Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-09-2022, 08:52 AM   #1
wdmso

Odd view of Democracy

Donald Trump has warned Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis against running for president in 2024, saying doing so would harm the Republican Party.
He also threatened to release unflattering information about the 44-year-old, without providing details.

America 1st my arse !

Trumps all in on opposition research Unless it’s about Him?
Old 11-09-2022, 03:11 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Donald Trump has warned Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis against running for president in 2024, saying doing so would harm the Republican Party.
He also threatened to release unflattering information about the 44-year-old, without providing details.

America 1st my arse !

That’s funny, nobody has hurt the GOP more than Trump.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:20 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
That’s funny, nobody has hurt the GOP more than Trump.
in 2022, probably. . overall? nope. Nobody else had a prayer against hilary.

look at where the gop was after he lost in 2020, and where they are right now. compared to what the democrats looked like after obama? not even close.

trump pulled off an absolute miracle in 2016. for sure, now it’s time for him to go. he’s of non use anymore. he’s very toxic.

but i’m sad to say he’s probably running. no chance of winning. biden would beat him again.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-09-2022 at 04:22 PM..
Old 11-09-2022, 04:05 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

You can’t blame it all on Trump, it appears that when a party promises to take away women's civil rights, when they promise to take away peoples' Social Security benefits, when they refuse to lower prescription prices, when they mock transgender people, and when they vote against lowering gas prices, they lose.
Unless they’ve desanctimoniously moved to Floriduh.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-10-2022, 03:52 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

but i’m sad to say he’s probably running. no chance of winning. biden would beat him again.
don't be sad....the mid-term results, had the tsunami occurred would have made it very hard for brandon to run in 2024 and would have solidified trumpster as the gop candidate...as it stands, the gop will control the house and the hearings can commence, they may control the senate, we'll have to see, it will make it very difficult for trump to have momentum, I heard some of his most ardent supporters yesterday say he shouldn't run, brandon is now solidified as the dems' 2024 best and brightest with a sinking economy, a sinking ability to communicate and very little that looks promising on the horizon for the next 2 years with higher costs, rates....republicans did very well in local elections, school boards etc...2024 is a more favorable year I believe in the senate for republicans....

aside, they were actually discussing the potential for fedderwoman for president yesterday on msnbc.....it's hilarious but I believe they were serious
Old 11-10-2022, 06:29 AM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I really hope Trump announces he is running, then he can complete his dismantling of the GOP, the debates between him and Ron will be epic.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:54 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
I really hope Trump announces he is running, then he can complete his dismantling of the GOP, the debates between him and Ron will be epic.
the debates between brandon and fedderwoman would be much better and more troubling.....
Old 11-10-2022, 07:02 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
i hadn’t known Trump threatened Desantis until
wayne posted it. It’s inexcusable. I’m at the point where if he was the GOP nominee i’m not sure if i’d vote for him.

If desantis were to beat him somehow in a primary, i’d bet trump would run as a third party candidate

In what way is the GOP dismantled? When this election is over and counted, the GOP will probably have a small house majority, probably 50 or 51 senate seats, and a large majority of state governorships and state legislatures. The GOP right now, is way way stronger than the democrats were in 2016, it’s not even close. that’s mathematical fact.

Trump is suppressing what the GOP could
be doing for sure, but they’re not dismantled. If we can put him in the rear view mirror, the gop will be in great shape. but that’s a big if.

If i was a democrat i’d be praying he’s the GOP nominee in. 2024. Who on the left would look good next to Desantis. If it’s Newsom ( my guess), all Desantis has to do is point out how many people are fleeing CA and how many are moving to FL. What’s the comeback to that?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-10-2022 at 07:39 AM..
Old 11-10-2022, 07:12 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:

I’m at the point where if he was the GOP nominee i’m not sure if i’d vote for him.
I heard he's going to jail for stealing and selling our most secret nuclear secrets
Old 11-10-2022, 07:31 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i hadn’t known Trump threatened Desantis until
wayne posted it. It’s inexcusable. I’m at the point where if he was the GOP nominee i’m not sure if i’d vote for him.

If desantis were to beat him somehow in a primary, i’d bet trump would run as a third party candidate

In what way is the GOP dismantled? When this election is over and counted, the GOP will probably have a small house majority, probably 50 or 51 senate seats, and a large majority of state governorships and state legislatures. The GOP right now, is way way stronger than the democrats were in 2016, it’s not even close. that’s mathematical fact.

Trump is suppressing what the GOP could
be doing for sure, but they’re not dismantled. If we can put him in the rear view mirror, the gop will be in great shape. but that’s a big if.

If i was a democrat i’d be praying he’s the GOP. i i went. 2024. Who in the left would look good next to Desantis. If it’s Newsom ( my guess), all Desantis has to do is point out how many people
are fleeing CA and how many are moving to FL. What’s the comeback to that?
Gretchen Whitmer and Josh Shapiro pulled off bigger upsets than Ron DeSantis. What would you rather have? A candidate that can win in a swing state or a candidate that wins big in a state largely full of their own voters?

Florida is Florida (and TX is TX), but does an anti-abortion-access/anti-science/anti-corporation presidential candidate attract moderate Rs and Is?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2022, 07:35 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Gretchen Whitmer and Josh Shapiro pulled off bigger upsets

dear pete...whitmer was "re-elected"

and shapiro was elected in a state that decided it was a good idea to send fedderwoman to the senate.....soooooo
Old 11-10-2022, 07:38 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

America 1st my arse !

you’re spot on with this post, sincerely. it’s unbelievable that trump would threaten Desantis this way. From my perspective, trump has to go.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:48 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Gretchen Whitmer and Josh Shapiro pulled off bigger upsets than Ron DeSantis. What would you rather have? A candidate that can win in a swing state or a candidate that wins big in a state largely full of their own voters?

Florida is Florida (and TX is TX), but does an anti-abortion-access/anti-science/anti-corporation presidential candidate attract moderate Rs and Is?
I never said Desantis’ win was an upset. Never came close to saying it. his margin of victory is impressive, his win in Miami Dade is noteworthy, and his accomplishments are extraordinary. 850 people
a day are moving to FL. 850 a day.

Whitmer, similarly, wasn’t an upset. She’s an incumbent who isn’t unpopular with her party.

Shapiro is impressive.

Desantis is a big reason why FL isn’t a swing state right now. 4 years ago he won by a point. tuesday he won by 20. show me an incumbent who won de election, who i creased his margin of history by 20 points?

Florida was a swing state until Desantis took over. You’ll
never admit it, but he simply a solid leader. The good thing is, it doesn’t matter at all that you can’t admit it. it’s true whether you like it or not.

who is anti science? Desantis? He’s one of the i my governors who got the science right on covid, one of the only ones who bucked the trend and kept his state unemployment way below national averages and kept kids in school. again, no one cares if you hate that fact. It’s still a fact.

who’s anti corporation? I’m curious who you’re saying is anti corporation.

you’re coming unglued my man.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:50 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:

I never said Desantis’ win was an upset.

no but he went from barely winning last time to winning by 20 points in a state where pete told us he killed all of his voters and geraldo told us latinos were going to make him pay for something he did and pete told us crist was winning bigly....
Old 11-10-2022, 08:11 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no but he went from barely winning last time to winning by 20 points in a state where pete told us he killed all of his voters and geraldo told us latinos were going to make him pay for something he did and pete told us crist was winning bigly....
exactly. he increased his margin of victory by 20 points in a state that has been a toss up state lately. It ain’t Oklahoma.

WTF is going on in arizona with vote counting? doesn't instill
confidence. Should be enough for Lake if you assume in person votes lean right.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:06 AM   #16
wdmso

the gop will control the house and the hearings can commence,
And republicans did very well in local elections, school boards etc.

Wow aren’t you the happiest little red hat .. here .. and think it’s payback time.

Good luck with that. The house is going to be like watching family feud with the participants being all Republicans . And who can show the base they own the libs more..

