Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-13-2022, 05:22 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You really don’t get it do you Jim.

Once again making comparison on topics with zero connections. To the topic on hand.

Why am I not surprised

Ps get back to me when Biden’s wrongs are illegal or the FBI feels the need to get a search warrant due to his lack of cooperation

FYI Trumps excuse for those documents were just as I predicted

He claims he de classified them

Ya know the ones he said he didn’t have
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Biden has a rape allegation against him. And and his loser son made zillions in ukraine when VP Joe was obama’s point man there. And that’s just a coincidence.

it’s kind of easy to say bidens wrongs aren’t that bad, when we refuse to look into any of them. isn’t it?

Bidens lies, his sexual
impropriety, his shady financial deals, none of that is worth discussing, because itjeyre not as severe as those of trump. So there’s a certain amount of unethical
behavior that’s acceptable,,and shockingly you say Biden is below the limit, therefore you can’t discuss. any of it even for a second.

so your synopsis of biden is, “hey, he’s not as bad as Trump.”
Old 08-13-2022, 07:10 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Biden has a rape allegation against him. And and his loser son made zillions in ukraine when VP Joe was obama’s point man there. And that’s just a coincidence.

it’s kind of easy to say bidens wrongs aren’t that bad, when we refuse to look into any of them. isn’t it?

Bidens lies, his sexual
impropriety, his shady financial deals, none of that is worth discussing, because itjeyre not as severe as those of trump. So there’s a certain amount of unethical
behavior that’s acceptable,,and shockingly you say Biden is below the limit, therefore you can’t discuss. any of it even for a second.

so your synopsis of biden is, “hey, he’s not as bad as Trump.”
The master of whataboutism strikes again.
Nothing of substance was found is not that nobody looked.
Now do Trump Corps current court case, Ivankas china deals, Jared’s Saudi billions and the Stable Genius’s 20+ sexual assault allegations, some of which he admitted on tape.

“Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.”

You compare near beer to moonshine and convince yourself you’re drunk.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2022, 11:05 AM   #3
PaulS

Quote:

I hadn't read that Joe Biden made zillions off of Ukraine do you have a link to that?
Old 08-13-2022, 04:41 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

So telling that after we all now know how serious this is, potentially more dangerous to our national security than we might never know, yet for Snarky boy it’s pushing Pete’s buttons and Jim it’s whataboutism about the Biden’s. No concern about how serious this is, no questions about WTF Trump intended to do with these compartmentalization documents that are at the highest levels of top secret.
Old 08-13-2022, 06:03 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

No concern about how serious this is, no questions about WTF Trump intended to do with these compartmentalization documents that are at the highest levels of top secret.
you actually don't know that much at this point, there are leaked details from unnamed sources....those always work out for you

Hillary would have just cut the top secret label off the top and said .."what does it matter?"....and I don't think she ever had the ability to declassify stuff

if he's really done something so seriously wrong I'm sure he'll be in handcuffs shortly....or worse

‘Sounds about Right’: Ex-CIA Chief Michael Hayden Implies Trump Should Be Executed for Taking Classified Docs
Old 08-13-2022, 07:26 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

if he's really done something so seriously wrong I'm sure he'll be in handcuffs shortly....or worse

‘Sounds about Right’: Ex-CIA Chief Michael Hayden Implies Trump Should Be Executed for Taking Classified Docs
Edward Snowden, the man at the heart of the NSA information leaks, is nothing but a “traitor” — and America ought to recreate history in dealing with him, real estate mogul Donald Trump said on a “Fox & Friends” interview.

In other words, execute him, Mr. Trump implied.

“I think Snowden is a terrible threat, I think he’s a terrible traitor, and you know what we used to do in the good old days when we were a strong country — you know what we used to do to traitors, right?” Trump said, Politico reported.

“Well, you killed them, Donald,” said fill-in host, Eric Bolling.

Mr. Trump’s response: Well, he is damaging America.

“This guy is really doing damage to this country, and he’s also making us look like dopes,” he said, Politico reported. “We can’t allow this guy to go out there and give out all our secrets and also embarrass us at every level. We should get him back and get him back now.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2022, 07:05 AM   #7
wdmso

Ivanka’s Trademark Requests Were Fast-Tracked In China After Trump Was Elected

On March 29, 2017, Ivanka Trump, the eldest daughter of President Trump, became an official government employee, joining her husband, Jared Kushner, as an adviser to her father.

The day before that appointment, Ivanka applied for 17 new trademarks with the Chinese government.

Jared and Ivanka made up to $640 million in the White House

One major factor in their outside profits came from Ivanka Trump’s ownership stake in the Trump Hotel in DC, just blocks from the White House and the locus of influence peddling in the Trump administration.

Then Jared scores Gee, Wonder Why Mohammed Bin Salman Personally Intervened to Give Jared Kushner $2 Billion
Advisers for the Saudi Arabian foreign wealth fund didn’t want to infuse Kushner’s private equity firm with cash. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman did it anyway

But but Biden’s financial deals really he provided his tax returns Trump did not

But but Hunter yet while trump was in office and Republicans owned the house no Hunter probe no lap top not a finger lifted to address his supposed Crimes ? Until Biden got the democratic nomination . Coincidence?

FYI Hunter Biden is an American lawyer and lobbyist who has a net worth of $1 million. let that soak in the conservatives bubble want you to think Hunter is the Napoleon of Crime !
Old 08-13-2022, 07:31 AM   #8
wdmso

Jim you only want these things looked into to because your trying to defend trump with your fanatical what about isms based on a feeling

Talk about witch hunts . You have no evidence of wrong doing.. yet conservatives want investigations to support their feelings and their made up versions of events.

Just look at Hillary’s emails they just ignored the investigation conclusion. Because it didn’t lock her up
The same with Benghazi years of looking and they found nothing but still conservatives insist their feeling were correct not the investigation

Jan 6th hearings sworn testimony over and over from Republicans! Dismissed by conservatives and Republicans who’s intelligent response to counter the testimony is just yell or type RINOS

You can go all they back to Clinton and white water Ken star. And don’t forgot The idea that Bill and Hillary Clinton secretly kill their political enemies has circulated in right-wing fever swamps for decades.

Now those right wing conspiracys are GOP mainstream And it seem they have influenced you as well
Old 08-13-2022, 07:34 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:

Jim you only want these things looked into to because your trying to defend trump with your fanatical what about isms based on a feeling

Talk about witch hunts . You have no evidence of wrong doing.. yet conservatives want investigations to support their feelings and their made up versions of events.

Just look at Hillary’s emails they just ignored the investigation conclusion. Because it didn’t lock her up
The same with Benghazi years of looking and they found nothing but still conservatives insist their feeling were correct not the investigation

Jan 6th hearings sworn testimony over and over from Republicans! Dismissed by conservatives and Republicans who’s intelligent response to counter the testimony is just yell or type RINOS

You can go all they back to Clinton and white water Ken star. And don’t forgot The idea that Bill and Hillary Clinton secretly kill their political enemies has circulated in right-wing fever swamps for decades.

Now those right wing conspiracys are GOP mainstream And it seem they have influenced you as well
i want thinks looked into, because things should be looked into. I want trump looked into. i want biden looked into.

You only care when republicans misbehave. let’s be honest for a second here.

i have demonstrated the ability to criticize my side when they deserve it. You can’t do it.

7,500 posts wayne. And every single one of them says the same
exact thing. Democrats are pure, republicans are evil. Every single post says the same exact thing. Show me one that doesn’t.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-13-2022 at 07:43 AM..
Old 08-13-2022, 08:49 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i want thinks looked into, because things should be looked into. I want trump looked into. i want biden looked into.

You only care when republicans misbehave. let’s be honest for a second here.

i have demonstrated the ability to criticize my side when they deserve it. You can’t do it.

7,500 posts wayne. And every single one of them says the same
exact thing. Democrats are pure, republicans are evil. Every single post says the same exact thing. Show me one that doesn’t.
Question: How do we know that you haven’t kidnapped Dalmatian puppies and are holding them to make yourself a coat?

(Same level of reality as your question; I assume we are playing “what if” games today.)

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2022, 09:10 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Question: How do we know that you haven’t kidnapped Dalmatian puppies and are holding them to make yourself a coat?

(Same level of reality as your question; I assume we are playing “what if” games today.)
so the chances that the bidens were selling influence, is no higher than the chances that i slaughter dogs to make coats. one is no more likely than the other.

well,,if the gop takes the house, we will see what happened with the bidens, and we will see whether or not it was appropriate for the fbi to ignore it.

i can live with either outcome. You can’t.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:47 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so the chances that the bidens were selling influence, is no higher than the chances that i slaughter dogs to make coats. one is no more likely than the other.

well,,if the gop takes the house, we will see what happened with the bidens, and we will see whether or not it was appropriate for the fbi to ignore it.

i can live with either outcome. You can’t.
Poor victim
You’ve ignored the evidence for the past five years about Trump, praised and defended him, his family and administration.
Now you claim to have seen the truth and what you were lead to say and believe is not so bad because whatabout.

And you’re pinning your hopes on Gym Jordan and his ilk.
SAD

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2022, 09:06 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Since whataboutism is so popular

What about the time when the GOP bought into the “broken window” theory of crime: that if smaller offenses are accepted, it leads to serious crime. So when Kellyanne breaks the law in WH & taunts “arrest me” to cheers from GOP, is it a surprise that now GOP defends stealing nuclear secrets?

Of course, the “broken window” theory only applies to black and brown people.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:38 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:

Since whataboutism is so popular

I think you invented it...congratulate yourself and have another drink
Old 08-13-2022, 11:48 AM   #15
scottw

the trump cult radicalized extremists are really out of control....

Former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang has condemned the FBI’s recent raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, saying the decision “seems political” in nature.

In a series of tweets on Tuesday, Yang, 47, wrote that although he is “no Trump fan,” the raid on the former U.S. president’s Palm Beach residence could be viewed as “unjust persecution” by millions of Americans.

I’m no Trump fan. I want him as far away from the White House as possible. But a fundamental part of his appeal has been that it’s him against a corrupt government establishment. This raid strengthens that case for millions of Americans who will see this as unjust persecution.

Former Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard criticized the FBI’s raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence, saying it “changed the country that we grew up in.”

“Now, whatever your views are on Donald Trump, there is no denying that the unprecedented raid on his Palm Beach home earlier this week has set our country on a dangerous new course, and there’s no turning back. The FBI’s raid on Mar-a-Lago changed the country that we grew up in,”
Old 08-13-2022, 01:53 PM   #16
wdmso

News Alert: Cincinnati FBI shooter was prolific contributor to Trump’s Truth Social website

Shocking
Old 08-13-2022, 01:57 PM   #17
wdmso

Documents show how Trump landed Lincoln Memorial for Fox News event
Trump’s 2020 ‘town hall’ was held inside the memorial, an area where events have long been barred by federal regulations

I guess no influence peddling going on with That
Old 08-13-2022, 02:01 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Documents show how Trump landed Lincoln Memorial for Fox News event
Trump’s 2020 ‘town hall’ was held inside the memorial, an area where events have long been barred by federal regulations

I guess no influence peddling going on with That
dig deep baby
Old 08-13-2022, 03:30 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

"It doesn't matter what damn lie we tell, so long as we all tell the same damn lie." Trump World this weekend seems to have forgotten that ancient piece of underworld advice ...
Old 08-13-2022, 03:51 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

The fact that a Trump lawyer misrepresented something to the DOJ may explain why Trump is having a hard time finding a lawyer on this issue.

He'll be pro se or repped by John Pierce before this is done, just like all the other insurrectionists.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:38 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
The fact that a Trump lawyer misrepresented something to the DOJ may explain why Trump is having a hard time finding a lawyer on this issue.

He'll be pro se or repped by John Pierce before this is done, just like all the other insurrectionists.
Can’t he bring back Rudy, oh yeah the Trump lies cost him his license.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:07 PM   #22
scottw

I hope this works out for you guys....I'd hate to see how disappointed you'll be if....well...

Garland didn't sound like a confident person the other day....sounded like someone who knew he'd really stepped in it..

that said....I'm sure trump was selling nuclear secrets that no one had missed from the time he left office till now......
Old 08-13-2022, 05:21 PM   #23
wdmso

No president has the right to retain presidential records after he or she leaves office," Baron said. "And so it is an extraordinary circumstance if presidential records are found in a former president's residence or anywhere else under his control."

Only conservatives see anything short of a conviction as Trump being vindicated .

Such twisted logic
Old 08-13-2022, 06:17 PM   #24
scottw

Quote:

Only conservatives see anything short of a conviction as Trump being vindicated .

Such twisted logic

I thought he was going to be executed?
Old 08-14-2022, 06:55 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Have any prominent Republicans—in the Senate, the House, governors—stepped up to remind their supporters, who are also overwhelmingly Trump supporters, to reject lawlessness and violence, and indeed to report disturbing any threats of which they become aware to law enforcement?
Old 08-14-2022, 07:26 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Have any prominent Republicans—in the Senate, the House, governors—stepped up to remind their supporters, who are also overwhelmingly Trump supporters, to reject lawlessness and violence, and indeed to report disturbing any threats of which they become aware to law enforcement?
so when pro-abortion lefties published the name and address of the schools that Amy Barrett’s kids attend, did you step up to remind us to reject threats and violence against little
kids? Or did you not care, because it’s ok when democrats do it?
Old 08-14-2022, 08:04 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so when pro-abortion lefties published the name and address of the schools that Amy Barrett’s kids attend, did you step up to remind us to reject threats and violence against little
kids? Or did you not care, because it’s ok when democrats do it?
What about……you’re lost in the taint again

Some of us are wannabe oligarchs and others are Major General Smedley Butler’s
Once again we pick sides, it’s obvious which one you would pick.
You would be all in on a Wall Street putsch.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-14-2022, 07:27 AM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The "law and order" party is spouting some pretty dangerous rhetoric, but when you have a president telling supporters to smack the sh*t out of someone and offering to pay the legal bills what to you expect. When your president suggests he could kill someone on 5th avenue and not be charged, what do you expect from his loyal supporters. When the DOJ tried for months to get everything back, stepping up to issuing subpoena's only to get a Trump lawyer signing a statement stating all documents had been returned, your pretty much left with one option if you want those highly classified documents back. Yet the Talking heads at Fox and in the GOP see this as overstepping and weaponizing the FBI.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

The "law and order" party is spouting some pretty dangerous rhetoric, .
they need to be silenced and arrested, reeducated it that's even possible,,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	298961460_3115810312003279_6654520306207049634_n.png
Views:	45
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	69093  
Old 08-15-2022, 04:14 AM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well there is no cure for stupid, Trump of course being the most glaring example. He even loves to inadvertently of course, show the public how stupid he truly is. I love his excuse for taking these classified documents, everyone takes work home and like magic anytime anything leaves the Oval Office it’s magically de-classified. Trump never actual ever worked or took national security serious, but maybe his loyal band of followers will buy it. If you can buy Trump won in a landslide, you certainly will accept this BS.