Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-08-2022, 03:04 AM   #1
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The worlds had enough of the unvaccinated
Greece plans to fine elderly citizens who don’t get a shot

France to tighten rules for unvaccinated people 'putting country at risk'

Germany puts major restrictions on unvaccinated

the world is getting tough on unvaccinated people: Singapore gives them the bill, New Zealand says ‘no jab, no job’ and the US says ‘please’
maybe just exterminate them and be done with these deplorables....

hey wayne...who is worse?...someone who is unvaccinated and has never gotten covid(I know some) or someone who is double vaccinated and boostered and has gotten covid twice now?...I know some of them too

it's always good when Germany starts treating a segment of their population harshly...I heard Italy is too...

Last edited by scottw; 01-08-2022 at 03:13 AM..
Old 01-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
maybe just exterminate them and be done with these deplorables....

hey wayne...who is worse?...someone who is unvaccinated and has never gotten covid(I know some) or someone who is double vaccinated and boostered and has gotten covid twice now?...I know some of them too

it's always good when Germany starts treating a segment of their population harshly...I heard Italy is too...
It’s a sad day when the goal is to keep Americans out of the Hospitals so Americans with other issues are not left on the sidewalk waiting for a bed

But people on the right and other anti vax people seem to not care who’s on the sidewalk ! And twist this vaccine as a form of control or an attack on their freedom.

The word freedom is now attached to any argument or topic from conservatives they agree or disagree with .

We are lucky today’s GOP and it’s supporters were not around during WW 1 or WW 2. Food, gas and clothing were rationed. Communities conducted scrap metal drives. They would be crying about their freedoms as individuals. but they would have been on board. With Japanese Americans having their rights as citizens stripped from them that much is certain

It’s funny the entire world sees being unvaccinated for what it is. A problem to society. regardless of right wing media is saying they the vaccines are doing just what they were designed to keep people out of the hospital …

someone should ask rand Paul what happened to natural immunity?

Op-Ed: Rand Paul: the ophthalmologist "The science proves people with natural immunity should skip COVID vaccines"

That’s the unvaccinated source of info people like rand or the usual YouTube tictok or FB or Twitter full of info and empty on experience and credentials

I know a family of 4 2had Covid 1st time around and 2 did not all got the vaccine and now all 4 tested positive.. what changed the virus
Changed it became more transmissible than delta but we and the world got lucky it’s not as deadly
But conservatives and anti vax people across the globe are the same it’s about only about them .

But they cry foul when their inaction causes Governments to deny them access to people and places fine them or raise their insurance rates because they are a RISK or provide no coverage at all if the do get sick and hospitalized , and send them the. Bill .

Imagine if all these people refusing the vaccines in the United States were Muslim. Imagine the rights outrage

Last edited by wdmso; 01-08-2022 at 10:07 AM..
Old 01-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:

Imagine if all these people refusing the vaccines in the United States were Muslim. Imagine the rights outrage
^^^^digging pretty deep...

hey wayne...who is worse?...someone who is unvaccinated and has never gotten covid(I know some) or someone who is double vaccinated and boostered and has gotten covid twice now?

also....if an unvaccinated person gets covid from a vaccinated person...whose fault is it?
Old 01-08-2022, 12:35 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

hey wayne...who is worse?...someone who is unvaccinated and has never gotten covid(I know some) or someone who is double vaccinated and boostered and has gotten covid twice now?

also....if an unvaccinated person gets covid from a vaccinated person...whose fault is it?
WTF is your point?

75% of Americans are vaccinated and the majority of the hospitalized are unvaccinated.

As far as fault goes, if a person chooses not to get the free vaccine and ends up in the hospital, they should get the bill.

Just a little personal responsibility
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2022, 04:06 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:

I know some

Is that your argument. [I You know a needle in a haystack ]

So it’s all a lie vaccines don’t work

How luck are we that this latest highly contagious variant isn’t killing the vaccinated or hospitalizing them .. but the effects and outcomes are not so charitable..

Let me give you an example of an insurance clause I’ve dealt with let’s call it a mandate

In the service you are covered with life insurance up to 300k because let’s face it no private insurance company is going to cover someone who may die in combat at a reasonable premium
But if you drive a motorcycle you must have a hi visibility vest on while operating or wear a seatbelt. If you are killed in an accident with out these 2 requirements. They don’t pay the claim

And that’s were we are with the unvaccinated it’s their choice

And it’s the choice of insurance or employers governments and private companies to say no vaccine no services

Freedom isnt a one way street like conservatives would love us to believe
Old 01-08-2022, 04:23 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

How dare they say you must have life preservers on boats, some people have survived mishaps without them and people drown even with life preservers and lifeboats.🤷#^&♂️

In yesterday’s Supreme Court case, lawyers who have COVID and aren’t allowed in the Supreme Court building argued that other people should have to go to work with unvaccinated/untested people.

You need proof of vaccination and a negative PCR test and to wear a mask even to get into the court building. These are the rules to keep people working safely. The lawyers and justices seem content with their own working conditions.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:42 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

How dare they say you must have life preservers on boats

In yesterday’s Supreme Court case

You need proof of vaccination and a negative PCR test and to wear a mask even to get into the court building. what is the difference between a vaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask and an unvaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask?

These are the rules to keep people working safely. The lawyers and justices seem content with their own working conditions.

didn't say that...but they should probably make people wear three life preservers the entire time they are on a boat to be sure that they absolutely do not drown or take anyone down with them...

in yesterday's supreme court hearings we learned that Kagan and Breyer are idiots

it would make more sense to punish or get rid of the unhealthy vaccinated...they are going to continue to clog up the medical system and consume more than their weight in medical services despite covid....getting vaccinated just means they can continue their unhealthy lifestyle, they might be slightly less susceptible to covid or not, at least till the next variant, but they are still 100% susceptible to all of the other health threats they've made themselves targets for driving up medical and insurance cost for the rest of us...why do we put up with these people as a society?
Old 01-08-2022, 08:08 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

The difference is you can get into the Supreme Court, for the rest of the country I guess it doesn’t matter.

If you don’t care that there are medical facilities available in case of an accident, severe illness etc, of course don’t get vaccinated.
You have a 90% chance of not being hospitalized if you’re vaccinated.

If some find medicine so frightful, perhaps they’ll just stay home if they get Covid.

Full hospitals are a serious issue, in non pandemic times they don’t keep many beds empty. They are sized for the normal demand and most people don’t go for fun.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:12 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
If you don’t care that there are medical facilities available in case of an accident, severe illness etc, of course don’t get vaccinated.

If some find medicine so frightful, perhaps they’ll just stay home if they get Covid.

Full hospitals are a serious issue, in non pandemic times they don’t keep many beds empty. They are sized for the normal demand and most people don’t go for fun.

what is the difference between a vaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask and an unvaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask?
Old 01-08-2022, 09:04 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
what is the difference between a vaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask and an unvaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask?
The difference is you can get into the Supreme Court, for the rest of the country I guess it doesn’t matter.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2022, 09:12 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
nice dodge....sort of
Old 01-08-2022, 08:13 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

I think you have an even higher chance of not being hospitalized if you are healthy...
Old 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Florida Republican Ron DeSantis allowed a state stockpile of more than 1 million rapid coronavirus tests to expire.
Because if you don’t test…….

And Governor Ron DeSantis announced, Friday, the state has 15,000 more doses of monoclonal antibody drug, Regeneron. However, medical experts say it does not work against the omicron variant.

"None of the three monoclonals that are in the Regeneron cocktail show any activity whatsoever against the omicron variant," Dr. Thomas Unnasch, a distinguished health professor at The University of South Florida, said. "Zero activity.”