There will be. Nothing ! no bills to fight inflation, or gas prices or production

It will be useless attempts to get rid of Obama care or the inflation reduction act. Afghanistan will be the new Benghazi. . And the next 2 years republicans will be. Looking backwards, and blaming fraud on their poorest performance in mid term. History
Old 11-10-2022, 09:15 AM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
exactly. he increased his margin of victory by 20 points in a state that has been a toss up state lately. It ain’t Oklahoma.

confidence. Should be enough for Lake if you assume in person votes lean right.
They could do it the way Florida does it . Blame Arizona Republicans. The had all 3 offices and did nothing .

And even if lake wins it won’t change she’ll claim some crazy reason and her idea will be to suppress the vote. Or try to gerrymander maricopa county because that’s where they lose elections
Old 11-10-2022, 09:22 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
They could do it the way Florida does it . Blame Arizona Republicans. The had all 3 offices and did nothing .

And even if lake wins it won’t change she’ll claim some crazy reason and her idea will be to suppress the vote. Or try to gerrymander maricopa county because that’s where they lose elections
"Blame Arizona Republicans. The had all 3 offices and did nothing ."

Fire them all. You have this pattern of posting when Republicans fail, like you think I'm incapable of admitting it, when I say all the time that Republicans are as flawed as anyone else.

You are the one who insists his side is never wrong. Not me.

"And even if lake wins it won’t change"

Quite the fortune teller. How about we wait and see?

"Or try to gerrymander maricopa county because that’s where they lose elections"

You have never, not once, criticized the NY legislature for gerrymandering that state so bad that a democrat court threw out the map, saying it was illegal gerrymandering. You refuse to comment on that, but you're more concerned about gerrymandering in AZ that hasn't happened yet.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:23 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
And the next 2 years republicans will be. Looking backwards,
Did you criticize democrats for "looking backwards" when they wasted all that time on a fake Russia hoax?

If Joe and Hunter didn't do anything wrong, they have nothing to worry about.

There will be hearings. Elections have consequences.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:38 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
Did you criticize democrats for "looking backwards" when they wasted all that time on a fake Russia hoax?

Russia
Putin ally Yevgeny Prigozhin admits interfering in US elections
Russian businessman and founder of Wagner Group says interference will continue as midterms loom some Hoax

but this isn't a hoax LOL

There will be hearings. Elections have consequences.

Jim republicans have no concept of consequences or the rule of law
just look at the Jan 6th committee they punted on any resemblance of Accountability

Is that how you think the Law and Justices works Jim ? did you say that about Trump and all his current investigations..

Nope you referred to them as a HOAX

it's a sad position to take! its all revenge for you balled up in a twisted logic elections have consequences.. While truth facts and the rule of law be damned
Old 11-10-2022, 10:58 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
"Blame Arizona Republicans. The had all 3 offices and did nothing ."

Fire them all. You have this pattern of posting when Republicans fail, like you think I'm incapable of admitting it, when I say all the time that Republicans are as flawed as anyone else.

You are the one who insists his side is never wrong. Not me.

"And even if lake wins it won’t change"

Quite the fortune teller. How about we wait and see?

"Or try to gerrymander maricopa county because that’s where they lose elections"

You have never, not once, criticized the NY legislature for gerrymandering that state so bad that a democrat court threw out the map, saying it was illegal gerrymandering. You refuse to comment on that, but you're more concerned about gerrymandering in AZ that hasn't happened yet.

confidence.

Republicans run Arizona it's that simple there is no one else to criticize for the slow vote count

Fire them all. they are elected

And if you support Lake you are by default a fellow election deniers just like all the others who support her .. because that's what she ran on and other Trumpy rhetoric .. she not an apple you can cut up and only eat the pieces you like.

Shes a class Act Scoot would like her she's just a bomb thrower like Him

During a recent campaign event — footage of which was shared to Twitter — Lake asked the crowd, "We don't have any McCain Republicans in here, do we?" eliciting boos from her supporters.

yet when he died The “Maverick” has died. Four days shy of his 82nd birthday Senator John Mccain passed away at his Cornville, Arizona home after a courageous battle with cancer. A war hero, icon and a force to be reckoned with. Sending my deepest condolences to his family at this painful time.

would we call that having Standards

Kari Lake raises unfounded doubts about election results in Arizona governor race that’s too early to call

Kari Lake raises unfounded doubts about election results in Arizona governor race that’s too early to call
She struck a similar note even as she went to cast her own ballot Tuesday, telling reporters that voters had called her in tears earlier in the day because of problems with tabulation machines at some Maricopa County polls.

“We have had problems after problems,” she said, vowing to reform the election process if elected. “When we win, there’s going to be a come to Jesus for elections in Arizona.”
Old 11-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
confidence.

Republicans run Arizona it's that simple there is no one else to criticize for the slow vote count

Fire them all. they are elected

And if you support Lake you are by default a fellow election deniers just like all the others who support her .. because that's what she ran on and other Trumpy rhetoric .. she not an apple you can cut up and only eat the pieces you like.

During a recent campaign event — footage of which was shared to Twitter — Lake asked the crowd, "We don't have any McCain Republicans in here, do we?" eliciting boos from her supporters.

yet when he died The “Maverick” has died. Four days shy of his 82nd birthday Senator John Mccain passed away at his Cornville, Arizona home after a courageous battle with cancer. A war hero, icon and a force to be reckoned with. Sending my deepest condolences to his family at this painful time.

would we call that having Standards

She struck a similar note even as she went to cast her own ballot Tuesday, telling reporters that voters had called her in tears earlier in the day because of problems with tabulation machines at some Maricopa County polls.

“We have had problems after problems,” she said, vowing to reform the election process if elected. “When we win, there’s going to be a come to Jesus for elections in Arizona.”
"Republicans run Arizona it's that simple there is no one else to criticize for the slow vote count "

Did you see me imply that any democrats were at fault?

Just because every single post you make is one-sided, that doesn't apply to me. Whoever is in charge (and it may be state officials, it may be county officials, I have no idea and presume you don't either), fire them all. This is what gives people legitimate reason to question things.

"And if you support Lake Hilary or Stacey Abrams you are by default a fellow election deniers"

Fixed it for you.

""We don't have any McCain Republicans in here, do we?" eliciting boos from her supporters."

McCain was a hero. He was also a RINO, not a very effective Republican. I agree with her that he was a terrible politician in terms of advocating for what was right.

"would we call that having Standards "

Again, it's OK to be respectful right after his death.

You have a brain-damaged, slovenly ogre in the US Senate from PA, and you don't have a syllable of concern about that. He makes Biden look like Stephen Hawking.

"Kari Lake raises unfounded doubts about election results in Arizona governor race that’s too early to call"

Unfounded? There have been all kinds of problems in Maricopa, started early Tuesday. It's a complete mess.

Is it possible for any republican anywhere, to have a legitimate complaint about anything? Ever? Anywhere?

liberal=good, conservative=bad, always, never any exceptions. We get it!
Old 11-10-2022, 11:47 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:

good job fedderwoman....
Old 11-10-2022, 01:12 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I never said Desantis’ win was an upset. Never came close to saying it. his margin of victory is impressive, his win in Miami Dade is noteworthy, and his accomplishments are extraordinary. 850 people
a day are moving to FL. 850 a day.

Whitmer, similarly, wasn’t an upset. She’s an incumbent who isn’t unpopular with her party.

Shapiro is impressive.

Desantis is a big reason why FL isn’t a swing state right now. 4 years ago he won by a point. tuesday he won by 20. show me an incumbent who won de election, who i creased his margin of history by 20 points?

Florida was a swing state until Desantis took over. You’ll
never admit it, but he simply a solid leader. The good thing is, it doesn’t matter at all that you can’t admit it. it’s true whether you like it or not.

who is anti science? Desantis? He’s one of the i my governors who got the science right on covid, one of the only ones who bucked the trend and kept his state unemployment way below national averages and kept kids in school. again, no one cares if you hate that fact. It’s still a fact.

who’s anti corporation? I’m curious who you’re saying is anti corporation.

You’re right in that I don’t think he’s a good leader, he’s demonstrated many times that he’s got a glass chin and can’t handle political battles.

What the #^&#^&#^&#^& did you THINK would happen?

The Florida GOP is the single best Republican party in the country, hands down. It has infinite money, a deep bench of consultants and operatives, and *wins.*
It’s Alabama football vs the Middle Missouri Girls’ Preparatory Academy Field Hockey team.
The FL Dems? Tough love time: they can’t organize a two-car motorcade, I’ve got more money in my glove compartment, and their skilled operators could fit around a Waffle House table.
And here’s the REAL tough love: they let themselves be painted as far to the left in a RED STATE. Florida is and has been and is become more of a red state by the day. The idea that DeSantis and Rubio “turned Florida red” is absurd, an almost hilariously bad take.
Florida was and has been a red state for a generation; blue wins were largely just statistical noise, certainly at the statewide level. This win is not the flex you think it is.

This is like Mike Tyson boxing with a 90 year old man in a nursing home. The outcome is not unexpected.

Frankly, the question isn’t why DeSantis won by 20 points. Rather, why didn’t he win by 40 points?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2022, 01:21 PM   #25
wdmso

Unfounded? There have been all kinds of problems in Maricopa, started early Tuesday. It's a complete mess.

Spoken like you just finish a glass of election denial Kool Aid

here's the truth! Problems with voting machines in Arizona’s Maricopa County trigger unfounded fraud claims yep Jim carrying the message again

The issue was affecting about a quarter of voting locations, officials said. No one was being prevented from voting, and lines were short in many locations.

County officials stressed that no one was being prevented from voting and that no one’s ballot had been mishandled. They have said for weeks that ballot counting could take as many as 12 days.

Fuel for baseless right-wing claims
The issues with the tabulators were quickly used by right-leaning influencers as fuel for their claims that the 2022 midterms are vulnerable to election fraud, according to the Election Integrity Partnership, a research coalition that focuses on misinformation around elections.

"Attention spiked after a tweet from Charlie Kirk, which fueled others who allege that these machine failures are deliberate," the research group said.

maricopa county just happens to represents more than 60 percent of Arizona's registered voters.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:35 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re right in that I don’t think he’s a good leader, he’s demonstrated many times that he’s got a glass chin and can’t handle political battles.

What the #^&#^&#^&#^& did you THINK would happen?

The Florida GOP is the single best Republican party in the country, hands down. It has infinite money, a deep bench of consultants and operatives, and *wins.*
It’s Alabama football vs the Middle Missouri Girls’ Preparatory Academy Field Hockey team.
The FL Dems? Tough love time: they can’t organize a two-car motorcade, I’ve got more money in my glove compartment, and their skilled operators could fit around a Waffle House table.
And here’s the REAL tough love: they let themselves be painted as far to the left in a RED STATE. Florida is and has been and is become more of a red state by the day. The idea that DeSantis and Rubio “turned Florida red” is absurd, an almost hilariously bad take.
Florida was and has been a red state for a generation; blue wins were largely just statistical noise, certainly at the statewide level. This win is not the flex you think it is.

This is like Mike Tyson boxing with a 90 year old man in a nursing home. The outcome is not unexpected.

Frankly, the question isn’t why DeSantis won by 20 points. Rather, why didn’t he win by 40 points?
"he’s got a glass chin"

If he had a glass chin, he'd be dead by now. He's the second most attacked human by the left after Trump. If he had a glass chin, he wouldn't have such an unbelievable record of saying "no" to woke nonsense, because he knows he's going to get attacked for it. If he cared about protecting a glass chin, he wouldn't do most of what he does.

"can’t handle political battles."

Tell that to governor Crist.

"What the #^&#^&#^&#^& did you THINK would happen?"

Well, you posted polls saying Crist was going to win. Then you say a Desantis 20 point landslide wasn't any kind of upset. So if we looked up the phrase "wanting to have it both ways", there's be a photo of you.

I was confident Desantis was going to win. But any way you cut it, a 20 point increase in margin of victory, is a big deal.

"I don’t think he’s a good leader"

His constituents disagree, and so do many of the 850 people a day moving there.

"It’s Alabama football vs the Middle Missouri Girls’ Preparatory Academy Field Hockey team."

Again, that's sure not what you were saying a few days ago!

You are precious Pete. Watching you guys try to always spin every single event to serve The Narrative.

"Florida is and has been and is become more of a red state"

Except Obama won in twice! Some reliable red state!!

You guys will say ANYTIHNG to protect liberalism. What in Gods name is in that Kool Aid anyway?

You are very, very special.

"This is like Mike Tyson boxing with a 90 year old man in a nursing home. The outcome is not unexpected."

Again, do you not read your own posts?

He won in a landslide, he flipped Miami Dade which Hilary won by 30 points in 2016, he has soaring approval ratings, and huge numbers of people and businesses want to re-locate to his state. Despite having no income tax, he has managed to create a landscape that huge numbers of people and businesses want to move to. That's called "winning" buddy.

Keep howling ta the moon, Pete...
Old 11-10-2022, 01:38 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:

maricopa county just happens to represents more than 60 percent of Arizona's registered voters.
There are more people in many many places that didn't have this problem.

Youre defending what's happening in Maricopa, only because someone you hate complained about it.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:48 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"he’s got a glass chin"

If he had a glass chin, he'd be dead by now. He's the second most attacked human by the left after Trump. If he had a glass chin, he wouldn't have such an unbelievable record of saying "no" to woke nonsense, because he knows he's going to get attacked for it. If he cared about protecting a glass chin, he wouldn't do most of what he does.

"can’t handle political battles."

Tell that to governor Crist.

"What the #^&#^&#^&#^& did you THINK would happen?"

Well, you posted polls saying Crist was going to win. Then you say a Desantis 20 point landslide wasn't any kind of upset. So if we looked up the phrase "wanting to have it both ways", there's be a photo of you.

I was confident Desantis was going to win. But any way you cut it, a 20 point increase in margin of victory, is a big deal.

"I don’t think he’s a good leader"

His constituents disagree, and so do many of the 850 people a day moving there.

"It’s Alabama football vs the Middle Missouri Girls’ Preparatory Academy Field Hockey team."

Again, that's sure not what you were saying a few days ago!

You are precious Pete. Watching you guys try to always spin every single event to serve The Narrative.

"Florida is and has been and is become more of a red state"

Except Obama won in twice! Some reliable red state!!

You guys will say ANYTIHNG to protect liberalism. What in Gods name is in that Kool Aid anyway?

You are very, very special.

"This is like Mike Tyson boxing with a 90 year old man in a nursing home. The outcome is not unexpected."

Again, do you not read your own posts?

He won in a landslide, he flipped Miami Dade which Hilary won by 30 points in 2016, he has soaring approval ratings, and huge numbers of people and businesses want to re-locate to his state. Despite having no income tax, he has managed to create a landscape that huge numbers of people and businesses want to move to. That's called "winning" buddy.

Keep howling ta the moon, Pete...
He’s your new favorite authoritarian, how predictable.

Big Gretch, Josh, Gavin Newsom, Wes Moore, Jared Polis - the bench for the post Biden Presidential bench is looking better and better.

All the Trumplicans have is Trump and Trump toadies.
Between Desanctimonious, Lying Ted, Little Marco, Running Cotton, Gym Jordan, Three toe, and the Moscow Mules you’ve got a lot to pick from

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2022, 10:53 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump is now claiming he ordered the FBI and U.S. Attorneys to stop the ballot counting in the 2018 Florida Governor race, so DeSantis would narrowly win. Trump, who knows he’s going to prison anyway, is confessing to felonies just to scandalize DeSantis. This is going to be fun.
Old 11-11-2022, 08:12 AM   #30
Jim in CT

here’s a better idea of democracy that WDMSO will have no problem with. Last night, on the season finale of a CBS courtroom drama show called “The Good Fight”, a victim claimed to have been sexually assaulted by Governor Desantis. They couldn’t make up a fictional character to be governor

Subtle.

The accuser in the show was shown to be lying, but come on.

The 2024 election has commenced.