Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-26-2020, 07:45 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump will no longer hold daily coronavirus propaganda briefings. A gigantic win for all Americans, and for all of humanity.
I give him 4 days before he does another, unless he can go play golf.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

99% survival rate
Better than we would’ve hoped for.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:18 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
99% survival rate
Better than we would’ve hoped for.
one death is too many, but the totals are far lower than models predicted.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:11 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump* a few weeks ago said he now expects "around 60,000, maybe 65,000" American deaths from the coronavirus. He indicates he'll proclaim any total under 100,000 as a reflection of what a great job his government did.

“A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.”

Just what rattles around in his empty head?
Old 04-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #5
Sea Dangles

Bitchslappedboy, when you tried to instill fear by spreading the modeling predictions that indicate 100,000 to 250,000 deaths it did not work. Keep ringing the bell while quick decisions save more lives.
America 1st
Old 04-27-2020, 07:28 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

MR1
Just resort to name calling because the truth upsets your narrative and unfortunately we are on our way to those numbers.
Stay safe
Old 04-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #7
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
MR1
Just resort to name calling because the truth upsets your narrative and unfortunately we are on our way to those numbers.
Stay safe
Bitchslappedboy,Your sheep are not as scared as they were a few weeks ago. You have a better chance of dying from the flu than corona.LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-27-2020, 08:17 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You must have really good eye sight, because this is far from over and this country is still in catch up mode. Testing and tracing are still far behind. No surprise your parroting the optimism Trump wants to spread in order to get the economy going. But hey you thought the hundreds of callers asking if shallowing or injecting themselves with Clorox or other disinfectants were liberal plants. It’s hard for anyone to take you seriously, I suspect the light you see is glare from the foil hat you where. On a side note, my boys report multiple EMS calls and ER trips for people with severe gastrointestinal burns after drinking the wrong stuff, that’s Boston and here on the south shore. Proving again, some people are very easily pushed in the wrong direction when they are scared and most importantly the words of the president matter. Keep the idiot away from the podium.

The FDA had to issue a warning to NOT take hydroxychloriquin and after Trumps idiotic briefing, the White House had to issue a warning for Americans to NOT consider drinking or injecting themselves with disinfectants. Two markers for where we are and when the second wave comes I wonder what miracle cure Trump might throw in the air.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You must have really good eye sight, because this is far from over and this country is still in catch up mode. Testing and tracing are still far behind. No surprise your parroting the optimism Trump wants to spread in order to get the economy going. But hey you thought the hundreds of callers asking if shallowing or injecting themselves with Clorox or other disinfectants were liberal plants. It’s hard for anyone to take you seriously, I suspect the light you see is glare from the foil hat you where. On a side note, my boys report multiple EMS calls and ER trips for people with severe gastrointestinal burns after drinking the wrong stuff, that’s Boston and here on the south shore. Proving again, some people are very easily pushed in the wrong direction when they are scared and most importantly the words of the president matter. Keep the idiot away from the podium.

The FDA had to issue a warning to NOT take hydroxychloriquin and after Trumps idiotic briefing, the White House had to issue a warning for Americans to NOT consider drinking or injecting themselves with disinfectants. Two markers for where we are and when the second wave comes I wonder what miracle cure Trump might throw in the air.
It's far from over, but most in the medical community believe we're going to fare much better than original models forecasted. There's basically a consensus on that.

"the White House had to issue a warning for Americans to NOT consider drinking or injecting themselves with disinfectants."

Because of the way that your side spun what he actually said.

Do you see a meaningful difference, between asking if something could ever be possible. and suggesting that people do it today?

It would have been better had Trump asked that in private. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with asking if something is possible, but he should have known how dishonestly your side would spin it.

And if asking if light or disinfectants could ever be a help here is so stupid to ask, why are scientists doing trials to see if disinfectants (chlorine in this case) and UV light can help? Scientists are currently exploring the same avenues that he asked about.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:40 AM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It's far from over, but most in the medical community believe we're going to fare much better than original models forecasted. There's basically a consensus on that.

"the White House had to issue a warning for Americans to NOT consider drinking or injecting themselves with disinfectants."

Because of the way that your side spun what he actually said.

Do you see a meaningful difference, between asking if something could ever be possible. and suggesting that people do it today?

