Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-06-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Trump is being criticized for "downplaying" the threat of the virus in January and February. And that he doesn't listen to or contradicts his experts. Here is what his expert, Dr Fauci, said in January:

“It’s a very, very low risk to the United States,” Fauci said during an interview with radio show host John Catsimatidis.
“But it’s something that we as public health officials need to take very seriously... It isn’t something the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about. Because we have ways of preparing and screening of people coming in [from China]. And we have ways of responding - like we did with this one case in Seattle, Washington, who had traveled to China and brought back the infection.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...-something-the

Because we have ways of preparing and screening. Clearly

. But you left out who's in charge , Fauci didn't stick with his 1st impression. he evolved. TRUMP never evolved until he couldn't wish it away. I dont understand the lengths people go to defend this guy.

Why it's an outrageous idea to hold the POTUS accountable for his poor judgement

There's a saying about leadership in the military You can delegate authority but you can't delegate the responsibility Trump and his supporters are saying oh yes you can....
Old 04-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Because we have ways of preparing and screening. Clearly

. But you left out who's in charge , Fauci didn't stick with his 1st impression. he evolved. TRUMP never evolved until he couldn't wish it away. I dont understand the lengths people go to defend this guy.

Why it's an outrageous idea to hold the POTUS accountable for his poor judgement

There's a saying about leadership in the military You can delegate authority but you can't delegate the responsibility Trump and his supporters are saying oh yes you can....
“Trump never evolved.”

you’re completely bonkers. Did Trump have the CDC and army corps of engineers working around the clock in January? Did Trump ask the private sector in January to stop what they were doing and
make facemasks?

we’re not going to lengths to defend the guy, we are pointing out what actually happened. You’re the one going to stupefying lengths to attack the guy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

we’re not going to lengths to defend the guy, we are pointing out what actually happened. You’re the one going to stupefying lengths to attack the guy.
You nailed it. But he won't understand that.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:49 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You nailed it. But he won't understand that.
i did, and he won’t.

Not a syllable about Pelosi and Diblasio telling constituents in late february to keep going to public places, encouraging them to go to bars and restaurants.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
“Trump never evolved.”

you’re completely bonkers. Did Trump have the CDC and army corps of engineers working around the clock in January? Did Trump ask the private sector in January to stop what they were doing and
make facemasks?

I love your version of what actually happen ... please show us because you have clearly been shown a time line several times , but insist trumps done More ??
Old 04-06-2020, 12:19 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I love your version of what actually happen ... please show us because you have clearly been shown a time line several times , but insist trumps done More ??
do you even know what youre saying, what you are defending? You are claiming that trump feels the same way about this virus today, as he did in january. that’s ridiculous. the army corps
of engineers want building makeshift hospitals in January. you’re making up gibberish to criticize trump.

if you want to say he should
have done more in january, i agree with that. you’re saying he’s not doing anything different today compared to january, and that’s bonkers.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
do you even know what youre saying, what you are defending? You are claiming that trump feels the same way about this virus today, as he did in january. that’s ridiculous. the army corps
of engineers want building makeshift hospitals in January. you’re making up gibberish to criticize trump.

if you want to say he should
have done more in january, i agree with that. you’re saying he’s not doing anything different today compared to january, and that’s bonkers.
Because dawn finally broke over Marblehead and he couldn’t hide from the facts, early on sadly when it could have made a difference, it was downplay and personal priorities. In January and February it was more important to hold 9 rallies. Of course golf is important to Trump as it allows the family to make some money even in hard times, so he got 6 rounds in through March 8th.