Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-19-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
wdmso

If the gop win the midterms

As expected if the GOP wins the midterms here is their plan

The GOP lawmakers are getting set to look at a number of issues including Hunter Biden's business dealings, the southern border and the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

and are already planning to expand their oversight goals beyond the administration and investigate the Democrats' formation of the Jan. 6 select committee and the origins of COVID-19,

Of course Jan 6th committee on the list ! as they more upset with those defending American democratic process Then they are with the man who tried to destroy it.

Revengeful cowards just feeding their gutless gullible base !

Absent from their list

Inflation, the economy, , gas prices all things that would benefit all Americans…. But they can’t allow that to happen prior to a presidential elections ! For fear Democratic’s may be seen as the cause and get credit . So they will happily sit back and watch Americans suffer
Old 07-19-2022, 07:56 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

What Trumplicans mean by “small government” is just that they want the federal (“big”) government to stop interfering with what state and local (“small”) government wants to do. They do not want fewer restrictions on liberties, they just want to be in charge of them.
But at the same time if they could get a federal abortion law or some other federal laws passed that they support, they would do it. As far as restrictions on liberties, they just want control of which liberty to restrict.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-19-2022, 09:01 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But at the same time if they could get a federal abortion law or some other federal laws passed that they support, they would do it.
So you felt the need to point out, that if the GOP wins, they will advocate for conservative ideals.

Did you come up with that all by yourself? Or did someone with a PhD in political science explain it to you?

The GOP is going to win the house. Senate will be much tougher because the democrats got very lucky with which 33 seats are up.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:03 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
As expected if the GOP wins the midterms here is their plan

The GOP lawmakers are getting set to look at a number of issues including Hunter Biden's business dealings, the southern border and the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

and are already planning to expand their oversight goals beyond the administration and investigate the Democrats' formation of the Jan. 6 select committee and the origins of COVID-19,

Of course Jan 6th committee on the list ! as they more upset with those defending American democratic process Then they are with the man who tried to destroy it.

Revengeful cowards just feeding their gutless gullible base !

Absent from their list

Inflation, the economy, , gas prices all things that would benefit all Americans…. But they can’t allow that to happen prior to a presidential elections ! For fear Democratic’s may be seen as the cause and get credit . So they will happily sit back and watch Americans suffer
The GOP has no plan on gas?

Yes they do. Here it is. Drill, drill, drill.

"Inflation, the economy, , gas prices all things that would benefit all Americans…"

If these are things that would benefit all Americans, and the democrats control the white house and congress, then why isn't the left doing anything to address those things?
Old 07-19-2022, 11:19 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim as usual is repeating what he hears and the GQP has no plan

Why drill when you can make as much or more without the risk?
Apparently he thinks corporations are either under the control of the government or stupid.

Investors have demanded that producers maintain capital discipline and grow volumes modestly. Returns have taken priority over growth. Up until recently, a producer planning to significantly grow production volumes would likely have been punished by investors. However, that sentiment may be changing with oil prices where they are and the potential need to replace Russian barrels on the global market.

The geopolitical situation and oil price level may give US producers a license to grow volumes more meaningfully. It takes time for producers to respond to prices, though, and the price signal was not strong enough for E&Ps to potentially veer from their plans for moderate growth until recently. Private producers have been able to ramp upstream activity more meaningfully given that they do not have to answer to a public investor base.”
Old 07-19-2022, 11:27 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So you felt the need to point out, that if the GOP wins, they will advocate for conservative ideals.

Did you come up with that all by yourself? Or did someone with a PhD in political science explain it to you?

The GOP is going to win the house. Senate will be much tougher because the democrats got very lucky with which 33 seats are up.
The GQP will gladly take away all the gains Americans have made in the past 50 years.

Dems/Repubs for 50 years
Stock Market Return: R - 109%, Dem - 992%
Total jobs created: R - 24M, Dem - 42M
Income growth: R - 0.6%, Dem - 2.2%
GDP: R - 2.7%, Dem - 4.1%

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-19-2022, 12:12 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
The GOP has no plan on gas?

