Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2023, 08:37 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re right, the right is making political
hay out of it. That fact, doesn’t mean they’re wrong when they bring it up. Not every single thing I or foxnews says, is wrong.

Pete, is mayor adam’s wrong to be concerned? and why now? previous mayors didn’t warn that there were so many illegals s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up resources, that services would need to be cut to taxpayers. But adam’s is saying that is coming to NYC. previous mayors didn’t say “the inn is full”. But adams is saying that now.

Why now?

Maybe there’s also a politically motivated reason why the left, including you, desperately wants to avoid talking about this.

Pete, you, wayne, spence, GS, never ever ever discuss or mention anything that doesn’t paint democrats in a favorable light. Never. That means one of two things. Either all democrats are perfect, or you guys aren’t capable of honestly discussing their mistakes

Those are literally the only two choices. Which is it?

You’re blowing off the border sas a legitimate concern, becausen the left doesn’t discuss it. To you, that’s proof that it can’t be a legit issue.

except the whole point of my post is that mayor adams is a democrat, and he’s bringing it up. Foxnews didn’t force it on him. He chose to bring it up.
Don’t worry
The Republicans have control of the house and are responsible for immigration reform.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2023, 08:48 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Don’t worry
The Republicans have control of the house and are responsible for immigration reform.
You completely dodged my question. As always, when the only answer doesn't makes democrats look like gods.

Pete, what are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you just admitted that the left just has some ideas that are bad? There are hundreds of policy issues that effect us. You can't just admit that the left doesn't have the best answer on every single issue?

Keep bleating you truth like a good sheep. "Republicans are b-a-a-a-a-a-ad!!"

And you might want to take a civics class, the house doesn't get to unilaterally pass immigration laws. Laws have to be approved by the Senate and signed by POTUS. In any event, I'm not hopeful the GOP could get it right, they failed miserably on this issue when the GOP ran the whole show for Trumps first two years. Unlike you, I can admit when my side fails. Both sides stink.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-04-2023 at 08:56 AM..
Old 01-04-2023, 11:39 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You completely dodged my question. As always, when the only answer doesn't makes democrats look like gods.

Pete, what are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you just admitted that the left just has some ideas that are bad? There are hundreds of policy issues that effect us. You can't just admit that the left doesn't have the best answer on every single issue?

Keep bleating you truth like a good sheep. "Republicans are b-a-a-a-a-a-ad!!"

And you might want to take a civics class, the house doesn't get to unilaterally pass immigration laws. Laws have to be approved by the Senate and signed by POTUS. In any event, I'm not hopeful the GOP could get it right, they failed miserably on this issue when the GOP ran the whole show for Trumps first two years. Unlike you, I can admit when my side fails. Both sides stink.
Poor victim,
You ask a lot of questions

Someone needs to open an investigation into the Republican Party, to see if they have any ties to America.

Apparently you think the President initiates legislation.
Didn’t you pay attention in civics?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim,
You ask a lot of questions

Someone needs to open an investigation into the Republican Party, to see if they have any ties to America.

Apparently you think the President initiates legislation.
Didn’t you pay attention in civics?
and you dodge a lot of questions

asking questions is a pretty common way of learning. and a fun way to illustrate who is so insecure in their beliefs that they never answer.

when did i come close to saying the president initiates legislation? i said laws can’t come into existence without the president signing it, unless a veto is overridden.

you’re hearing those voices.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:43 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and you dodge a lot of questions

asking questions is a pretty common way of learning. and a fun way to illustrate who is so insecure in their beliefs that they never answer.
Well, it’s obvious you’ve got a lot to learn.

Lets Go Darwin