Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-30-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

lying just comes so easy to the Clintons. from the monica " the humidor" Lewinski to the I landed in a chopper under fire.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 08-31-2016, 07:56 AM   #2
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
lying just comes so easy to the Clintons. from the monica " the humidor" Lewinski to the I landed in a chopper under fire.
It seems like you're blind to anything that doesn't fit your narrative and you're going along with what everyone else says.

Sounds exactly like the definition of "sheeple".
Old 08-31-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It seems like you're blind to anything that doesn't fit your narrative and you're going along with what everyone else says.

Sounds exactly like the definition of "sheeple".

not blind to anything bucko. I do not go along with with everyone says. I form my own opinions and voice them. i'm about as independent as one can be. sheeple my azz. btw - look at the guy in your mirror that's most likely a sheeple looking back at you.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 08-31-2016, 10:41 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
not blind to anything bucko. I do not go along with with everyone says. I form my own opinions and voice them. i'm about as independent as one can be. sheeple my azz. btw - look at the guy in your mirror that's most likely a sheeple looking back at you.
Temper, Temper.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:05 AM   #5
PaulS

And I voted for both Bush's until I saw what conservatism really was.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:27 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And I voted for both Bush's until I saw what conservatism really was.
You have no idea what it is. You only know what the New York Times claims it is.

Paul, I live in CT, which is as blue as it gets. It's a wealthy state, and as I said, that's not a function of liberalism, it's a function of proximity to Manhattan. Our state is just about broke, thanks to liberals being in bed with labor unions. To balance the budget, did the liberals in Hartford demand that the unions give back anything? Nope. Those liberals want to stay in power, so they couldn't stand up to the unions. So they made brutal cuts to social services to the most needy people in my state, cuts to mental health, etc. Too bad that mental patients don't represent a powerful voting block. The Republicans tried to stop it, but didn't have the votes.

That's fact.

It's also fact, as I pointed out in the study called "Who Really Cares", that conservatives actually do have plenty of empathy for the poor. The study determines that conservatives actually have more empathy than liberals. But let's suffice to say that liberals don't have a monopoly on caring about the poor, and every time you claim otherwise, I will show you how demonstrably false that is. If you consider the religious practices of conservatives versus liberals, that is very understandable.

Here's what conservatism is - limited federal government, individual liberty, individual responsibility, sanctity and preciousness of all life, charity for those who need it, strong national defense, fiscal responsibility, letting the free market (within limits) do its thing to allow maximum upward economic mobility.

You won't hear Rachael Maddow describe conservatism that way. Because as dumb as she is, she's smart enough to know that she has nothing to gain if we have an honest discussion of what conservatism is.

George W Bush is credited with saving over one million lives in Africa, thanks to his AIDS initiatives that he led. A million lives. Did you even know about that? Bill Clinton and Barack Obama cannot claim anything even close to that. And liberals give him almost no credit, called him racist.

You have no facts, no intellectual honesty on your side, no common sense. Just insults designed to end the debate that you know you are losing.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:52 AM   #7
scottw

I heard Hillary plans to appoint Anthony Weiner "Internet and Communications Czar"...he has an "impressive resume' "
Old 08-31-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I heard Hillary plans to appoint Anthony Weiner "Internet and Communications Czar"...he has an "impressive resume' "
Well, he does know how to use a cell phone....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-31-2016, 12:10 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
George W Bush is credited with saving over one million lives in Africa, thanks to his AIDS initiatives that he led. A million lives. Did you even know about that? Bill Clinton and Barack Obama cannot claim anything even close to that.
Oh and then click here...

http://www.politifact.com/global-new...illion-lower-/
Old 08-31-2016, 01:03 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I applaud them, I sincerely do. I didn't see in that article however, a study which estimates how many lives were saved. Nonetheless, it's a world-class gesture.

Furthermore, the Clinton Foundation was also used to give money (via salary) and luxury to people that the Clintons saw fit to reward. I'm not sure Bush used his AIDS initiative to enrich his cronies.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:17 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Oh, I did. Massachusetts is quite blue. And you posted a study saying it has a swell economy. I guess I am completely wrong.

Hold on...what variables did your study look at, in ranking the health of the state economy? Income, OK...GDP, makes sense...unemployment, sounds fair. Hold on? No mention of debt! None at all?

Spence, do you know what a "balance sheet" is? When one looks at the health of an organization, do you think it's a good idea to only look at the left side (assets) of a balance sheet, and ignore the right side (liabilities)?

Using that approach, there was a time when this study would have concluded that Allen Iverson's economic health was far superior to mine. After all, he had more assets. Who cares about liabilities?

Here's another study, that looks at state debt per capita...Massachusetts is 3rd highest, with state+local debt per citizen, of $13,000, one spot ahead of CT. So when that debt comes due, which it will soon (it's all tied to when enough Bbay Boomers are retired and looking for fat pension checks), how healthy will that state economy be?

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...nding_2016dH0C

You work in some kind of a business capacity, right? That's terrifying.

Yes sir, according to you, assets = economic health. If you have a lot of assets, that's all you need to know!

What is it with liberals, anyway? How is it, that you can convince yourself that future debt, isn't something that needs to be taken into account?
Old 08-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #12
Raven

and a famous weiner too

time to see what the Puffington Post has to say.........
Old 08-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #13
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...vable/?ref=yfp
Old 09-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #14
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://nypost.com/2016/09/01/tax-dol...eport/?ref=yfp
Old 09-02-2016, 04:48 AM   #15
wdmso

so the the invoice have no names of those mentioned in article

not a Government office: Former presidents are provided $96,600 per year by the US government for staffing expenses. The money is spent at the discretion of the ex-president. and again nothing showing any of that money came from the 96,600 of tax payers money just all suggestive reporting
Old 09-02-2016, 06:15 AM   #16
ecduzitgood
time to go

Bill Clinton has his taxpayer supported office in Hoboken and the Clinton Foundation is in NY city and Arkansas. The equipment went to the Clinton Foundation not Bills "office".
Old 09-02-2016, 09:41 AM   #17
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Bill Clinton has his taxpayer supported office in Hoboken and the Clinton Foundation is in NY city and Arkansas. The equipment went to the Clinton Foundation not Bills "office".
The blind or maybe not so blind followers will scream " prove it beyond an unreasonable doubt " . What they call "lack of evidence " those with integrity and honesty call " lack of justice". It's been happening since he was governor .
Old 09-02-2016, 11:09 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
The blind or maybe not so blind followers will scream " prove it beyond an unreasonable doubt " . What they call "lack of evidence " those with integrity and honesty call " lack of justice". It's been happening since he was governor .
You need to go all in on Vince Foster here.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:27 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:

I thought one of the many reasons America was great because people are innocent until proven Guilty ....

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution: that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Seems The right disagree they go with Feelings
Old 09-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #20
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I thought one of the many reasons America was great because people are innocent until proven Guilty ....

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution: that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Which is why just about all politicians are corrupt. It's so hard to convict them.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #21
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:

Were the Clinton's guilty of stealing from the white house when former president and sexual predator William Jefferson Clinton left the white house?
Old 09-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #22
buckman

Quote:

Anyone else would be convicted on far less .
Old 09-04-2016, 07:43 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Anyone else would be convicted on far less .
for the 39th time....I DON"T RECALL!!!!