Yes they do. Here it is. Drill, drill, drill.

"Inflation, the economy, , gas prices all things that would benefit all Americans…"

If these are things that would benefit all Americans, and the democrats control the white house and congress, then why isn't the left doing anything to address those things?
Classic no sense response Drill Drill drill

So you still haven’t accepted government doesn’t control oil production . And private companies can drill to their hearts content

Like I said gullible
Old 07-19-2022, 12:21 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

So you still haven’t accepted government doesn’t control oil production . And private companies can drill to their hearts content

Like I said gullible
pricing for gas is largely speculative. Meaning, if the market speculates a president will
drill like crazy, that will
push down prices.

I’m sure you know tons and tons about finance and economics.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:28 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:

So you still haven’t accepted government doesn’t control oil production .
the feds and the EPA play no role at all? What happened to the a keystone Pipeline, the private business decided on their own to shut it down?
Old 07-19-2022, 12:43 PM   #10
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
pricing for gas is largely speculative. Meaning, if the market speculates a president will
drill like crazy, that will
push down prices.
Maybe for crude oil.
Will the next POTUS mandate a drilling target? How about a requirement to use the previously allocated permits before they open some sensitive federal areas?
Limit exports of oil drilled in the US?
Increase refining capacity? That seems to be the bottleneck (down ~1 mil a day or so since COVID) on gas prices right now (and why prices for gas/diesel are higher compared to previous times oil/barrel was at a similar price point).

Exxon et al.,'s profits are pretty dandy right now. I don't see them making the investments in refining (and no, it isn't a call to make it state controlled energy)...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 07-19-2022, 01:07 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Not as easy as Jim would have you believe and I also believe oil from overseas is far easier to refine than our domestic oil.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:23 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Not as easy as Jim would have you believe and I also believe oil from overseas is far easier to refine than our domestic oil.
i didn’t say it was easy. But it’s not all Putin’s fault either, and america knows the administration is lying when they say it’s all putin’s fault.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:44 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The GQP will gladly take away all the gains Americans have made in the past 50 years.

Dems/Repubs for 50 years
Stock Market Return: R - 109%, Dem - 992%
Total jobs created: R - 24M, Dem - 42M
Income growth: R - 0.6%, Dem - 2.2%
GDP: R - 2.7%, Dem - 4.1%
this is why the bluest states have the lowest taxes yet all have big surpluses, right Pete?

Biden didn't create all these jobs. We reopened the economy after we chose to shut it down.

If Biden owns the drop in unemployment that happened on his watch, he also owns the changes in inflation, gas prices, crime, illegal border crossings on is watch.

Pete, you can't say he caused all the good things but bears zero responsibility for the bad things. Well, you can say it, the entire left says it...but America isn't buying it.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:42 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
this is why the bluest states have the lowest taxes yet all have big surpluses, right Pete?

Biden didn't create all these jobs. We reopened the economy after we chose to shut it down.

If Biden owns the drop in unemployment that happened on his watch, he also owns the changes in inflation, gas prices, crime, illegal border crossings on is watch.

Pete, you can't say he caused all the good things but bears zero responsibility for the bad things. Well, you can say it, the entire left says it...but America isn't buying it.
I think you missed his point and since I know Pete is a research ninja, I will assume his figures for the past 50 years are somewhat accurate. You are talking a couple years, trends don't happen in a couple years, why not respond to the trend he pointed out?

You I'm certain can agree that had covid not happened and Trump still lost to Biden due to his POS moral compass, you couldn't predict how Biden might have faired. The flip side might also be true, but in light of Trumps rapid quest to hold onto power, I don't think this country (other than the cult members) would have done all that well.

Carry on gentlemen.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think you missed his point and since I know Pete is a research ninja, I will assume his figures for the past 50 years are somewhat accurate. You are talking a couple years, trends don't happen in a couple years, why not respond to the trend he pointed out?

