Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-18-2022, 09:18 PM   #211
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
she said she thought she was going to get killed after they did some things to her.

try to follow.

She. Wasn’t. There.

Maybe she was afraid it was her abuela knocking, asking for help
with her leaky roof. AOC, with her homes and new tesla, couldn’t help, so she blames Trump, racism, hate, blah, blah blah.

she’s wicked smaht.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You keep trying to get off the subject .

How about you try to follow. She said for a very short period of time when the guy was banging on the door and saying where is she, she was afraid. That is not miss speaking, that is being afraid. Her office is a short walk from the capitol and I think it's connected by a tunnel. The Capitol Police were worried enough that they told her to evacuate the building.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:17 PM   #212
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You keep trying to get off the subject .

How about you try to follow. She said for a very short period of time when the guy was banging on the door and saying where is she, she was afraid. That is not miss speaking, that is being afraid. Her office is a short walk from the capitol and I think it's connected by a tunnel. The Capitol Police were worried enough that they told her to evacuate the building.
i’m staying on subject, giving examples of outrageous tales she spins, all of which you sick up like a Hoover deluxe.

she’s a pathological liar.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:54 AM   #213
PaulS

Quote:
i’m staying on subject, giving examples of outrageous tales she spins, all of which you sick up like a Hoover deluxe.

she’s a pathological liar.
so again you can't show me how she "mispoke".

Seems like you're the one (along with a few others) who sucked up the lies that are told.

And she's the drama queen -
Old 04-19-2022, 07:08 AM   #214
Jim in CT

Quote:
so again you can't show me how she "mispoke".

Seems like you're the one (along with a few others) who sucked up the lies that are told.

And she's the drama queen -
i’ve said many times how she misspoke. she was never in any imminent danger, nothing to get traumatized over.

the cops took precautions and evacuated her. my doctor took precautions and told
me to drop 15 pounds, doesn’t mean it’s reasonable
for me to run out of there crying and screaming that i’m about to die.

if a cop is knocking on your office door, how does it takes a few minutes to figure out that’s it’s actually a cop, and not someone there to murder you?

everything is ok when democrats do it! in a few months we get to see what america thinks of that. might be a big thumbs down.

i’m sure incentivizing even more illegals to cross the border by sunsetting title 42 or whatever it’s called, will help. that’ll be a big help if we see a huge boost in crossings, because we all know that crossings are way too low right now.

and to top it all off, there’s quite possibly a recession around the corner.

had her abuela drowned yet from the leaky roof that she couldn’t help fix for some reason? and the. when math walsh raised more than enough to fix abuela’s roof, AOC refused the money, and there’s only one reason for that…she made it up, like she made this up. she’s crazy.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:17 AM   #215
PaulS

Quote:
i’ve said many times how she misspoke. she was never in any imminent danger, nothing to get traumatized over.

And it is a wonder why Repub. have a reputation as misogynists.

Who are you to tell her that as a sexual assault survivor she shouldn't be scared when someone she doesn't know is banging on her door yelling "where is she, where is she". She said she only was scared for like 9 - 10 sec. until they figured out it was a cop.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:37 AM   #216
Jim in CT

Quote:
And it is a wonder why Repub. have a reputation as misogynists.

Who are you to tell her that as a sexual assault survivor she shouldn't be scared when someone she doesn't know is banging on her door yelling "where is she, where is she". She said she only was scared for like 9 - 10 sec. until they figured out it was a cop.
And it's a wonder why liberals have a well-earned reputation of accusing everyone who dares to call them out for their nonsense, a bigot.

Not sire what her gender had to do with any of this.

Paul, are you saying it's necessarily sexist to criticize a woman? At least a liberal woman?

I really can't wait for November.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:09 AM   #217
PaulS

Quote:
And it's a wonder why liberals have a well-earned reputation of accusing everyone who dares to call them out for their nonsense, a bigot.and I'm sure you think all the Rs lying about what she said for like 2-3 min. in a 1-2 hour interview aren't misogynists.

Not sire what her gender had to do with any of this.

Paul, are you saying it's necessarily sexist to criticize a woman? At least a liberal woman?not at all. Never said that.
But claiming she "mispoke" in this instance is totally wrong.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:12 AM   #218
PaulS

Quote:
I really can't wait for November.
I know you ran away last year after the election but it was interesting to see that there was very little "bragging" by the Ds on this site talking about the election. From your frequently talking about this coming election and what you think will happen, I know that amount of bandwith "bragging" about the election will be multiples from last year.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:13 AM   #219
wdmso

Federal judge says Georgia voters can challenge Greene's reelection run

The challenge filed last month with the Georgia secretary of state's office alleges that Greene, a Republican, helped facilitate the Jan. 6, 2021, riot that disrupted Congress from certifying the election

That violates a rarely cited provision of the 14th Amendment and makes her ineligible to run for reelection, according to the challenge.

