Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

I consider the rampage shooters as suicides. Perhaps the answer is have places where people can go and be treated and if they still want out give them a hot shot. Of course this would involve including family and friends having the chance to help and be held responsible for anyone they do not allow to leave this world.
Some people just want out so let them have a way that doesn't harm others.....unlike suicide by cops which impacts the officers and others.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
Piscator

This is from last year...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/...ack/index.html

If China had outlwed knives then this would not have happened right? Come on.....the problem is people, always has and always will be.
What happens when a nut job does something like this with a bow and bunch of arrows? Do we outlaw those too? Lots of irrational thinking going on. There is a problem with society that needs to be addressed. Someone said Root Cause and that is what it's all about. Why is there a need by an increasing number of whack jobs to do these types of things and what is the best way to address the ever increasing amount of sick people who want to do things like this?
There is soooo much more to this issue and a near cited argument is to to make something illegal.

Heroin is illegal...glad making it illeagl has helped fix that issue..
Old 10-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
Nebe

The saying is so cliche but so true. "When you make guns illegal, only the criminals will have them".
Old 10-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
Raven

not to mention a crime perpetrated against a specific religious group

you have to ask yourself

where did this hatred originate from... ? as that is the root cause
the weapon used is obviously a concern when one victim was shot 34 times
Old 10-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
not to mention a crime perpetrated against a specific religious group

you have to ask yourself

where did this hatred originate from... ? as that is the root cause
the weapon used is obviously a concern when one victim was shot 34 times
If the online writing being attributed to his mother is real then I'd suggest that's a good place to start looking...
Old 10-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #6
Raven

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If the online writing being attributed to his mother is real then I'd suggest that's a good place to start looking...
yep exactly my point... his ideology was not of his own design

it was taught to him

same as the church assassin... both people drank the evil coolaide
Old 10-07-2015, 12:47 PM   #7
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

By the very definition, criminals do not follow laws. Just make killing people illegal... oh wait.

Want to help?, stop picking on law abiding citizens and petition for more money for mental health. (screenings, wellness, aid etc etc etc)

Mental health issues are the cause, plain and simple.

People die drinking, ban all booze... People die in cars ban all cars...

These rampaging incidents go back forever and some have happened with knives... CRIMINALS DONT GIVE AF ANY LAWS.... thats what makes them criminals.

Domination takes full concentration..
Old 10-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber View Post
These rampaging incidents go back forever and some have happened with knives... CRIMINALS DONT GIVE AF ANY LAWS.... thats what makes them criminals.
This is the most illogical thing I think I've read on this site…and that counts all Jim's posts...
Old 10-07-2015, 09:46 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is the most illogical thing I think I've read on this site…and that counts all Jim's posts...
Spence, what gun law is being proposed by liberals, which would have prevented this killing? If gun laws are an effective tool in reducing violence, please explain all the gun violence where there are strict gun laws (like DC and Chicago, or New Haven and Hartford), and why there is almost zero gun crime in the city of Fargo, ND, where a huge percentage of the population own guns?

Have fun with that, and take your time, you will need it.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #10
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

What's illogical is putting this blood on the hands of all responsible gun owners, which is everyone here that owns a gun I'm sure! It's not "in our court" it should be in the court of mental health care, parents and families, and our useless liberal government that does virtually nothing about the tragic murders that happen in low-income communities ever single damn day, mostly by recidivist punks!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
What's illogical is putting this blood on the hands of all responsible gun owners, which is everyone here that owns a gun I'm sure! It's not "in our court" it should be in the court of mental health care, parents and families, and our useless liberal government that does virtually nothing about the tragic murders that happen in low-income communities ever single damn day, mostly by recidivist punks!
I'd love to hear how all the responsible gun owners on the site have suffered so dearly under this repressive anti-gun government.

Anyone had their guns taken away?
Old 10-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #12
tysdad115

Quote:
I'd love to hear how all the responsible gun owners on the site have suffered so dearly under this repressive anti-gun government.

Anyone had their guns taken away?
Left to people with your views it would happen swiftly.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #13
derekl

I have had this discussion a million times now. If you made the gun laws the same nationally as what we have in mass( pretty strict) it still won't stop people from commiting mass murders. Taking away fire arms from law abiding gun owners will not solve anything.
For those that say

We need to have back ground checks- we do in nearly every state wether it be to get I firearm permit or go into a store and they call a local/ state agency that runs a check. Either way they are checked

Education. In most states in order to get a permit you need to take a class to get that permit.

