Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-26-2021, 02:57 AM   #1
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’ve answered your question plenty of times
It’s pretty simple to find how the parties flipped sides on race in the past century
You can ignore history but can’t rewrite it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Oh…the old "party flipping" conspiracy theory again….that’s a good one……

Last edited by scottw; 10-26-2021 at 04:50 AM..
Old 10-26-2021, 05:24 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’ve answered your question plenty of times
It’s pretty simple to find how the parties flipped sides on race in the past century
You can ignore history but can’t rewrite it
no, you’ve “said” the parties flipped on race, you haven’t shown it.

the gop is for slavery and segregation?

the liberals oppose school
choice, didn’t cheer for record low black unemployment at Trumps SOTU ( but they cheered and danced for themselves), they sit by and do nothing while liberal welfare inflicts a Holocaust of fatherlessness into blacks, they kept robert byrd in the senate for 375 years…

it’s all lip service. look at what liberals are doing to blacks in the big cities. everything about liberalism is designed to keep poor bocks in the big cities, and to keep them poor and dependent on government so they have a reliable voting block.
Old 10-26-2021, 05:50 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

it’s all lip service. look at what liberals are doing to blacks in the big cities. everything about liberalism is designed to keep poor bocks in the big cities, and to keep them poor and dependent on government so they have a reliable voting block.

I thought everything wasn’t a conspiracy ?

That didn’t last long
Old 10-26-2021, 06:13 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Nice Jim, let's grab a perceived inaccuracy within the argument, proceed to attack the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of it by calling it "deceitful & extreme" so the bystanders pay attention to the "inaccuracy" & the core issue is completely downplayed. How was that called? Straw-man fallacy? lol..
Old 10-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

So Jim, just what is your solution?
Sterilization?
Remove the children?
Make them go to church, oops Asians go least and blacks go most.

or Parental leave and support, child care and early childhood education?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-26-2021, 11:02 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
So Jim, just what is your solution?
Sterilization?
Remove the children?
Make them go to church, oops Asians go least and blacks go most.

or Parental leave and support, child care and early childhood education?
yes pete, my solution is sterilization.

it’s your side that puts an abortion clinic on every corner in the cities. you don’t want too many.

the solution is first, saying out loud the obvious truth that by far, by far, the best way for children to grow up is in a traditional nuclear family. we can stop saying masculinity is toxic. and most obviously, we can stop paying teenage girls a bonus for having babies without a dad around. that’s what we do today. the welfare check is higher if there’s no dad. that incentivizes girls to have babies without a dad. we can stop making sex more and more of a casual, transactional act.

when that welfare lunacy was proposed ( more money for childless fathers), the late great Daniel Patrick Moynihan ( liberal democrat senator from NY) brilliantly predicted that it would destroy the black nuclear family, which would be an economic and cultural disaster for blacks. that’s what he said, he was attacked for saying it, and yet he was exactly correct.

another great solution is to somehow get people to go back to church on sundays.

pete, asian families stick
together like glue. they work their fingers to the bone. guess what?? that works! we can point to that cultural model, and encourage others to emulate it. your side won’t do that, because to them the nuclear family is an anachronism, it’s not progressive.

again, i dont say “that works” simply because that supports my agenda. i say “that works” because the data absolutely could not be more clear, it just works.

obama had a unique ability to move the cultural needle
in the right direction on these issues. he did absolutely nothing.

the conservative solution to this problem, is to find what works, and somehow try to expand it. and to find what doesn’t work, and try to reduce it, to discourage it.

the liberal solution, is to repeat exactly what got us into this mess. more of the same. more welfare, more fatherless kids getting into to trouble. not even letting them choose to go to schools which work.

try making that wrong. you can’t.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-26-2021 at 11:12 AM..
Old 10-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Pete, do you believe that Asian-Americans are somehow biologically superior to blacks? do you have reason to believe that if blacks behaved like asians ( families stick together, kids do 4 hours of homework every single day), that blacks wouldn’t have the same results?

you are frozen by that question. if you say blacks wouldn’t do as well, you’re a racist. if you concede they’d do as well, you’re admitting they don’t need liberalism, they just need to make better decisions.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:18 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Ah, the Nancy solution
Just say no and get married
Ok
Old 10-26-2021, 12:36 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ah, the Nancy solution
Just say no and get married
Ok
didn’t say that. but between STDs and unwanted pregnancies, it seems to me that there’s a meaningful downside to casual sex. not to you, though. good for you.

to the surprise of no one, you ignored my question about blacks and asians. you can’t go near anything that’s not pro-left. you just can’t.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-26-2021 at 12:42 PM..
Old 10-26-2021, 01:11 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
didn’t say that. but between STDs and unwanted pregnancies, it seems to me that there’s a meaningful downside to casual sex. not to you, though. good for you.

to the surprise of no one, you ignored my question about blacks and asians. you can’t go near anything that’s not pro-left. you just can’t.
Because once again you have thrown out a red herring, to distract from the issue of existing and systemic racial inequality.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because once again you have thrown out a red herring, to distract from the issue of existing and systemic racial inequality.
pointing to one groups success, and asking how we can get others to try and emulate that success, is a red herring? or just politically inconvenient for you?

makes all kinds of sense.

how can there be widespread racial
inequality, if Asians, not whites, are the most economically successful race in the nation?

the right wants to fix what’s wrong in the cities, that’s the last thing democrats want.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-26-2021 at 01:35 PM..
Old 10-26-2021, 01:36 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
pointing to one groups success, and asking how we can get others to try and emulate that success, is a red herring? or just politically inconvenient for you?

makes all kinds of sense.
What’s the point of your question?
Because Asians perform better in the educational system?
So do girls and you have expressed concerns about toxic masculinity.

You’re proof that the Venn diagram of men who are saying paternity leave isn't necessary cause babies don't need their fathers and people who blame all racial disparity in the U.S. on a "lack of black fathers" is a circle.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Actually what Moynihan wanted and Nixon did was a guaranteed basic income, where nobody would be below the poverty level and there would be no strings attached.
By the way, the idea has re-emerged
Old 10-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually what Moynihan wanted and Nixon did was a guaranteed basic income, where nobody would be below the poverty level and there would be no strings attached.
By the way, the idea has re-emerged
what moynihan didn’t want, was giving teenage girls a financial incentive to have babies out of wedlock. moynihan wanted a lot of things in life i’m
sure, but as pertains to this issue, he did not want government taking a wrecking ball to the black nuclear family.

every speck of evidence suggests he was right..
Old 10-26-2021, 02:12 PM   #15
wdmso

Texas reduces Black and Hispanic majority congressional districts in proposed map, despite people of color fueling population growth
The proposed congressional map also increases the number of districts where Trump would have had a majority of voters over Biden in 2020 and protects Republican incumbents who might have been vulnerable by packing their districts with more Trump voters.

BUT BUT CRT

if you can win on your own! or get more members to vote for your ideas Just cheat to win elections brought to you by the GOP
Old 10-27-2021, 05:44 AM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Old 10-28-2021, 08:35 PM   #17
wdmso

Texas House committee to investigate school districts’ books on race and sexuality

State Rep. Matt Krause, a candidate for state attorney general, asked school superintendents to confirm whether any books on a list of 850 titles are in their libraries and classrooms.

This is classic example of CRT
Old 10-29-2021, 04:16 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Texas House committee to investigate school districts’ books on race and sexuality

State Rep. Matt Krause, a candidate for state attorney general, asked school superintendents to confirm whether any books on a list of 850 titles are in their libraries and classrooms.

This is classic example of CRT
and what is it, when liberals ban To Kill A Mockingbird

There’s plenty of racism in that book. but what liberals somehow miss ( and you really have to be stupid to miss) is that the racists are portrayed as awful. the guy fighting against the racists,,is the hero of the book.
Old 10-29-2021, 07:38 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
and what is it, when liberals ban To Kill A Mockingbird

There’s plenty of racism in that book. but what liberals somehow miss ( and you really have to be stupid to miss) is that the racists are portrayed as awful. the guy fighting against the racists,,is the hero of the book.
school board’s decision

following concerns raised by parents over racism.

the main character his actions are not heroic “In reality, Atticus was an unwilling participant not a civil rights crusader;

I agree with you the book is full of racism ,

I don’t think the concern is teaching about racism

Parents concerns of CRT would be legitimate if it was actually happening

And this is the State looking to ban books huge difference

Krause sent a letter on Monday to the Texas Education Agency and superintendents of school districts around the state, asking each official to confirm whether their schools possess any books on his list, along with a detailed accounting of where they are and how much money was spent on them.

but his request mentioned several recent pushes to remove books from libraries and classrooms if they center on issues from transgender identity to critical race theory

https://www.marshall.edu/library/ban...a-mockingbird/

List all the ban attempts of the book not all are liberal areas one was over Challenged at the Brentwood (TN) Middle School because the book contains “profanity” and “contains adult themes such as sexual intercourse, rape, and incest.

Last edited by wdmso; 10-29-2021 at 07:53 AM..
Old 10-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
school board’s decision

following concerns raised by parents over racism.

the main character his actions are not heroic “In reality, Atticus was an unwilling participant not a civil rights crusader;

I agree with you the book is full of racism ,

I don’t think the concern is teaching about racism

Parents concerns of CRT would be legitimate if it was actually happening

And this is the State looking to ban books huge difference

Krause sent a letter on Monday to the Texas Education Agency and superintendents of school districts around the state, asking each official to confirm whether their schools possess any books on his list, along with a detailed accounting of where they are and how much money was spent on them.

but his request mentioned several recent pushes to remove books from libraries and classrooms if they center on issues from transgender identity to critical race theory

https://www.marshall.edu/library/ban...a-mockingbird/

List all the ban attempts of the book not all are liberal areas one was over Challenged at the Brentwood (TN) Middle School because the book contains “profanity” and “contains adult themes such as sexual intercourse, rape, and incest.
oh, atticus finch wasn’t a hero?

have you ever read the book? just because you can post a quote from some moron, doesnt make it true.

i’ve read it ten times. the only reason atticus expressed any concern over taking on racism, was his children. he felt bad that he had to expose them to the ugliness of the world. But he did it anyway. He did it generously, skillfully, and at great risk to himself.

jesus god almighty wayne.

Duh.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:34 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

have you ever read the book? just because you can post a quote from some moron, doesnt make it true.

i’ve read it ten times. the only reason atticus expressed any concern over taking on racism, was his children. he felt bad that he had to expose them to the ugliness of the world. But he did it anyway. He did it generously, skillfully, and at great risk to himself.

Duh.
Now do the Texas rep who has a list of close to a thousand books he wants to ban.

The rapid shift from "why is everyone an easily triggered snowflake participation trophy recipient" to "we gotta ban these books because my senior in high school had nightmares" is more indication that maybe the former was a bad faith operation all along

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-02-2021, 09:33 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:

Duh.

Yes Jim when I read it I to was told how heroic he was by my teachers and in my limited experience in the real world it made sense .. but at 55 years old I read the same book and see a different reality, Just because I don’t see his as a grand hero in no way am I suggesting he is a villain, because he is neither to me he his a man that is in the middle of 2 different worlds and trying his best to give a man a fair trial Aka his Job
I see many people of history and characters in book in the same light
Age and experience tends to do that..
Old 10-29-2021, 09:40 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

What does the rightwing think is wrong with white kids in America that, if they learn accurate US history, they won't love our country?

I have more confidence in America's children of all colors and the American Dream than to think true patriotism requires ignorance.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #24
wdmso

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., told Newsmax that this country's current education system is ''indoctrinating'' young people to hate the United States.

CRT nationalism the hate of the media Jan 6th all being spewed by the right Trump and his followers…

Sure their just being patriotic .that the excuse . they are the real clear and present danger to democracy!!
Old 11-01-2021, 03:24 PM   #25
detbuch

Old 11-01-2021, 05:41 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

So now you’re consulting YouTubers from an Indian foundation to justify not teaching American History in America, not sure what kind of shift that is from your other source from Brazil
Old 11-01-2021, 07:00 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
So now you’re consulting YouTubers from an Indian foundation to justify not teaching American History in America, not sure what kind of shift that is from your other source from Brazil
The perspectives I am introducing you to are very "diverse." Am I to suppose that you only support diversity if it suits your narrow agenda?

And the discussion in the video is between an American and an Indian both of whom have far more knowledge about CRT and its effects than you seem to have. You claim that "conservatives" don't even know what CRT is. I haven't seen you attempt a critique of what it is nor any attempt to discuss it.

And these videos are not about American history. From what I have gathered, CRT is not history per se, it is race theory.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:51 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Here is a short lesson on what critical race theory is, the rest is in the link

A Lesson on Critical Race Theory
by Janel George

In September 2020, President Trump issued an executive order excluding from federal contracts any diversity and inclusion training interpreted as containing “Divisive Concepts,” “Race or Sex Stereotyping,” and “Race or Sex Scapegoating.” Among the content considered “divisive” is Critical Race Theory (CRT). In response, the African American Policy Forum, led by legal scholar Kimberlé Crenshaw, launched the #TruthBeTold campaign to expose the harm that the order poses. Reports indicate that over 300 diversity and inclusion trainings have been canceled as a result of the order. And over 120 civil rights organizations and allies signed a letter condemning the executive order. The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF), the National Urban League (NUL), and the National Fair Housing Alliance filed a federal lawsuit alleging that the executive order violates the guarantees of free speech, equal protection, and due process. So, exactly what is CRT, why is it under attack, and what does it mean for the civil rights lawyer?

CRT is not a diversity and inclusion “training” but a practice of interrogating the role of race and racism in society that emerged in the legal academy and spread to other fields of scholarship. Crenshaw—who coined the term “CRT”—notes that CRT is not a noun, but a verb. It cannot be confined to a static and narrow definition but is considered to be an evolving and malleable practice. It critiques how the social construction of race and institutionalized racism perpetuate a racial caste system that relegates people of color to the bottom tiers. CRT also recognizes that race intersects with other identities, including sexuality, gender identity, and others. CRT recognizes that racism is not a bygone relic of the past. Instead, it acknowledges that the legacy of slavery, segregation, and the imposition of second-class citizenship on Black Americans and other people of color continue to permeate the social fabric of this nation.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...l-race-theory/

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Am I to suppose that you only support diversity if it suits your narrow agenda?

ding...ding...ding....
Old 11-01-2021, 06:21 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

This is how the Republican Party uses the fear induced with their latest bogeyman, Critical Race Theory

Greg Abbott, noting that parents across Texas have become “increasingly alarmed” about “extremely inappropriate” library books, is now calling on districts to remove them. Doesn’t cite specific books, but recent cases have centered on anti-racism, sex-ed and LGBTQ books.