Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-25-2022, 02:07 AM   #361
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Biden has completely outsmarted Putin.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
is spence really posting as pete now? ...
Old 02-25-2022, 04:07 AM   #362
scottw

Quote:

I wonder if Putin underestimated just how unpopular this would be.

he's a dictator...soooo....likely not a concern
Old 02-25-2022, 04:19 AM   #363
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

It’s my hunch that what we will see is the pipeline magically aproved and then putin pulls his troops away from Ukraine.. but we shall see.

Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Nebestrodamus.....we will watch this one

ummmmm....nope
Old 02-25-2022, 06:06 AM   #364
Pete F.
Canceled

By the time this invasion is over the only two places to which Putin will ever again receive an invitation are The Hague and Mar-a-Lago.
Old 02-25-2022, 06:58 AM   #365
Nebe

Quote:
Quote:

It’s my hunch that what we will see is the pipeline magically aproved and then putin pulls his troops away from Ukraine.. but we shall see.

Nebestrodamus.....we will watch this one

ummmmm....nope

It’s not over yet.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:04 AM   #366
scottw

Quote:

It’s not over yet.
this is correct...they are about to take the Capitol...which is the opposite of

"what we will see is the pipeline magically aproved and then putin pulls his troops away from Ukraine"
Old 02-25-2022, 07:15 AM   #367
Nebe

Quote:
this is correct...they are about to take the Capitol...which is the opposite of

"what we will see is the pipeline magically aproved and then putin pulls his troops away from Ukraine"
Right. And that can still happen.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:17 AM   #368
scottw

Quote:
yeah...I think we're pretty far past that...but like brandon said.."give it a month"
Old 02-25-2022, 08:07 AM   #369
scottw

Quote:
Maybe explain the logic here. Putin threatens to and then invades Ukraine which he knows will get the approval of a pipeline that is completed, full of gas and just waiting some compliance approvals halted so that he can bargain to get it unhalted by uninvading Ukraine?
Old 02-25-2022, 08:12 AM   #370
Nebe

I’ll agree that I was wrong about threatening to invade in hopes of pipeline approval. But I’m still convinced that the pipeline was a serious play in this game. For example, Pakistan is sending someone to Moscow right now to discuss a pipeline. Wars are always about natural resources and the excuse of ancestral lands or what ever are made but it’s all about the money.

Last edited by Nebe; 02-25-2022 at 08:54 AM..
Old 02-25-2022, 09:07 AM   #371
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’ll agree that I was wrong about threatening to invade in hopes of pipeline approval. But I’m still convinced that the pipeline was a serious play in this game. For example, Pakistan is sending someone to Moscow right now to discuss a pipeline. Wars are always about natural resources and the excuse of ancestral lands or what ever are made but it’s all about the money.
I also thought he was bluffing to get the west to never let Ukraine into NATO.

But wasn't the pipeline already approved and underway, before he invaded? The one that Germany put a halt to after he invaded?
Old 02-25-2022, 09:31 AM   #372
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I also thought he was bluffing to get the west to never let Ukraine into NATO.

But wasn't the pipeline already approved and underway, before he invaded? The one that Germany put a halt to after he invaded?
Nordstram 2 is fully completed and was just waiting for formal approval.
The game oil companies play now is the build it first and then get aproval. ETP pulled this with the Dapl pipeline as well which by the way I believe a lot of the anonymous $$ sent to fund the protestors came from Russia
Old 02-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #373
scottw

Quote:
Nordstram 2 is fully completed and was just waiting for formal approval.
The game oil companies play now is the build it first and then get aproval. ETP pulled this with the Dapl pipeline as well which by the way I believe a lot of the anonymous $$ sent to fund the protestors came from Russia
so you are maintaining he invaded Ukraine to get the completed pipeline unapproved so he could retreat in order to get it approved?
Old 02-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #374
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Biden’s approval will
skyrocket. Even more when fuel costs plummet.
Jim you seem to want a leader that leads for His Poll Numbers
which is about every Republican who wants to run in 2024

Bidens not that leader He'll rip the band Aid off He tells the American people the Truth and Fuk the polls .. Doing what's right is Hard

Even Before this russian invasion. Republicans started their PlayBook

1. call your POTUS weak (they want bombs and boots on the ground they won't say aloud! and that's why Trump and his cult love Putin he's a mans mans )

2. Call the Info coming out of the white house a Hoax

3. then move to calling it Fear mongering

4. then call it wagging the dog

5. Putin does what the white house says they were going to do and they go back to weak yet offering no plan themselves

6 Conservatives blame Biden for the invasion while Trump and his inner circle heap praise on Putin

6. Next they will shift back to gas prices screaming Biden is Sanctioning Americans

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-threat-2022-2

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-p...ican-response/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=2dde72778cf9

Trump and his supporters praise Putin and dismiss Biden as crisis unfolds
A vocal group of right-leaning figures admires the Russian president for what they depict as his strength and shrewdness, while disdaining a U.S. president they dismiss as weak

a faction made up of conservative Republicans, supporters of former president Donald Trump and conservative media figures says Putin should be left alone, or even congratulated, by Americans.

Trump complimented Putin on Tuesday, saying it was a “smart move” by the Russian president to send “the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen” to the Ukraine border.

Poll: As Ukraine tensions escalate, 62% of Republicans say Putin is a 'stronger leader' than Biden

With at least 100,000 Russian troops massing on the border of Ukraine, more than 6 in 10 Republicans and GOP-leaning independents (62 percent) now say Russian President Vladimir Putin is “a stronger leader” than Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

Fewer than half as many Republicans (25 percent) decline to take sides, saying neither leader is stronger than the other.

And just 4 percent of Republicans say Biden is stronger than Putin.

it may not be the All the leadership Buts its seem to be the party as a whole ... Like I have been saying
Old 02-25-2022, 10:08 AM   #375
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

brandon's speech and speach yesterday sounded like someone deeply concerned over his poll numbers
Old 02-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #376
scottw

I was just reading that much of green, environmentally conscious Western Europe is now modernizing and turning to woodstoves to keep warm this winter....
Old 02-25-2022, 10:19 AM   #377
wdmso

I tried to see Trump's Letter on his website
Guess what I found The page you requested could not be found.
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com

Full Trump statement. Does not include condemnation of aggression, call for sanctions, or other consequences
Read attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NINTCHDBPICT000713913780.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	68756  
Old 02-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #378
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

The NS2 pipeline is a serious play on many levels:

It allowed RUS to gain massive influence, particularly on Germany, by having German Pols. Former Kanzeller Gerhardt Schröder was instrumental, and paid by Gazprom, to help push NS2 thru implementation. So much so that 3 weeks ago we was put on the board of Gazprom. Think Gazprom didn't know Putin was doing all this? Hahaha.

NS1 and NS2 would allow the European Greens, particularly Germans, to ween off destructive coal and dangerous Nuclear and use friendly RUS NatGas until they got enough solar panels that would run off moonlight. In the process they made Germany dependent on RUS, and introduce additional fractures into NATO.

This has also allowed RUS to hinder Germany's massive economy from being a primary positive member of NATO.

Remember, evil Trump had been cajoling Europe to move up to 2% of GDP FOR THEIR OWN DEFENSE. Eastern Europe has been begging for FR/DE to step up (France has, a little).

Instead, Vlad made it easy for Germany to not step up by providing security (wink) assurances and a bared teat of Natgas.

Jesus, this is like half of everything I have been saying on here for the past #^&#^&#^&#^&ing 10 years has come true - hope the other half doesn't.

Obviously there is massive amounts of leverage that VP has on Europe, for years using Natgas in winter to apply leverage on UA, Eastern Europe and a hint on Germany. In preparation for these events, for leverage, they reduced flows of gas so the reserves IN EUROPE would be minimum oncve the invasion started.

So yes, Eben, the Pipeline is a serious play in all of this, for Vlad.

This Play is NOT about natural resources. Natural Resources are a character in the Play.

The goal is to prevent a large, increasingly successful, European aligned Slavic Country from experiencing a working Democracy on Russia's doorstep, proving the Russian Autocracy a failure.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 10:22 AM   #379
wdmso

Quote:
I was just reading that much of green, environmentally conscious Western Europe is now modernizing and turning to woodstoves to keep warm this winter....
so did I How to Modernize the Wood Stove and Help Save the Planet
The humble wood stove is getting a high-tech makeover, and may be going green

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innov...net-180957866/

to Bad its from 2016
Old 02-25-2022, 10:39 AM   #380
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
which is about every Republican who wants to run in 2024

Bidens not that leader He'll rip the band Aid off He tells the American people the Truth and Fuk the polls .. Doing what's right is Hard

Even Before this russian invasion. Republicans started their PlayBook

1. call your POTUS weak (they want bombs and boots on the ground they won't say aloud! and that's why Trump and his cult love Putin he's a mans mans )

2. Call the Info coming out of the white house a Hoax

3. then move to calling it Fear mongering

4. then call it wagging the dog

5. Putin does what the white house says they were going to do and they go back to weak yet offering no plan themselves

6 Conservatives blame Biden for the invasion while Trump and his inner circle heap praise on Putin

6. Next they will shift back to gas prices screaming Biden is Sanctioning Americans

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-threat-2022-2

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-p...ican-response/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=2dde72778cf9

Trump and his supporters praise Putin and dismiss Biden as crisis unfolds
A vocal group of right-leaning figures admires the Russian president for what they depict as his strength and shrewdness, while disdaining a U.S. president they dismiss as weak

a faction made up of conservative Republicans, supporters of former president Donald Trump and conservative media figures says Putin should be left alone, or even congratulated, by Americans.

