Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 05-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #91
Redsoxticket

The difference in the price between premium vs regular gas is 22 cents or 6%. That translate to a loss of only 1.2miles per gallon if the estimated mpg is 20 on the fj.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #92
Jenn

So sad. Just picked up the check at the dealer tonite....drove out back to see if I could wave good by to the old girl and it was a hard sight to see.....well at least she had lots of company.....there had to be a hundred back there just waiting to be hauled away.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg junkyard 001.jpg (34.7 KB, 59 views)

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #93
macojoe
Seal Control

Send a message via AIM to macojoe Send a message via Yahoo to macojoe
Sad thing is there are lots and lots of great parts right there!! someone is going to make a ton of cash!!
And I bet more then a few of the good ones will find there way on to the road some how

"All my friends are Flakes!!"

BOATLESS
macojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #94
MotoXcowboy

the cats are taken off and gas tanks removed. the rest of the taco goes into a shredder and is chopped into tiny peices the size of a fist, motors and all.
MotoXcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #95
Squid kids Dad

That is a shame...Many parts that could be recycled

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #96
Stroth

Tundras Included ?

A buddy of mine has a buddy who is a toyota mechanic. According to the mechanic tundras are also included in this frame rot buy back.

Has anyone else heard the same thing?

I have got a 2000 tundra and if the deal is as good as I am hearing I might have to jump for it....

Thanks
Stroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #97
Jenn

got a call from Toyota the other night wanting to know how my experience went......I told them it went pretty smooth other than the fact that I was totally inconvenienced for nearly a month and how heartbroken I was to loose my truck that I loved so much, Also that my husband and I used to be a die hard Yota fans but I dont think I could buy another Toyota unless they did something major to rebuild my confidence in their product and that I did buy a Nissan to replace.....there was long pause and then the conversation ended shortly after.

Simplify.......
Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #98
Jenn

TELL HIM TO TAKE IT TO A DIFFERENT DEALER!!!!

Simplify.......
Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #99
2na

I looked under my 2002 Tacoma a week ago and the frame is significantly rotted. This is my 2nd toy, I had one from 1989 to right after 9/11 when I got this one. I have inspected the underside of the truck every time it is on a lift, and the last time was May, and since then the rot progressed so rapidly that 15" of the bottom of the frame in one area has come off, and I can see on the other side of the truck in about the same area is is ready to pop. Not a happy camper.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.
2na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #100
maddmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2na View Post
I looked under my 2002 Tacoma a week ago and the frame is significantly rotted. This is my 2nd toy, I had one from 1989 to right after 9/11 when I got this one. I have inspected the underside of the truck every time it is on a lift, and the last time was May, and since then the rot progressed so rapidly that 15" of the bottom of the frame in one area has come off, and I can see on the other side of the truck in about the same area is is ready to pop. Not a happy camper.
stop drivin in the water!!

just kiddin, sorry for your loss

maybe if you change colors the seals and pilgrims will stop following you

"never met a bluefish i wouldn't sell"
maddmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #101
2na

It's not a loss yet - I'll be putting in a call to Toyota and I'll bet that they'll make me a deal - I'm just gonna wait until the season is over.

A new color truck would be nice - I could hide from all the tourorists too. I'd bet that the seals would learn to recognize me quicker, though.

Salty, thanks for bringing this thread back to life.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #102
Karl F

two of my custumers are getting ...New Frames... instead of a check... signifigant changes in their policy now...newer/cleaner trucks, will get repaired/replaced frames...
they finally agreed to take my bosses 98 taco, agter the rear end fell half out... that was in August... no check yet from corparate Toyota....mainly because truck was registered to a corporation, and now there is all kinds of paper work...and my boss has his lawyer involved now... he says now, he wish he took it to the welders instead... they keep after him to buy a new truck... he says show me my money for the old truck first.....and the dealer keeps passing the buck to corporate Toyota, who keeps asking how do we know that you own the truck... he has had to prove that he is the signifigant party, officer in the corporation..and still gets chain yanked...
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #103
2na

Spoke to my salesman yesterday re: my 2002 Tacoma, he confirms what Karl said. He added that the problem is not limited to Tundra's (no s). He says that Toyota will replace the frame and pretty much anything attached to it, mainly the brake lines, gas tank, etc. I'm bringing it in to a dealership after the holiday, will report back in.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #104
basswipe

A little update:

My '04 for was added to this recall in 2010.At the time no perforations in the frame were found and the underbody was done with a protective coating to satisfy that recall.This recall ended Dec.31 of that year.

Recently some serious rot was found.Most of the protective shrouds had completely rotted away,along with the emergency brake and other things.Brought the truck to the Toyota dealer today and a perforation(s) was found in the frame.We will now be getting a brand-new frame and shrouds for zip.

Apparently there's a warranty on the protective coating which extends this recall.If you had the under-coating done and now have a ton of rot it can't hurt to have a dealer inspect it
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #105
Liv2Fish

I made out like a bandit on this deal a few years ago with an 06? Tacoma. I stopped in to Falmouth Toyota to look at a Tundra. Dude looked under my Tacoma and half hour later I had a check in hand for $14,900.00. I paid $16k for the Tacoma with 32 K on it and drove it to 140k miles before the buy back. Owed nothing on it. Walked out with the Tundra for half price.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Liv2Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:04 AM   #106
saltyric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroth View Post
A buddy of mine has a buddy who is a toyota mechanic. According to the mechanic tundras are also included in this frame rot buy back.

Has anyone else heard the same thing?

I have got a 2000 tundra and if the deal is as good as I am hearing I might have to jump for it....

Thanks
Toyota replaced the frame of my 2005 tundra last summer. Gave me a brand new tacomma to use for three months.

Fish Rule!
saltyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #107
SweetD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2Fish View Post
I made out like a bandit on this deal a few years ago with an 06? Tacoma. I stopped in to Falmouth Toyota to look at a Tundra. Dude looked under my Tacoma and half hour later I had a check in hand for $14,900.00. I paid $16k for the Tacoma with 32 K on it and drove it to 140k miles before the buy back. Owed nothing on it. Walked out with the Tundra for half price.
I did the same exact thing, but I bought a brand new Tacoma with my $15k buyback check...best deal I've ever had! Did not have to use the money towards a new Toyota, but I seized the opportunity at the time!
SweetD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #108
fish4striper

Got a new frame for my 2001 Sequoia, control arms were frozen so couldn't do an alignment, free also. Tarbox did a great job.
fish4striper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #109
buckman

Just had the frame replaced on my old five Tacoma that I just gave my daughter . 6 months and a lot of battling as they try to nickel and dime me to death . They paid for a rental for the whole time . I'm not complaining but the dealership and Toyota could've made the process much better . If you let a vehicle sit in your parking lot for six months chances are things going to break . For instance, they wanted me to pay for a caliber that had seized
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #110
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Got a new frame for my 05' (stupid low mileage) traded it in 6 months later for '12 tundra with 40k on it for about 10k out the door no f'ing way I was getting a 4 year old truck for 10k anywhere else...

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote