Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
name one......
My Mother.

-spence
Old 04-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
My Mother.

-spence
don't believe you
Old 04-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
don't believe you
Did you feel like jumping the shark or did it just come to you?

-spence
Old 04-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Did you feel like jumping the shark or did it just come to you?

-spence
stupid
Old 04-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #5
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Hmm, I wonder how all those check cashing stores ID their customers?

" Choose Life "
Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Hmm, I wonder how all those check cashing stores ID their customers?
the argument is stupid, it's hardly an imposition to show an id, we all do it regularly, it's hard to navigate daily life without one...but that seems to be where we are at ...it just helps fan the flames

Last edited by scottw; 04-13-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Old 04-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
buckman

Quote:
My Mother.

-spence
I don't want to harp on this but your mother doesn't have any form of identification ? It is pretty hard to believe . Is she poor ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I don't want to harp on this but your mother doesn't have any form of identification ? It is pretty hard to believe . Is she poor ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I actually called her to confirm before I posted earlier. Shes does today, but didn't have *any* form of government ID for over 14 years due to health reasons. She only got an ID recently because of legal issues surrounding her mother's estate.

I'm pretty sure she's voted every election cycle regardless via absentee ballot.

So it's not that hard to believe, and no, she isn't even poor. Doubt she voted for Obama either...

-spence
Old 04-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
I actually called her to confirm before I posted earlier. Shes does today, but didn't have *any* form of government ID for over 14 years due to health reasons. She only got an ID recently because of legal issues surrounding her mother's estate.

I'm pretty sure she's voted every election cycle regardless via absentee ballot.

So it's not that hard to believe, and no, she isn't even poor. Doubt she voted for Obama either...

-spence
sorry, it's very hard to believe..and it's hardly an argument against requiring an id to vote..sounds like she was able to get one when she needed to
Old 04-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
sorry, it's very hard to believe..and it's hardly an argument against requiring an id to vote..sounds like she was able to get one when she needed to
Yes, I'm lying about my mother...sweet jesus.

The point is you said "name one" and I did...just be a man and admit when you're wrong.

-spence
Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Yes, I'm lying about my mother...sweet jesus.

The point is you said "name one" and I did...just be a man and admit when you're wrong.

-spence
I asked you to "name one" and you named your mother and then later admitted that she does, in fact, have an ID...how does that make me wrong?...I'd say you were lying about your mother or at least using her in yet another of your distortions...doesn't seem very "manly"...she should spank you

none of this supports your contention that there are those out there for whom providing an ID when voting would somehow be a burden or a "hardship" ..she has an ID, however recent or not and has always voted according to you, she would not be affected by a requirement to present an ID in order to vote, ....bad example...try again

you would ignore a pretty lengthy list of documented voter fraud incidents and examples and argue something that does not exist, this mythical hardship that is supposedly caused when an adult is asked to provide a form of ID...sweet Jesus

Last edited by scottw; 04-15-2014 at 05:36 AM..
Old 04-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
I asked you to "name one" and you named your mother and then later admitted that she does, in fact, have an ID...how does that make me wrong?...I'd say you were lying about your mother or at least using her in yet another of your distortions...doesn't seem very "manly"...she should spank you
I said there are people who don't have ID, that she got one for other reasons just recently is irrelevant, that she didn't for quite some time is certainly evidence that some don't.

Quote:
none of this supports your contention that there are those out there for whom providing an ID when voting would somehow be a burden or a "hardship" ..she has an ID, however recent or not and has always voted according to you, she would not be affected by a requirement to present an ID in order to vote, ....bad example...try again
Having to obtain ID if you don't have one would be a burden for anyone, if it would qualify as a "hardship" would be relative. In the RI example you cited above the State tried to make it easy...but what about states that don't want to make it easy? If a Federal ID law is passed should they also require that states try and make it easy as well? Isn't this more Liberal legislation?

Quote:
you would ignore a pretty lengthy list of documented voter fraud incidents and examples and argue something that does not exist, this mythical hardship that is supposedly caused when an adult is asked to provide a form of ID...sweet Jesus
Post it then, I hope there's some significant items in there.

-spence
Old 04-14-2014, 06:00 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
I She only got an ID recently because of legal issues surrounding her mother's estate.

-spence
OK. She didn't have an id, and then the government told her that she needed one for probate reasons. What did she do? Did she (a) simply go get an id, or (b) tell Al Sharpton that the probate courts are racist and only require an id to deny poor black people the right to inherit their estates?

You are proving my point exactly Spence - that sometimes you need to know exactly who you are dealing with, and that requiring a photo id in those situations is clearly not an undue burden.

Unbelievable...
Old 04-14-2014, 07:31 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You are proving my point exactly Spence - that sometimes you need to know exactly who you are dealing with, and that requiring a photo id in those situations is clearly not an undue burden.
That would assume the situation was ripe for fraud. The evidence doesn't appear to prove that's the case.

What you're saying is that you want legislation that would expand the regulatory power of government in a manner not congruent with the Costitution.

According to Detbuch's other thread you're supporting liberal policy.

-spence
Old 04-14-2014, 08:15 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
That would assume the situation was ripe for fraud. The evidence doesn't appear to prove that's the case.

What you're saying is that you want legislation that would expand the regulatory power of government in a manner not congruent with the Costitution.

According to Detbuch's other thread you're supporting liberal policy.

-spence
"That would assume the situation was ripe for fraud. The evidence doesn't appear to prove that's the case. "

We have all seen sporadic cases of voter fraud, small scale stuff. Since you are the one who is saying that probate and voter fraud are sufficiently difefrent that one should require proof of id and one should not, where is your proof that there is large-scale indntity theft when it comes to claiming inheritances?

"you want legislation that would expand the regulatory power of government in a manner not congruent with the Costitution."

Requiring an id is unconstitutional? Please explain that?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
We have all seen sporadic cases of voter fraud, small scale stuff.
I think you've answered your own question.

Quote:
Requiring an id is unconstitutional? Please explain that?
I haven't found it and I've read through several times, perhaps it's next to that Obamacare prescription drug ID mandate

-spence