Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-09-2022, 05:42 PM   #1081
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Instead of a runoff, I think George should have a spelling bee and obviously Scott should host and moderate it.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:04 PM   #1082
Pete F.
Canceled

Bugs Bunny has the solution

https://youtu.be/xiTM2HQ0g98
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-10-2022, 03:41 AM   #1083
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Instead of a runoff, I think George should have a spelling bee and obviously Scott should host and moderate it.
still upset about that huh?
Old 11-10-2022, 06:05 AM   #1084
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
still upset about that huh?
Oh no your almost as easy as poking fun at Jim, your just a bit more irrelevant.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:16 AM   #1085
scottw

Quote:
Oh no your almost as easy as poking fun at Jim, your just a bit more irrelevant.
keep flaunting your low IQ
Old 11-12-2022, 11:31 PM   #1086
Pete F.
Canceled

Who else is excited for two more years of Katie Porter and her whiteboard?
Old 11-13-2022, 08:02 AM   #1087
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s coming in 24 right, just like the mid term red wave?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000D5FC9-91FC-4669-9850-50F6ACD9335E.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	69324  
Old 11-13-2022, 09:52 AM   #1088
wdmso

Newsmax the usual suspects are going full fraud excuses even though
republicans won the governor’s office in Nevada

but dems some how cheated on the Senate race on the same ballot
Old 11-13-2022, 10:24 AM   #1089
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s coming in 24 right, just like the mid term red wave?
it was a flop by any standard and Trump is blaming everyone except himself.
Old 11-13-2022, 12:50 PM   #1090
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
can anyone find a poll that is favorable for the democrats?.....I'll wait
Now Scott didn’t many here tell you to forget the polls, even as you searched hard to post every negative one you could find leading up to the election. Oh yeah and Biden’s recession and inflation doomed us is this mid term and Biden’s messaging was going to be our downfall. Well I guess you just have to stop drinking that coolaid and stop relying on the wrong polls. Will only get better when Trump announces he is running, get that clown car tuned up, it’s time to make American great again.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:06 PM   #1091
Nebe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	949022F4-7061-4A3C-8213-283C0D1B62EB.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	69326  
Old 11-13-2022, 07:39 PM   #1092
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Old 11-14-2022, 02:54 AM   #1093
scottw

Quote:
Now Scott didn’t many here tell you to forget the polls, even as you searched hard to post every negative one you could find leading up to the election. Oh yeah and Biden’s recession and inflation doomed us is this mid term and Biden’s messaging was going to be our downfall. Well I guess you just have to stop drinking that coolaid and stop relying on the wrong polls. Will only get better when Trump announces he is running, get that clown car tuned up, it’s time to make American great again.
I was asking perpetually polling pete why he stopped perpetually updating us with polls as he did when he thought they were in his favor if you were paying attention......it was not inaccurate to say that it was difficult to find any polling data in favor of democrats in recent weeks, ....Trump has marginalized himself, Mitch is in trouble....I am happy with that...the brandon clown show will continue... and do you think his condition improves or gets worse over the next two years? If trump does announce it will be a side show for leftists to direct their hate and energy for two years which should be very amusing.....maybe he wants to announce that he located the high level nuclear secrets that everyone here said he'd stolen and sold

Last edited by scottw; 11-14-2022 at 03:03 AM..
Old 11-14-2022, 06:54 AM   #1094
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I was asking perpetually polling pete why he stopped perpetually updating us with polls as he did when he thought they were in his favor if you were paying attention......it was not inaccurate to say that it was difficult to find any polling data in favor of democrats in recent weeks, ....Trump has marginalized himself, Mitch is in trouble....I am happy with that...the brandon clown show will continue... and do you think his condition improves or gets worse over the next two years? If trump does announce it will be a side show for leftists to direct their hate and energy for two years which should be very amusing.....maybe he wants to announce that he located the high level nuclear secrets that everyone here said he'd stolen and sold
Is that the Biden show passing legislations that help all Americans, the administration improving our global relationships, strengthening nato, doing a great job handling Ukraine and leading his party to a historic mid term result? He struggles historically with speech, which you confuse with dementia, but continues to govern with purpose and I hope you enjoy the show.
Old 11-14-2022, 07:05 AM   #1095
scottw

Quote:

He struggles historically with speech, which you confuse with dementia,

see...even you can say something funny occasionally
Old 11-14-2022, 07:40 AM   #1096
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is that the Biden show passing legislations that help all Americans, the administration improving our global relationships, strengthening nato, doing a great job handling Ukraine and leading his party to a historic mid term result? He struggles historically with speech, which you confuse with dementia, but continues to govern with purpose and I hope you enjoy the show.
you auditioning for a spot on The View?

you honestly don’t think Biden shows clear signs of senility?

please please can the left finally convict trump of something? We need him out of the way.
Old 11-14-2022, 07:47 AM   #1097
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

you honestly don’t think Biden shows clear signs of senility?
I bet it's harder to recognize when....oh never mind....
Old 11-14-2022, 07:52 AM   #1098
Jim in CT

Quote:
I bet it's harder to recognize when....oh never mind....
an interesting stat, nationwide the gop got 6 million more votes for the House than democrats. it’s a case where the electoral
math really helped the democrats, while recently it has usually helped the gop. you win some, you lose some.

the senate was going to be tough, twice as many republicans were up this time. in 2024 way more democrats are up in the senate. We just need you know who to get out of Desantis’ way. even if it means sending him to prison.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-14-2022 at 09:00 AM..
Old 11-14-2022, 09:47 AM   #1099
wdmso

an interesting stat, nationwide the gop got 6 million more votes for the House than democrats.

And how’d that work out for Republicans..
Old 11-14-2022, 09:56 AM   #1100
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
an interesting stat, nationwide the gop got 6 million more votes for the House than democrats.

And how’d that work out for Republicans..
wdmso, i stated very clearly what the point was. I’m sorry if you missed it, you’re the only person on the planet who missed it.

it was the GOPs turn to win more votes but lose elections. i’m not complaining. that’s the reality.

when your side wins a popular vote but loses an election, you cry about the unfairness of the electoral college. I’m not doing that at all, i’m saying we were due

Do you do this on purpose? i can’t believe anyone is wrong as often as you are, that anyone misses what was explicitly stated as often as you.

i can’t believe we don’t know who won the House yet.
Old 11-14-2022, 10:24 AM   #1101
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, i stated very clearly what the point was. I’m sorry if you missed it, you’re the only person on the planet who missed it.

it was the GOPs turn to win more votes but lose elections. i’m not complaining. that’s the reality.

when your side wins a popular vote but loses an election, you cry about the unfairness of the electoral college. I’m not doing that at all, i’m saying we were due

Do you do this on purpose? i can’t believe anyone is wrong as often as you are, that anyone misses what was explicitly stated as often as you.

i can’t believe we don’t know who won the House yet.
Jim your trying to cast sunshine on the popular vote. When it just the opposite

You twisted a midterms popular vote count to some how but not surprised
As the same as a presidential election and the electoral college

This is what happens with extreme republicans gerrymandering districts.. all your votes are in one basket . It is no evidence of how popular republicans are.,

But feel free to think that’s what it is.
Even Newt can sees it

We had five or 6 million more votes and we don't pick up a whole bunch of seats

Gingrich said the 6 million reported popular vote margin – which he said is likely to shrink somewhat as California returns continue to come in – should be a key facet of that investigation.

"We had five or 6 million more votes and we don't pick up a whole bunch of seats. We need to analyze that. I mean, there's something going on out there that we don't understand," he said.

