Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-30-2020, 07:40 AM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
You’d be better off to worry about what’s not happening in this country than elsewhere.

In virtually every campaign rally Trump promised 100 million PEOPLE would be vaccinated by the end of December.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2020, 08:01 AM   #62
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
There seems to be a lot of hurt inside the little fella.
The quarantine hits all of us hard.
more passive aggressivenss from you Rolly. Like a 13 year old girl.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:36 AM   #63
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You’d be better off to worry about what’s not happening in this country than elsewhere.

In virtually every campaign rally Trump promised 100 million PEOPLE would be vaccinated by the end of December.
I pray that you are not as stupid as Newsweek thinks you are....
Old 12-30-2020, 08:38 AM   #64
wdmso

A significant number of Americans believe misinformation about the origins of the coronavirus and the recent presidential election, as well as conspiracy theories like QAnon, according to a new poll k

Forty percent of respondents said they believe the coronavirus was made in a lab in China even though there is no evidence for this. Scientists say the virus was transmitted to humans from another species.

And one-third of Americans believe that voter fraud helped Joe Biden win the 2020 election, despite the fact that courts, election officials and the Department of Justice have found no evidence of widespread fraud that could have changed the outcome.

The poll results add to mounting evidence that misinformation is gaining a foothold in American society and that conspiracy theories are going mainstream, especially during the coronavirus pandemic. This has raised concerns about how to get people to believe in a "baseline reality," said Chris Jackson, a pollster with Ipsos.

"Increasingly people are willing to say and believe stuff that fits in with their view of how the world should be, even if it doesn't have any basis in reality or fact," Jackson said.

This poll is reflected here that much is certain
Old 12-30-2020, 08:46 AM   #65
wdmso

Rasmussen: 72% of Republicans See Trump as Model for Party’s Future
Old 12-30-2020, 08:54 AM   #66
wdmso

Mitch McConnell has announced that he is introducing a new $2000 stimulus check bill tomorrow where he is introducing a provision to get rid of the immunity from prosecution that big media companies such as Google, Twitter, Face Book, and Instagram now currently enjoy and where he also proposes a bi-partisan advisory panel of 9 Republicans and 9 Democrats be established to investigate the 2020 elections.

Ya it’s the dems fault if they don’t for vote for another one of Mitch’s combo meals he loves assembling... and when it’s voted down the reason by Republicans will be if they didn’t cheat why not all the commission to investigate the elections ...
Old 12-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #67
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
A significant number of Americans believe misinformation about the origins of the coronavirus and the recent presidential election, as well as conspiracy theories like QAnon, according to a new poll k

Forty percent of respondents said they believe the coronavirus was made in a lab in China even though there is no evidence for this. Scientists say the virus was transmitted to humans from another species.

And one-third of Americans believe that voter fraud helped Joe Biden win the 2020 election, despite the fact that courts, election officials and the Department of Justice have found no evidence of widespread fraud that could have changed the outcome.

The poll results add to mounting evidence that misinformation is gaining a foothold in American society and that conspiracy theories are going mainstream, especially during the coronavirus pandemic. This has raised concerns about how to get people to believe in a "baseline reality," said Chris Jackson, a pollster with Ipsos.

"Increasingly people are willing to say and believe stuff that fits in with their view of how the world should be, even if it doesn't have any basis in reality or fact," Jackson said.

This poll is reflected here that much is certain
Yet you shrug off political power games. Did you know every Dem believed the accusation against judge Kavanaugh without ANY credible evidence?
Or does that not fit your narrative?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-30-2020, 10:07 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:

The poll results add to mounting evidence that misinformation is gaining a foothold in American society and that conspiracy theories are going mainstream, especially during the coronavirus pandemic.

hopefully the democrats will get control of the senate and then with the help of the house that they control and the presidency and with help of their accomplices in the mainstream media and big tech they will ensure that americans are only fed a steady stream of the truth
Old 12-30-2020, 10:16 AM   #69
spence

Quote:
Did you know every Dem believed the accusation against judge Kavanaugh without ANY credible evidence?
Make #^&#^&#^&#^& up recently?
Old 12-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I pray that you are not as stupid as Newsweek thinks you are....
Silly Troll

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Yet you shrug off political power games. Did you know every Dem believed the accusation against judge Kavanaugh without ANY credible evidence?
Who paid off Brett Kavanaugh’s $92,000 country club fees, His $200,000 credit card debt, his $1.2 million mortgage and purchased themselves a SCOTUS seat? Some Dark Money, never disclosed, bailed him out.
He showed us all his poor judgement as he turned into an attack animal when questioned.
SCOTUS Justice Kennedy retired abruptly to make way for Trump’s Brett Kavanaugh, Kennedy’s son Justin signed off on Trump’s loans at Deutsche Bank, those loans were backed by Russian state-owned VTB Bank, and Justin’s boss Tom Bowers “killed himself”.