Insurance-- what will having insurance solve with illegally obtain firearms? My cars insured, but mostly so it can be replaced or if I were to be in an accident to cover in jury's or damage to others. Is a deer gonna sue me for putting it in my freezer? Or the paper target for putting holes in it. I'm not sure what insuring my firearms will do for guns being brought in from outside the country and being sold illegally.

Banning gun free zones would be a huge start. And just as night fighter said how about open carry everywhere, better yet make gun laws and open carry as well as licenses being obtained federally instead of state to to state.

Hell make stricter laws for illegally obtained/ possession firearms, If being in possession illegally carried a life sentence that may get rid of a few illegally obtained firearms.

You will never stop crazy people from doing crazy #^&#^&#^&#^&. I'd like to be able to protect myself if I ever need to.

Let's also pass laws that all these crimes can not in any way make it to the media, every time these mass murders happen the story changes every minute, lots of stories being made up within a small story, then glorified to the crazies in the world.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:41 AM   #14
Nebe

Because religion promotes peace and love !
Old 10-08-2015, 05:55 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Because religion promotes peace and love !
The fact that you would deny that (in the case of most religions, certainly in the case of Christianity and Judaism), displays your ignorance and/or hatred.

Any huge group of people will have a few evil apples, I don't think there are any exceptions to that. But those evil people aren't inspired by anything that is taught as a cornerstone of their faith.

For example, there was obviously a huge problem with Catholics and pedophiles (more accurately, with Catholics and homosexual predators, but we aren't supposed to say that, either). But those crimes were not inspired by anything that's in the Catholic Catechism.

You don't have to be spiritual to be a good person. But it helps tip the scales in a good way. That's true. You can deny that and ridicule it, or ask if there is anything we can extrapolate from that. Go to a Catholic charity some time, and ask those people why they are volunteering there, instead of sitting home watching TV.

True Christians don't, by and large, shoot people for no good reason. Many of them will tell you that their faith is a big reason why they feel obligated to care about others, but you can't admit that, because it doesn't serve your political agenda.

If I had to constantly deny irrefutable empirical evidence in order to justify my beliefs, that would cause me to take a long, hard look at what I believe, and why. And where I get my information from.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #16
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The fact that you would deny that (in the case of most religions, certainly in the case of Christianity and Judaism), displays your ignorance and/or hatred.

Any huge group of people will have a few evil apples, I don't think there are any exceptions to that. But those evil people aren't inspired by anything that is taught as a cornerstone of their faith.

For example, there was obviously a huge problem with Catholics and pedophiles (more accurately, with Catholics and homosexual predators, but we aren't supposed to say that, either). But those crimes were not inspired by anything that's in the Catholic Catechism.

You don't have to be spiritual to be a good person. But it helps tip the scales in a good way. That's true. You can deny that and ridicule it, or ask if there is anything we can extrapolate from that. Go to a Catholic charity some time, and ask those people why they are volunteering there, instead of sitting home watching TV.

True Christians don't, by and large, shoot people for no good reason. Many of them will tell you that their faith is a big reason why they feel obligated to care about others, but you can't admit that, because it doesn't serve your political agenda.

If I had to constantly deny irrefutable empirical evidence in order to justify my beliefs, that would cause me to take a long, hard look at what I believe, and why. And where I get my information from.
Bingo.....Remember when John McCain, a former Democrat who switched parties and became Republican ran for president they said he was too old. Well Both Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden are older than McCain was when he ran. I wonder when they are going to say they are too old to be president? Even Hillary if elected will become older than John McCain was while she is in office. What are the chances her age will become an issue if she becomes president and runs for a second term.
It seems to me they insulted John McCain but nobody cared.
It is obvious the party affiliation and it's agendas is all that matters to the Democraps.
That's one of the reasons I want Obamacare renamed properly to what it is Democare since it's the Democrats that made everyone purchase a product or face penalties. Renaming it Democare would remind everyone who caused their cost of living to increase...the Democrats.

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 10-08-2015 at 07:26 AM..
Old 10-08-2015, 06:18 AM   #17
Nebe

Why does the Dakotas have one of the highest levels of hate crimes in the country ? What is the number 1 reason for murder in the world? What tool is used to control people for Political domination for thousands of years ??

