Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2022, 11:03 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Stacey Abrams blames children for inflation concerns

An exact quote for what this pathetic lunatic said on MSNBC, when she was discussing abortion...

having children is why you’re worried about your price for gas. It’s why you’re concerned about how much food costs

If it weren't for those lousy and disposable kids, we wouldn't care about once-in-40-year-inflation.

It's demonic. It's also stupid, because as usual with liberals, she's pretending that adoption isn't a perfectly viable alternative.

Nobody has to raise babies. Nobody.

Pray this is her "depolrables and irredeemable" moment and it not only costs her the election, but kills Warnock in the down ballot vote too.

Sick. She's sick. And she's considered a rising star.

Killing babies in the womb is the way to counter inflation. Man, oh, man...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-20-2022 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-20-2022, 01:18 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Typical Jim, cherry pick a snippet of the interview, thereby loosing the context of that segment of the interview. I’d say I’m shocked, but Jim always does what he constantly accuses the left posters of doing; posting only what serves your narrative.
Old 10-20-2022, 01:30 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Typical Jim, cherry pick a snippet of the interview, thereby loosing the context of that segment of the interview. I’d say I’m shocked, but Jim always does what he constantly accuses the left posters of doing; posting only what serves your narrative.
so tell me what the context was, and how that context makes it a less satanic thing to say.

i love it when liberals say “ you missed the context”, but don’t correct it. which probably means i didn’t actually miss the context, you just don’t know what else to say.

the context was abortion. they were talking about abortion. There are arguments to make in favor of abortion. But not this.

Inflation is a big losing issue for democrats, so Abrams was trying to connect it to what’s a winning issue, abortion.

It’s not out of context to say that abrams claims inflation is less of an issue if we have more abortions. that’s what she was saying. there’s no context you can put that in, to make her intent any different. and it’s gross.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-20-2022 at 02:31 PM..
Old 10-20-2022, 02:52 PM   #4
wdmso

Jim quoting the Washington examiner again

Stacey Abrams's closing argument: Weather inflation by aborting all your children

Let’s be clear, having children is why you’re worried about your price for gas. It’s why you’re worried about how much food costs. For women, this is not a reductive issue. You can’t divorce being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy from the economic realities of having a child.”

Jim you clearly don’t have the capacity to think on your own ?

I also heard Tom Brady compared foot ball to military deployments

Till you read what he actually said

I almost look at like a football season like you’re going away on deployment

Key word almost
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-20-2022, 03:15 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim quoting the Washington examiner again

Stacey Abrams's closing argument: Weather inflation by aborting all your children

Let’s be clear, having children is why you’re worried about your price for gas. It’s why you’re worried about how much food costs. For women, this is not a reductive issue. You can’t divorce being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy from the economic realities of having a child.”

Jim you clearly don’t have the capacity to think on your own ?

I also heard Tom Brady compared foot ball to military deployments

Till you read what he actually said

I almost look at like a football season like you’re going away on deployment

Key word almost
Where did I quote the Washington Examiner?

You're saying she didn't say those exact words?

Here's she is on youtube, go to the 4:30 mark. I quoted her exactly.

What does the Washington Examiner have to do with this? Why did you bring them into this? As a distraction?

Tell us what Abrams actually said, please.

She's saying abortion is a major economic issue because women can't affords to raise those children. Why can't they give them up for adoption?

Have fun dodging those simple questions, for which you have no answer.

She's a big, fat, stupid, lying, evil excuse for a woman, and she's likely going to lose, again. The only question is whether or not she's so bad, she takes Warnock down with her.

More abortions to lessen the worry of inflation. Christ almighty you're defending that.

Old 10-20-2022, 03:25 PM   #6
PaulS

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...lation-1753318

Two political experts told Newsweek that politicians often take comments from the opposing party out of context to use as warfare during an election. Thomas Hollihan, a media and politics professor at the University of Southern California, told Newsweek that "gotcha moments" can influence an election, especially when some voters are still undecided.

"We have [voters] who are less partisan and vote in some races and not in others," Hollihan said. "These voters are quite candidly people who decide close races. Because they are not closely following politics, 'gotcha moments' can be things that are easily memorable to them. They are more easily motivated to vote against a candidate than to vote for a candidate.