Convince me that Kennedy just happened to decide to retire after hiring clerks and that Kavanaugh paid off his credit card, mortgage and club bill on his own.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #72
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Who paid off Brett Kavanaugh’s $92,000 country club fees, His $200,000 credit card debt, his $1.2 million mortgage and purchased themselves a SCOTUS seat? Some Dark Money, never disclosed, bailed him out.
He showed us all his poor judgement as he turned into an attack animal when questioned.
SCOTUS Justice Kennedy retired abruptly to make way for Trump’s Brett Kavanaugh, Kennedy’s son Justin signed off on Trump’s loans at Deutsche Bank, those loans were backed by Russian state-owned VTB Bank, and Justin’s boss Tom Bowers “killed himself”.

Convince me that Kennedy just happened to decide to retire after hiring clerks and that Kavanaugh paid off his credit card, mortgage and club bill on his own.
Why would I attempt to convince you, Bitchslappedboy?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #73
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Make #^&#^&#^&#^& up recently?
Yourself included
“I believe her”

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #74
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Why would I attempt to convince you, Bitchslappedboy?
You can’t because it doesn’t fit your narrative, Chubby Gigolo

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #75
PaulS

Quote:
You can’t because it doesn’t fit your narrative, Chubby Gigolo
You're half right.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:

And yet another insinuation. What? You need to be convinced of your own insinuation? If you actually proved it, you could convince yourself. But, then, it wouldn't fit YOUR narrative.

But what was so special about Kavanaugh that all that money should have been spent on him when there were several other judges on Trump's list?
Old 12-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #77
scottw

keep trolling those conspiracy theories pete
Old 12-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #78
wdmso

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., said Wednesday he plans to object during the Electoral College certification process

"I cannot vote to certify the electoral college results on January 6 without raising the fact that some states, particularly Pennsylvania, failed to follow their own state election laws," Hawley said in a statement Wednesday morning.

Hawley called on Congress to investigate allegations of voter fraud and election irregularities. No credible evidence of such fraud has been provided by President Trump or his legal team.

Guess he forgot he's from the Show Me State
Old 12-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

But what was so special about Kavanaugh that all that money should have been spent on him when there were several other judges on Trump's list?
Why he was chosen is the question, isn’t it?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2020, 03:08 PM   #80
wdmso

Quote:
who's a supreme Court Justice

Dirty politics and conspiracies theories are not the same ... but you all ready kew that ...
Old 12-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
keep trolling those conspiracy theories pete
Did you say conspiracy theory?????

Tweety working hard at midnight, after watching Newsmaxx

I love the Great State of Georgia, but the people who run it, from the Governor, @BrianKempGA, to the Secretary of State, are a complete disaster and don’t have a clue, or worse. Nobody can be this stupid. Just allow us to find the crime, and turn the state Republican....
...The consent decree signed by the “Secretary”, with the consent of Kemp, is perhaps even more poorly negotiated than the deal that John Kerry made with Iran. Now it turns out that Brad R’s brother works for China, and they definitely don’t want “Trump”. So disgusting! #MAGA

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2020, 03:27 PM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
Why he was chosen is the question, isn’t it?
Out of all the countless reasons why Kavanaugh could have been chosen, guess which one Pete chose . . .his usual narrative fitting innuendo/insinuation/conjecture? Nah . . . can't be that . . .
Old 12-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #83
scottw

Quote:
Did you say conspiracy theory?????

Tweety working hard at midnight, after watching Newsmaxx

I love the Great State of Georgia, but the people who run it, from the Governor, @BrianKempGA, to the Secretary of State, are a complete disaster and don’t have a clue, or worse. Nobody can be this stupid. Just allow us to find the crime, and turn the state Republican....
...The consent decree signed by the “Secretary”, with the consent of Kemp, is perhaps even more poorly negotiated than the deal that John Kerry made with Iran. Now it turns out that Brad R’s brother works for China, and they definitely don’t want “Trump”. So disgusting! #MAGA

keep a close eye on his every move and fill us in pete...you only have a couple weeks of surveillance left
Old 12-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #84
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Out of all the countless reasons why Kavanaugh could have been chosen, guess which one Pete chose . . .