You I'm certain can agree that had covid not happened and Trump still lost to Biden due to his POS moral compass, you couldn't predict how Biden might have faired. The flip side might also be true, but in light of Trumps rapid quest to hold onto power, I don't think this country (other than the cult members) would have done all that well.

Carry on gentlemen.
if his stats were correct, blue states would be swimming in surpluses and republicans couldn’t get elected to any office.

you can assume he’s right all
day long.

Can you tell me by what logic you’d give biden credit for the drop in unemployment that he presided over, but claim he has no responsibility for the many awful things that he’s presided over?

i didnt miss any point. Look at the financial
health of blue states. And i don’t mean the financial health of the people who live there. I mean the financial health of the actual state.

Which states are people
fleeing, which states are they fleeing to?
Old 07-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:

Carry on gentlemen.
i’ve said many times, regardless of who won in 2020, gas prices were going to go up, inflation was going to increase, and unemployment was going to drop like a rock.

The entire left is saying biden caused unemployment to drop and has no responsibility over anything that got worse. America ain’t buying it.

you say the country wouldn’t have done well if trump
won. Based on what? In 2020, a record
number of people
said they were better off after 4 years of trump, no other president scored as high, ever. Never. That means something, even if you happen to hate what it means.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:15 PM   #17
PaulS

Red states have lower taxes but Blue states are better in almost every other category. I wonder how much worse off those red states would be in there wasn't a transfer of wealth from the blue states?

After the 2016 election, Mark Muro, the policy director of the Brookings Institution’s Metropolitan Policy Project, found that the 472 counties Hillary Clinton won produced 64% of the country’s economic output, while the 2,584 counties Donald Trump won contributed just 36%. That was a significant jump from the 2000 election, when the blue-red county economic split was 54% to 46%. Muro dubbed this divide “high-output America” vs. “low-output America.”
Last year, after Biden defeated Trump, Muro looked again and found that the economic output divide has grown even more pronounced. The 520 counties Biden won account for fully 71% of U.S. gross domestic product, while the 2,564 that Trump carried produced just 29%. In other words, America’s economic engine is bluer than ever.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:33 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Red states have lower taxes but Blue states are better in almost every other category. I wonder how much worse off those red states would be in there wasn't a transfer of wealth from the blue states?

After the 2016 election, Mark Muro, the policy director of the Brookings Institution’s Metropolitan Policy Project, found that the 472 counties Hillary Clinton won produced 64% of the country’s economic output, while the 2,584 counties Donald Trump won contributed just 36%. That was a significant jump from the 2000 election, when the blue-red county economic split was 54% to 46%. Muro dubbed this divide “high-output America” vs. “low-output America.”
Last year, after Biden defeated Trump, Muro looked again and found that the economic output divide has grown even more pronounced. The 520 counties Biden won account for fully 71% of U.S. gross domestic product, while the 2,564 that Trump carried produced just 29%. In other words, America’s economic engine is bluer than ever.
if blue states are better in ways that people actually cared about, people
would be moving to blue states instead of fleeing them.

You have self-serving theory. I have hard,,irrefutable, meaningful facts.

You’re right, the wealthy are almost all democrat now. That changed very quickly. When the wealthy were all conservative,,liberals said it was bad to cater to the rich. all of. sudden it’s a good thing.

Lower income working people
loved trump. Loved him. You obviously think that’s a bad thing. which seems elitist. but whatever.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:39 PM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
if blue states are better in ways that people actually cared about, people
would be moving to blue states instead of fleeing them.

You have self-serving theory. I have hard,,irrefutable, meaningful facts.

You’re right, the wealthy are almost all democrat now. That changed very quickly. When the wealthy were all conservative,,liberals said it was bad to cater to the rich. all of. sudden it’s a good thing.

Lower income working people
loved trump. Loved him. You obviously think that’s a bad thing. which seems elitist. but whatever.
In addition to retirees it is prob. the people who can't compete in the blues states who are moving.

