Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-10-2022, 03:46 PM   #331
Pete F.
Canceled

Was this Jim?
Outside Mar-a-Lago, a concerned citizen wants to know why the FBI isn’t doing anything about Hillary’s emails or Hunter’s laptop.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-10-2022, 03:50 PM   #332
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I think Jim will need help or alcohol to get over this deep state raid on the GOP savior and whataboutism is going to run rampant now. Break out the but Hilary and Hunter playbook Jim.
Well, I've said he's dirty and I really hope they find enough on him so that he never runs again. So from that, please tell me why I'd be shaken if that's what happens? I'm really curious what I've said, that would make you think my sanity depends on Trump remaining the GOP savior?

Tell me what about this you don't get?

I want him gone, he served his purpose (nobody else had a prayer against Hilary, nobody). but it's time for him to go away and let an adult run as a Republican.

Is that too complicated for you?

"Break out the but Hilary and Hunter playbook Jim"

The FBI director, not me, said it was very concerning the way they swept the Hunter Biden thing under the rug. If the GOP takes the house, it will be their turn to conduct hearings and to engage in impeachments. And they will.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:15 PM   #333
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Well, I've said he's dirty and I really hope they find enough on him so that he never runs again.

I don't want trump to run...you'd think the dems would be thrilled for him to run based on all their bloviating...but they seem terrified of him for some reason....
Old 08-10-2022, 06:17 PM   #334
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Was this Jim?
Outside Mar-a-Lago, a concerned citizen wants to know why the FBI isn’t doing anything about Hillary’s emails or Hunter’s laptop.
it's a valid question....
Old 08-10-2022, 06:33 PM   #335
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's a valid question....
the current fbi director says it’s concerning. but it’s ok if he says it. not ok if i say it.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:51 PM   #336
scottw

Quote:

If the GOP takes the house, it will be their turn to conduct hearings and to engage in impeachments. And they will.
this will be fabulous fun....
Old 08-10-2022, 06:57 PM   #337
Jim in CT

Quote:
this will be fabulous fun....
the democrats do these things ( like only requiring 52 votes to confirm a judge), thinking that they will
never be in the minority, never be in the receiving end.
Old 08-11-2022, 03:19 PM   #338
wdmso

Quote:
Well, I've said he's dirty and I really hope they find enough on him so that he never runs again. So from that, please tell me why I'd be shaken if that's what happens? I'm really curious what I've said, that would make you think my sanity depends on Trump remaining the GOP savior?

Tell me what about this you don't get?

I want him gone, he served his purpose (nobody else had a prayer against Hilary, nobody). but it's time for him to go away and let an adult run as a Republican.

Is that too complicated for you?

"Break out the but Hilary and Hunter playbook Jim"

The FBI director, not me, said it was very concerning the way they swept the Hunter Biden thing under the rug. If the GOP takes the house, it will be their turn to conduct hearings and to engage in impeachments. And they will.
The FBI director, not me, said it was very concerning the way they swept the Hunter Biden thing under the rug.

Who swept it under the rug ? The media!

He’s the Current FBI director are you suggesting he’s swept it under the Rug.

And yet you can’t prove a crime was even committed. Feelings aren’t evidence

the GOP takes the house, it will be their turn to conduct hearings and to engage in impeachments. And they will.

Of course they will. But not for legitimate reasons of course . Or to support the rule of law
Old 08-11-2022, 03:33 PM   #339
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wayne they don’t pass legislation that helps the average American, so they will need something to do.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:00 PM   #340
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Define “Average American”?
Old 08-11-2022, 04:09 PM   #341
Pete F.
Canceled

Americans have finally woken up and stopped focusing on what MSM talking heads & policy wonks were saying and discovered real people are damned upset about Roe, mass shootings, January 6th, the Big Lie, the assault on public schools and Republicans extremism in general.

Media blamed Biden for

…the formula shortage that wasn’t his fault. But won’t give him credit for fixing it.

…gas prices that weren’t his fault. But won’t give him credit that they’ve gone down.

…inflation that wasn’t his fault. But won’t give him credit that it’s stemmed.

And Trumplicans think stealing classified documents is a winner?
Old 08-11-2022, 04:12 PM   #342
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The FBI director, not me, said it was very concerning the way they swept the Hunter Biden thing under the rug.

Who swept it under the rug ? The media!

He’s the Current FBI director are you suggesting he’s swept it under the Rug.

And yet you can’t prove a crime was even committed. Feelings aren’t evidence

the GOP takes the house, it will be their turn to conduct hearings and to engage in impeachments. And they will.

Of course they will. But not for legitimate reasons of course . Or to support the rule of law
"Who swept it under the rug ? The media!

He’s the Current FBI director are you suggesting he’s swept it under the Rug. "

I posted a link, which unfortunately you didn't have someone read to you. The FBI director said it's "very concerning" to him the way it was suppressed. Those are his words, not mine, and I bet he knows almost as much about what happened, as you do.

"And yet you can’t prove a crime was even committed"

Well, when they refuse to investigate, isn't it kind of hard to prove anything? Carter Page was never charged with anything, that didn't stop the same FBI from lying to a FISA court to get a warrant to spy on him. But Hunter is untouchable. For now.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:21 PM   #343
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wayne they don’t pass legislation that helps the average American, so they will need something to do.
Yet in the Gallup poll taken in the summer of 2020 (during the height of the pandemic), a record number of Americans said they were better off after 4 years of Trump. According to Gallup - Trumps 56% who said they were better off was "easily the highest Gallup has recorded among comparable points in previous incumbents' presidencies."

Lemme guess - Obama's policies were the reasons why so many said they were better off in 2020 than in 2016.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...er-off-1621962
Old 08-11-2022, 04:41 PM   #344
spence

Quote:
the current fbi director says it’s concerning. but it’s ok if he says it. not ok if i say it.
You’re confusing his remarks.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:49 PM   #345
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You’re confusing his remarks.
clarify them for me please?
Old 08-12-2022, 12:54 AM   #346
Pete F.
Canceled

According to Rasmussen poll (Trump’s favorite pollster), President Biden's job approval has risen from 36% three weeks ago to 45% today.

6.5 million new jobs -528k in July
Unemployment 3.5% -- 50-year low
Covid Relief Deal
Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act
Inflation Reduction Act (includes major climate action)
1st Major gun safety law
-Zawahiri killed
-CHIPS Act passes
-PACT Act passes
-Gas hits 50+ day low
U.S. Federal deficit decreased by 30% in July to $211 billion.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:31 AM   #347
spence

Quote:
clarify them for me please?
You can use the google. He looked to be commenting on an agent who was making some social media posts that he didn’t like but had nothing to do specifically with Hunter Biden.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:24 AM   #348
Jim in CT

Quote:
You can use the google. He looked to be commenting on an agent who was making some social media posts that he didn’t like but had nothing to do specifically with Hunter Biden.
Ah. donuts your interpretation of his comments, as opposed to his explicit comments, that would suggest i was confused. And we are all shocked that your interpretation of his comments, has a pro hunter biden result. No one saw that coming.

If the gop takes the house ( more of an if than i’d have thought), we will
see. No matter what facts get revealed,, we all look forward to your creative spin and denial.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:28 AM   #349
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wray: “when i read the letter that describes the kinds of things you’re talking about, i found it deeply troubling.”

Things, plural.

the letter includes claims of the FBIs social media posts and allegations they buried the Hunter Biden affair.

Yup, i’m the one who is confused.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:37 AM   #350
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wray: “when i read the letter that describes the kinds of things you’re talking about, i found it deeply troubling.”

Things, plural.

the letter includes claims of the FBIs social media posts and allegations they buried the Hunter Biden affair.

You’re correct, you’re confused.

Kennedy grilled Wray on Thibault’s alleged partisan actions on social media over the past few years, such as “liking” a Washington Post article titled “William Barr has gone rogue” and tweeting to Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) that her father — former Vice President #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney — was a “disgrace.” Kennedy also mentioned Thibault’s retweet of a Lincoln Project post saying that “Donald Trump is a psychologically broken, embittered, and deeply unhappy man.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-12-2022, 06:41 AM   #351
Pete F.
Canceled

Back to the midterms

When you lose Fox “News”…

Steve Doocy confronts Minority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise: “Whatever happened to the Republican party backing the blue?”
Old 08-12-2022, 07:55 AM   #352
wdmso

Quote:

Things, plural.

Yet Wray who heads the FBI has done nothing public in the Hunter case why do you think that is.

Please don’t say Biden because Of Trump a sitting POTUS a an not be charged with a crime ( and Iam not saying ones been committed)

2 it’s called chain of custody. It’s a real thing. No court or judges are going to allow that laptop which has been handled by so many conservatives and Republicans Biden Haters it makes Jeffery Epstein look like an alter boy . And if they do any good defense lawyer will have a field day

Hunters investigation has entered its final stages, prosecutors have narrowed their focus to tax and gun-related charges, the people say.

Wow getting a gun No Republicans care about gun laws

And now Republicans care about Tax evasion Or just Hunters

Do you make $75,000 or less?” tweeted House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy. “Democrats’ new army of 87,000 IRS agents will be coming for you—with 710,000 new audits for Americans who earn less than $75k.” Richard Grenell, Trump’s former Acting Director of National Intelligence, wrote on the social media platform: “The FBI raids Trump’s house and the Democrats vote to add 87,000 new IRS agents to go after Americans. Wake up, America.”

But they won’t tell the Truth. They can’t

includes roughly $78 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:00 AM   #353
scottw

Quote:

Yet Wray who heads the FBI has done nothing public in the Hunter case why do you think that is.

I bet if trump or one of his family members took video of themselves with guns, crack and hookers....they'd investigate....and we'd hear about it
Old 08-12-2022, 08:02 AM   #354
scottw

Quote:
Y

includes roughly $78 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.
I saw the ad for new agents...."willing to use deadly force" was a prerequisite in Dark Brandon's Enforcement Brigade
Old 08-12-2022, 08:03 AM   #355
Pete F.
Canceled

Today in the U.S., corporations will steal $137 million in wages, rich people will steal $2.75 billion in taxes, and 1,300 people will die from poverty, air pollution, and medical error. Think about who benefits from the news ignoring this and focusing on how the IRS will get you
Old 08-12-2022, 08:03 AM   #356
scottw

Quote:

such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.

what would they be then?
Old 08-12-2022, 08:04 AM   #357
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I bet if trump or one of his family members took video of themselves with guns, crack and hookers....they'd investigate....and we'd hear about it
You haven’t seen Don Jr and his honey, have you?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #358
wdmso

Homeland Security watchdog delays probe — with GOP help

Joseph V. Cuffari and his staff have refused to release certain documents and tried to block interviews for a long-running probe that has evolved into more than a dozen allegations of misconduct.

Another witch or just more of the same GOP integrity
Old 08-12-2022, 11:33 AM   #359
wdmso

Quote:
what would they be then?
Now your playing dumb.

Classic, you think the IRS is made up of only of agents.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:55 AM   #360
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You’re correct, you’re confused.

Kennedy grilled Wray on Thibault’s alleged partisan actions on social media over the past few years, such as “liking” a Washington Post article titled “William Barr has gone rogue” and tweeting to Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) that her father — former Vice President #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney — was a “disgrace.” Kennedy also mentioned Thibault’s retweet of a Lincoln Project post saying that “Donald Trump is a psychologically broken, embittered, and deeply unhappy man.”
Kennedy grilled Wray for the FBI agents social media posts, AND for the allegation that the same agent didn't want to look into Hunter. 2 things. And Wray referenced things that were deeply troubling to him.

The "s" at the end of "things", means plural.