Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-02-2022, 06:59 PM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
beto and abrams...the two biggest wastes of money in the history of politics...definitely democrat presidential contenders though....
they need to learn that no means no.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:05 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
beto and abrams...the two biggest wastes of money in the history of politics...definitely democrat presidential contenders though....
The New York gubernatorial election will probably be closer than Florida’s.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:36 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

You might get what you want

Miami-Dade County has hired 3 former 'Proud Boys' as poll workers. One of them faces 6 federal charges for storming the U.S. Capitol. The other one made a video wearing a “F**k Biden” baseball cap, saying, “You heard it right, I’m working the polls...Cry some more, liberals. ”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-02-2022, 07:54 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You might get what you want

Miami-Dade County has hired 3 former 'Proud Boys' as poll workers. One of them faces 6 federal charges for storming the U.S. Capitol. The other one made a video wearing a “F**k Biden” baseball cap, saying, “You heard it right, I’m working the polls...Cry some more, liberals. ”
i want it easy to vote,,impossible to cheat. Is that a threat to democracy?
Old 11-03-2022, 07:47 AM   #95
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i want it easy to vote,,impossible to cheat. Is that a threat to democracy?
The only people making it harder to vote and seem to have convinced you cheating is a problem

Are the only people and Party to try to overturn a national election because they didn’t like who won . By actual trying to cheat!

Not sure Jim when you and other Maga supporters are going to accept this glaring Truth
Old 11-03-2022, 07:53 AM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The only people making it harder to vote and seem to have convinced you cheating is a problem

Are the only people and Party to try to overturn a national election because they didn’t like who won . By actual trying to cheat!

Not sure Jim when you and other Maga supporters are going to accept this glaring Truth
i don’t think showing an id is an unreasonable burden. And when jen side claims it is, it makes me think they want to do away with ids to make it easier to cheat. Requiring an id is the single
most obvious requirement that any sane person would suggest. and that includes having to show an id to get a mail in ballot. Mass mail in voting makes it ridiculously easy to cheat and should be avoided. In person voting if possible, and show a photo id. if you object to that, you’re the one who’s trying to get away with something, and if you say it’s racist, you’re stupid and also obviously trying to get away with something.

accept what? i’ve said a thousand times i don’t think cheating cost trump. but i do t trust mass mail in voting. Checking signatures is a joke. how many people
are trained to spot differences in signatures?
Old 11-03-2022, 08:12 AM   #97
wdmso

Quote:
i don’t think showing an id is an unreasonable burden. And when jen side claims it is, it makes me think they want to do away with ids to make it easier to cheat. Requiring an id is the single
most obvious requirement that any sane person would suggest. and that includes having to show an id to get a mail in ballot. Mass mail in voting makes it ridiculously easy to cheat and should be avoided. In person voting if possible, and show a photo id. if you object to that, you’re the one who’s trying to get away with something, and if you say it’s racist, you’re stupid and also obviously trying to get away with something.

accept what? i’ve said a thousand times i don’t think cheating cost trump. but i do t trust mass mail in voting. Checking signatures is a joke. how many people
are trained to spot differences in signatures?
i don’t think showing an id is an unreasonable

I don’t either. Until it’s filled with lies

but i do t trust mass mail in voting.

Because that’s what they told you

Checking signatures is a joke. how many people
are trained to spot differences in signatures

None . their all volunteers again the only party casting doubt are Republicans

Yet the republicans who won on the same ballot trump lost on with the same mail in ballots

Seem to accept their victory. While claiming And supporting the Big lie

That’s the Truth Republicans can’t run from
Old 11-03-2022, 08:18 AM   #98
wdmso

Several Metro Atlanta counties have been inundated with mass challenges to the eligibility of tens of thousands of registered voters, filed with the help of groups pushing baseless conspiracy theories about voter fraud.

While Georgia’s new election law SB-202 made it clear that individuals could challenge an “unlimited” number of voters in their county,

We did see over 300,000 voter challenges filed en masse in the state in December 2020,” says Vasu Abhiraman, senior policy counsel at the ACLU of Georgia.

I would love to see the racial and party beak down of these challenges

This is by design not concern

So is this , Right-wing groups spend millions of dollars on ads targeting transgender kids
Old 11-03-2022, 08:54 AM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
i don’t think showing an id is an unreasonable

I don’t either. Until it’s filled with lies

but i do t trust mass mail in voting.