Trump complimented Putin on Tuesday, saying it was a “smart move” by the Russian president to send “the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen” to the Ukraine border.

Poll: As Ukraine tensions escalate, 62% of Republicans say Putin is a 'stronger leader' than Biden

With at least 100,000 Russian troops massing on the border of Ukraine, more than 6 in 10 Republicans and GOP-leaning independents (62 percent) now say Russian President Vladimir Putin is “a stronger leader” than Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

Fewer than half as many Republicans (25 percent) decline to take sides, saying neither leader is stronger than the other.

And just 4 percent of Republicans say Biden is stronger than Putin.

it may not be the All the leadership Buts its seem to be the party as a whole ... Like I have been saying
"Bidens not that leader He'll rip the band Aid off He tells the American people the Truth"

He said the following pearls of truth...Republicans want to put blacks back in chains, he was arrested with Nelson Mandela, he beat up an armed drug kingpin named Corn Pop, he used to drive an 18 wheeler, he said we have a duty to believe all women accusers, then he was accused and said "don't believe this one", he promised to cure cancer, got caught plagiarizing, how many do you want?

Biden isn't a constant liar like Trump, but he's a loooooong way from being truthful.

"call your POTUS weak "

What if he is weak? Can't you say it?

"more than 6 in 10 Republicans and GOP-leaning independents (62 percent) now say Russian President Vladimir Putin is “a stronger leader” than Joe Biden"

Listen carefully...Putin is far, far, far stronger than Biden is capable of ever being again. It's not even close. That doesn't mean I'm saying Putin is a better person. Putin deserves to be executed for what he's doing. Joe Biden is a far better person than Putin. But a much weaker leader. When Biden speaks, people point and laugh. He's weak and feeble. We knew that before the election.

You're equating strong with good, just to make republicans look bad.

Biden is laughably weak and uninspiring. We elected a president with dementia. Nobody, anywhere, is intimidated by Biden. That doesn't mean he's incapable of being a great president. It means he isn't going to get respect of bloodthirsty tyrants like Putin.

Putin didn't roll into Ukraine because of Bidens strength.

Strong isn't anywhere near the same as good. In some cases strong is good. Not always.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:52 AM   #381
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Obviously there is massive amounts of leverage that VP has on Europe, for years using Natgas in winter to apply leverage on UA, Eastern Europe and a hint on Germany. In preparation for these events, for leverage, they reduced flows of gas so the reserves IN EUROPE would be minimum once the invasion started.
I think China was keeping busy yesterday....it's all about opportunity for the bad guys

Biden: OPEC And Russia Must Pump More Oil To Help America's Working Class
Editor OilPrice.com
November 1, 2021
Old 02-25-2022, 11:05 AM   #382
JohnR

Quote:
I think China was keeping busy yesterday....it's all about opportunity for the bad guys

Biden: OPEC And Russia Must Pump More Oil To Help America's Working Class
Editor OilPrice.com
November 1, 2021

Look at what China and RUS have done with Corn, Fertilizer (potash), and Wheat contracts for the past few months. They are joined at the hip, this is a coordinated attack against the West.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 11:12 AM   #383
scottw

Quote:

this is a coordinated attack against the West.
yup...
Old 02-25-2022, 11:18 AM   #384
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
yup...
Been years in the making too…

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-25-2022, 11:40 AM   #385
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Been years in the making too…

Hey, at least the adults are in charge now that the 80s Foreign Policy came calling.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 11:53 AM   #386
Jim in CT

Quote:
Hey, at least the adults are in charge now that the 80s Foreign Policy came calling.
that was just so witty when Obama said that!
Old 02-25-2022, 11:58 AM   #387
Pete F.
Canceled

No doubt the guy who tried to extort the Ukrainian president by withholding vital military aid and peddled Russian propaganda in the process would have stood up to Putin and prevented this war.

Putin didn’t need war to try to destabilize the West because he had Trump to do it.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:08 PM   #388
detbuch

Quote:
No doubt the guy who tried to extort the Ukrainian president by withholding vital military aid and peddled Russian propaganda in the process would have stood up to Putin and prevented this war.

Putin didn’t need war to try to destabilize the West because he had Trump to do it.
The Ukrainian President said he was not extorted, the military aid was given withing the allowed time period, and the West has been gradually destabilizing itself well before Trump. Trump tried to put a little muscle back into NATO which prompted the lie that he weakened NATO.

You're a critical theory type liar who willfully uses any means, including repeated bald-faced lies, to defeat who you oppose.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:10 PM   #389
Pete F.
Canceled

For a moment, just contemplate the difference in moral character between the two men on the so-called "perfect" phone call.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:11 PM   #390
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump impeached after freezing $400 million in military aid to Ukraine during "perfect" phone call.
Trump says Ukraine crisis would not have happened if he were still president.
Trump said Crimea is part of Russia, not Ukraine.
Trump praised Putin actions as "genius" and "savvy."