Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-22-2021, 09:12 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso, i’m not disputing you, just curious, do you have a link to data showing that 98% of deaths are among unvaccinated? i can’t find anything that drastic.

got my booster yesterday.

unfortunately for biden, covid deaths are up on his watch, and you wouldn’t expect that because we had no vaccine for
most of the first year, and also because you’d expect the sickest people to die first. over time, we should be left with a healthier population.

i’m not saying the increased deaths are his fault. But it happened in his watch, and he’ll get some blame. George Bush had nothing to do with the subprime mortgage crisis, but it imploded on his watch, and everyone in the left blamed him for political gain.

That’s how it goes. Politics is a contact sport, as they say. There’s all kinds of time for Biden to turn it around. But covid ( not really his fault) and inflation ( somewhat his fault as he printed trillions of dollars) are just clobbering him, and he doesn’t really have the charisma to soothe peoples concerns.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Funny 1st hit on my search?

https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/c...-unvaccinated/

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...nalysis-finds/

This was based on 1 month

Like I said Americans want instant results with out doing the work ..

But let’s be honest it’s hard to row a boat to safety when one side reuses to use an oar , they that same side is complaining we aren’t getting anywhere, than blame the Captain ?
Old 12-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Funny 1st hit on my search?

https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/c...-unvaccinated/

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...nalysis-finds/

This was based on 1 month

Like I said Americans want instant results with out doing the work ..

But let’s be honest it’s hard to row a boat to safety when one side reuses to use an oar , they that same side is complaining we aren’t getting anywhere, than blame the Captain ?
i did a search too and saw about 75% of deaths were among unvaccinated. i wasn’t doubting you.

blacks have low vaccination rates. which side are they on?
Old 12-22-2021, 09:39 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:

which side are they on?
some interesting stuff in here....

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-ma...8aArWWEALw_wcB
Old 12-22-2021, 10:17 AM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
blacks have low vaccination rates. which side are they on?
You love to beat that drum...
The rate is closing for the race disparity in vaccinations, FWIW.

From KFF.org today.
Racial disparities in vaccination rates have narrowed over time and have nearly closed for Hispanic people. Between November 29 and December 13, vaccination rates increased by 1.0 percentage points for Black people (from 50.3% to 51.3%), by 1.1 percentage points for Hispanic people (from 55.3% to 56.4%), and by 1.2 percentage points for Asian people (from 75.3% to 76.5%). In contrast, they remained roughly stable for White people (at 58%). Over the course of the vaccination rollout, differences between vaccination rates for Black, Hispanic, and White people have narrowed, and the gap between rates for White and Hispanic people has nearly closed. Between late April 2021, when most adults became eligible for vaccines across states, and December 13, 2021, the gap in vaccination rates between White and Black people fell from 14 percentage points (38% vs. 24%) to 7 percentage points (58% vs. 51%) while the difference between White and Hispanic vaccination rates decreased from 13 percentage points (38% vs. 25%) to two percentage points (58% vs. 56%)."

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-22-2021, 10:36 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
You love to beat that drum...
The rate is closing for the race disparity in vaccinations, FWIW.

From KFF.org today.
Racial disparities in vaccination rates have narrowed over time and have nearly closed for Hispanic people. Between November 29 and December 13, vaccination rates increased by 1.0 percentage points for Black people (from 50.3% to 51.3%), by 1.1 percentage points for Hispanic people (from 55.3% to 56.4%), and by 1.2 percentage points for Asian people (from 75.3% to 76.5%). In contrast, they remained roughly stable for White people (at 58%). Over the course of the vaccination rollout, differences between vaccination rates for Black, Hispanic, and White people have narrowed, and the gap between rates for White and Hispanic people has nearly closed. Between late April 2021, when most adults became eligible for vaccines across states, and December 13, 2021, the gap in vaccination rates between White and Black people fell from 14 percentage points (38% vs. 24%) to 7 percentage points (58% vs. 51%) while the difference between White and Hispanic vaccination rates decreased from 13 percentage points (38% vs. 25%) to two percentage points (58% vs. 56%)."
i don’t love to beat it, as i wish everyone was vaccinated.

but if you’re going to bash republicans for having low vaccination rates ( which is fair), you should acknowledge other demographics that also have low vaccination rates. unless all you really care about, is bashing republicans. which is obviously all that they care about. and maybe you’re in that group too, i didn’t use to think so.

“the rate is closing for race disparity.”

fine. but when that disparity was at its peak, none of the lefties here attacked blacks for having low rates, they only attacked republicans. you were among those who wouldn’t comment on it, even when that disparity was at its peak. i’m sure you did so for political
convenience. if not, what other reason is there?

so unless unvaccinated republicans pose a higher risk than unvaccinated blacks, it appears that the lefty outrage over the unvaccinated is selective and purely politically motivated, which necessarily means the outrage is fake.

I think everyone should get vaccinated. I think all of the unvaccinated ( not just those who vote differently than i do) are being selfish.l and stupid.

I really wish just one of you would
tell us what you’re afraid would happen, exactly, if you could be mildly critical of your own side when it’s warranted? Almost none of you can do it. It’s fascinating.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #6
scottw

it's amazing the obsession to classify everyone by political persuasion and color...I guess it serves a purpose

it will be interesting when they discover that the vaccine has "unintended" consequences and everyone tries to back away from it...probably blame trump for rushing a dangerous vaccine
Old 12-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's amazing the obsession to classify everyone by political persuasion and color...I guess it serves a purpose

it will be interesting when they discover that the vaccine has "unintended" consequences and everyone tries to back away from it...probably blame trump for rushing a dangerous vaccine
A conservatives favored outcome
when they discover that the vaccine has "unintended" consequences

Classic

PS when the Majority of the unvaccinated belong to a political persuasion and color..

How is that a lie or an obsession
Old 12-23-2021, 05:45 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

A conservatives favored outcome
when they discover that the vaccine has "unintended" consequences

I'm vaccinated, and most of the people I know are vaccinated...so no, this would not be a favored outcome...