Because that’s what they told you

Checking signatures is a joke. how many people
are trained to spot differences in signatures

None . their all volunteers again the only party casting doubt are Republicans

Yet the republicans who won on the same ballot trump lost on with the same mail in ballots

Seem to accept their victory. While claiming And supporting the Big lie

That’s the Truth Republicans can’t run from
"i don’t think showing an id is an unreasonable

I don’t either. Until it’s filled with lies"

How does a photo id get filled with lies, exactly?

"but i do t trust mass mail in voting.

Because that’s what they told you "

No, not because it's what someone told me. Because common sense suggests it's not hard to give someone mail in ballots and have them fill them out for the candidate you want.

You're denying that cheating is easier with mass mail in balloting, than it is with in-person voting where you have to show an id?

That's just stupid, and why you're not taken seriously.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:27 AM   #100
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Neither of my kids live at home. Last election we received mail in ballots for them in the mail, twice. What was to stop me from filling them out and mailing them back? They both voted in person in their respective locations too. Knowing people, the honor system isn’t 100% effective
Old 11-03-2022, 10:10 AM   #101
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Neither of my kids live at home. Last election we received mail in ballots for them in the mail, twice. What was to stop me from filling them out and mailing them back? They both voted in person in their respective locations too. Knowing people, the honor system isn’t 100% effective
Who ever claimed it was 100% that’s an impossible system

It’s your child’s responsibility to change their address. And if did fill them out only 1 vote would have been counted

It’s all a republicans hoax

The example below proves it

There is no reason to stand near drop boxes in Arizona and monitor who is casting ballots. After all, there is no evidence at all that drop boxes are a vehicle for casting fraudulent votes. The Associated Press contacted election administrators across the country and found no significant examples of fraud being committed using drop boxes.

Yet there has been a movement to do precisely that.
Much of the concern about drop boxes, of course, derives from the film “2000 Mules,

If something is broken fix it but. When those who claim it’s broken elected and non elected people are just lying and have zero empirical proof .. it is clearly their fault why people have lost Trust in elections

And it’s only the Republicans making those claims

And democrats concerned about the elections issue are the lies . Not this mythical fraud that statistically barely exist

No evidence for systematic voter fraud: A guide to statistical claims about the 2020 election

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2103619118
Old 11-03-2022, 10:20 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bingo...

I'm willing to bet that if Pete was in your shoes, he might not have thrown them in the garbage...after writing in Hugo Chavez as his preferred candidate.

their are tons of people on both sides who will do anything to stay in power. So if there are obviously simple ways to make it harder to cheat, why oppose them?

To me, opposing voter id is like opposing drug tests. I'm pretty sure i know what you're trying to hide, it's not hard to figure it out...

Saying voter id is racist, takes the dishonesty to a whole new level.

If you put some problem-solvers in a room who cared nothing about politics, and asked them how to ensure honest elections, the first thing every one of them would say, is "in-person voting with voter id". What else comes close to guaranteeing honest results? Nothing else even comes close.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:22 AM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who ever claimed it was 100% that’s an impossible system

It’s your child’s responsibility to change their address. And if did fill them out only 1 vote would have been counted

It’s all a republicans hoax

The example below proves it

There is no reason to stand near drop boxes in Arizona and monitor who is casting ballots. After all, there is no evidence at all that drop boxes are a vehicle for casting fraudulent votes. The Associated Press contacted election administrators across the country and found no significant examples of fraud being committed using drop boxes.

Yet there has been a movement to do precisely that.
Much of the concern about drop boxes, of course, derives from the film “2000 Mules,

If something is broken fix it but. When those who claim it’s broken elected and non elected people are just lying and have zero empirical proof .. it is clearly their fault why people have lost Trust in elections

And it’s only the Republicans making those claims

And democrats concerned about the elections issue are the lies . Not this mythical fraud that statistically barely exist

No evidence for systematic voter fraud: A guide to statistical claims about the 2020 election

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2103619118
TDF just proved it's not a hoax.

"And it’s only the Republicans making those claims"

Is TDF a Republican?
Old 11-03-2022, 10:22 AM   #104
spence

Quote:
Signature verification is one.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:30 AM   #105
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

They did change their addresses, as referenced by the fact they could go and vote at their current locations by having their names bounced against the voter rolls there. Yet I could have just filled out their ballots at my house and just mailed them in. Do you see how this could give someone pause to go “hmmm, this might be of concern”

Other than you saying it wouldn’t happen, what proof do you have that it couldn’t happen?

Wouldn’t ID and in person voting be a possible solution to preventing it from happening?

I also didn’t say the voting system wasn’t a 100%, I said humans working on an honor system isn’t 100%, I was being facetious
Old 11-03-2022, 10:34 AM   #106
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don’t ever sign anything when I vote in person, they don’t even check ID.

And do you really think they verify every signature on every ballot that comes in? Do you really think the government is that efficient?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-03-2022, 10:37 AM   #107
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Is TDF a Republican?
Un-Enrolled.

As Groucho Marx said “I wouldn’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member”

Before I was that, I used to be a registered Democrat.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:40 AM   #108
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Is TDF a Republican?
And I didn’t “Prove” anything. I just said that there are concerns out there that don’t give people the warm and fuzzies on election integrity.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:41 AM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
And that's very very reliable, because we're all trained to spot signature fakes.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:43 AM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:
And I didn’t “Prove” anything. I just said that there are concerns out there that don’t give people the warm and fuzzies on election integrity.
Sorry to disagree, but you did prove that concerns about integrity are not a republican hoax. You didn't prove there was cheating and I didn't mean to imply that you did. You did prove that there are vulnerabilities.

You provided a case of exactly why we need safeguards, and you're not a republican.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:46 AM   #111
Jim in CT

Quote:
They did change their addresses, as referenced by the fact they could go and vote at their current locations by having their names bounced against the voter rolls there. Yet I could have just filled out their ballots at my house and just mailed them in. Do you see how this could give someone pause to go “hmmm, this might be of concern”

Other than you saying it wouldn’t happen, what proof do you have that it couldn’t happen?

Wouldn’t ID and in person voting be a possible solution to preventing it from happening?

I also didn’t say the voting system wasn’t a 100%, I said humans working on an honor system isn’t 100%, I was being facetious
"They did change their addresses, as referenced by the fact they could go and vote at their current locations"

So he was 100% wrong on that.

"Wouldn’t ID and in person voting be a possible solution to preventing it from happening?"

Yes.

And the best argument the left can make against id laws, is that they're racist.

69% of blacks support voter id. So I can't help but notice that blacks don't buy into the liberal argument that id laws are racist. Interesting...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...pport-voter-id
Old 11-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #112
wdmso

Changing Your Address
You must update your voter registration every time you move. If you have moved, you may update your registration by filling out a new voter registration form. If you move after the deadline to register to vote in a state election or primary, you should wait to update your registration until after the date of the election or primary, and return to vote at your previous polling place in Massachusetts. State law allows you to vote from a previous address in a state election for up to six month after you have moved, as long as you have not registered elsewhere

Now if you’re Taking 3 years after they moved to a different town you’re getting their mail in ballots that’s an issue

Do you see how this could give someone pause to go “hmmm, this might be of concern”

Nope. Unless of course you think that’s what’s happened and is happening

And it’s a crime and again statistically if it were to happen

like the woman who sent in her dead husbands ballot . which I am sure happens all the time

Is not the rampant Fraud Republicans claims exist

Old 11-03-2022, 04:16 PM   #113
wdmso

Wouldn’t ID and in person voting be a possible solution to preventing it from happening?"

Nope .. why because it been getting done for years

Eight states—California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Vermont and Washington—allow all elections to be conducted by mail.

Two states—Nebraska and North Dakota—permit counties to opt into conducting elections by mail.

Republicans only see fairness when they win but only fraud when they lose. Because they have no standards
Old 11-03-2022, 08:05 PM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wouldn’t ID and in person voting be a possible solution to preventing it from happening?"

Nope .. why because it been getting done for years

Eight states—California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Vermont and Washington—allow all elections to be conducted by mail.

Two states—Nebraska and North Dakota—permit counties to opt into conducting elections by mail.

Republicans only see fairness when they win but only fraud when they lose. Because they have no standards
wayne, is there one, single, policy issue, on which you think the democrats have done a crappy job ovet the last two years? And meaningful agenda items on which guys give them a bad grade? Anything?

Or have they done everything well?
Old 11-04-2022, 07:57 AM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

Tim Michels: "Republicans will never lose another election in Wisconsin after I'm elected governor."

He’s saying the quiet part out loud.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:01 AM   #116
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Tim Michels: "Republicans will never lose another election in Wisconsin after I'm elected governor."

He’s saying the quiet part out loud.

I like his enthusiasm for his team....probably make a great football coach too!