Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 01-06-2016, 05:41 AM   #1
Rmarsh

Thanks Bigfish....I like to get away from the jobsite and do work like this in my shop. No plumbers, electricians, painters, tile setters....
I'll go back in a few days to install the columns which will cover structural 6x6 posts in the great room.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 06:01 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
trevier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Thanks Bigfish....I like to get away from the jobsite and do work like this in my shop. No plumbers, electricians, painters, tile setters....
I'll go back in a few days to install the columns which will cover structural 6x6 posts in the great room.
nice work my friend. Having been in the housing industry most of my life due to my dad I know nice work when I see it.
trevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #3
Rmarsh

Thanks Trevier....I am enjoying my work more than ever, even with the early stages of arthritis starting to make it painful.
Nothing I do ever comes out perfect......I always see something that could have been better.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:56 AM..
Old 01-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #4
trevier

having done houses from 2k sqr ft all the up to 8k sqr ft I've seen alot of trimmed out houses. I always liked doing trim, always inside, heat is one. But it can get crazy with people in the way, especially doing stairs.
trevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:46 AM   #5
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevier View Post
having done houses from 2k sqr ft all the up to 8k sqr ft I've seen alot of trimmed out houses. I always liked doing trim, always inside, heat is one. But it can get crazy with people in the way, especially doing stairs.
I started out my career framing condos on the cape back in the early seventies. Worked outside every winter, and very close to the water, so wind was a big factor too. The guys I worked for were some real hard ass rednecks, we still worked when all the other crews pulled the job when it got too cold for them.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:04 AM   #6
Guppy
User

My cousins LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #7
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
My cousins LOL
Ha hah gup...Boss didn't like my long hair so much, and when i had it tied back....he would ask me "what do you find under a pony tail"? then answer his own question with..... "a horses a**" and a big grin on his face. Actually got along good with those guys.
I have a lot of redneck friends nowadays......not that there's anything wrong with that.