Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-28-2023, 04:39 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Haven’t you noticed the people callously saying someone “should’ve just complied” are the same ones SCREAMING “DO NOT COMPLY” when it comes to vaccines?!

DO NOT COMPLY when it comes to election results they don’t like?!

Poor victims
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-28-2023, 06:12 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Haven’t you noticed the people callously saying someone “should’ve just complied” are the same ones SCREAMING “DO NOT COMPLY” when it comes to vaccines?!

DO NOT COMPLY when it comes to election results they don’t like?!

Poor victims
After watching all the video available, I can’t blame that guy from running. These cops are going to do time.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:12 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
After watching all the video available, I can’t blame that guy from running. These cops are going to do time.
The police have been given status in the nation in the last 20 years police have always been respected but it seems our conservatives want them to worshiped to be beyond scrutiny.. the same thing has happened to our military from baby killers to people whom were convicted as war criminals pardoned and adopted as a hero by the Right .

The police dress and are equipped as if they were in Iraq . Not with out some justification seeing the Right allows all manner of weapons to be available to be used against them..

But I’ve said this before in Iraq I could not shoot and kill any Iraqi because I thought or I feared for my safety . Or simply because they ran
But if the pointed or fired a weapon it was game on.

But in my own country the police have the power and the mindset that allows them to kill unarmed persons . Because they feared for their life. I get it it’s a dangerous job but I would expect they understood that

But my same principle applies to police if someone points a gun or fires at you or come at you with a blade then it’s game on .

But in today’s polarized landscape
Any police criticism or accountability is considered left wing radicalism

Police training needs 24hrs of mandatory training focused on You Are not above the law.. and here’s why
Old 01-29-2023, 10:34 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The police have been given status in the nation in the last 20 years police have always been respected but it seems our conservatives want them to worshiped to be beyond scrutiny.. the same thing has happened to our military from baby killers to people whom were convicted as war criminals pardoned and adopted as a hero by the Right .

The police dress and are equipped as if they were in Iraq . Not with out some justification seeing the Right allows all manner of weapons to be available to be used against them..

But I’ve said this before in Iraq I could not shoot and kill any Iraqi because I thought or I feared for my safety . Or simply because they ran
But if the pointed or fired a weapon it was game on.

But in my own country the police have the power and the mindset that allows them to kill unarmed persons . Because they feared for their life. I get it it’s a dangerous job but I would expect they understood that

But my same principle applies to police if someone points a gun or fires at you or come at you with a blade then it’s game on .

But in today’s polarized landscape
Any police criticism or accountability is considered left wing radicalism

Police training needs 24hrs of mandatory training focused on You Are not above the law.. and here’s why
l

lies

police aren’t to be worshipped, everyone in the right calls for training and rooting out the bad apples

what you’re oblivious to as always, is that it’s your side peddling in politically convenient horsesh*t, they they’re all racist and all bad and engaged in a plot to commit genocide against blacks, despite the data being crystal clear that’s not the case. That they need to be defunded.

There are hundreds of thousands of cops. there are some really bad ones who need to be rooted out. most are trying to do a difficult, dangerous, and vital job.

why anyone would ever do it, given what they can expect from the left, is beyond me. Look no further than the history of current liberal kingpin al sharpton.

accurate police criticism is fine. suggesting that they are systemically racist, is typical liberal crap. in most urban areas, the police is the one single urban institution that works the way it’s supposed to.

it’s all a diversion, a distraction, a smokescreen.anything to avoid an honest conversation about what’s going on in the cities

wayne, you’re a prison guard, and you said the most hateful peoppe you e ever
met are the ones who go to church. worse than the prisoners yiu guard.

you’re not to be taken seriously here. .

here’s the deal. We need most cops to be where most violent crime happens. That’s poor urban areas. because that’s where most cops are, and where most violence takes place, it’s where most tragedies will inevitably occur. it’s not about race, it’s about socioeconomics.

to the left, all they want to talk about is race, because even they know they look stupid talking about anything else.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-29-2023 at 10:44 AM..
Old 01-29-2023, 11:07 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
l

lies

police aren’t to be worshipped, everyone in the right calls for training and rooting out the bad apples

if that was so the would have voted for the george floyd justice in policing act. but it was killed by republicans over Qualified immunity which is has been abused and now is a get out jail free card for some and the name of the Bill didn't help

what you’re oblivious to as always, is that it’s your side peddling in politically convenient horsesh*t, they they’re all racist and all bad and engaged in a plot to commit genocide against blacks, despite the data being crystal clear that’s not the case. what's that saying perception is reality and to many black its their reality followed That they need to be defunded.

There are hundreds of thousands of cops. there are some really bad ones who need to be rooted out. most are trying to do a difficult, dangerous, and vital job. Its police culture Jim... not individuals learn the difference please

why anyone would ever do it, given what they can expect from the left,So no police are liberals ? Got it is beyond me. Look no further than the history of current liberal kingpin al sharpton. Oh Al sharpton again please get a new scapegoat

accurate police criticism is fine. suggesting that they are systemically racist, the people who live it would disagree is typical liberal crap. in most urban areas, the police is the one single urban institution that works the way it’s supposed to.

it’s all a diversion, a distraction, a smokescreen. for what purpose Jim? and from what

Why is the truth always seen as lies by conservatives ?

30 year in corrections aka Law enforcement .. even inside prisons we deal with the same issues do you think violent criminals stop being violent after they go to Jail ? .. we have cameras everywhere but maybe were trained differently... but we still have a culture to overcome . And staff who stepped outside the line sure they get removed . but the image still sticks to the good people who are left to carry on
Old 01-29-2023, 11:44 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Why is the truth always seen as lies by conservatives ?

30 year in corrections aka Law enforcement .. even inside prisons we deal with the same issues do you think violent criminals stop being violent after they go to Jail ? .. we have cameras everywhere but maybe were trained differently... but we still have a culture to overcome . And staff who stepped outside the line sure they get removed . but the image still sticks to the good people who are left to carry on
so everyone who voted against a bill you liked, is in favor of police brutality.

As always, zero facts, zero honesty, zero common sense. just more “conservatives are all evil, and all the world’s evil exists on the right” simpleton nonsense.

you think something is true because it comes from the left.. that’s not evidence of anything.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:31 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so everyone who voted against a bill you liked, is in favor of police brutality.

As always, zero facts, zero honesty, zero common sense. just more “conservatives are all evil, and all the world’s evil exists on the right” simpleton nonsense.

you think something is true because it comes from the left.. that’s not evidence of anything.

well if you try to pass bills that Republicans introduced that would encourage — not force — police departments to end the use of violent tactics like chokeholds and no-knock raids. that sounds about right .

Even in my prison we couldn't use choke holds for decades

WOW Jim do ever do any research.

The House passed the George Floyd Justice In Policing Act on Wednesday night with just one Republican vote. And that one Republican now says it was an accident.