Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-10-2021, 08:50 AM   #1
wdmso

Mr Trump said he was furious at Mr Netanyahu for the way he congratulated Joe Biden on his election victory, using an expletive towards him.

Such a shinning example of a former US President classy as his supporters
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-10-2021, 09:02 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mr Trump said he was furious at Mr Netanyahu for the way he congratulated Joe Biden on his election victory, using an expletive towards him.

more evidence that trump is a jerk, we agree.

now, can we move on? yiu said tromps covid response was a failure. fine. but more americans are dying under biden in 2021, than died in 2020, and biden inherited an infastructure of testing and vaccines. trump had to start from scratch.

given the advantages biden had ( plus trump had to deal with a NY governor who acted as if his mission was to kill everyone in nursing homes), how is Biden’s covid response not also a “failure”?

isnt more deaths, a bigger failure than fewer deaths?

have fun with that.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
more evidence that trump is a jerk, we agree.

now, can we move on? yiu said tromps covid response was a failure. fine. but more americans are dying under biden in 2021, than died in 2020, and biden inherited an infastructure of testing and vaccines. trump had to start from scratch.

given the advantages biden had ( plus trump had to deal with a NY governor who acted as if his mission was to kill everyone in nursing homes), how is Biden’s covid response not also a “failure”?

isnt more deaths, a bigger failure than fewer deaths?

have fun with that.
Jim now your using. Calendar dates
And again regurgitation right wing talking points

Only you would show Trump starting at zero and then handing Biden a country overflowing with virus and deaths already in the pipeline and suggest Trump did a better Job.. lol

The spread of the highly contagious Delta variant and low vaccination rates in some communities were important factors, But lower-than-expected immunization rates as well as fatigue with precautionary measures like masks allowed the highly contagious Delta variant to spread, largely among the unvaccinated, epidemiologists say.

But your such an honest broker of information… you’ll ignore the why
Old 12-10-2021, 10:07 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim now your using. Calendar dates
And again regurgitation right wing talking points

Only you would show Trump starting at zero and then handing Biden a country overflowing with virus and deaths already in the pipeline and suggest Trump did a better Job.. lol

The spread of the highly contagious Delta variant and low vaccination rates in some communities were important factors, But lower-than-expected immunization rates as well as fatigue with precautionary measures like masks allowed the highly contagious Delta variant to spread, largely among the unvaccinated, epidemiologists say.

But your such an honest broker of information… you’ll ignore the why
“jim now you’re using calendar dates…”

so it’s inappropriate to judge trump on what happened during his term, and do the same with biden

we should
all do what you do, which is blame trump for everything bad that happened during his 4 years, and ignore the bad results when the potus is a democrat.

i mean, that’s just so consistent and rational!

if using deaths isn’t a good way to measure covid response, how would you do it? what statistic would you use?

“lower than expected immunization rates”…

according to whom?
Old 12-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:

so it’s inappropriate to judge trump on what happened during his term, and do the same with biden

we should
all do what you do, which is blame trump for everything bad that happened during his 4 years, and ignore the bad results when the potus is a democrat.

i mean, that’s just so consistent and rational!

if using deaths isn’t a good way to measure covid response, how would you do it? what statistic would you use?

according to whom?
So Trump gets a boat no holes or dents it starts leaking worse during his ownership and he does nothing to slow the flow ...then he loses the election and gives biden a boat sinking full of water and full of holes due to the previous owners neglect (covid) and on his way out Door presents Biden with a half gallon milk jug (vaccine) and says start bailing .. this should fix it.... so Biden Starts with a boat full of holes and filled with water one bailer nothing to plug the holes and Jim thinks as usual the Both have started from the same spot
Old 12-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
So Trump gets a boat no holes or dents it starts leaking worse during his ownership and he does nothing to slow the flow ...then he loses the election and gives biden a boat sinking full of water and full of holes due to the previous owners neglect (covid) and on his way out Door presents Biden with a half gallon milk jug (vaccine) and says start bailing .. this should fix it.... so Biden Starts with a boat full of holes and filled with water one bailer nothing to plug the holes and Jim thinks as usual the Both have started from the same spot
covid came out of nowhere on trump’s watch, there was no way to see it coming.

with biden, i don’t know how he could have expected or prepared for variants.

i’m not overly impressed by how either one led this.

you’re the one who says trump failed but biden didn’t. We notice you’ve yet to provide a meaningful statistic that would allow any rational
person to conclude that biden is doing better.

then there’s burdens vaccine mandates that courts are striking down all over. if that were trump guys all be complaining that he was violating the constitution like the authoritarian you say he was.

“gives biden a boat sinking full of water.”

he gave biden a system with widespread rapid testing and a million people a day getting vaccinated.

you cannot be rational.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
covid came out of nowhere on trump’s watch, there was no way to see it coming.

with biden, i don’t know how he could have expected or prepared for variants.

i’m not overly impressed by how either one led this.

you’re the one who says trump failed but biden didn’t. We notice you’ve yet to provide a meaningful statistic that would allow any rational
person to conclude that biden is doing better.

then there’s burdens vaccine mandates that courts are striking down all over. if that were trump guys all be complaining that he was violating the constitution like the authoritarian you say he was.

“gives biden a boat sinking full of water.”

he gave biden a system with widespread rapid testing and a million people a day getting vaccinated.

you cannot be rational.
OK Mr Rational and this only deals with the first of the baloney you posted. As far as testing goes the Trump administration botched the development and implementation of Covid testing, the Biden administration has done better but not much

“CAME OUT of nowhere,” President Trump said March 6 of the coronavirus pandemic. “I just think this is something . . . that you can never really think is going to happen.” A few weeks later, he added, “I would view it as something that just surprised the whole world.” Mr. Trump also said, “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion.”
Of course, no one can pinpoint the exact moment that lightning will strike. But a global pandemic? Experts have predicted it, warned about the preparedness gaps and urged action. Again and again and again.

Just look at 2019.
In January, the U.S. intelligence community issued its annual global threat assessment. It declared, “We assess that the United States and the world will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support. . . . The growing proximity of humans and animals has increased the risk of disease transmission. The number of outbreaks has increased in part because pathogens originally found in animals have spread to human populations.”

In September, the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security issued a report titled “Preparedness for a High-Impact Respiratory Pathogen Pandemic.” The report found that if such a pathogen emerged, “it would likely have significant public health, economic, social, and political consequences. . . . The combined possibilities of short incubation periods and asymptomatic spread can result in very small windows for interrupting transmission, making such an outbreak difficult to contain.” The report pointed to “large national and international readiness gaps.”

In October, the Nuclear Threat Initiative, working with the Johns Hopkins center and the Economist Intelligence Unit, published its latest Global Health Security Index, examining open-source information about the state of health security across 195 nations, and scoring them. The report warned, “No country is fully prepared for epidemics or pandemics, and every country has important gaps to address.” The report found that “Fewer than 5 percent of countries scored in the highest tier for their ability to rapidly respond to and mitigate the spread of an epidemic.

In November, the Center for Strategic and International Studies published a study by its Commission on Strengthening America’s Health Security. It warned, “The American people are far from safe. To the contrary, the United States remains woefully ill-prepared to respond to global health security threats. This kind of vulnerability should not be acceptable to anyone. At the extreme, it is a matter of life and death. . . . Outbreaks proliferate that can spread swiftly across the globe and become pandemics, disrupting supply chains, trade, transport, and ultimately entire societies and economies.” The report recommended: “Restore health security leadership at the White House National Security Council.”
Came out of nowhere? Not even close. The question that must be addressed in future postmortems is why all this expertise and warning was ignored.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2021, 09:31 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
then there’s burdens vaccine mandates that courts are striking down all over.
The fact that your phone auto-corrected Biden to Burden is friggin priceless

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-10-2021, 10:43 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:

according to whom? not you thats for sure
Yes Jim lets use deaths and not surprising From Jan. 15, 2021 to Oct. 1, 2021, unvaccinated people were 40 times more likely to experience COVID-19-associated death than fully vaccinated people.

DEATH RATE FROM TEXAS

Rate per 100,000 in
Unvaccinated People was 463.7

Rate per 100,000 in Fully
Vaccinated 11.6

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/...s-11082021.pdf
Old 12-10-2021, 11:29 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes Jim lets use deaths and not surprising From Jan. 15, 2021 to Oct. 1, 2021, unvaccinated people were 40 times more likely to experience COVID-19-associated death than fully vaccinated people.

DEATH RATE FROM TEXAS

Rate per 100,000 in
Unvaccinated People was 463.7

Rate per 100,000 in Fully
Vaccinated 11.6

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/...s-11082021.pdf
"not you that's for sure"

I've said to you ten times in the last week, ten times, that I think it's stupid to not be vaccinated.

When you know you can't respond to what I say, you just make stuff up.

I think everyone should get vaccinated.

What I was questioning, is whether or not people were expecting vaccination rates to be a lot higher than they are now.

Biden has the benefit of many more Americans being vaccinated, than Trump had. Despite this, Biden is overseeing more deaths. That makes the higher death count, more remarkable, not less so.

"DEATH RATE FROM TEXAS "

You are hysterical, and a loyal liberal lemming.

When the national numbers are bad under Trump, you say it's his fault (Gov Cuomo is totally blameless).

When national numbers are worse under Biden, you blame republican governors.

According to you, bad results are a federal issue when Trump is president, bad results are a state's fault when Biden is president.

Do you listen to yourself?

liberal=good, conservative=bad, every time, zero exceptions.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:

what does this have to do with biden being a lousy president?
Old 12-10-2021, 10:35 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
what does this have to do with biden being a lousy president?
still waiting on your reasons he's a lousy POTUS compared to Trump you suggested they were the same
Old 12-10-2021, 10:55 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:
still waiting on your reasons he's a lousy POTUS compared to Trump you suggested they were the same
I didn’t say trump wasn’t just pointed out that someone on CNN said Biden basically sucks too despite promises and claims to be the anti-trump….if Biden loses CNN that would be pretty bad for the regime. He’s already lost Kamala
Old 12-10-2021, 11:29 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I didn’t say trump wasn’t just pointed out that someone on CNN said Biden basically sucks too despite promises and claims to be the anti-trump….if Biden loses CNN that would be pretty bad for the regime. He’s already lost Kamala
Even the jerks on The View are bashing Biden for breaking promises.