The Lawsuit seeks to keep GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from running for reelection
The amendment says no one can serve in Congress "who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress . . . to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same."

Greene, 47, filed a lawsuit earlier this month asking a judge to declare that the law that the voters are using to challenge her eligibility is itself unconstitutional and to prohibit state officials from enforcing it.

But but AOC
Old 04-19-2022, 08:26 AM   #220
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Federal judge says Georgia voters can challenge Greene's reelection run

The challenge filed last month with the Georgia secretary of state's office alleges that Greene, a Republican, helped facilitate the Jan. 6, 2021, riot that disrupted Congress from certifying the election

That violates a rarely cited provision of the 14th Amendment and makes her ineligible to run for reelection, according to the challenge.

The Lawsuit seeks to keep GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from running for reelection
The amendment says no one can serve in Congress "who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress . . . to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same."

Greene, 47, filed a lawsuit earlier this month asking a judge to declare that the law that the voters are using to challenge her eligibility is itself unconstitutional and to prohibit state officials from enforcing it.

But but AOC
Fine let’s dump green, AND admit that AOC is a dingbat.

Two things can be true at the same
time

Green isn’t the biggest problem in the world right now, either. but you brought her up for political reasons

You’d rather talk about Green than inflation or crime or immigration. But it’s ok when you bring up a politically useful distraction.

Green doesn’t have 1% of the clout in congress that AOC does. You challenged me support the notion that AOC is powerful, i provided links from CNN, ABC, CBS talking about how powerful AOC is. you never responded. couldn’t just admit what everyone knows, that yea she is powerful.

gotta protect that narrative.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #221
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

There's not a functioning brain cell between the 2 of them.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-19-2022, 09:37 AM   #222
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
There's not a functioning brain cell between the 2 of them.
Not a one.

But the republicans in congress don’t bow down before Green and kiss her feet. Green isn’t wielding insane power like AOC is.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:23 AM   #223
wdmso

Quote:
Fine let’s dump green, AND admit that AOC is a dingbat.

Two things can be true at the same
time

Green isn’t the biggest problem in the world right now, either. but you brought her up for political reasons

You’d rather talk about Green than inflation or crime or immigration. But it’s ok when you bring up a politically useful distraction.

Green doesn’t have 1% of the clout in congress that AOC does. You challenged me support the notion that AOC is powerful, i provided links from CNN, ABC, CBS talking about how powerful AOC is. you never responded. couldn’t just admit what everyone knows, that yea she is powerful.

gotta protect that narrative.
Jim you need to come back to reality

Is this what this thread is about I guess I missed that part.

but you brought her up for political reasons

Really I just countered your unhealthy AOC fixation with greens crazy then you spew

Green doesn’t have 1% of the clout in congress that AOC does

Thank you for proof you have an un healthly fixation with AOC
Old 04-19-2022, 10:59 AM   #224
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well I guess after five, going on six, years of rampant TDS, you would know the symptoms of an "Unhealthy Fixation"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-19-2022, 11:32 AM   #225
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you need to come back to reality

Is this what this thread is about I guess I missed that part.

but you brought her up for political reasons

Really I just countered your unhealthy AOC fixation with greens crazy then you spew

Green doesn’t have 1% of the clout in congress that AOC does

Thank you for proof you have an un healthly fixation with AOC
i posted 4-5 articles
from liberal sources saying AOC is a powerful
force.

are CNN and CBS and ABC all
lying?
Old 04-19-2022, 11:34 AM   #226
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know you ran away last year after the election but it was interesting to see that there was very little "bragging" by the Ds on this site talking about the election. From your frequently talking about this coming election and what you think will happen, I know that amount of bandwith "bragging" about the election will be multiples from last year.
wrong. i took a break long after the election. i’m ok with the pendulum swinging both ways. had absolutely nothing to do with biden winning. zip.

biden may well put the gop in a stronger place than they’d be if trump had won.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #227
detbuch

Quote:
biden may well put the gop in a stronger place than they’d be if trump had won.
I don't think so. Trump would have had the pick to replace Bryer and we wouldn't have the radical Progressive that Biden picked, and if for some reason Clarence Thomas is gone before the 2024 election Biden will get to pick another radical Progressive to replace him. And the border wall would be finished if Trump had won, as well our illegal immigration policies would not have been weakened, probably strengthened. And his corporate tax policies would have strengthened our economy along with more assurance that his China tariff policy would not be weakened. The Keystone pipeline project would not have been stopped and probably more federal land would be opened for drilling.

Among many other things.

But if you're saying that the Dems will F up stuff so badly that it will hurt them to the benefit of the Repubs for the next couple of election cycles . . . maybe. But the SCOTUS situation concerns me more.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:34 PM   #228
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't think so. Trump would have had the pick to replace Bryer and we wouldn't have the radical Progressive that Biden picked, and if for some reason Clarence Thomas is gone before the 2024 election Biden will get to pick another radical Progressive to replace him. And the border wall would be finished if Trump had won, as well our illegal immigration policies would not have been weakened, probably strengthened. And his corporate tax policies would have strengthened our economy along with more assurance that his China tariff policy would not be weakened. The Keystone pipeline project would not have been stopped and probably more federal land would be opened for drilling.

Among many other things.

But if you're saying that the Dems will F up stuff so badly that it will hurt them to the benefit of the Repubs for the next couple of election cycles . . . maybe. But the SCOTUS situation concerns me more.
i’m not sure Bryer would have voluntarily retired with trump
in office. his replacement doesn’t change the makeup of the court. the collective IQ of SCOTUS will decrease for sure, but it won’t change the ideological makeup. she’ll vote the same way he would have, on just about everything.

But yes i’m saying the backlash against numerous catastrophic progressive policies could
put the gop in a better position than they’d be in, had trump won but had to deal with democrats controlling congress.

same with obama. when he left in 2016 the democrats held fewer elected offices in the US than at any time since Civil War construction, and that’s a fact. nobody talks about it, but that’s what happened.

2022 and 2024 could be worse for the left, because the democrats currently are a million miles to the left of where obama was.

you’re spot on concerning all judicial appointments, not just SCOTUS.
Old 04-22-2022, 06:15 AM   #230
wdmso

Audio shows Kevin McCarthy planned to urge Trump to resign after Capitol riots

In the recorded conversation, McCarthy, a Republican, said that he didn't believe Trump would voluntarily step down, and contemplated rallying Congress to have him impeached a second time, saying that he believed the measure would pass both the House and Senate.

"I'm seriously thinking of having that conversation with him tonight," McCarthy said. "From what I know of him — I mean, you guys know him too — do you think he would ever back away?"

Trump supporters are completely gullible. And Kevin’s response proves it.

Man before country
Old 04-22-2022, 07:29 AM   #231
Jim in CT

Quote:
Audio shows Kevin McCarthy planned to urge Trump to resign after Capitol riots

In the recorded conversation, McCarthy, a Republican, said that he didn't believe Trump would voluntarily step down, and contemplated rallying Congress to have him impeached a second time, saying that he believed the measure would pass both the House and Senate.

"I'm seriously thinking of having that conversation with him tonight," McCarthy said. "From what I know of him — I mean, you guys know him too — do you think he would ever back away?"

Trump supporters are completely gullible. And Kevin’s response proves it.

Man before country
i agree with you, it’s amazing how flawed trump is.

And yet…

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...2024-matchups/

All the democrats need to do, is what Bill Clinton did…move a little bit towards the center. But they don’t seem to be able to. For reasons i don’t pretend to understand, it seems they’d rather follow AOC like a bunch of woke lemmings, right off the progressive cliff.

a truly moderate democrat would win 40 states. 40. but they can’t do it.
Old 04-22-2022, 07:42 AM   #232
Pete F.
Canceled

The insurrectionists are all scared that there are tapes now. Family, members of Congress, party officials. They're going over every conversation they had in their minds, thinking thru whether someone might have taped them. It's a powerful incentive for people to decide to cooperate w/prosecutors.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:00 AM   #233
wdmso

Quote:
i agree with you, it’s amazing how flawed trump is.

And yet…

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...2024-matchups/

All the democrats need to do, is what Bill Clinton did…move a little bit towards the center. But they don’t seem to be able to. For reasons i don’t pretend to understand, it seems they’d rather follow AOC like a bunch of woke lemmings, right off the progressive cliff.

a truly moderate democrat would win 40 states. 40. but they can’t do it.

This is more about Kevins response to the audio than Trump ..

It just solidifies my view of Republican hypocrisy and dishonesty . And their voters willingness to look the other way when faced with solid evidence. To keep power

But the cult at best will see this audio as Kevin willing to sell out Trump. And throw him into the Rino pile because it’s easier than seeing Trump for what he is.. rather then admit they have be played ..

Hell the majority of the GOP base are punch drunk on Disney grooming children or calling anyone who criticize their policy’s as pedophiles

The accusation of Biden being a pedo is well versed on the right

Allegations of child sex molestation are a prominent part of the QAnon conspiracy theory that suggests a "deep state" is working against President Trump’s success.

Now it’s mainstream GOP

Another example

Trump-backing Newsmax TV host John Cardillo seemed to suggest in a tweet that Joe Biden was committing some kind of incestuous taboo by showing affection for his adult son. “Does this look like an appropriate father/son interaction to you?” he tweeted, along with a photo of Biden hugging Hunter and kissing his cheek.

What’s happened to the part of principal? It’s all jerry springer all the time !
Old 04-22-2022, 08:13 AM   #234
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is more about Kevins response to the audio than Trump ..

It just solidifies my view of Republican hypocrisy and dishonesty . And their voters willingness to look the other way when faced with solid evidence. To keep power

But the cult at best will see this audio as Kevin willing to sell out Trump. And throw him into the Rino pile because it’s easier than seeing Trump for what he is.. rather then admit they have be played ..

Hell the majority of the GOP base are punch drunk on Disney grooming children or calling anyone who criticize their policy’s as pedophiles

The accusation of Biden being a pedo is well versed on the right

Allegations of child sex molestation are a prominent part of the QAnon conspiracy theory that suggests a "deep state" is working against President Trump’s success.

Now it’s mainstream GOP

Another example

Trump-backing Newsmax TV host John Cardillo seemed to suggest in a tweet that Joe Biden was committing some kind of incestuous taboo by showing affection for his adult son. “Does this look like an appropriate father/son interaction to you?” he tweeted, along with a photo of Biden hugging Hunter and kissing his cheek.

What’s happened to the part of principal? It’s all jerry springer all the time !
so only republicans vote for flawed
candidates. the party of the clintons and the kennedy’s and john edwards ( cheating on his wife who had cancer) is as pure as the virgin snow.

very convenient for you.

That’s the hypocrisy.

When Clinton was president, democrats all said to ignore his personal life, and focus on his public policy. i actually thought that was a good idea. and that’s what i do.

When a bad democrat is in office, that’s ok. but republicans are only supposed to nominate truly good people.

and when we do, the entire left calls them racist hatemongers anyway, so what’s the point.

i dont care how my company’s ceo lives his life, how he treats his wife, etc. i care that he’s good at his job.

same with my potus. character would be nice, but nowhere near as important as results.

now, trumps lack of character is a different shade than anything we ever saw previously for sure. But hilary is as dishonest, mean, and corrupt as they come. so let’s not pretend character was anywhere on the ballot in 2016. it was a choice of two truly reprehensible people. but you only care about one of them not being principled. hilarys lack of ethics is totally fine.

that’s hypocrisy too.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:29 AM   #235
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure, every thing is equal

One important takeaway from the Cheney/McCarthy tapes: KMC said he was going to tell Trump to resign but was afraid Trump would bring up a “Pence pardon.” This suggests Trump had raised that issue previously.
Because Trump KNEW he committed crimes. This demonstrates consciousness of guilt
Old 04-22-2022, 08:38 AM   #236
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Problem is, I specifically said this...

"now, trumps lack of character is a different shade than anything we ever saw previously for sure."

Please, please tell us, how you could POSSIBLY read what I wrote, and conclude that I said they were "equal". I very clearly said Trump was different. How could I have possibly been more clear?

You lied. You couldn't respond to what I actually said (that Hilary is disgusting as well), so you pretended I said they were equal, which no sane person could conclude I said.

This is what you do all the time.

You're crazy, desperate, and a pathological liar.

Make that wrong. Tell me where I said they are equal.

You know you can't respond to what I said. So you respond to something I never came close to saying.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:00 PM   #237
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Problem is, I specifically said this...

"now, trumps lack of character is a different shade than anything we ever saw previously for sure."

Please, please tell us, how you could POSSIBLY read what I wrote, and conclude that I said they were "equal". I very clearly said Trump was different. How could I have possibly been more clear?

You lied. You couldn't respond to what I actually said (that Hilary is disgusting as well), so you pretended I said they were equal, which no sane person could conclude I said.

This is what you do all the time.

You're crazy, desperate, and a pathological liar.

Make that wrong. Tell me where I said they are equal.

You know you can't respond to what I said. So you respond to something I never came close to saying.
But (insert Jim’s evil lib) is just as bad, so you’re a hypocrite.

You consistently equate desperately something any Democrat did at any time in history with Trump trying to perform a self-coup.

And think I need to agree with your rationalizing your support of Trump.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-22-2022, 01:13 PM   #238
detbuch

Quote:
The insurrectionists are all scared that there are tapes now. Family, members of Congress, party officials. They're going over every conversation they had in their minds, thinking thru whether someone might have taped them. It's a powerful incentive for people to decide to cooperate w/prosecutors.
Carnac Pete magnificently reads the insurrectionists minds. Foretells of powerful incentive.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:17 PM   #239
detbuch

Quote:

One important takeaway from the Cheney/McCarthy tapes: KMC said he was going to tell Trump to resign but was afraid Trump would bring up a “Pence pardon.” This suggests Trump had raised that issue previously.
Because Trump KNEW he committed crimes. This demonstrates consciousness of guilt
Not-a-lawyer Pete thinks that a pardon ploy demonstrates guilt. Not really.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #240
detbuch

Quote:

Carnac Pete knows what Trump KNEW.