I think lower income people loved Trump bc he talked and acted like a foul mouthed goon who didn't care who he insulted. I guess that is elitist.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:18 PM   #20
scottw

[QUOTE=PaulS;1229567]In addition to retirees it is prob. the people who can't compete in the blues states who are moving.

/QUOTE]

Maybe the are sick of elitists in skinny 👖
Old 07-19-2022, 04:24 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
In addition to retirees it is prob. the people who can't compete in the blues states who are moving.

I think lower income people loved Trump bc he talked and acted like a foul mouthed goon who didn't care who he insulted. I guess that is elitist.
Can’t debate Jim on that one, he has hung his hat on people moving in droves to red states. The problem is he just doesn’t understand it’s not about politics. I’d love to move to FL for half the year, it’s not about politics, tax rates, it’s about marine life, fishing, atmosphere and warmth in the winter. Hey Jim if FL, which you love to use as an example, suddenly was transported next to Montana, would we me moving there in droves?
Old 07-19-2022, 04:43 PM   #22
scottw

Quote:

Hey Jim if FL, which you love to use as an example, suddenly was transported next to Montana, would we me moving there in droves?
Montana is apparently experiencing large population growth.

Washington Post. Population booms are overwhelming schools in Montana
The rapid growth in and around Bozeman, Mont., threatens the reputation — and sustainability — of its public schools

By Neal Morton
May 13, 2022

The 2021 population estimates indicate that migration was by far the most significant population driver for Montana in the year following the 2020 census. Without it, Montana's population would have shrunk,

Last edited by scottw; 07-19-2022 at 04:48 PM..
Old 07-19-2022, 04:49 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Montana is apparently experiencing large population growth.

Washington Post. Population booms are overwhelming schools in Montana
The rapid growth in and around Bozeman, Mont., threatens the reputation — and sustainability — of its public schools

By Neal Morton
May 13, 2022

Perfect place for you and Jim, check in once in a while and don’t freeze during the winter.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:50 PM   #24
scottw

Quote:
Perfect place for you and Jim, check in once in a while and don’t freeze during the winter.
Brilliant response….
Old 07-19-2022, 05:07 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Brilliant response….
What I should respond to your nonsense, suggesting a former president who might likely be charged, is going to become king forever? Only Trumpets or far right nuts believe that criminal could possibly run and win again, which are you?
Old 07-19-2022, 05:45 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
What I should respond to your nonsense, suggesting a former president who might likely be charged, is going to become king forever? Only Trumpets or far right nuts believe that criminal could possibly run and win again, which are you?
more brilliance...
Old 07-19-2022, 06:03 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Can’t debate Jim on that one, he has hung his hat on people moving in droves to red states. The problem is he just doesn’t understand it’s not about politics. I’d love to move to FL for half the year, it’s not about politics, tax rates, it’s about marine life, fishing, atmosphere and warmth in the winter. Hey Jim if FL, which you love to use as an example, suddenly was transported next to Montana, would we me moving there in droves?
so it’s all the losers leaving red states. i’m sure that’s the case.

if it’s not politically related, how come no one lives to southern CA, which also has warmth and water?

I’ll wait for your response. Can’t wait.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:05 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:

so it’s all the losers leaving red states.

clearly...
Old 07-19-2022, 06:24 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
so it’s all the losers leaving red states. i’m sure that’s the case.

if it’s not politically related, how come no one lives to southern CA, which also has warmth and water?

I’ll wait for your response. Can’t wait.

Keep up the fantasy’s

The Government controls how much oil is pumped

And everyone moving to Florida because it’s political

And no one is moving to Southern California

You need to get out of your bubble it’s not healthy

Ps when are you moving to your conservatives utopia Florida?
Old 07-19-2022, 06:26 PM   #30
scottw

you know you are bad when...

A new poll conducted by SSRS and released yesterday by CNN puts Joe Biden’s approval rating at a dismal 38 per cent. To put that in perspective, the president’s numbers are worse than every other president since the second half of the 20th century, even clocking in one point lower than Donald Trump around July 2018.