His usual narrative fitting innuendo/insinuation/conjecture? Nah . . . can't be that . . .
it was the russians...
Old 12-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it was the russians...
You are correct

The major beneficiary of Manafort’s actions is Vladimir Putin himself, who the IC concludes directed the 2016 attack..& who can maintain plausible deniability as long as Manafort doesn’t spill the beans

Remember that Manafort was the linchpin of Russia’s efforts with the Trump campaign. He was the one with direct contacts with Russian intel. He was the one sharing info with them. He was the one who owed a Russian oligarch $10M...but worked for the campaign for free.
Manafort initially claimed to be cooperating with Mueller. But he wasn’t: In fact he was secretly continuing to do work for Ukraine, tampering with witnesses, and lying to Mueller’s team. Mueller discovered that Trump had been dangling a pardon behind the scenes.
Manafort was in a position to spill ALL THE BEANS. He was pushing Russian disinfo (that Ukraine interfered in the election) as far back as 2016. He was sharing campaign polling data with Russian intel. Writing in “code” to his Russian oligarch debtor.
Soooo...it was (and is) really important to both Trump AND Putin to keep his mouth shut. That is what that pardon was about. HOWEVER, remember that the NY AG has an indictment lined up on Manafort on other state charges. Trump’s pardon won’t reach those.

He also continues to be a fair interview subject for FBI counterintelligence; and if he lies to them in such an interview, that’s a new crime and one that, after Jan. 20, his pal Trump won’t be around to help him with.
So, the story is not over for Manafort or Tweety because as McConnell said "While the president alone possesses the power to pardon, it's important to remember that he is not personally exempt from federal laws that prohibit the corrupt actions of all government officials."

So on January 6th, Trump will lose again -- just as he lost on November 3rd, just as he lost during every successive stage of the electoral college vote process, and just as he lost in every court challenge re the election.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., said Wednesday he plans to object during the Electoral College certification process

"I cannot vote to certify the electoral college results on January 6 without raising the fact that some states, particularly Pennsylvania, failed to follow their own state election laws," Hawley said in a statement Wednesday morning.

Hawley called on Congress to investigate allegations of voter fraud and election irregularities. No credible evidence of such fraud has been provided by President Trump or his legal team.

Guess he forgot he's from the Show Me State
Hawley might want to ask Jeff Sessions, Bill Barr, Michael Cohen, etc. how defending Tweety will end for him.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2020, 04:47 PM   #87
Sea Dangles

Quote:
who's a supreme Court Justice

Dirty politics and conspiracies theories are not the same ... but you all ready kew that ...
You want to classify and categorize stupid. But you don’t get to do that.

Stupid is still stupid
Get out of your sewer and get some air. Save yourself

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-30-2020, 04:57 PM   #88
detbuch

Quote:
You are correct

The major beneficiary of Manafort’s actions is Vladimir Putin himself, who the IC concludes directed the 2016 attack..& who can maintain plausible deniability as long as Manafort doesn’t spill the beans

Remember that Manafort was the linchpin of Russia’s efforts with the Trump campaign. He was the one with direct contacts with Russian intel. He was the one sharing info with them. He was the one who owed a Russian oligarch $10M...but worked for the campaign for free.
Manafort initially claimed to be cooperating with Mueller. But he wasn’t: In fact he was secretly continuing to do work for Ukraine, tampering with witnesses, and lying to Mueller’s team. Mueller discovered that Trump had been dangling a pardon behind the scenes.
Manafort was in a position to spill ALL THE BEANS. He was pushing Russian disinfo (that Ukraine interfered in the election) as far back as 2016. He was sharing campaign polling data with Russian intel. Writing in “code” to his Russian oligarch debtor.
Soooo...it was (and is) really important to both Trump AND Putin to keep his mouth shut. That is what that pardon was about. HOWEVER, remember that the NY AG has an indictment lined up on Manafort on other state charges. Trump’s pardon won’t reach those.

He also continues to be a fair interview subject for FBI counterintelligence; and if he lies to them in such an interview, that’s a new crime and one that, after Jan. 20, his pal Trump won’t be around to help him with.
So, the story is not over for Manafort or Tweety because as McConnell said "While the president alone possesses the power to pardon, it's important to remember that he is not personally exempt from federal laws that prohibit the corrupt actions of all government officials."

So on January 6th, Trump will lose again -- just as he lost on November 3rd, just as he lost during every successive stage of the electoral college vote process, and just as he lost in every court challenge re the election.
These unproven (baseless, as anti-Trump media would put it) narratives are why Kavanaugh was chosen?
Old 12-30-2020, 05:51 PM   #89
scottw

Quote:
Hawley might want to ask Jeff Sessions, Bill Barr, Michael Cohen, etc. how defending Tweety will end for him.
They are all doing much better than people with dirt on Hillary
Old 12-31-2020, 07:30 AM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
They are all doing much better than people with dirt on Hillary
2 died of Ebola: They said Obama should resign.

4 died in Benghazi: They had Hillary testify for 11 hours, held 33 hearings, and launched a multiyear probe.

342,577 died thanks to Trump’s malevolence: You cheer him on, deny his election defeat, and try to overturn Biden’s win.

Lets Go Darwin