Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-22-2022, 07:57 PM   #211
wdmso

Rick Perry to Newsmax: 'I Don't Trust' Biden or Germany on Nord Stream 2

Another Conservative with Zero criticism for Putin but tons for his POTUS

Another GOP nobody
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-22-2022, 08:03 PM   #212
scottw

brandon was really struggling with words with more than two syllables today....
Old 02-22-2022, 08:03 PM   #213
Pete F.
Canceled

If I were Putin, I'd be a little worried that Trump thinks my invasion plan is "genius."
Old 02-22-2022, 08:05 PM   #214
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Making America great again is a loser?
Think they freeze Trumps credit line when they shut down Russias banks?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #215
Jim in CT

Kamala Harris:

“it is time for us to be doing what it is that we’ve been doing. And that time is every day.”

Harris makes Joy Behar sound like Margaret Thatcher.

Putin has no chance against her.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:16 PM   #216
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Kamala Harris:

“it is time for us to be doing what it is that we’ve been doing. And that time is every day.”

Harris makes Joy Behar sound like Margaret Thatcher.

Putin has no chance against her.
and today is that day!....or something

two things are inarguable.....

brandon is well into senility

kamala is the dumbest vice president in the history of vice presidents
Old 02-22-2022, 09:03 PM   #217
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
America has never stopped being Great
So MAGA can't lose.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:33 AM   #218
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump being a true American president lavishes praise on Putin and admires his plan as brilliant, meanwhile his crazy lawyer Rudy is posting Trudeau has killed all the truckers dogs and cats. Can’t wait to see if or where the Trump library will be, Moscow certainly is a good candidate.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:15 AM   #219
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump being a true American president lavishes praise on Putin and admires his plan as brilliant, meanwhile his crazy lawyer Rudy is posting Trudeau has killed all the truckers dogs and cats. Can’t wait to see if or where the Trump library will be, Moscow certainly is a good candidate.
Interesting and telling that you guys ( as well as CNN and MSNBC) spend ten times more energy focusing on what the previous administration is saying about Russia/Ukraine, than what the current administration is doing about Russia/Ukraine.

I have no problem holding Trump accountable for his stupid mouth. But if anyone read your posts, they'd think Trump was still POTUS. You never talk about Biden and whether or not he's doing well with this.

Is Biden doing a good job with this? I don't even know, I have no idea what he should have done. I do know that Putin had a reason for waiting for Biden before rattling his saber.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:15 AM   #220
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers;1223049

Trump being a true American president lavishes praise on Putin and admires his plan as brilliant
Daily Mail-22 February 2022

Trump says the Ukraine situation would NEVER have happened under him because he knows Putin 'very well':

Republicans say Biden's 'weakness' has 'emboldened' Russia and BOTH parties urge tough sanctions

'If properly handled, there was absolutely no reason that the situation currently happening in Ukraine should have happened at all,' Trump said

'The weak sanctions are insignificant relative to taking over a country and a massive piece of strategically located land,' Trump added

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday sent troops into the pro-Russian regions of Luhansk and Donetsk as he declared those regions independent
Biden imposed some new sanctions on Monday prohibiting trade with the Kremlin-backed regions

The president is expected to announced more sanctions Tuesday
Republicans and Democrats urged Biden to use every sanction in his arsenal before Putin fully invades
Old 02-23-2022, 08:18 AM   #221
Pete F.
Canceled

Putin’s not threatened by NATO, he has stated clearly in the past few weeks that he wants not just to snuff out Ukraine as an independent state, but to reverse the entire democratic order that unfolded after the fall of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of the former Soviet Union.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #222
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Putin’s not threatened by NATO, he has stated clearly in the past few weeks that he wants not just to snuff out Ukraine as an independent state, but to reverse the entire democratic order that unfolded after the fall of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of the former Soviet Union.
he's definitely not threatened by brandon...seems like everyone is in agreement on that
Old 02-23-2022, 08:24 AM   #223
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he's definitely not threatened by brandon...seems like everyone is in agreement on that
Personally, I want to hear more about what Rick Perry has to say. No one cares what Putin is doing, or how Biden is reacting, or the effect on oil.

