Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you think those two are equal, he really could shoot someone on 5th Avenue. More and more people will tell the truth or “flip” as Trump calls it.
If you think he is thought of as a desirable President by the majority of the Republican Senators you don’t understand politicians. They all know there’s more there there.
He will be Impeached and convicted in the Senate.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you dodged my question. one does that when they know they’ve backed themselves into a corner.

you stated that the difference was that biden did it ( “it” being, threatening to withhold aid to get a foreign power to do something which would benefit him politically, in the open), while trump
did it privately. your words, not mine.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you dodged my question. one does that when they know they’ve backed themselves into a corner.

you stated that the difference was that biden did it ( “it” being, threatening to withhold aid to get a foreign power to do something which would benefit him politically, in the open), while trump
did it privately. your words, not mine.
I didn't dodge your question, you just cannot accept that the Con man did anything wrong.

The difference is Trump committed Extortion, Bribery and Abuse of Power by using the money appropriated by Congress to try and get dirt on his opponent and has demonstrated consciousness of guilt by engaging in a coverup and other examples of obstruction.

Biden did his job.

Was there an attempted coverup?
Why was the file hidden in a secret server?
Why was Vindman told not to discuss the call?
Why did the OGC feel it necessary to hide the conversation?
Why was the aid released 2 days after the whistleblower report was made and very shortly after the IG went to the OGC with the report?

Then name one piece of “false information” in the whistleblower complaint. One.

Now Trump's retreat is falling back from Biden did it also, to alternative facts.

Trump's new demand that Rs falsify congressional testimony shows how his propaganda works:

1) Trump/Rs claim that witnesses testified in private collapsed

2) When transcripts show that's BS, media has moved on

3) Trump/Rs are directed to substitute a set of lies, there's a tweet for that

Now his latest idea is to threaten to shut down the Government.
Threatening that unless Congress stops impeaching you is exactly the kind of behavior one should be impeached for.

The facade and walls of the malignant narcissist deranged conman are crumbling, piece by piece.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
I didn't dodge your question, you just cannot accept that the Con man did anything wrong.

The difference is Trump committed Extortion, Bribery and Abuse of Power by using the money appropriated by Congress to try and get dirt on his opponent and has demonstrated consciousness of guilt by engaging in a coverup and other examples of obstruction.

Biden did his job.

Why was the aid released 2 days after the whistleblower report was made and very shortly after the IG went to the OGC with the report?

Now Trump's retreat is falling back from Biden did it also, to alternative facts.

Trump's new demand that Rs falsify congressional testimony shows how his propaganda works:

Threatening that unless Congress stops impeaching you is exactly the kind of behavior one should be impeached for.

The facade and walls of the malignant narcissist deranged conman are crumbling, piece by piece.
You've compiled a very impressive list of talking points. You're very good at that.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

Biden did his job.

first you dodged, now you’re
moving the goalposts. last time you said trump was only wrong because he committed his extortion behind closed doors. now you’re changing you tune.

trump and biden each extorted a foreign power to get said power to do something that would help them
politically.

you can’t make that wrong. you cannot.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
first you dodged, now you’re
moving the goalposts. last time you said trump was only wrong because he committed his extortion behind closed doors. now you’re changing you tune.

trump and biden each extorted a foreign power to get said power to do something that would help them
politically.

you can’t make that wrong. you cannot.
My tune has never changed, it's just that Trump is so corrupt that it is hard to keep track of all his egregious actions.

What benefit did Trump's employers (the people) receive for his pursuit of the investigation of Biden?
If this was of benefit to the citizens of the United States Trump's attempt to do the following things would be explained in what manner to paraphrase you as "right"? you cannot.

Why was there an attempted coverup?
Show one instance where the Trump administration was concerned about corruption that didn't involve a political opponent.

If there are correct, or noble reasons to do this it is easily explained and sunlight would show that there was no issue, however the WH is stonewalling the investigation in every way possible.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
My tune has never changed, it's just that Trump is so corrupt that it is hard to keep track of all his egregious actions.

What benefit did Trump's employers (the people) receive for his pursuit of the investigation of Biden?
If this was of benefit to the citizens of the United States Trump's attempt to do the following things would be explained in what manner to paraphrase you as "right"? you cannot.

Why was there an attempted coverup?
Show one instance where the Trump administration was concerned about corruption that didn't involve a political opponent.

If there are correct, or noble reasons to do this it is easily explained and sunlight would show that there was no issue, however the WH is stonewalling the investigation in every way possible.
the benefit we’d receive from investigating the biden’s, is the learning the truth about what they did there. if trump requested an investigation, and it turned out Biden didn’t do
anything, trump would look stupid. he had nothing to gain from a phony investigation that didn’t conclude wrongdoing.

yes you’re changing your tune.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the benefit we’d receive from investigating the biden’s, is the learning the truth about what they did there. if trump requested an investigation, and it turned out Biden didn’t do
anything, trump would look stupid. he had nothing to gain from a phony investigation that didn’t conclude wrongdoing.

yes you’re changing your tune.
I never said Trump wasn't stupid, stupidity is not a valid defense. He may get away with incompetence as a defense.

We as the government of the people, by the people, for the people investigate things all the time. We have laws, rules, regulations and people to do that and it is done every day. The FBI and CIA have no equal in the world.

Instead of learning how to manage the bureaucracy, Trump prefers to make an end-run around them. That’s what got him into trouble in Ukraine, where Rudy Giuliani was running a parallel foreign policy outside the normal channels in order to promote a conspiracy theory that the professionals in the bureaucracy refused to embrace.

Here's the link for the first two transcripts (not Memos) of witness testimony.

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/...DocumentID=757

It will all play out, though you won't read it just like the Mueller Report.

Lets Go Darwin