Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-22-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump* pulls Brady from Super Bowl

Luckily he doesn't have that much influence but he did remove or at best let his sycophants remove Dr. Richard Bright the man on top of the vaccine development game in the US government from the team in the middle of a pandemic that needs a vaccine.
Of course Trump* doesn’t know who he is, never heard of him, he's not responsible.

Trump* is fundamentally deeply lazy, a point not emphasized enough in reporting. His threat to the United State government is much more disdain & incompetence than fascism. Trump* basically wants to watch TV, golf, rage-tweet,& collect praise from sycophants. He doesn’t want to work,read,sit thru briefings, etc.

Remember that for all the talk about the virus going away and maybe "returning in the fall," it is here right now.
Nearly 30,000 new cases today and over 2100 Americans have lost their lives to it TODAY.

Send that fool off to cheat at golf, I'll gladly let him be club champion if he get's the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of the way.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-22-2020, 09:38 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

I can’t help but think how many lives he saved by making timely decisions despite political pressure to postpone such actions. Good judgement prevented what the early models had warned as likely catastrophic numbers of dead.
Hopefully, by hiding at home you have escaped this virus which has taken the lives of 40 of your neighbors in the Green mountain state. Be safe and continue to demonstrate your leadership here regarding the 🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-23-2020, 04:47 AM   #3
scottw

at least Pete now has the resurgence in the fall to count on....
Old 04-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
wdmso

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Apr 22
I have instructed the United States Navy to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.

Wow they have flying boats

So much for opsec. But Capt crozier ..
Old 04-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #5
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Apr 22
I have instructed the United States Navy to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.

Wow they have flying boats

So much for opsec. But Capt crozier ..
You didn’t hear about Iran’s Space Force?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Chief of staff to Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, Harrison has been tasked with handling the agency’s day-to-day coronavirus response despite his short résumé in public health: According to Reuters, prior to joining HHS, he ran a dog-breeding business.

Nothing could go wrong there, if he can breed dogs he can save us from the second wave. You really can’t make this crazy crap up.🤮
Old 04-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Chief of staff to Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, Harrison has been tasked with handling the agency’s day-to-day coronavirus response despite his short résumé in public health: According to Reuters, prior to joining HHS, he ran a dog-breeding business.

Nothing could go wrong there, if he can breed dogs he can save us from the second wave. You really can’t make this crazy crap up.🤮
According to HHS: Brian Harrison is the Chief of Staff at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. He previously served as the Deputy Chief of Staff, a position to which he was appointed in January 2018. Mr. Harrison also worked in the office of the Deputy Secretary at HHS during the George W. Bush Administration, and has held positions at multiple other federal agencies, including the Social Security Administration, the Department of Defense, and the Office of the Vice President at the White House. He has worked as a director at an independent public affairs firm, helping oversee their healthcare portfolio, and, prior to returning to government, ran a small business in Texas. He studied economics at Texas A&M University and lives in Arlington, Va., with his wife and three sons.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:23 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

And his extensive health service or medical expertise is what, proceed to break out your blue crayon and have fun. I will of course not read it, as this board is made up of those that think Trump is a clown and a serious danger to our collective well being and those that believe he is the best president of our lifetime (SG I saved you typing it), I don’t see any need other than to occasionally point out the crazy.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:27 PM   #9
scottw

[QUOTE=Got Strippers

(SG I saved you typing it),

[/QUOTE]

Who is SG?
Old 04-23-2020, 05:37 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Who is SG?
Seriously, you living in a bubble, that’s Sea Dangles contribution to this board, his one claim to fame. I thought for sure that would set you up for your biggest contribution, spelling correction, if I’m going to tee up hit it.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:40 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Seriously, you living in a bubble, that’s Sea Dangles contribution to this board, his one claim to fame. I thought for sure that would set you up for your biggest contribution, spelling correction, if I’m going to tee up hit it.
now you sound like trump
Old 04-23-2020, 05:51 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
And his extensive health service or medical expertise is what, proceed to break out your blue crayon and have fun. I will of course not read it, as this board is made up of those that think Trump is a clown and a serious danger to our collective well being and those that believe he is the best president of our lifetime (SG I saved you typing it), I don’t see any need other than to occasionally point out the crazy.
Yes, it's really crazy that a deputy chief of staff should be promoted to Chief of staff.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

We need those highly qualified people to help Trump move forward with his next brainchild, injecting disinfectants into humans, you just should NEVER listen to the nonsense coming out of his mouth. It’s amazing he is allowed to put that crap out to a national audience, many like the fools on this board who believe he knows what he is taking about.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
We need those highly qualified people to help Trump move forward with his next brainchild, injecting disinfectants into humans, you just should NEVER listen to the nonsense coming out of his mouth. It’s amazing he is allowed to put that crap out to a national audience, many like the fools on this board who believe he knows what he is taking about.
"Many like the fools on this board" believe you know what you're talking about.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

So as an “expert”, please tell me the pros of our president, suggesting injecting disinfectants, isopropyl alcohol or UV light internally is a wise thing for our president to say. Words matter and hopefully people are listening to the nonsense coming out of his mouth, either to weed out the idiots that take him seriously, or expose him for the idiot his is.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Here let me give you the classic Detbuch retort, wait you took Trumps statements out of context, he did say he wasn’t an expert, but he was wondering if. Irresponsible to even verbalize it plain and simple, there I covered your response and my come back to save you time.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quite comical in a tragic way that Trump*s promise to have the best in political appointees led to Azar and his assistant, with prior experience in lab work. Labradoodles that is.
And you want to know why they couldn’t come up with the needed tests?
F’n clown show
Old 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Quote:
This is supposed to make sense somehow?I hope I am not the excuse for being stupid. You get a mulligan for staying alive.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #19
scottw

Quote:

So as an “expert”, please tell me the pros of our president, suggesting injecting disinfectants.
I'm starting to wonder if you took his advise
Old 04-23-2020, 07:27 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Here let me give you the classic Detbuch retort, wait you took Trumps statements out of context, he did say he wasn’t an expert, but he was wondering if. Irresponsible to even verbalize it plain and simple, there I covered your response and my come back to save you time.
Good try. But not quite right.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:49 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm starting to wonder if you took his advise
Wondering what your snide remark would be about that post.
Perhaps you could advise us or just give us advice?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Wondering what your snide remark would be about that post.
Perhaps you could advise us or just give us advice?
Ummmm .....OK
Old 04-23-2020, 10:54 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
So as an “expert”, please tell me the pros of our president, suggesting injecting disinfectants, isopropyl alcohol or UV light internally is a wise thing for our president to say. Words matter and hopefully people are listening to the nonsense coming out of his mouth, either to weed out the idiots that take him seriously, or expose him for the idiot his is.
I watched the full briefing. Part of it was a Bill Bryant (or Brian) a researcher on the coronavirus taskforce, discussing findings on the "emerging results" of the powerful effect of sun light/ultraviolet light and various disinfectants, among others, on the virus. Trump found that very interesting and promising, and verified with Bryant that testing would be done on exposing infected bodies to doses of ultra violet light and inquired and verified about the possibility of injecting various things, like alcohol into the infected body as well.

It was not nonsense. If you find it so, that's you. Many others might like to know what's being researched and discovered. The notion that Trump shouldn't talk about such things because some might do something foolish is a red herring.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:55 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump thinks his tanning booth makes him immune to Covid-19.
Along with snorting Tide.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I watched the full briefing. Part of it was a Bill Bryant (or Brian) a researcher on the coronavirus taskforce, discussing findings on the "emerging results" of the powerful effect of sun light/ultraviolet light and various disinfectants, among others, on the virus. Trump found that very interesting and promising, and verified with Bryant that testing would be done on exposing infected bodies to doses of ultra violet light and inquired and verified about the possibility of injecting various things, like alcohol into the infected body as well.

It was not nonsense. If you find it so, that's you. Many others might like to know what's being researched and discovered. The notion that Trump shouldn't talk about such things because some might do something foolish is a red herring.
I knew this was coming, you just couldn’t help yourself.

It is absolutely ridiculous for our president to even ask that question in a way that first makes him look like an idiot trying to be a medical expert (like every past briefing) and to give the scared or weak minded thoughts about a way to kill the virus which would actually kill them.

No need to continue, like I said before half of this forum will defend him even if he killed someone on fifth avenue and the other see him for what he is; a game show host and clown bumbling through a job he is so ill equipped to do. I don’t post much anymore, realizing a long time back there can never be any civil debate here, but when Trump gets as stupid as this I just had to comment.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:50 AM   #26
PaulS

Well it is a nothing burger bc if you inject Lysol it will eventually kill the virus so he is right. A snarky comment will be posted and someone will say you and your ilk are liars.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:56 AM   #27
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Just caught a video of the briefing and Dr. Birx’s face during and after Trumps comments say it all and if the comments weren’t nonsense and dangerous, why have numerous manufacturers come out immediately with cautions to never inject yourselves with their products. The fact they even felt that need is proof only the medical experts should be allowed to discuss anything medical, Trump should be there to answer questions like why he and his party doesn’t want any oversight over the way the stimulus money is handed out.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 04-24-2020 at 08:10 AM..
Old 04-24-2020, 07:58 AM   #28
Sea Dangles

Orange man bad
🍔⛑🐰
Old 04-24-2020, 08:23 AM   #29
PaulS

not bad 8 min.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #30
scottw

Quote: