Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-20-2022, 02:00 PM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"opportunities are much much better for the educated in the blues states"

Tell that to everyone working in Atlanta and Charlotte NC. You mean those blue cities?

Paul, there are places in red states where I'd NEVER want to live. But there are also places in red states that are very cheap and have a high quality of life. There are exactly zero places in blue states (that I know of) which are very cheap and offer a good quality of life for normal families.

Can you name one nice suburb in a liberal state, which has super low taxes and yet offers a high quality of life? Places like Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, Dallas, etc??? I don't know of one single such place. Can you name any?

Historically, large companies had reasons to locate in big cities, which tend to be liberal. Nowadays, people and companies are making different choices.
You're asking about the liberal cities? They have some of the highest quality of life in the red states. NC is equally divided 1/3 R, D and Ind. The legislature is gerrymandered to be red.

You keep naming liberal cities and using those as examples of places with high quality of life but are unable to show red states that lead the country in the "good" (like Pete and I have) categories other than low taxes.
Old 07-20-2022, 02:20 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You're asking about the liberal cities? They have some of the highest quality of life in the red states. NC is equally divided 1/3 R, D and Ind. The legislature is gerrymandered to be red.

You keep naming liberal cities and using those as examples of places with high quality of life but are unable to show red states that lead the country in the "good" (like Pete and I have) categories other than low taxes.
for the third time. please list some places to live in blue states, which offer a high quality of life with very low taxes.

I can name many places in red states that fit that exact description. Can you name any places in any blue states that fit that description?

Seems like you’re doing everything you can to avoid answering. Gee, I wonder why?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-21-2022, 04:54 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

quality of life

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
quality of life is subjective....