A group of sheriffs announced they will not enforce some of Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's executive orders on the same day thousands rallied against state-mandated shelter-in-place orders outside the state Capitol in Lansing.

Sheriffs Mike Borkovich, Ted Schendel, Ken Falk, and Kim Cole of Michigan's 101st District released a press statement Wednesday afternoon detailing what they said was their decision to place their oath to the Constitution above Whitmer's wishes.

I heard she's on the list for biden veeps

Last edited by scottw; 04-17-2020 at 05:11 AM..
Old 04-17-2020, 06:58 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
never disappointing

gleaming literacy
Glad to see you’re following your playbook

Perhaps you could help Trump* with his spelling and grammar

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-17-2020, 07:25 AM   #43
scottw

Quote:

Glad to see you’re following your playbook

page 1 of the playbook....

"if you are going to attack someone as illiterate...try not to look like an illiterate fool"

Old 04-17-2020, 07:30 AM   #44
Sea Dangles

He may as well call somebody unintelligent next.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:34 AM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
Not even close to what I said. I said it's fair to criticize him for the things he did wrong.

But you can't criticize anyone who isn't him. You just can't. Nothing bad that happens, can be anyone else's fault.

How long can you go, without lying about my stance? You can't admit the truth (I blame Trump when he deserves it,, I give him credit when he deserves it), because you cannot accept anything other than Trump=bad. I give him criticism and praise, because like everyone else on the planet, sometimes he deserves praise, sometimes he deserves criticism.

You're so enslaved by this, you can't even criticize someone else. In your mind, you equate criticizing someone else, with letting Trump off the hook. For some reason, the thought that both Trump AND someone else messed up, is beyond your grasp.

Try making that wrong. Read your posts, and tell me I'm wrong.

As to the labs...how many labs are there that study coronaviruses? Not many. But there's one in Wuhan, very close to where China says this originated. That's a coincidence? Maybe.

China is not my President the WHO is not my CDC , lack of direct criticism of them( which has merit that most can separate what they didn't do and what we the USA didn't do)

Yet the only relevant criticisms you want to hear is about china and WHO , anything attempting to ease the case against Trump ( that's how I read your posts and responses )

I Criticize my President when he act in a manner that deserves criticism.... which I'll say it again it's not imaginary..and a direct response to his words and actions

You don't deserve praise for doing what your suppose to do... but Trump demands praise and accolades. 1st before he does his job that's a poor leader that a poor trait for anyone

I dont envy Trump but he thought being POTUS was easy ,, just un do anything With Obamas name on it , get praised go to a rally get cheered , play golf or spend more time in Fla than DC ... ( That's changed ) . Now it's real and his leadership is front and center.. and people are taking note ..
Old 04-17-2020, 07:34 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Sad

O great and wondrous One, master of the written and spoken word.
Perhaps you can explain this

Yesterday
Trump says he's angry he wasn't told there was an epidemic: "And I was angry, because this should have been told to us. It should have been told to us early. It should have been told to us a lot sooner. People knew it was happening and people didn't want to talk about it."

“I've always known this is a real, this is a pandemic. I've felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
—@realDonaldTrump,
March 17, 2020
Old 04-17-2020, 07:45 AM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
Sad

O great and wondrous One, master of the written and spoken word.
Perhaps you can explain this

Yesterday
Trump says he's angry he wasn't told there was an epidemic: "And I was angry, because this should have been told to us. It should have been told to us early. It should have been told to us a lot sooner. People knew it was happening and people didn't want to talk about it."

“I've always known this is a real, this is a pandemic. I've felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
—@realDonaldTrump,
March 17, 2020
when spelling mistakes. Are a bigger issue than the facts presented in the same sentence...:its just
faga:
Old 04-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
China is not my President the WHO is not my CDC , lack of direct criticism of them( which has merit that most can separate what they didn't do and what we the USA didn't do)

Yet the only relevant criticisms you want to hear is about china and WHO , anything attempting to ease the case against Trump ( that's how I read your posts and responses )

I Criticize my President when he act in a manner that deserves criticism.... which I'll say it again it's not imaginary..and a direct response to his words and actions

You don't deserve praise for doing what your suppose to do... but Trump demands praise and accolades. 1st before he does his job that's a poor leader that a poor trait for anyone

I dont envy Trump but he thought being POTUS was easy ,, just un do anything With Obamas name on it , get praised go to a rally get cheered , play golf or spend more time in Fla than DC ... ( That's changed ) . Now it's real and his leadership is front and center.. and people are taking note ..
"the WHO is not my CDC '

So if you don't think we're supposed to be giving consideration to recommendations from the WHO, why do they exist? Why should we give them money, if you're saying they have zero influence in our public health decisions?

"Yet the only relevant criticisms you want to hear is about china and WHO '

Every single time you characterize my positions, you lie. Every single time. I have criticized Trumps handling of this many, many times. He doesn't let the experts talk, he's attacking the press which does zero good, and he was obviously wrong when he downplayed things early on.

Where you and I disagree, is on this point - it's also fair to say that many others, including those whose opinions we rely on, were similarly wrong. I can admit that. You cannot. You are physically incapable of saying anyone else was wrong, and for damned sure you would never say that Trump was wrong because he listened to "experts" who were wrong.

Fauci said early on it was no big deal, as did the WHO. SO Trump is supposed to ignore them, because he's supposed to have a crystal ball?

Bill Diblasio said in late February that it was safe to live normally. And if he was the nominee, you'd refuse to criticize that statement. You can only criticize Trump.

You constantly lie about my positions, because you can't debate me honestly, because I have facts and common sense on my side. There's no other to mischaracterize my positions every single time. You don't know how to respond to accuracy, honesty, and fairness, because in the era of Trump, it doesn't exist on your side.

So you act like I said something that I never came close to saying.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:04 AM   #49
scottw

Quote:
when spelling mistakes. Are a bigger issue than the facts presented in the same sentence...:its just
faga:
nope...just amusing...particularly in the context of arrogantly lecturing others and questioning their intelligence...it's practically an art form here

Last edited by scottw; 04-17-2020 at 08:13 AM..
Old 04-17-2020, 08:15 AM   #50
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He may as well call somebody unintelligent next.
but sometimes people are, and uneducated - as they demonstrate every day.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:18 AM   #51
Sea Dangles

Some people simply go out of their way to get laughed at. If you can’t get your point across in an intelligent manner, please enjoy the banter. And don’t take it personally!
Old 04-17-2020, 08:19 AM   #52
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
but sometimes people are, and uneducated - as they demonstrate every day.
More irony
🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-17-2020, 08:26 AM   #53
PaulS

Quote:
More irony
��
we see that every day here (and unintelligence).
Old 04-17-2020, 08:35 AM   #54
Sea Dangles

It gets vial sometimes
🤡
Old 04-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Of course, the Chinese Communist Party & WHO should have been providing us with better information more quickly about Covid-19. I also wonder what our Intelligence Community was reporting. Since when did we start relying on communists to tell us the truth to defend our security?
Old 04-17-2020, 08:42 AM   #56
PaulS

Quote:
It gets vial sometimes
��
Sometimes and sometimes people use it to try to determine what nepotism means bc they aren't intelligent enough to know what the word means. They must have skipped that day in HS.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:43 AM   #57
PaulS

Quote:
Of course, the Chinese Communist Party & WHO should have been providing us with better information more quickly about Covid-19. I also wonder what our Intelligence Community was reporting. Since when did we start relying on communists to tell us the truth to defend our security?
Don't forget Bill Gates. He has the antidote but hasn't started selling it yet.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #58
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Sometimes and sometimes people use it to try to determine what nepotism means bc they aren't intelligent enough to know what the word means. They must have skipped that day in HS.
It must be a magical miracle.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #59
PaulS

Quote:
It must be a magical miracle.
Just hope he isn't as petty as some of the dotards I know.

Amazing our Pres. thought it would just disappear that easily. But I guess some people are so stupid, they would believe anything.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:18 AM   #60
wdmso

Quote:
"the WHO is not my CDC '

So if you don't think we're supposed to be giving consideration to recommendations from the WHO, why do they exist? Why should we give them money, if you're saying they have zero influence in our public health decisions?

"Yet the only relevant criticisms you want to hear is about china and WHO '

Every single time you characterize my positions, you lie. Every single time. I have criticized Trumps handling of this many, many times. He doesn't let the experts talk, he's attacking the press which does zero good, and he was obviously wrong when he downplayed things early on.

Where you and I disagree, is on this point - it's also fair to say that many others, including those whose opinions we rely on, were similarly wrong. I can admit that. You cannot. You are physically incapable of saying anyone else was wrong, and for damned sure you would never say that Trump was wrong because he listened to "experts" who were wrong.

Fauci said early on it was no big deal, as did the WHO. SO Trump is supposed to ignore them, because he's supposed to have a crystal ball?

Bill Diblasio said in late February that it was safe to live normally. And if he was the nominee, you'd refuse to criticize that statement. You can only criticize Trump.

You constantly lie about my positions, because you can't debate me honestly, because I have facts and common sense on my side. There's no other to mischaracterize my positions every single time. You don't know how to respond to accuracy, honesty, and fairness, because in the era of Trump, it doesn't exist on your side.

So you act like I said something that I never came close to saying.
assuming people were wrong when presenting facts as they.knew them . And they changed their positions based on new information.. again dosnt get him off the hook..Trump avoided it until he couldn't avoid it ..

Thats wasnt caused by wrong info. That was his choice

And fairness TRUMP doesn't have any room for you to demand fairness. Do you think he is operating based on fairness .

Jim your facts are fashioned to 99% blame everyone else but Trump sprinkled with 1% criticism, to say see iam not a Fan

I have 100% disdain for him and see him as a dark stain on the History of the united states ..

TRUMPS saying at his library A Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we teach you that there's more to life than being really, really ridiculously good-looking. Words can only hurt you if you try to read them.