"Playing 'gotcha' politics increases negative suspicions about someone, therefore it's a very common strategy," Hollihan added. "That's why debates these days tend to focus on gaffs rather than politics."

Hollihan said he believes Abrams didn't intend to imply abortion could solve inflation. Rather, he said she implied women without resources may take the economy into consideration when deciding to have a child.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:50 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Hollihan said he believes Abrams didn't intend to imply abortion could solve inflation. Rather, he said she implied women without resources may take the economy into consideration when deciding to have a child.
Isn’t this obvious?
Old 10-20-2022, 04:41 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...lation-1753318

Two political experts told Newsweek that politicians often take comments from the opposing party out of context to use as warfare during an election. Thomas Hollihan, a media and politics professor at the University of Southern California, told Newsweek that "gotcha moments" can influence an election, especially when some voters are still undecided.

"We have [voters] who are less partisan and vote in some races and not in others," Hollihan said. "These voters are quite candidly people who decide close races. Because they are not closely following politics, 'gotcha moments' can be things that are easily memorable to them. They are more easily motivated to vote against a candidate than to vote for a candidate.

"Playing 'gotcha' politics increases negative suspicions about someone, therefore it's a very common strategy," Hollihan added. "That's why debates these days tend to focus on gaffs rather than politics."

so you’ll
ignore what she actually said, and judge her i. what some idiot claims she meant to say.

i never said that she claimed abortions would lessen inflation. What she explicitly said, is that abortions would lessen the concerns over inflation. it that more abortions would lower inflation, but more abortions would make inflation easier to deal with

who cares what some guy claims she actually meant to say?
Old 10-20-2022, 04:44 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Isn’t this obvious?
that’s obvious. but it ain’t what she said. she said the existence of children are why we worry about inflation.

If women can’t afford to raise a baby, how come liberals never, ever mention abortion as a viable, and less infanticide-like, option?
Old 10-20-2022, 05:02 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Where did I quote the Washington Examiner?

You're saying she didn't say those exact words?

Here's she is on youtube, go to the 4:30 mark. I quoted her exactly.

Once aging your response is modicum

What does the Washington Examiner have to do with this? Why did you bring them into this? As a distraction?

Tell us what Abrams actually said, please.

She's saying abortion is a major economic issue because women can't affords to raise those children. Why can't they give them up for adoption?

Have fun dodging those simple questions, for which you have no answer.

She's a big, fat, stupid, lying, evil excuse for a woman, and she's likely going to lose, again. The only question is whether or not she's so bad, she takes Warnock down with her.

More abortions to lessen the worry of inflation. Christ almighty you're defending that.

Classic you jump right to misogyny as a defense

Christ almighty you're defending that.

Nope Jim I am saying your making crap up again . And taking your marching orders from right wing media ..

Question. how is pointing out what you posted . That just happens to be exactly posting what the Washington examiner a deflection? Of what exactly
Old 10-20-2022, 05:09 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Classic you jump right to misogyny as a defense

Christ almighty you're defending that.

Nope Jim I am saying your making crap up again . And taking your marching orders from right wing media ..

Question. how is pointing out what you posted . That just happens to be exactly posting what the Washington examiner a deflection? Of what exactly
"Classic you jump right to misogyny as a defense"

Do you know what misogyny is? When did i do that?

"Nope Jim I am saying your making crap up again"

I posted an exact quote of what she said, and a video clip of her saying it. That's all I did. You're bending over backwards trying to change the reality of what she said.

She'd going down, and you're coming unglued as a result, because like all liberals, you have no ability to accept or process, that which doesn't go your way.

She said children are the reason why we worry about gas prices and food prices. That's what she said, and she was talking about abortion when she said it. . The ugliness and stupidity of that statement is on her, not on me, and it's going to cost her. I hope she runs for president in 2024, I really do.

