Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-16-2017, 09:51 PM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And NOW, after all this time, liberals are starting to call out Bill Clinton. Now that he serves no purpose. There is nothing more intellectually bankrupt, than someone who defended him for 25 years, who criticizes him now. Now that the GOP is running everything, NOW the liberals are saying that sexual harassment is not something we want in our politicians.

These people have no shame. None.
How many women accused you're recently elected Republican president was it 16 or 19? You even have him on tape saying you just walk up and grab them by the p$$$$! Have the Republicans no shame? Ever hear of Anita Hill?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How many women accused you're recently elected Republican president was it 16 or 19? You even have him on tape saying you just walk up and grab them by the p$$$$! Have the Republicans no shame? Ever hear of Anita Hill?
Here's the difference Paul, and it's a huge difference. Many, many many influential Republicans attacked Trump for this. Many many many influential Republicans didn't vote for him. Show me that same outrage for Bill Clinton (back then, when it mattered) from influential liberals? Good luck. Gloria Steinem for Gods sake, wrote a huge essay defending Bill Clinton. Probably the most famous "feminist" alive, was a huge Bill Clinton supporter.

You're fighting a losing battle on this issue...

Anita Hill? She was quite possibly making it all up.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
The other major problem with your side's zero credibility on this issue, is that democrats (not you, but politicians and media) never stop whining that the GOP is waging a war on women. When the democrats have welcomed Hollywood into their ranks, that's a very interesting thing to claim. It's a joke, it is absolutely belied by the facts of what happens on both sides, and it's a big reason why the democrats are obsolete in DC, and in many states, at the moment.

Yes, the GOP has a president at the moment who objectifies women, no doubt. As I said, he (unlike Bill and Hilary) got all kinds of heat for that, from within his own party.

If there is a war on women, Ted Kennedy has the only confirmed kill in that war. He is the Audie Murphy of the war on women.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
The other major problem with your side's zero credibility on this issue, is that democrats (not you, but politicians and media) never stop whining that the GOP is waging a war n women. Woman seem to think so w/all the cuts to contraceptives, etc. When the democrats have welcomed Hollywood into their ranks, that's a very interesting thing to claimIt seems like the Rep. have no problem ELECTING actors - Trump, Reagan, AAArnold, Bono, Eastwood. It's a joke, it is absolutely belied by the facts of what happens on both sides, and it's a big reason why the democrats are obsolete in DC, and in many states, at the moment.

Yes, the GOP has a president at the moment who objectifies No, it is called ASSUALT women, no doubt. As I said, he (unlike Bill and Hilary) got all kinds of heat for that, from within his own party. Yet somehow he was the Rep. nominee and got elected Pres -

If there is a war on women, Ted Kennedy has the only confirmed kill in that war. He is the Audie Murphy of the war on women.
Where his partners willing particpants? Can't recall them saying they weren't.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Woman seem to think so w/all the cuts to contraceptives, etc"

Liberal women think so. Not all women.

Contraceptives are always available when there is a true health need (my wife had a need to be on the pill, which had nothing whatsoever to do with contraception. What conservatives/Christians often oppose, is forcing employers to provide free contraception, when it's to be used for recreational sex. When there is an underlying health issue, the contraception is provided. Your side usually leaves out that part.

"claimIt seems like the Rep. have no problem ELECTING actors - Trump, Reagan, AAArnold, Bono, Eastwood"

So you are denying that Hollywood leans left. Sounds rational to me.

"No, it is called ASSUALT "

He's accused of assault. He is proven guilty of objectifying.

"Yet somehow he was the Rep. nominee and got elected Pres "

Yes. But unlike the perverts on your side, Trump was widely criticized for being a jerk. Lots of influential republicans denounced him and announced that they didn't vote for him. Please tell me what influential liberals denounced Hilary because she lied to enable Bill and attacked his victims? Because I can give you a long list of conservatives who denounced Trump (Condaleeza Rice, Bush 43, George Will...)there was w hole "never Trump movement within the GOP. Was there similar resistance to Bill, Hilary, or Ted Kennedy?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
You talking about Bill? Are you serious? Juanita Broderick has long claimed he raped her. And he paid off Paula Jones with a fat settlement. But let's ignore that.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
You talking about Bill? Are you serious? Juanita Broderick has long claimed he raped her. And he paid off Paula Jones with a fat settlement. But let's ignore that.
I'm talking about the person you mentioned directly above in the post - Kennedy.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm talking about the person you mentioned directly above in the post - Kennedy.
Ok, let's talk about Kennedy (Ted). Mary Joe agreed to let him drive off a bridge, leave her, go back to a party, and lawyer up?

Talking about Ted Kennedy, not JFK.

Paul, there are perverts on both sides. I'm not saying all Republicans are faithful to their wives. What I'm saying, is that your side is far more tolerant, far more willing to look the other way, when high-profile politicians/entertainers act this way. Yet you claim that my side is waging war on women. It's absolute nonsense.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #9
scottw

BIDEN-FRANKENSTEIN 2020

HEY JOE...THAT'S NOT YOUR WIFE....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_24.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	64714