Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2024, 10:08 PM   #8
Fish On

Send a message via Yahoo to Fish On
Sorry for the delayed reply. Just got back from his baseball game tonight and got the kids to bed.

I've only posted like 3 times since covid. You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for all the info.! I will dig into these spots/suggestions tomorrow and finalize a plan!

Redlite, I am speechless! That is such a gracious offer! Let me give those tackle shops a call in the AM to see if they still rent rods and also work on a final count for trip. If we can't find rentals I'll shoot you a PM. These kids will be mostly beginners so there could be a drop in the sand, etc., but they will receive proper instruction and they are good listeners and responsible. They are also very courteous and get along very well and so sharing rods should work if we are short. The group will be fishing during the day at an easy location so no one will need to get wet.

The trip is Memorial Day weekend. The troops (two from our town) are going over on the Friday afternoon ferry and coming back Monday afternoon, 5/24-5/27. Based on the last two On The Water migration reports I'd say the scouts will be smack dab in the middle of peak or darn close to it at The Block that weekend.

They will all learn a lot and have fun whether we catch fish or not, but it sure would be nice to catch a fish (req'd to get the badge). They can at least check all the other boxes for safety, knots/knowledge, etc. and complete the badge when they do catch a fish later in the season.

Albin, yes, I've heard of eel skins over wood but never tried it and I know the prep takes some work. If eels are the bait of choice then I'll bring some of those rigged black sluggos that Drumcorpfan taught us all to rig on MV in 05. Those are killer baits! (Thanks Leo, hope all is well!). I'm hoping the blues are thick and we can chunk mackeral or toss metal with success. We'll see :-)

Cheers,
K

https://www.onthewater.com/striper-m...map-may-3-2024

https://www.onthewater.com/striper-m...-april-19-2024

PS: This was a last minute decision for us and so the troop ferries were sold out for adding my truck but I got a ticket for Sat. morning and Tuesday afternoon. Planning to get on standby before the crack of dawn Friday if I'm not able to find a cancellation before hand. Wish us luck!
Fish On is offline   Reply With Quote