Several post back I said a wins a win but a gop controlled house is going to be an example disfunction
On an epic level.
Old 11-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #1102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim your trying to cast sunshine on the popular vote. When it just the opposite

You twisted a midterms popular vote count to some how but not surprised
As the same as a presidential election and the electoral college

This is what happens with extreme republicans gerrymandering districts.. all your votes are in one basket . It is no evidence of how popular republicans are.,

But feel free to think that’s what it is.
Even Newt can sees it

We had five or 6 million more votes and we don't pick up a whole bunch of seats

Gingrich said the 6 million reported popular vote margin – which he said is likely to shrink somewhat as California returns continue to come in – should be a key facet of that investigation.

"We had five or 6 million more votes and we don't pick up a whole bunch of seats. We need to analyze that. I mean, there's something going on out there that we don't understand," he said.

Several post back I said a wins a win but a gop controlled house is going to be an example disfunction
On an epic level.
You're hearing those voices.

I said its the GOPs turn to be on the receiving end of the occasional harshness of electoral math reality.

Let me see if I can use words so simple, even you can get it...I am not saying it's a cause for celebration that the GOP got more votes. I'm saying that now we know how the democrats feel when this happens to them.

I'm sorry, if you can't grasp that, I can't help you . It's not complicated. You're responding to something I didn't say.

"a gop controlled house is going to be an example disfunction
On an epic level."

We will see. There will be investigations you won't like, as there were investigations I didn't like.

Whats good for the goose...
Old 11-14-2022, 11:30 AM   #1103
PaulS

The vote showed that Americans want civility and moderates.
Old 11-14-2022, 11:50 AM   #1104
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

I said its the GOPs turn to be on the receiving end of the occasional harshness of electoral math reality.

Let me see if I can use words so simple, even you can get it...I am not saying it's a cause for celebration that the GOP got more votes. I'm saying that now we know how the democrats feel when this happens to them.

I'm sorry, if you can't grasp that, I can't help you . It's not complicated. You're responding to something I didn't say.

On an epic level."

We will see. There will be investigations you won't like, as there were investigations I didn't like.

Yup revenge and no governing, we already know the NEW GOP playbook
Old 11-14-2022, 12:03 PM   #1105
wdmso

Quote:

On an epic level."

Seems the only on hearing voices are you

No Jim I am paying attention your just parroting GOP spin on the midterms it’s all over right wing news stations Fox’s lead

Gingrich calls for postmortem review of midterms, lauds GOP for reportedly winning popular vote

Which definition of lauds do you think fox is pushing Praise or prayers

The difference is Jim gop investigation are based on fantasy and revenge.

Democrats investigation are the rule of law and a coup attempt by a sitting president and his supporters ..
That you and others insist it was just a. Few bad apples

Funny what investigations you don’t like

No suddenly we have a new gop line

Ron Johnson Claims President Biden 'Almost Certainly Is Compromised' By Hunter's Dealings With China

But let’s wash over the Saudis government part of 9/11 (says the GOP) and their 2 billion to Jared but call it an investment but hunter money was influence peddling

Republicans are pathological in their lies

Last edited by wdmso; 11-14-2022 at 12:22 PM..
Old 11-14-2022, 12:24 PM   #1106
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems the only on hearing voices are you

No Jim I am paying attention your just parroting GOP spin on the midterms it’s all over right wing news stations Fox’s lead

Gingrich calls for postmortem review of midterms, lauds GOP for reportedly winning popular vote

Which definition of lauds do you think fox is pushing Praise or prayers

The difference is Jim gop investigation are based on fantasy and revenge.

Democrats investigation are the rule of law and a coup attempt by a sitting president and his supporters ..
That you and others insist it was just a. Few bad apples

No suddenly we have a new gop line

Ron Johnson Claims President Biden 'Almost Certainly Is Compromised' By Hunter's Dealings With China

But let’s wash over the Saudis government part of 9/11 (says the GOP) and their 2 billion to Jared but call it an investment but hunter money was influence peddling

Republicans are pathological in their lies

"The difference is Jim gop investigation are based on fantasy and revenge."

The Bidens couldn't have possibly done anything wrong, because he's a democrat. Right?

How do you know they didn't do anything unethical?

"But let’s wash over the Saudis government part of 9/11 (says the GOP) and their 2 billion to Jared"

Whatabout-ism! Sorry I must call you out on whatabout-ism, which sometimes you are opposed to, and clearly sometimes you think is totally valid!

I'm all for investigating Donald and Jared. Do it.

"Republicans are pathological in their lies "

You say so. Not as pathological as your flip flopping.

Conservative-bad. liberal=good.

Keep bleating that Wayne, like a good sheep.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:30 PM   #1107
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yup revenge and no governing, we already know the NEW GOP playbook
If you are a pitcher on a baseball team, and the other pitcher is beaning your hitters, would you eventually throw at someone on their team, to send a message?

The democrats, the media, Biden's DOJ, nd big tech got together to bury discussion on POSSIBLE Biden wrongdoing before the 2020 election. This isn't debatable. Had those people done their jobs, we wouldn't be in this situation. But we are. Elections have consequences.

This is assuming the GOP takes the house. I have no clue how likely that is, as many of the un-called house elections are in California.

Why do you say "no governing"? From 2019-2020 when the democrat controlled house was holding hearings, did they not do any governing? Why can't the house investigate and govern at the same time? Or can only democrats pull that off?

How about making up another conspiracy that I cling to?
Old 11-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #1108
wdmso

Quote:
"The difference is Jim gop investigation are based on fantasy and revenge."

The Bidens couldn't have possibly done anything wrong, because he's a democrat. Right?

How do you know they didn't do anything unethical?

"But let’s wash over the Saudis government part of 9/11 (says the GOP) and their 2 billion to Jared"

Whatabout-ism! Sorry I must call you out on whatabout-ism, which sometimes you are opposed to, and clearly sometimes you think is totally valid!

I'm all for investigating Donald and Jared. Do it.

"Republicans are pathological in their lies "

You say so. Not as pathological as your flip flopping.

Conservative-bad. liberal=good.

Keep bleating that Wayne, like a good sheep.
Jim your version of how to justify an investigation is and I quote

If the Biden's didn’t do anything wrong then they have nothing to worry about. You should just add don’t you think Comrade !

We’re not investigating Hunter Biden for political reasons,” Comer says. “We’re investigating Hunter Biden because we believe he’s a national security threat, who we fear has compromised Joe Biden.”

Comer also wants to hold hearings focused on the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic

If we don’t engage in impeachment inquiries to get the documents and the testimony and the information that we need, then I believe that our voters will feel betrayed,” Rep. Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida

H.Res.57 - Impeaching Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States, for abuse of power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors.

Sponsor: Rep. Greene, Marjorie Taylor [R-GA-14] (Introduced 01/21/2021)

It’s a here to read Jim. Keep convincing yourself Republicans have integrity and ethical behaviors
History paints a different picture

And comparing the GOP version of Jared 2 billion as an investment and hunters 1million as influence peddling is not whataboutism but clear and dishonest word choices by republicans .
Old 11-14-2022, 05:18 PM   #1109
wdmso

GOP Sen. Josh Hawley: Grand 'Old Party Is Dead; Time to Bury It'

The Grand old party isn’t the issue

It’s those who left the grand old party values Behind and embraced Trump-and the Maga rhetoric as the new direction for the Republican Party

Are Unable to accept the Truth they destroyed the Grand old party!

No one else
Old 11-14-2022, 05:43 PM   #1110
Pete F.
Canceled

How the Dems lost the popular vote is pretty mundane: the number of races contested by only one of the major parties. This cycle, there are about twice as many races without a Democratic candidate as without a Republican one. Democrats won’t have candidates in about two dozen races, compared with about a dozen for Republicans. No one in South Dakota or North Dakota wanted to run for the House as a Democrat, apparently.