Think hard now.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:50 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why does the Dakotas have one of the highest levels of hate crimes in the country ? What is the number 1 reason for murder in the world? What tool is used to control people for Political domination for thousands of years ??

Think hard now.
I googled that, and didn't see anything. Can you post a link to support your claim, so that I can read it?

Because it's pretty white, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that it's a popular place for racists. That's not he fault of the majority of good people who live there.

Now, I asked why the gun crime rate is so low there, even in places like Fargo, which is a city, not a rural area. Think hard now...
Old 10-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:

Think hard now.
Why do Michigan and D.C. have higher rates of hate crimes than North Dakota? And why is Connecticut included in the top ten states in highest rate of hate crimes? Is religion the reason? And those three states have some of the strictest gun control laws.

If the precursor to a hate crime is a bias against a group or belief, then your bias against religion could, if you were prone to criminal behavior, make you a potential hate criminal. Religion is one of the targets of hate criminals.

And when religion is used as a tool by tyrants for control of people rather than a way of life by those people, then it is the tyrant, not the religion that is to blame. Just as it is the killer, not the gun, who is to blame.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
What is the number 1 reason for murder in the world? Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
In this country, religiously motivated murders amount to nothing, excluding Islamic jihadists. Two weekends in a row, there were 50+ shootings in Chicago. Religion had very little to do with it. The majority of gun crimes in this country are committed by people who have absolutely nothing in common with the Judeo-Christian principles upon which the country was founded. You think genuine Christians are committing a meaningful amount of street crime in this country, and that their religion is the motivation for doing so? I'd love to see evidence to support that.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #21
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
In this country, religiously motivated murders amount to nothing, excluding Islamic jihadists. Two weekends in a row, there were 50+ shootings in Chicago. Religion had very little to do with it. The majority of gun crimes in this country are committed by people who have absolutely nothing in common with the Judeo-Christian principles upon which the country was founded. You think genuine Christians are committing a meaningful amount of street crime in this country, and that their religion is the motivation for doing so? I'd love to see evidence to support that.
See the Army of God for a fine example of Christian values. In central Africa the good Christians destroy mosques, in the name of God of course.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
See the Army of God for a fine example of Christian values. In central Africa the good Christians destroy mosques, in the name of God of course.
There's nothing in Christian teaching that commands this. Zip. I'm not talking about bloodthirsty lunatics. I'm talking about your neighbors who go to Church and volunteer their time at local charities.

Yawn.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #23
Nebe

And yes. There are some good eggs out there.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:35 AM   #24
Nebe

Furthermore our friends in ISIS have the same thought process. "Everyone should just follow our ideas of religion... It will be so peaceful when that happens"
Old 10-08-2015, 06:53 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Furthermore our friends in ISIS have the same thought process. "Everyone should just follow our ideas of religion... It will be so peaceful when that happens"
That's Islam. If you read my posts, I specifically mentioned Christianity and Judaism.

There was a time in this country, when most people went to Church. Now, far less people go to Church. Guess what also happened? Now, we have more divorce, infidelity, abortions, mass shootings, etc.

Nebe, why has there been a cultural decline in the US, and also a decline in religion?

Think hard now...
Old 10-08-2015, 06:53 AM   #26
Nebe

http://www.usa.com/south-dakota-stat...crime-rate.htm
Old 10-08-2015, 08:27 AM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
http://www.usa.com/south-dakota-stat...crime-rate.htm
Don't know if you noticed on the link you posted, but Hate crimes have been going down in South Dakota and as of 2013 was actually below the national average.

....and FYI.....Fargo is in North Dakota

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-08-2015, 08:39 AM   #28
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Don't know if you noticed on the link you posted, but Hate crimes have been going down in South Dakota and as of 2013 was actually below the national average.

....and FYI.....Fargo is in North Dakota
I did not notice that and good eye.

Here's North Dakota.
The hate crime index there is going up!
http://www.usa.com/north-dakota-stat...crime-rate.htm
Old 10-08-2015, 06:56 AM   #29
Nebe

There's been a decline because many people have probably realized that religion isn't really a free ticket to heaven. Children today learn far more early in life that there is no Easter bunny Santa Claus either.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:58 AM   #30
Nebe

I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a #^&#^&#^&#^& but what grinds my gears is anyone who thinks what they believe would be better for someone else.