Unnasch cites four studies published in December that show Regeneron has no effectiveness in preventing an omicron infection. Eli Lilly, the company that created the treatment, admitted the same after its own tests of Regeneron.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:05 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:

And Governor Ron DeSantis announced, Friday, the state has 15,000 more doses of monoclonal antibody drug, Regeneron. However, medical experts say it does not work against the omicron variant.

"None of the three monoclonals that are in the Regeneron cocktail show any activity whatsoever against the omicron variant," Dr. Thomas Unnasch, a distinguished health professor at The University of South Florida, said. "Zero activity.”

Unnasch cites four studies published in December that show Regeneron has no effectiveness in preventing an omicron infection. Eli Lilly, the company that created the treatment, admitted the same after its own tests of Regeneron.

you know there is still some Delta in Florida....

hey, by the way...when you were attacking desantis for being out during the holidays recently.....

you do know he was with his wife who was getting chemo for her breast cancer...right?

and he didn't take two months off to change diapers

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-09-2022 at 11:09 AM..
Old 01-09-2022, 12:34 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you know there is still some Delta in Florida....

hey, by the way...when you were attacking desantis for being out during the holidays recently.....

you do know he was with his wife who was getting chemo for her breast cancer...right?

and he didn't take two months off to change diapers
His staff claimed he was working.

A million tests expired while he was with his wife.

He returned and went to an event with his unmasked wife, who just had Chemo?

So who’s lying

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2022, 05:13 PM   #16
scottw

Quote:

So who’s lying

are you suggesting he's lying about his wife having cancer?

or lying about her getting chemo treatments?

or lying about being with his wife for the treatments?

not sure what tests expiring has to do with anything, did you want him to change the expiration date or something?

I know who is insanely bitter
Old 01-09-2022, 07:32 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:

not sure what tests expiring has to do with anything, did you want him to change the expiration date or something?

what you just did to pete, is like what happened to Sonny Corleone at the toll booth.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:59 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

I’m suggesting one of his or his staffs statements is a lie

Since people in Floriduh were waiting in lines for tests and the state controlled the distribution of them, yes I’m suggesting the guy in charge bears responsibility

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-10-2022, 07:18 AM   #19
wdmso

Republican governors are downplaying the rapid explosion of new Covid infections — but they still want Joe Biden’s help stopping it.

Shocking
Old 01-11-2022, 08:44 AM   #20
wdmso

but the vaccine didn’t even exist for
most of grumps
time dealing with covid, so why were all those deaths his fault?

You are as dense a lead

Trump never tried to take Covid seriously he lied and lied to the American people he said it would disappear..

But in your world goals to cure cancer or to tackle Covid are considered lies .

You prefer a man who sat on hands during Covid . And this same man sat on his hands on Jan 6th ..

Why do you prefer people aka Trump who make no commitments to the American people or just refuse to act for them or tell the Truth. All in the name of his self preservation

Your a poor judge of character
Old 01-11-2022, 08:57 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:

You are as dense a lead

atta boy....
Old 01-11-2022, 08:58 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:

You prefer a man who sat on hands during Covid

ummmm....Operation WARP Speed
Old 01-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
but the vaccine didn’t even exist for
most of grumps
time dealing with covid, so why were all those deaths his fault?

You are as dense a lead

Trump never tried to take Covid seriously he lied and lied to the American people he said it would disappear..

But in your world goals to cure cancer or to tackle Covid are considered lies .

You prefer a man who sat on hands during Covid . And this same man sat on his hands on Jan 6th ..

Why do you prefer people aka Trump who make no commitments to the American people or just refuse to act for them or tell the Truth. All in the name of his self preservation

Your a poor judge of character
"Trump never tried to take Covid seriously"

When he implemented travel restrictions, the entire left said it was an over-reaction.

So when he does something bold, it's an hysterical overreaction. When he doesn't do something bold, he didn't take it seriously enough. Whatever he does (it doesn't matter what it is), you'll say it's wrong.

He oversaw the creation of a testing and vaccine-creating infastructure that didn't exist. Within a year, you could get a test the day you wanted it (not anymore!) and they were vaccinating about a million people a day.

"he lied and lied to the American people he said it would disappear"

Biden also said he would make covid disappear. How's that working out? He promised to cure cancer too. But last time i checked, it's still around.

But Biden didn't lie., no sir. Only republicans do that.

liberal=good, conservative=bad.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:53 AM   #24
wdmso

Of course Jim is ignoring all of January in Trumps total. Even if Biden wasn’t in office

according to OurWorldInData, which relies on Johns Hopkins University figures, cumulative deaths stood at 412,892 as of January 20, still significantly more than the 393,547 recorded under Biden through to December 19.

Omg say it ain’t so Actually people did the math

And yes this count will go up over the next 3 years if The unvaccinated
Remain
Old 01-11-2022, 10:04 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Of course Jim is ignoring all of January in Trumps total. Even if Biden wasn’t in office

according to OurWorldInData, which relies on Johns Hopkins University figures, cumulative deaths stood at 412,892 as of January 20, still significantly more than the 393,547 recorded under Biden through to December 19.

Omg say it ain’t so Actually people did the math

And yes this count will go up over the next 3 years if The unvaccinated
Remain
When Biden has been in for a year, post what the deaths were for Trumps year and Bidens year.

Biden had significant advantages that Trump obviously didn't have. For most of Trumps year, there was no vaccine. By the time Biden got sworn in, we were vaccinating a million people a day. Plus, supposedly, Biden is a lot smarter, right? Plus, we had a year of experience that Trump didn't have the benefit of. Is any of that wrong?

Wayne, if Biden kept his campaign promise to beat covid, what do YOU think the data would show? Shouldn't there be a lot less deaths after a year of Biden's superior abilities?

What can you point to, that would indicate that Biden is beating covid?
Old 01-11-2022, 11:34 AM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When Biden has been in for a year, post what the deaths were for Trumps year and Bidens year.

Biden had significant advantages that Trump obviously didn't have. For most of Trumps year, there was no vaccine. By the time Biden got sworn in, we were vaccinating a million people a day. Plus, supposedly, Biden is a lot smarter, right? Plus, we had a year of experience that Trump didn't have the benefit of. Is any of that wrong?

Wayne, if Biden kept his campaign promise to beat covid, what do YOU think the data would show? Shouldn't there be a lot less deaths after a year of Biden's superior abilities?

What can you point to, that would indicate that Biden is beating covid?
Why do you keep re asking the same questions over and over after the responses have been made and backed by actual data and events

What do you thinks is going to change

So Biden’s mandates haven’t saved any lives . same with masks promotion vaccines and booster

All roads lead back to guess who the unvaccinated and GOP messaging you insist isn’t happening
Old 01-11-2022, 12:39 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why do you keep re asking the same questions over and over after the responses have been made and backed by actual data and events

What do you thinks is going to change

So Biden’s mandates haven’t saved any lives . same with masks promotion vaccines and booster

All roads lead back to guess who the unvaccinated and GOP messaging you insist isn’t happening
That's a brand new question (never posted before), here it is again...

"if Biden kept his campaign promise to beat covid, what do YOU think the data would show?"

"So Biden’s mandates haven’t saved any lives"

Never came close to saying that. I'm certain they have saved lives. What I was talking about, was the constitutionality.

It would also save lives if the president mandated that people eat a plant based dies and walked 5 miles a day. That would save countless lives. But it would be unconstitutional.

Why do you keep claiming I said something, which I never even came close to saying? Is it because you can't respond to what I am sayong?