The entire world needs to know what Rick Perry has to say. That's what matters to all of us.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:26 AM   #224
Jim in CT

Quote:
Rick Perry to Newsmax: 'I Don't Trust' Biden or Germany on Nord Stream 2

Another Conservative with Zero criticism for Putin but tons for his POTUS

Another GOP nobody
Who?

How about Sarah Palin and Dan Quayle, can you do some research and tell us what they have to say? We're dying to know. That's what matters.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:41 AM   #225
scottw

Quote:

The entire world needs to know what Rick Perry has to say. That's what matters to all of us.
isn't he a singer from the 80's or something?
Old 02-23-2022, 08:44 AM   #226
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
isn't he a singer from the 80's or something?
If you read all their posts, youd have no idea Biden was president.

Just find a bunch of GOP has-beens who say something stupid, and that's "the voice of the GOP".

Because nowhere, are there any liberals who say anything stupid.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:08 AM   #227
scottw

if you don't follow her...she's hilarious

Old 02-23-2022, 09:14 AM   #228
wdmso

Quote:
If you read all their posts, youd have no idea Biden was president.

Just find a bunch of GOP has-beens who say something stupid, and that's "the voice of the GOP".

Because nowhere, are there any liberals who say anything stupid.
As usual Jim you willingly missing the point . Of those People I posted and their comments..

You claim they are Stupid comments
And insist the don’t represent the GOP or their base

And you do it With out commenting on what’s so Stupid?

#^&#^&#^&#^& Morris Slams Tucker Carlson for Sellout to Russia

Tucker Carlson, amazingly, on Fox News, said that he would choose Russia over Ukraine – Let me guess you don’t know either of them
Old 02-23-2022, 09:22 AM   #229
scottw

Quote:
As usual Jim you willingly missing the point . Of those People I posted and their comments..

Tucker Carlson, amazingly, on Fox News, said that he would choose Russia over Ukraine – Let me guess you don’t know either of them
you post headlines that we know are almost always out of context...and then claim they represent an entire population
Old 02-23-2022, 09:26 AM   #230
scottw

you should read the whole article wayne....

"Morris lamenting the Biden administration allowing Putin to unwind the former President Ronald Reagan's success in the Cold War that ultimately saw the communist Soviet Union splinter.

"The work of President Ronald Reagan is totally trampled under those tank treads," Morris continued. "The freeing of 50 million people in Ukraine is being undone, another 150 million behind it. After this, he is going to go in the Baltic countries, he is going to go into Poland, going to go into Hungary, into the Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, all of them."

Russia is returning to its "expansionist" roots, according to Morris.

"Russia has always been expansionist," Morris continued. "Before it was communist and now it is both really expansionist and post-communist.

"And there are those who are minimizing this, saying, 'this is an incursion, not an invasion,' even using the phrase 'breakaway.' This isn't a breakaway. This is a takeaway."

Biden is being weak against Putin's aggression, Morris concluded.

"He's a chicken, because he's scared of his own shadow, and Biden does not know how to use power," Morris said. "And the problem is that he has a number of enablers in the United States, people who were his apologists saying, 'oh, no, it's not really invasions, just incursions."
Old 02-23-2022, 09:50 AM   #231
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Tucker Carlson, amazingly, on Fox News, said that he would choose Russia over Ukraine"

Show me the quote, please.

#^&#^&#^&#^& Morris was a Bill Clinton strategist. Then Foxnews paid him good money to bash democrats, so he did that. Then Fox fired him, so now hes mad at them.

#^&#^&#^&#^& Morris will say anything that anyone is willing to pay him to say. He's what you might call "available". That doesn't mean Tucker didn't say what he claims. But I'd like to see the quote. If you don't mind.

Can I see the entire quote #^&#^&#^&#^& Morris was referring to?

