Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-14-2022, 08:31 PM   #151
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Yea, it’s the brown people
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it’s the fact that the US allows huge numbers of penniless, unskilled people in. many other countries don’t do that.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:30 PM   #152
Pete F.
Canceled

No we don’t have the highest percentage of immigrants
Old 04-15-2022, 07:11 AM   #153
wdmso

It's a little easier to achieve good health care results in a small country thats 90% racially homogeneous.

You need to post a link for this suggestion
Old 04-15-2022, 07:17 AM   #154
Jim in CT

Quote:
No we don’t have the highest percentage of immigrants
I never said we did. Read what I wrote.

This is what you constantly do. I post something, then you claim I posted some extreme, nonsensical gibberish.

here's what I posted - "the US allows huge numbers of penniless, unskilled people in. many other countries don’t do that."

How could you possibly go from there, to "we have the highest percentage of immigrants"?

You're always responding to something I didn't come close to saying...
Old 04-15-2022, 07:22 AM   #155
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It's a little easier to achieve good health care results in a small country thats 90% racially homogeneous.

You need to post a link for this suggestion
Pete said other countries have "batter results". I've asked him several times for a list of those countries, and strangely he refuses to provide it, unless I missed it.

Why do you think he made the claim, then won't provide the list?

Liberals like to point to Scandanavia of how we should be. I'm assuming that's what he was referring to, I could be wrong. Those countries have a lot of oil which they don't ignore like we do, and they don't let in millions and millions of unskilled immigrants.

We're a huge country that has a massive and wide-open border with Mexico. You need to take that into account when you compare our results to other countries.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:37 AM   #156
Pete F.
Canceled

Feel free to google healthcare costs, results and immigrant populations in the top twenty countries.
The USA is consistently falling behind while increasing cost per capita
It’s not the “brown people”
Old 04-15-2022, 10:45 AM   #157
Jim in CT

Quote:
Feel free to google healthcare costs, results and immigrant populations in the top twenty countries.
The USA is consistently falling behind while increasing cost per capita
It’s not the “brown people”
It's not?

You're saying whites aren't generally healthier in the US, than blacks and Hispanics? Because if they are healthier, than it is indeed non-whites who keep the results from being better.

It's cultural. Liberalism keeps these people alive, but in horrific situations, and you almost have to believe it's blatantly intentional. Liberalism increases dependency on welfare, robs them of the innate desire to thrive, causes insane rates of fatherlessness, coddles drug users, etc...All kinds of negative health effects from that culture.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:10 AM   #158
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I never said we did. Read what I wrote.

This is what you constantly do. I post something, then you claim I posted some extreme, nonsensical gibberish.

here's what I posted - "the US allows huge numbers of penniless, unskilled people in. many other countries don’t do that."

How could you possibly go from there, to "we have the highest percentage of immigrants"?

You're always responding to something I didn't come close to saying...
Trump derangement syndrome will do that to some people.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:35 AM   #159
Pete F.
Canceled

Pretty telling when you say that brown people “ You're saying whites aren't generally healthier in the US, than blacks and Hispanics? Because if they are healthier, than it is indeed non-whites who keep the results from being better.”
And the reason is “liberals”
Pretty much fits what the rest of the Aryan Brotherhood claims
Old 04-15-2022, 11:43 AM   #160
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pretty telling when you say that brown people “ You're saying whites aren't generally healthier in the US, than blacks and Hispanics? Because if they are healthier, than it is indeed non-whites who keep the results from being better.”
And the reason is “liberals”
Pretty much fits what the rest of the Aryan Brotherhood claims
Tell me what I said, which is incorrect.

Are whites not generally healthier than hispanics and blacks? Yes or no?

I'm not saying that's good. I'm saying that's the current reality.

Do you disagree?
Old 04-15-2022, 12:09 PM   #161
Pete F.
Canceled

Back to the coup

Newly uncovered texts show Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) begging the Trump White House for talking points to justify stealing the election in November 2020: “Please give me something to work with. I just need to know what I should be saying. Please tell me what I should be saying.”
Old 04-15-2022, 12:12 PM   #162
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Tell me what I said, which is incorrect.

Are whites not generally healthier than hispanics and blacks? Yes or no?

I'm not saying that's good. I'm saying that's the current reality.

Do you disagree?
Now you’re claiming that there’s a factual basis for critical race theory?
Or it’s genetic?
Maybe phrenology?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-15-2022, 12:41 PM   #163
detbuch

Quote:
Or it’s genetic?
Maybe phrenology?
No, it's because of cultural life style differences. Middle class blacks that have similar life styles in food, etc. to middle class whites have fairly the same results as the whites.

Lower class whites that have similar life styles in diet etc. to lower class blacks have similar health outcomes to the Blacks.

If you claim that cultural lifestyles are "systems" or "systemic" than there is a systemic reason for different levels of health . . . and it's not race based.
Old 04-15-2022, 12:41 PM   #164
Jim in CT

Quote:
Or it’s genetic?
Maybe phrenology?
Ok, I asked you three times if whites are generally healthier than non whites in the US, you won't answer. Because in addition to being a lunatic and a liar, you're an unbelievable coward.

Add me to the long, long list of people who will ignore you.

Think hard about John's supposition if you need help.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:49 AM   #165
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Ok, I asked you three times if whites are generally healthier than non whites in the US, you won't answer. Because in addition to being a lunatic and a liar, you're an unbelievable coward.

Add me to the long, long list of people who will ignore you.

Think hard about John's supposition if you need help.
Even Detbuch didn’t agree with your assessment that it’s black peoples fault.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-16-2022, 05:51 AM   #166
wdmso

Quote:
Back to the coup

Newly uncovered texts show Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) begging the Trump White House for talking points to justify stealing the election in November 2020: “Please give me something to work with. I just need to know what I should be saying. Please tell me what I should be saying.”
Another Republican

“If POTUS allows this to occur... we’re driving a stake in the heart of the federal republic...”
That’s a text from Rep. Chip Roy (R-Tex.) to Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows in the days before Congress was going to certify Biden’s win.

Roy argued in texts that Trump’s attempts to overturn his loss on Jan. 6 was undemocratic. “We’re driving a stake in the heart of the federal republic,” he said. It’s the same argument the Jan. 6 committee is making now.

Seeing I agree with these 2 Republicans they must be rinos
Old 04-16-2022, 07:39 AM   #167
Jim in CT

Quote:
Another Republican

“If POTUS allows this to occur... we’re driving a stake in the heart of the federal republic...”
That’s a text from Rep. Chip Roy (R-Tex.) to Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows in the days before Congress was going to certify Biden’s win.

Roy argued in texts that Trump’s attempts to overturn his loss on Jan. 6 was undemocratic. “We’re driving a stake in the heart of the federal republic,” he said. It’s the same argument the Jan. 6 committee is making now.

Seeing I agree with these 2 Republicans they must be rinos
so why was it ok for maxine waters and a few other congressional democrats, to try to overturn Trumps 2016 win in some states, in their attempt to give the 2016 win to hilary? there was zero evidence of wrongdoing in those states, but they tried. Even Joe Biden told them to stop, he said the 2016 election was over. He was right.

i think what trump did was awful. i think what the congressional
democrats did was awful. i think it’s awful when any of our representatives try to overturn our votes

you only think it’s awful when republicans do it. which means your outrage is politically selective, which means it’s fake.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:53 AM   #168
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
it’s the fact that the US allows huge numbers of penniless, unskilled people in.
How many of them are vaccinated 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-16-2022 at 08:44 AM..

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-16-2022, 07:59 AM   #169
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
How many of them are vaccinated 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Jen Psaki said that doesn’t matter, because they aren’t here for very long. she actually said that.

there’s no talking to these people, it’s not possible.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-16-2022 at 08:46 AM..
Old 04-16-2022, 09:31 AM   #170
Pete F.
Canceled

John Eastman is the father of the fraudulent electors scheme.

Twenty years ago, before SCOTUS stepped in, the Florida GOP was planning to use it to nullify their citizens' votes if Al Gore won the election.

And Eastman was helping them plan it.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:43 PM   #171
detbuch

Quote:
Even Detbuch didn’t agree with your assessment that it’s black peoples fault.
Ahh . . . Control Your Own Body Pete is still up to his old bag of tricks. This time dredging up the Expanding the Particular Into the General ploy. It's not ALL black peoples fault. Only the Backs who choose an unhealthy life style. As Jim said, its a cultural phenomenon that many, if not most, Blacks choose. Those Blacks who don't choose that unhealthy style are not at fault.

To sum it up in a way you might better understand, those who control their own body in an unhealthy way, tend to be more unhealthy than those who control their own body in a healthy way.

Overall, on average, blacks choose to control their own bodies in unhealthy ways more than whites.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:54 PM   #172
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Ahh . . . Control Your Own Body Pete is still up to his old bag of tricks. This time dredging up the Expanding the Particular Into the General ploy. It's not ALL black peoples fault. Only the Backs who choose an unhealthy life style. As Jim said, its a cultural phenomenon that many, if not most, Blacks choose. Those Blacks who don't choose that unhealthy style are not at fault.

To sum it up in a way you might better understand, those who control their own body in an unhealthy way, tend to be more unhealthy than those who control their own body in a healthy way.

Overall, on average, blacks choose to control their own bodies in unhealthy ways more than whites.
Oh, so you agree that it’s brown peoples fault we can’t have nice things and liberals made them do it
If only we’d listened to Bob Jones

“If we would just listen to the Word of God and not try to overthrow God’s established order, we would not have any trouble. God never meant for America to be a melting pot to rub out the line between the nations. That was not God’s purpose for this nation.“

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-16-2022, 12:55 PM   #173
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

FFS, he’s still
denying that blacks are less healthy than whites?
Old 04-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #174
detbuch

Quote:
Oh, so you agree that it’s brown peoples fault we can’t have nice things and liberals made them do it
If only we’d listened to Bob Jones

“If we would just listen to the Word of God and not try to overthrow God’s established order, we would not have any trouble. God never meant for America to be a melting pot to rub out the line between the nations. That was not God’s purpose for this nation.“
Can you point out where I said anything is the fault of an entire group of people of any color? (Again, you're stuck in your expansion of the particular into the general trick--immediately after I exposed your use of it!!!) I did no such thing.

Nor did I mention Bob Jones or God. That was resorting to another of your old tricks--responding to something I didn't say.

Get it together, man . . . if you want to have an intelligent, coherent, conversation. I take that back. I shouldn't have suggested it. You are not interested in such conversations on this forum. You have TDS, and, as well, are stricken with the critical theory disorder which sees "conservatism" as a sure path to tyranny and so must not be given the time or space to give its opinion. And must use any means necessary to discredit or destroy it, including lying and distorting.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-16-2022 at 01:44 PM..
Old 04-16-2022, 02:26 PM   #175
wdmso

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) worked furiously to overturn the 2020 election and keep President Donald Trump in power before ultimately abandoning the effort when no evidence of widespread fraud surfaced and his outreach to states for alternate electors proved futile,
Old 04-16-2022, 02:47 PM   #176
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) worked furiously to overturn the 2020 election and keep President Donald Trump in power before ultimately abandoning the effort when no evidence of widespread fraud surfaced and his outreach to states for alternate electors proved futile,
Reps Payapal, Shelia Jackson Lee and maxine waters worked hard to hand the 2016 election to Hilary.

Waters is now busy diverting campaign money to her daughter. If she were a republican, you’d be upset by that.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:51 PM   #177
wdmso

Quote:
Reps Payapal, Shelia Jackson Lee and maxine waters worked hard to hand the 2016 election to Hilary.

Waters is now busy diverting campaign money to her daughter. If she were a republican, you’d be upset by that.
Funny Jim your such a liar this isn't new

Progressive Connections, have received more than $1.2 million since 2003 wow over 19 years you are trying hard with fox for you Fax outrage

Is she doing anything illegal ? is she using her money for personal use?
or just being black is enough to upset you ?

and how did fox news get this outrage it was reported to Federal Election Commission campaign-related services. by waters as required by law ....

yet you didnt have a issue when Trump paid his daughter Ivanka $747,622 for 'consulting,' then deducted it from his taxes,

or Jared getting 2 billion from the saudis for HIS company 6 months after the election ... odd
Old 04-16-2022, 04:22 PM   #178
Jim in CT

Quote:
Funny Jim your such a liar this isn't new

Progressive Connections, have received more than $1.2 million since 2003 wow over 19 years you are trying hard with fox for you Fax outrage

Is she doing anything illegal ? is she using her money for personal use?
or just being black is enough to upset you ?

and how did fox news get this outrage it was reported to Federal Election Commission campaign-related services. by waters as required by law ....

yet you didnt have a issue when Trump paid his daughter Ivanka $747,622 for 'consulting,' then deducted it from his taxes,

or Jared getting 2 billion from the saudis for HIS company 6 months after the election ... odd
so you’re upset when republicans get money, but not hunter
biden or maxine waters daughter.

you’re upset that trump
tried to undo an election, but not congressional democrats

everything is ok when
democrats do it, we get it already.

here’s the false equivalence, it’s a false equivalence to expect you to hold both sides to the equivalent standard.

Make. That. Wrong.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-16-2022 at 04:49 PM..
Old 04-16-2022, 05:28 PM   #179
Pete F.
Canceled

Pretty easy to make it wrong

Jared Kushner sold classified intel to Mohammed Bin Salman for $2 Billion.
Kushner and his allies blocked top-level U.S. government support for MBS’s cousin, former Saudi Crown Prince MBN—a long-time intelligence and counter-terrorist asset for the U.S.—when MBN attempted a legal coup d’état in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2017.

MBN believed he had enough support from the so-called “Council of Ministers” to back him in a regime change. If successful, both King Salman and MBS (then deputy crown prince) would have been unseated and replaced by MBN.

Kushner and his allies in the White House got word to MBS of bin Nayef’s plans, and the plot was abruptly stopped.

According to three sources with knowledge, it#^&was#^&this meddling in Saudi royal affairs that caused U.S. intelligence officials to go “apoplectic” and prevent Kushner from getting a top-level security clearance.

Jared Kushner basically handed the Saudis this information, thereby giving MBS the opportunity to kneecap his rival and get rid of him.

MBN has not been heard from since his arrest in March 2020, when he was imprisoned somewhere in Saudi Arabia.

Nowhere near equal
Old 04-16-2022, 06:44 PM   #180
detbuch

Quote:
Pretty easy to make it wrong

Jared Kushner sold classified intel to Mohammed Bin Salman for $2 Billion.
Kushner and his allies blocked top-level U.S. government support for MBS’s cousin, former Saudi Crown Prince MBN—a long-time intelligence and counter-terrorist asset for the U.S.—when MBN attempted a legal coup d’état in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2017.

MBN believed he had enough support from the so-called “Council of Ministers” to back him in a regime change. If successful, both King Salman and MBS (then deputy crown prince) would have been unseated and replaced by MBN.

Kushner and his allies in the White House got word to MBS of bin Nayef’s plans, and the plot was abruptly stopped.

According to three sources with knowledge, it#^&was#^&this meddling in Saudi royal affairs that caused U.S. intelligence officials to go “apoplectic” and prevent Kushner from getting a top-level security clearance.

Jared Kushner basically handed the Saudis this information, thereby giving MBS the opportunity to kneecap his rival and get rid of him.

MBN has not been heard from since his arrest in March 2020, when he was imprisoned somewhere in Saudi Arabia.

Nowhere near equal
Non mathematical equivalence and false equivalence doesn't necessarily require the exact same amount or degree of what is being compared, merely the same types of things are being compared.