"All roads lead back to guess who the unvaccinated"

There were 100% unvaccinated before there was a vaccine. Yet deaths aren't dropping meaningfully, even though, what, 65% are vaccinated?
Old 01-11-2022, 10:30 AM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim you are such a tool, I come hear now for the humor watching you flail away with each endless crusade you start and so I can occasionally poke fun. Hey speaking of religion, which I know your all over, the Pope just stated it’s a good Christian’s moral obligation to get vaccinated. OMG what a dilemma for the faithful who have to date bought into the anti vaccine nonsense.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:47 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim you are such a tool, I come hear now for the humor watching you flail away with each endless crusade you start and so I can occasionally poke fun. Hey speaking of religion, which I know your all over, the Pope just stated it’s a good Christian’s moral obligation to get vaccinated. OMG what a dilemma for the faithful who have to date bought into the anti vaccine nonsense.
"the Pope just stated it’s a good Christian’s moral obligation to get vaccinated"

Me, my wife, and kids are fully vaccinated. I've never, ever spoke against vaccines here. I don't understand why people aren't getting vaccinated. (Though with omicron and likely with future variants, the vaccines will likely be less crucial as it becomes even less deadly)

It's interesting, none of you libs here could comment on the low black vaccination rate, not one of you (either Wayne or Pete brilliantly suggested they were all black Republicans, THAT was hilarious). But you are all over conservative demographics with low vaccine rates. Why is that?

Are unvaccinated liberals less dangerous than unvaccinated conservatives? One would think so, based on how selective you all are about who you criticize for being unvaccinated, and who you give a pass to for being unvaccinated.

If you think you have ever made me "flail away", you are flattering yourself. All you can do is lob baseless insults, because I'm honest and thoughtful and can praise and criticize either side as facts warrant. Yes you've really got me on the ropes.
Old 01-11-2022, 12:33 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"the Pope just stated it’s a good Christian’s moral obligation to get vaccinated"

Me, my wife, and kids are fully vaccinated. I've never, ever spoke against vaccines here. I don't understand why people aren't getting vaccinated. (Though with omicron and likely with future variants, the vaccines will likely be less crucial as it becomes even less deadly)

It's interesting, none of you libs here could comment on the low black vaccination rate, not one of you (either Wayne or Pete brilliantly suggested they were all black Republicans, THAT was hilarious). But you are all over conservative demographics with low vaccine rates. Why is that?

Are unvaccinated liberals less dangerous than unvaccinated conservatives? One would think so, based on how selective you all are about who you criticize for being unvaccinated, and who you give a pass to for being unvaccinated.

If you think you have ever made me "flail away", you are flattering yourself. All you can do is lob baseless insults, because I'm honest and thoughtful and can praise and criticize either side as facts warrant. Yes you've really got me on the ropes.
The lefties are good at resorting to a sort of secular situational ethics that create a scenario or proposition that appears to be reasonable but actually contradicts or disregards a claim they've made in another situation.

For instance, re this thread, they go on and on about how lousy our health care is compared to other advanced countries, and how that depresses the overall health of the people of this nation. Yet, when they constantly posted statistics, week after week in 2020 that showed how Covid caused more deaths in the U.S., they disregarded all the differentiating demographic factors between us and the other advanced countries, including their own mantra about the relatively poor health of Americans, and blamed it all on Trump. Even though it was well known that dying of Covid was mostly a result of co-morbidity. The very co-morbidities that they claimed were disproportionately due to what they claimed was our poor health care system.

They conveniently forget about previous claims in other situations in order to advance an agenda in another situation. When it was pointed out in 2020 that the number of covid deaths was being inflated because hospitals were attributing all deaths to Covid even if patients were admitted for other reasons, it was sternly rebutted as being somehow insignificant. It didn't matter because even if the patient died of a heart attack, that might not have happened at that time if the patient didn't also have covid.

But now, Trump is gone, so we can probably admit, or even tamp down, the number of deaths due to Covid. We now can recognize the difference in dying "with" covid from dying "of" Covid.