It would have been better had Trump asked that in private. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with asking if something is possible, but he should have known how dishonestly your side would spin it.

And if asking if light or disinfectants could ever be a help here is so stupid to ask, why are scientists doing trials to see if disinfectants (chlorine in this case) and UV light can help? Scientists are currently exploring the same avenues that he asked about.
Our “side” heard the question on national TV and reasonable people understand that it should have never been asked, Trump meandering medical questions belong in private. Spin isn’t why the scared, or mentality ill or people just overwhelmed might drink that crap. The spin and the reporting on our “side” suggest at every turn how wrong and how dangerous that would be. The warnings were issued because they realized it was stupid and it might result in serious injury or death if followed. I get that you guys want to defend him even if he shoots someone on 5th ave, but wrong and stupid are just wrong and stupid.

To make it clear to all what a smuck he is, he claimed he was being sarcastic. So let’s for a second consider that might be true, which we all know is false, the president in a national crisis with Americans dying and suffering for months, feels sarcasm is appropriate. That walk back attempt is Trump being the low life he is.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Spun, really or was he being sarcastic?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #12
Sea Dangles

Quote:

⛑🤡🐰

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-27-2020, 08:47 AM   #13
Sea Dangles

Hydroxochloroqine is still being tested for a cure ,this time with famotidine. An ingredient in Pepcid,a heartburn medication. Keep America great!
Old 04-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Arguing with a fool have fun
Old 04-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Arguing with a fool have fun
You ignored my questions, and lobbed a vague, baseless insult instead. As we all know, that's liberalspeak for "you got me, therefore I don't want to talk about this anymore,"

Trump asked "if there was a way" to use UV lights or disinfectants to combat the virus. You said this was, in your exact words, "crazy".

But scientists also asked this question, and thought it was reasonable enough to experiment on. When scientists do this, you say it's "well and good".

Again, I can only imagine what your reaction would have been, if you heard someone say "I wonder if radioactive material can be used to help cancer patients"?

Professional scientists asked themselves the same exact question that Trump asked, and decided it was promising enough to look into.

You got pulverized here. Pulverized. That doesn't mean Trump is always right, doesn't mean he's a man of character. But your side humiliated themselves on this one issue, and showed very clearly their inability to be a little bit rational.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Arguing with a fool
You're right, I am...
Old 04-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

I can tell someone isn't a boomer.
Everyone wanted a rocket.
Lot's of people made them, though the interest actually predated JFK by a few years.

If Trump*s covid briefings were done by a training department or subcontractor for any successful business in the USA, the project manager would have been replaced.
If not after the first one, surely the second.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #18
wdmso

Trump was rambling

And that's his problem
Old 04-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump was rambling

And that's his problem
That's why I picked that word, he was rambling all over.

But nowhere, did he even come close, to suggesting that people inject disinfectant. He said that light and disinfectants can kill the virus (which is true), and then asked a doctor if there's a way to use those safely to combat the virus. It's an obvious question which would be insane not to ask.

In fact, professional scientists are ahead of Trump...they asked the same exact question, and decided it was worth finding the answer to that question.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:14 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

February 7th
Question: “Are you concerned that China is covering up the full extent of the coronavirus?”

Trump: “No.”
Old 04-28-2020, 06:59 AM   #21
Sea Dangles

Hindsight is great
No,seriously
🍔
Old 04-28-2020, 09:10 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

“Complaining” is not the same as asking why it matters if we are doing more testing than any other country if every American who wants and needs a test still can’t get one.

53 days ago on March 6th, Trump* claimed they could.

It’s fair to keep asking and leaders answer tough questions or depart.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #23
Sea Dangles

🤡
Old 04-28-2020, 05:12 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

"There is smoking gun evidence that while Donald Trump was telling Americans coronavirus would miraculously disappear, he was being briefed by his intelligence agencies about the pandemic's lethal spread and the threat it posed to American lives"

No way he knew before Congress or before he said anything, he would have paid attention, made sure there were tests and PPE, pushed for social distancing and other available measures earlier if he knew. After all as he says he is a Stable Genius, has a gut to go by and then points to head and makes circular motion.
I think he was just trying to tell us he's f'n nuts but opinions vary............

Lets Go Darwin