Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-27-2022, 08:36 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More than 100 TV ads from Republican candidates and conservative-aligned groups showed guns or used guns as a talking point this year,

Pull your head from the Sand

the GOP unwillingness to try to prevent these Crimes is the actual issue ..

And chicago has a Gang and Gun Issue .. but get back to me when there intent is shooting and killing children Wholesale ..

How And Why Chicago Violence Became Conservatives' Favorite Talking Point

and clearly yours

For a certain segment of conservative politicians and pundits—far from all, to be sure—pointing out what is often referred to as “black-on-black crime” in Chicago has become the preferred shorthand for castigating ineffectual liberalism, reinforcing racial wedges and feigning a concern for crime victims—even when their voting records paint a different picture of their priorities.

https://chicagoist.com/2016/08/29/ho...nce_became.php
if the democrats want to solve this and have the right ideas, why haven’t biden and the democrats in congress passed those solutions? Who’s stopping them? They run the show. Do you not get that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-27-2022, 03:11 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if the democrats want to solve this and have the right ideas, why haven’t biden and the democrats in congress passed those solutions? Who’s stopping them? They run the show. Do you not get that?
Because laws die at Mitches feet and two democrats will not work to eliminate the filibuster.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:06 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Because laws die at Mitches feet and two democrats will not work to eliminate the filibuster.
which now did dems try to pass that mitch killed, which would have prevented this?

after this shooting, senate republicans proposed some
kind of school
safety bill that senate democrats killed. Funny that you didn’t complain about that.

And i agree with you that the gop is too stubborn on gums. Maybe we should have stricter purchase reuirements for the ar-15, tougher background checks or red flag laws? again, there are so many out there that such a law might not do much, but maybe it helps. little. maybe raise the age to 21.

But i don’t see the left doing anything except making political speeches, either

We have to be able to talk about what has been tried already, and whether or not it worked. We need to be able to talk honestly about what works and what doesn’t. Neither side can do that. We elect too many jerks on both sides.

But we need to be able to say out loud, that due to the fact that there are more guns out there right now than people living in the country, prospective gun laws aren’t the only aspect of this. There’s a lot more to it.

You almost never hear democrats discuss anything other than gun control, because that’s the aspect of this that polling shows is a political winner for them. Same with the right and opposing gun control.