I posted what she said. If you don't like it, that's between you and her, not between you and me.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:16 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim stretching hard on this one, because he refuses to look at the entire interview and the total context. The point she made doesn’t fit his narrative and it’s time for Jim to double down, triple down and beat that horse to death, it’s good fun for those (most of us) that know how Jim spins.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:23 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim stretching hard on this one, because he refuses to look at the entire interview and the total context. The point she made doesn’t fit his narrative and it’s time for Jim to double down, triple down and beat that horse to death, it’s good fun for those (most of us) that know how Jim spins.
in which listing an exact quote and a video of her speaking the exact words i attributed to her, is “stretching hard”.

the point she made fits my narrative perfectly, specifically that progressive liberalism is a ghoulish, satanic, mental disease.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:51 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
in which listing an exact quote and a video of her speaking the exact words i attributed to her, is “stretching hard”.

the point she made fits my narrative perfectly, specifically that progressive liberalism is a ghoulish, satanic, mental disease.
Wow you really are out there, did you show up at pizza gate to stop the child trafficking the left is doing. I seriously can’t get why anyone attempts to debate anything with you, crazy as crazy gets. But I do get a chuckle and at the same time concern that there are far right nuts thinking just like that.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:34 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Isn’t this obvious?
the obvious question is, why do democrats hate children?....

maybe Newsweek can locate two "experts" to explain this phenomenon
Old 10-21-2022, 06:10 AM   #16
Jim in CT

the woman who says she only lost because of racism ( in a state with record black voter turnout every election) and who would
slaughter the unborn to reduce economic anxiety ( let’s kill
babies if it makes our lives easier!! hooray!) is falling further and further behind. Hopefully she’s sufficiently toxic to bring the saintly Warnock ( gets an annual $84,000 housing allowance from his church while people get evicted from a complex his church owns for being behind $200 in rent) down with her, and she can join Beto Oroarke in the ash heap of future DNC stars turned losers.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-21-2022 at 06:30 AM..
Old 10-21-2022, 06:14 AM   #17
scottw

"A conservative group is trying to recruit thousands of police officers to work as poll monitors on Election Day—and reaching out to QAnon conspiracy theorists to aid in its recruitment effort."

I wonder why the FBI hasn't raided Qanon's home yet????
Old 10-21-2022, 06:36 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow you really are out there, did you show up at pizza gate to stop the child trafficking the left is doing. I seriously can’t get why anyone attempts to debate anything with you, crazy as crazy gets. But I do get a chuckle and at the same time concern that there are far right nuts thinking just like that.
so let’s not debate. just watch the video of what she said.

I’m no conspiracy nut, i believe trump lost fair and square. And i believe abrams said what’s on the video. if you want to claim that she didn’t say what the video clearly
shows that she said, i’d suggest you’re the one who’s irrational, not me.

Look, I get it, you guys all hate what she said, because it makes your side look satanic. And not one of you is capable of saying “boy that wasn’t a great thing to say on national tv”, so you make it about me. It’s what you all do , every single time. Fortunately the polls show that voters are judging her on what she actually says and does, not based on your whitewashed spun version of what you wish she had said.

Hard to deny what’s on video. You’ll still deny it, amazingly, and it’s something to watch, it really is.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:43 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
just tell me what i really stretched the facts on. during a segment on abortion, Abrams said having children is why people are concerned about the cost of gas and food.

you don’t think it’s stupid to say that childless people have no legitimate reason to be concerned about inflation? Childless people are immune from the harmful effects of this inflation?

and justifying abortion as a means to avoid the effects of inflation? you think that’s a nice thing to suggest?

“vote for democrats, because the republicans won’t support your right to slaughter your unborn baby for the purposes of alleviating economic concerns.”

have liberals never heard of adoption? Abrams keeps saying that pro lifers want to force women into a lifetime of poverty due to the demands of motherhood. Are none of you aware that these mothers can avoid all the financial hardships of raising a child, by putting it up for adoption?
Old 10-21-2022, 07:23 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

so let’s not debate. just watch the video of what she said.

yup...it was in the context of being forced to keep a baby....if you are forced to keep your baby inflation will affect you more or something like that...

but a governor has the ability to provide all sorts of handouts to make people's lives better...she followed
Old 10-21-2022, 07:26 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yup...it was in the context of being forced to keep a baby....if you are forced to keep your baby inflation will affect you more or something like that...

but a governor has the ability to provide all sorts of handouts to make people's lives better...she followed
Will be interesting to see what happens with the GA governor and senate race, will they split the ticket?