Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 01-13-2002, 09:16 AM   #1
mrpogie

pouring plastic

Since yesterday was a little warmer I practiced my pouring in the back yard. I tested out most of the molds I have made. The fin-s fish take quite a while to cool down due to the vertical depth of the mold. If you look at the fin-s paddletails you can see what happens when they're not cool enough, the bottoms get all distorted. All in all happy with the quality but the nice part is if you don't like the way it comes out, back in the pot. ...mrpogie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	squid.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	521  

Last edited by mrpogie; 01-13-2002 at 09:20 AM..
mrpogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 09:35 AM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If you have or can make room in the freezer and it's handy, you can speed up the cooling process by popping the mold into the freezer after a pour. The best way to do it is to be working multiple molds of the same or different designs, so that by the type your done pouring the circuit, the 1st ones are ready to be pulled. They look good though and the stripers won't care they are slightly distorted.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 02:38 PM   #3
Canalratt1

They look great! I really like the fin-s-fish with the paddle tail.

Canalratt1
Canalratt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 05:37 PM   #4
jenty
Jersey Boy!

mrpogie;

to me they look flawless! Great Job! How do you guys make the molds for them. I want to try and make some 9" sluggos, some finS, and some shad. Where do I start? Thanks!

Johnny
jenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 03:29 PM   #5
Uncle Matt

MP -

Shhhhh. Ixnay on the sharingay of ideas! Two days ago I was bored so I concocted a new "thingy" for a lack of a better word. I don't think it will make it to the water though - more to the remelting pot. Let me know if you and your brother want to hook up for the Worcester show. We can check out the molds and order some large plastic. We have that show, the Wilmington show(if it's still around), and the Plymouth show. Then it's gametime huh....

"Love is like a snowmobile racing across the tundra then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
Matt Groening, Life In Hell
Uncle Matt is offline   Reply With Quote