Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 AM   #1
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

New Plug Line ... Rated PG-17

I had some time on my hands today, as I was stuck at work behind my PC for awhile and finally got around to putting this together.

With everyone and their sister making plugs nowadays...I figured it must be reel easy....so, here is my futile attempt at making some $$$$$Pluggage.....

I have to admit, I haven't been at this long...but these lures are the dog’s bananas. They are hand-carved for explicit detail, soaked in the finest oils and garnished with the strongest hardware.

The Hardware:
We are using the BGee-646 hook on most models. I have good ties with the family and was able to jump on them early. Some of you may not know this but the Bee Gees started playing with metal long before metal even hit the airwaves. Barry Gibbs, possibly a relative of another well-known fishing “Gibbs”, was formerly known as the Gibster. He started fooling around with metals at home and developed this Uranium based material that could withstand the utmost abuse and fiercest environments, unfortunately I’m not advertising for the Gibster so you’ll have to research the company yourself. However it was a good find. You’ll love these things…they will outlast your lures. Please add an additional $3.75 plus taxes if you choose to go with the BGee-646. Otherwise they come garnished with a deluxe South Bend treble assembly for only $1.99 plus taxes.

The Finish:
The finish is flawless; it has to be…it’s a solid polymer material with incredible strength. It gets thru-wired while still in the mold for a more secure grip and then moves along the conveyor belt toward our carving stations. The colors are pre-selected and each plug will have a slight variation from the others giving it that custom-like touch. They used to be Baiters, but now… our Master Carvers spend hour on hour getting each plug just right. The weight-ing system is confidential, as you will not find any weights in these lures. There are different areas with denser polymer pockets dispensing the weight in the correct areas, a very technical procedure. Colors range from Flesh tone to Black, Brown, Red, White and of course Blue. Purchasing the plug in color is only an additional $2.69. If you act now, there is a *Special going on, ANY color will only cost you $1.50 each. I choose the color on the *Specials.

The Lubrication:
Each lure has a cavity that’s packed with some special jelly-oil that gets dispensed every 15 seconds. All our plugs get packed in Provincetown by their finest packers, for some reason labor costs are considerably lower for this position in that small town. The lure has an easy re-fill station near the neck of the plug. This special jelly-oil is a combination of Sardine secretion and Butterfish dynodes that together become the most potent scent on the market. Available in 4oz. Refill bottles upon request at only $7.99 each, plus tax. You can also purchase the video of the packers at work in their hometown for only $14.99 on VHS, $25.99 on DVD and $6.99 on 8-Track…plus tax.

Automation:
These lures also come equipped with an “Automatic” mode. We all have those nights when we get tired from casting but want to continue fishing right? Well these lures solve that problem. All you have to do is turn the “Auto” button on and the lure will vibrate in the water shaking the perfectly placed beads to make an incredible sound that NO fish can withstand. Our talented Field testers randomly test the “Auto” feature to assure that it complies with the ISO9001 standard protocol. The “Auto” feature comes absolutely free with each and every lure. A value of $19.99 alone.
Requires 6 - size “AAZZHO” 6.9Volt batteries.
Only available here for $2.99 each.

Field Testing:
These lures are field tested daily in the most diverse environments. The girls at Hooters do most of the testing as they have very large tanks with an assortment of fish for this type of work. All the girls agree that these lures are the best thing since the double “A” battery. They say their fish can’t get enough, one of the girls accidentally dropped it in her tank while it was in vibrating mode, oh boy...she got all wet trying to get that thing out. While testing, they remove the hooks so no parts of their fish get injured. We understand that these lures are a big hit at Race Point. We’ve only had one complaint, apparently one of the gentlemen on Commercial street had a firm grip on it but obviously applied to much jelly-oil and it slipped from his hands and was never seen again. We recommend you use the larger sizes if you plan on applying large amounts of lubricant.

Sizes are as follows:
The “Knob” – 3.5 inches, 1.5 oz....................$18.95 plus any extras
“Stubby” – 4.0 inches, 1.75 oz....................$20.10 plus any extras
“Pluggo” – 4.5 inches, 2 oz.........................$25.79 plus any extras
“Jeremy” – 6.75 inches 3 oz.......................$29.99 plus any extras
“Da Holmes” – at a whopping 8.5 inches, 4.5 oz. (not for the squeamish)………..A mere $40.00 for this extra-ordinary sized jumbo plus any extras

Yes, I had a LOT of time on my hands today as I was on-call and stuck behind a PC most of the day...so you have to suffer reading this post at least once. Hopefully you didn't get offended, I kept it as clean as I could, still corny though......but seriously, Please support our site plug-makers. More work goes into making these fine quality items than you would think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Joke.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	15409  

Last edited by bloocrab; 05-08-2006 at 01:36 PM..

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:36 AM   #2
Karl F

Classic!

Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:41 AM   #3
NIB

I thought they where RI poppers.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:56 AM   #4
Slingah

Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:05 AM   #5
Clammer

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

ya A SMF

But ya in the wrong business //whenya in the mood you have some classic material><>><<><

GREAT

PS we should see each other at least one before your kids go to college >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #6
gone fishin

gotta use one in the canal...........

low & slow 37
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
vineyardblues

HEAD TO P-TOWN !

vb
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB
I thought they where RI poppers.

Ohhhh..... they'll get you poppin alright...especially if you work them like Slinga's smileeeee....

Clamma - I'm an A-Howl.....soooooooon,
p.s..If I get a rise out of these plugs...I'll be sure and share the love with ya...

Old 05-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #9
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

SOON you will be laughing.
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
Jenn

I dont think someone has been getting out enough lately.....

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #11
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Vintage Bloocrab - the bride must be out of town

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #12
Goose

classic crab cakes
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #13
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
SOON you will be laughing.
Mr. Salty ,, , , Soon is everyday for me....I love to laugh, smile and joke.
If a person doesn't have a sense of humor, they ain't got no sense at all...and again, to re-iterate,
Quote:
Please support our site plug-makers. More work goes into making these fine quality items than you would think.
John, the bride don't know where I hid the power button, she can't even turn this thing on, not to mention she's too busy playing with my new plug most of the time. She's trying to figure out how long the batteries last . . .....and Jenn, I've been getting out.....and in, and out, and in, and out, and in.....that's what inspired my new plug creation ....

...and lastly, Mr. Goose ...I have a proto-type plug shaped like a pencil popper that I was going to name "The Gooser" , you know...one of those plugs to use at one of those extreme moments, ..like just before you get on the boat and feel the need. You, actually inspired me to create that one...however, I still have to work the splinters out, I used pressure treated material and I'm not having too much success. Would you mind field-testing that one?....pretty please, with chocolate mouse on top!!

..I did manage to catch a fish with stripes on it yesterday, not sure what it was though... ...

Last edited by bloocrab; 05-10-2006 at 01:13 AM..

Old 05-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #14
Slipknot
Super Moderator

pretty creative Gilly, I'll take one of those automated plugs please

better be careful or you may wind up with a bunch of little bloocrabs around the hacienda.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
Skitterpop

Thumbs up

I have something like that but the saltwater keeps f en up the batteries?

Mr. Crab that is very funny and creative

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #16
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

bloo not what u think. Soon you will REALLY be laughing. I have a new lure coming out.
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:30 AM   #17
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

that's what happens when you're on house arrest while working, you do "stupid" things....not so much creative, silly

salty, I know...you're always pulling somethin funny out of your bag of trix

Old 05-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #18
Goose

Ya know Gee, one must take care of head as they say. Clear mind of past ghost contractors and replace with sounds of drags, totes of fish & drifting nights into the weeee hours or putting our ankles to the test all the time wanting to sell our souls for DD. Hell if you take any of my advice you'll either be divorced or sleeping on the couch, the couch ain't so bad.

Work out the splinters? Use trex for her pleasure
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:50 AM   #19
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

bloo

That was friggin hilarious Bloo.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #20
zimmy

This hits too close to home for me... My neighbor who doesn't work very much has started plug building. recently he explained his new "toy" building hobby with way too much detail considering the age of him and his wife

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote