Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
gone fishin

I use the following in the order listed. Right end - To hook in wood to a small hook to a swivel to a spring and to another hook. Install Plug or Plugs (I wire all plugs before epoxying) - to a piece of rigging wire with hooks on both ends to the left side. Sounds complicated but it allows me to swing the plugs away from the rotissory for epoxying and keep tension on them when they are spinning.

The spring and swivel is used as a complete section and I have enough so that I do not have to make them over and over. I have a bunch of different size hooks for completing the setup. I can coat and get spinning 24 plugs at a crack with this setup.

low & slow 37
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
Hookset

That spinner looks great. I am still spinning by hand, manually turning over. It is a 2 beer job. A friend gave me a motor a year ago, that may be one of my next projects, looking at this thread gets me fired up.
Hookset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone fishin View Post
I use the following in the order listed. Right end - To hook in wood to a small hook to a swivel to a spring and to another hook. Install Plug or Plugs (I wire all plugs before epoxying) - to a piece of rigging wire with hooks on both ends to the left side. Sounds complicated but it allows me to swing the plugs away from the rotissory for epoxying and keep tension on them when they are spinning.

The spring and swivel is used as a complete section and I have enough so that I do not have to make them over and over. I have a bunch of different size hooks for completing the setup. I can coat and get spinning 24 plugs at a crack with this setup.

Hey Mr. Shaw good to see you in the forum. How have you been? Happy Holidays Don.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
gone fishin

Hi Prof.. thanks for the hello. I had a real lousey time for a couple of years and am the best lurker in the forum. Getting around a bit better now. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and all !

low & slow 37
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote