Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-10-2022, 01:44 PM   #271
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
classy
not a nice way of saying it, but it’s worth pointing out that it’s self- serving when cheney bashes the trump wing of the gop. they knocked her down a peg or two, she’s not anywhere near as influential as she was, and she probably never will be again. The gop had a minor civil war, and Cheney’s side got clobbered.

doesn’t mean she can’t have a valid point obviously…

i just hope trump is done. done for good.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-10-2022, 01:46 PM   #272
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Liz Cheney is a filthy liberal kunt pretending to be a conservative
You do understand that beliefs and principles are what makes someone a conservative, not tweeting and demanding fealty from members of your party
Nah, you don’t

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-10-2022, 03:12 PM   #273
wdmso

Ginni Thomas pressed 29 Ariz. lawmakers to help overturn Trump’s defeat, emails show

Loving seeing those who live in denial

that it’s self- serving when cheney bashes the trump wing of the gop.

No Jim she’s putting the country before herself .. give it a try
Old 06-10-2022, 05:51 PM   #274
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
classy

Like I give a #^&#^&#^&#^& what you think !
She’s part of the swamp just like her husband.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 06-10-2022, 06:32 PM   #275
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
classy
Do you expect anything else from our resident misogynist?

Of course she voted with trump 93% of the time but she is a liberal c&$& because she dares to go against Trump.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-10-2022, 06:44 PM   #276
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He is our resident proud boy.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:27 PM   #277
wdmso

Trump wrote — or, in Truth Social lingo, “truthed” — that Jan. 6 “was not simply a protest, it represented the greatest movement in the history of our Country.” The morning after, he wrote that the assault “was not caused by me, it was caused by a Rigged and Stolen Election!”

And people are still defending this lying man and would vote for him again all while flying the American flag and claiming their Patriots?
Old 06-12-2022, 10:55 AM   #278
Pete F.
Canceled

A large caravan of republican congressmen who had begged for trump pardons has been seen approaching the Mexican border.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:54 AM   #279
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Pour Rudy isn’t going to have the legacy he could have had, the second hearing wasn’t good for him. Barr finally tells the truth after kissing Trumps arse for four years and in spite of everyone clearly acknowledging Trump loss, there will be the loyal Trumpets still believing the big lie. The coup circle is closing in on the smaller group attempting it until the end and Trump as expected is the leader of the band and Rudy his druken cheerleader.
Old 06-14-2022, 08:45 AM   #280
wdmso

Trump was 'detached from reality', says Bill Barr

Maga and Trump supporters response He’s a Rino

Simpletons at their finest
Old 06-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #281
wdmso

More than 100 GOP primary winners back Trump’s false fraud claims
A Washington Post analysis shows the former president’s election denialism has become a price of admission in many Republican primaries

Funny how that works lies before truth the new GOP
Old 06-14-2022, 05:47 PM   #282
wdmso

Police in Idaho are getting death threats after arresting Patriot Front members

But but SCJ
Old 06-17-2022, 02:24 AM   #283
Pete F.
Canceled

J. Michael Luttig is a dyed in the wool conservative and he is issuing an unvarnished warning that Trump and his allies are "executing that blueprint" to overturn the next election in 2024 "in open and plain view of the American public."
Old 06-17-2022, 07:32 AM   #284
wdmso

Ginni Thomas corresponded with John Eastman, sources in Jan. 6 House investigation

The emails show that Thomas’s efforts to overturn the election were more extensive than previously known,
Old 12-14-2022, 09:52 PM   #285
Pete F.
Canceled

The Meadows texts are as bad as you might imagine-and they change 1/6 to a concerted effort by dozens of MAGA public officials, advisers, etc. And remember: these are just the initial ones that his lawyer was willing to disclose to J6C. The balance must be mind-bending
Old 12-15-2022, 07:03 AM   #286
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The MAGA cult members still holding office and some appointed to positions of power aren’t looking forward to the release of the report and I hope there are several referrals, even if the DOJ doesn’t move to charge them.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:02 AM   #287
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The MAGA cult members still holding office and some appointed to positions of power aren’t looking forward to the release of the report and I hope there are several referrals, even if the DOJ doesn’t move to charge them.
It's telling when one of the GOP House Rep's said his only regret was that he spelled 'Martial' Law wrong...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-15-2022, 09:09 AM   #288
PaulS

What makes Rs so susceptible to wild conspiracy theories?

Newly revealed text messages from former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows' phone show that former Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) was a true believer in the false conspiracy theory that Antifa was really behind the January 6th Capitol riots.

As reported by Talking Points Memo, Gohmert sent Meadows a text message on January 8th, two days after the assault on the Capitol, pushing the Trump chief of staff to get the Department of Justice involved in an investigation to uncover the purported truth about the riots.

"Constitutional loyal DOJ personnel have 11 days to prove the truth: Antifa led the breach of the Capitol," Gohmert wrote to Meadows. "If the evidence is not shown to the public in 11 days, then it will be subverted & the false narrative will likely be the Trump legacy that DT & his loyal supporters under his urging attacked the Capitol. It was a brilliant leftist op, but it's got to be exposed by DOJ quick."
Old 12-15-2022, 10:06 AM   #289
Pete F.
Canceled

Tourists, huh?

On Dec. 20, 2020, a 21-year-old intelligence analyst went online to search for local Washington, D.C., fishing holes and stumbled upon the blueprint of a plot to storm the Capitol and execute members of Congress and law enforcement officers to prevent the certification of electoral votes to make Joe Biden the next president.

The domestic terrorism analyst with the Department of Homeland Security saw a link to a website where people “actively at that moment were discussing the commission of acts of terroristic violence and the violent overthrow of the government of the United States,” according to the analyst’s written account later provided to investigators.

There the analyst “witnessed upwards of 500 pages worth of potential threats to national security,” including people urging others — and discussing how — to smuggle illegal weapons into the nation’s capital and avoid detection by law enforcement. The DHS intelligence analyst also saw “discussion references of overthrowing the US Government by force/sparking a second civil war, and veiled credible threats of violence toward other US persons who were perceived enemies, specifically Members of Congress and other federal employees.”

“Like so many Americans l watched the events of January 6th, 2021 transpire — shocked, scared, and horrified; but for me there was a deeper connection to the event, I was one of the DHS intelligence officials charged with trying to prevent that day’s violence,” the intelligence analyst wrote in a four-page letter provided to inspector general investigators. Yahoo News obtained a copy of this letter and the unredacted version of the final inspector general investigative report documenting this analyst’s efforts and dozens of credible threats that DHS saw, but did not act on, at the time.

What started as a literal fishing expedition turned into a failed 16-day effort to sound the alarm and push the various parts of the DHS intelligence apparatus into action. The office created in the wake of 9/11 to share intelligence more broadly and prevent another catastrophic attack failed to share its intelligence ahead of the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot.

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-an-...190922453.html
Old 12-15-2022, 10:20 AM   #290
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
What makes Rs so susceptible to wild conspiracy theories?"
Well you could ask Jim, but his answer would be, tell me what conspiracy theories I believe…….I’ll wait. Or ask RR, but then you would be told to go F yourself. There are others who mask it in the belief the left deep state controls everything in order to maintain power, believing the 6th was necessary to stop them, yet still wrapping themselves in their belief in the constitution.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:32 AM   #291
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well you could ask Jim, but his answer would be, tell me what conspiracy theories I believe…….I’ll wait. Or ask RR, but then you would be told to go F yourself. There are others who mask it in the belief the left deep state controls everything in order to maintain power, believing the 6th was necessary to stop them, yet still wrapping themselves in their belief in the constitution.
so if you accuse me of believing in crazy conspiracy theories, it’s not valid for me to ask you which crazy theories i agree with? That’s not a legitimate question?

democrats believe republicans hate women, and that the world was supposed to have come to
an end already, and that hits a great idea for men to share bathrooms with women, to compete physically with women, that the solution to crime is fewer cops, that everything is about race, etc.

Ample craziness all around. No shortage on the right for sure. i never claimed otherwise. All i claim is that there are more good public policy ideas in the right. Not that there are better people on the right, or smarter people. You guys are the ones making that claim.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:46 AM   #292
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so if you accuse me of believing in crazy conspiracy theories, it’s not valid for me to ask you which crazy theories i agree with? That’s not a legitimate question?

democrats believe republicans hate women, and that the world was supposed to have come to
an end already, and that hits a great idea for men to share bathrooms with women, to compete physically with women, that the solution to crime is fewer cops, that everything is about race, etc.

Ample craziness all around. No shortage on the right for sure. i never claimed otherwise. All i claim is that there are more good public policy ideas in the right. Not that there are better people on the right, or smarter people. You guys are the ones making that claim.
As usual you claim right wing rhetoric to be truth.
But when you’re a member of the party of victims and insurrectionists what else would anyone expect.
It’s been fun watching watching your ilk cycle from blaming first Antifa, then the FBI for the insurrection they planned.

Much of what has happened to the GOP has nothing to do with politics. It’s the story of a voluntary association of people who decided to not only tolerate petty viciousness but value it. Graciousness & kindness are seen as weakness. It’s not new or interesting. It’s just a choice.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-15-2022, 11:30 AM   #293
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As usual you claim right wing rhetoric to be truth.
But when you’re a member of the party of victims and insurrectionists what else would anyone expect.
It’s been fun watching watching your ilk cycle from blaming first Antifa, then the FBI for the insurrection they planned.

Much of what has happened to the GOP has nothing to do with politics. It’s the story of a voluntary association of people who decided to not only tolerate petty viciousness but value it. Graciousness & kindness are seen as weakness. It’s not new or interesting. It’s just a choice.
"you’re a member of the party of victims and insurrectionists what else would anyone expect."

When you ignore every violent protect the left has ever engaged in, I guess the landscape looks pretty one-sided. but the fact is, in 2016, a small number of house democrats sought to overturn the election, because they didn't like that they had lost. Just about every violent, politically-motivated riot in the last 35 years, up until January 6th, was initiated by the left. Those are facts whether you happen to like them or not.

"It’s the story of a voluntary association of people who decided to not only tolerate petty viciousness but value it. "

It's the story of a party that grew tired of showing up with boxing gloves when the democrats were wearing brass knuckles, so we finally nominated a guy who was better at fighting dirty than the left. You're not used to Republicans fighting back (Bush, McCain, Romney all sat there smiling as the left told the world they were evil, racist, hated women, etc). You got used to Republicans who'd take the cheap shots. Well those days are gone. We went too far (in my opinion) with Trump, we need someone who will fight back but do it with civility and maturity, which is way beyond Trumps abilities. In any event, he'll be gone from the scene no later than 2024. The up-and-comers (Desantis, Cotton, Scott, Crenshaw, Noem, Haley) are nothing like Trump.

Pete, when you ignore everything unethical the left has ever done, and you ignore everything good that the right has ever done, that makes the left look a lot better than the right. But it's not a sane way to compare the 2 sides.

Look at the number or elected offices currently held by each party. America obviously isn't buying what you're selling.
Old 12-15-2022, 11:49 AM   #294
wdmso

Just about every violent, politically-motivated riot in the last 35 years, up until January 6th, was initiated by the left. Those are facts

Jim this is why you’re labeled a conspiracy theorist

You love to make. Comparisons that don’t exist outside your and others bubble

You can’t even be honest with what happens on Jan 6th and prior by the GOP and their supporters

You avoid actual history why?

in 1965. On March 7, 1965, when then-25-year-old activist John Lewis led over 600 marchers across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama and faced brutal attacks by oncoming state troopers, footage of the violence dogs and fire hoses collectively shocked the nation and galvanized the fight against racial injustice.

Or the Rodney king Riots

But you’ll suggest this was violent, politically-motivated riot caused by the left .. revisionist history runs rampant thru today’s GOP White Victim hood
Old 12-15-2022, 12:00 PM   #295
wdmso

Look at the number or elected offices currently held by each party. America obviously isn't buying what you're selling.

Sorry Jim your miss informed

Democrats now govern more Americans at the state level than Republicans

And democrats have always represented more Americans in congress

Democratic half will represent 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half.

Congress’s upper house is malapportioned to give small states like Wyoming exactly as many senators as large states like California, even though California has more than 68 times as many people as Wyoming.

If the United States chose its leaders in free and fair elections, Republicans would be firmly out of power.

But keep convincing yourself republicans are popular
Old 12-15-2022, 02:28 PM   #296
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Sorry Jim your miss informed

Democrats now govern more Americans at the state level than Republicans

And democrats have always represented more Americans in congress

Democratic half will represent 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half.

Congress’s upper house is malapportioned to give small states like Wyoming exactly as many senators as large states like California, even though California has more than 68 times as many people as Wyoming.

If the United States chose its leaders in free and fair elections, Republicans would be firmly out of power.

But keep convincing yourself republicans are popular
"Sorry Jim your miss informed "

No, I'm not misinformed, I said to look at the number of elected offices help by each party. It's very, very evenly split. Suggesting Americans don't view the GOP the way you and Pete do.

"Congress’s upper house is malapportioned to give small states like Wyoming exactly as many senators as large states like California, even though California has more than 68 times as many people as Wyoming."

I'm aware. Thanks for the scoop.

"If the United States chose its leaders in free and fair elections, Republicans would be firmly out of power campaign differently, centered around the popular vote."

Fixed it for you. It's not the GOPs fault, that they understand electoral realities better than democrats. If it was switched to a popular vote, the GOP would campaign that way. Today, there's no reason for the GOP to waste resources in LA and NYC.

The GOP also controls a healthy majority of state governorships and state legislatures (you conveniently left that out). Why is that?
Old 12-15-2022, 02:32 PM   #297
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Just about every violent, politically-motivated riot in the last 35 years, up until January 6th, was initiated by the left. Those are facts

Jim this is why you’re labeled a conspiracy theorist

You love to make. Comparisons that don’t exist outside your and others bubble

You can’t even be honest with what happens on Jan 6th and prior by the GOP and their supporters

You avoid actual history why?

in 1965. On March 7, 1965, when then-25-year-old activist John Lewis led over 600 marchers across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama and faced brutal attacks by oncoming state troopers, footage of the violence dogs and fire hoses collectively shocked the nation and galvanized the fight against racial injustice.

Or the Rodney king Riots

But you’ll suggest this was violent, politically-motivated riot caused by the left .. revisionist history runs rampant thru today’s GOP White Victim hood
In 1965, the governor of Alabama was named George Wallace. He was a Democrat, like the majority of Americans who advocated for segregation.

What planet do you live on, exactly?

I said "just about every" political riot has been initiated by the left. That's obviously true.

To argue with me, you're saying (I think?) that the southern segregationists were republicans? Have you been drinking fentanyl?
Old 12-15-2022, 02:49 PM   #298
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"you’re a member of the party of victims and insurrectionists what else would anyone expect."

When you ignore every violent protect the left has ever engaged in, I guess the landscape looks pretty one-sided. but the fact is, in 2016, a small number of house democrats sought to overturn the election, because they didn't like that they had lost. Someone told them to sit down, who was that?Just about every violent, politically-motivated riot in the last 35 years, up until January 6th, was initiated by the left. Those are facts whether you happen to like them or not.

You missed Janurary 6th, Oklahoma city bombing, charlottesville and lots of other rightwing terrorists

"It’s the story of a voluntary association of people who decided to not only tolerate petty viciousness but value it. "

It's the story of a party that grew tired of showing up with boxing gloves when the democrats were wearing brass knuckles, so we finally nominated a guy who was better at fighting dirty than the left. You're not used to Republicans fighting back (Bush, McCain, Romney all sat there smiling as the left told the world they were evil, racist, hated women, etc). You got used to Republicans who'd take the cheap shots. Well those days are gone. We went too far (in my opinion) with Trump, we need someone who will fight back but do it with civility and maturity, which is way beyond Trumps abilities. In any event, he'll be gone from the scene no later than 2024. The up-and-comers (Desantis, Cotton, Scott, Crenshaw, Noem, Haley) are nothing like Trump.
Ron DeSantis banned books, banned abortion, banned Black history month, banned saying gay, criminalized peaceful protests, punished those who dared oppose his policies from officials to Disney to the Tampa Bay Rays but DeSantis tells us he is all about one thing: Freedom.
Running Tom Cotton another Herschel Walker boy, who said gays “should have perspective. They hang you in Iran for the crime of being gay,” just blocked the PRESS Act designed to protect journalists Trump called “enemies of the people.” Conservatives fear a free press.
"Men are simple creatures. It doesn't take much to please us. The problem is women. Divorce is almost always their fault. They refuse to be satisfied by what God has given them."
The richest man in Congress, Senator Rick Scott, is trying to END Social Security and Medicare. The Senator is an entitled and DISGUSTING man who also DEFRAUDED Medicare!
Noem “Can you imagine an elected official being able to force state investment officers into putting state money into securities that conform with said official’s political persuasion? No competent investment professional would stand for it.”
and Haley; Did Donald Trump really say the people of S. C. are embarrassed by Nikki Haley?
Nikki Haley suggests American born Senator Raphael Warnock - whose father served in the Second World War - should go back to.. wherever.
It reminds me of when Nikki Haley went on a crusade against the UN peacekeeping budget + China gladly jumped in to eliminate human rights positions.

Pete, when you ignore everything unethical the left has ever done, and you ignore everything good that the right has ever done, that makes the left look a lot better than the right. But it's not a sane way to compare the 2 sides.

Poor victim, as I said
Much of what has happened to the GOP has nothing to do with politics. It’s the story of a voluntary association of people who decided to not only tolerate petty viciousness but value it. Graciousness & kindness are seen as weakness. It’s not new or interesting. It’s just YOUR choice.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-15-2022, 02:55 PM   #299
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
In 1965, the governor of Alabama was named George Wallace. He was a Democrat, like the majority of Americans who advocated for segregation.

What planet do you live on, exactly?

I said "just about every" political riot has been initiated by the left. That's obviously true.

To argue with me, you're saying (I think?) that the southern segregationists were republicans? Have you been drinking fentanyl?
Once again you show your lack of understanding of political history, never mind basic math.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-15-2022, 03:06 PM   #300
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Once again you show your lack of understanding of political history, never mind basic math.

Were the southern segregationists of the 1960s democrats or republicans? Wayne said Geprge Wallace was a republican, I corrected him, and that means I am the one who doesn't understand history. Gotcha.