"missing the point

I see the point very clearly. The point is, this is another loser of an issue for Biden. Rather than discuss what the currently president is doing, you'd rather share quotes of has-beens saying dumb things. You're all desperately trying to shift attention away from Biden, and focus on GOP has beens.

Tucker Carlson isn't a has-been. But please share that quote. Sorry, I'm not taking #^&#^&#^&#^& Morris' word for it.

I've seen Tucker say America has a lot to lose in this conflict, and that Ukraine isn't so vital to us to be worth hurting American interests. I haven't seen Tucker say he "would choose Russia over Ukraine".
Old 02-23-2022, 09:55 AM   #232
Jim in CT

Here's what Carlson said...

"Why do I care … what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? And I’m serious. Why do I care? Why shouldn’t I root for Russia, which I am?”

Carlson said he was kidding, but I think it's an idiotic thing to say. WDMSO, I don't think many republicans at all, agree with that.

In the same show, Carlson followed with this...

"Before we go, earlier … I noted, I was rooting for Russia in the contest between Russia and Ukraine. Of course I’m joking, I’m only rooting for America.”

Morris left that part out. So did you.

WDMSO, you commented on Morris' criticism of Tucker Carlson. You ignored Morris' scathing criticism of Biden. Which is more significant? A TV host who speaks to 1% of the US population, or the sitting president?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-23-2022 at 10:07 AM..
Old 02-23-2022, 10:01 AM   #233
Pete F.
Canceled

Are you suggesting that military strikes should come?
The goal, though I think it’s improbable, is to avoid war if possible.

If Putin expected a West in disarray, it didn't happen. NATO has remained unified & strong & is getting stronger. The EU has been effective. Major EU states are pulling their weight. & the U.S. is not only leading but doing so deftly, showing great respect & deference to allies.

Biden is moving Troops and aircraft in Europe and much more is happening behind the scenes.

I suppose he could be tweeting like TFG.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:04 AM   #234
Jim in CT

Quote:
Biden is moving Troops and aircraft in Europe and much more is happening behind the scenes.

How do you know?
Old 02-23-2022, 10:07 AM   #235
Jim in CT

Quote:
The goal, though I think it’s improbable, is to avoid war if possible.

If Putin expected a West in disarray, it didn't happen. NATO has remained unified & strong & is getting stronger. The EU has been effective. Major EU states are pulling their weight. & the U.S. is not only leading but doing so deftly, showing great respect & deference to allies.

I suppose he could be tweeting like TFG.
"Are you suggesting that military strikes should come?"

No. I don't know what the best thing is for us to do. In my opinion, Ukraine isn't worth sending American kids to die. Reasonable people can disagree on that one I guess, but I wouldn't send one single American kid to die there.

Why did Putin choose not to do this from 2017-2020, but he's doing it now?

It's one more thing that makes Biden look very weak, that Putin obviously thought now was the time to flex his muscles.

Very reminiscent, I'd imagine, of Jimmy Carters presidency. Ridiculous inflation and gas prices, global adversaries feeling very emboldened.

And naturally Harris went over there and humiliated herself.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-23-2022 at 10:12 AM..
Old 02-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #236
Nebe

Just watch. Trump will exit from the shadows around election time and broker a deal to end the conflict… trump will come out looking like a hero and Putin will get his puppet back, get his pipeline approved and it will be back to angry tweets and actions that divide this county above all else.

Just a hunch of course.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:20 AM   #237
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Just watch. Trump will exit from the shadows around election time and broker a deal to end the conflict… trump will come out looking like a hero and Putin will get his puppet back, get his pipeline approved and it will be back to angry tweets and actions that divide this county above all else.

Just a hunch of course.
can we revisit your previous prediction
Old 02-23-2022, 10:23 AM   #238
scottw

Quote:

I didn't get this notion from anything he's written....
Old 02-23-2022, 10:24 AM   #239
Pete F.
Canceled

These people were poisoned by the Kremlin/Putin.
There are many more we don't know about.

Anna Politkovskaya
Alexey Navalny
Nikolai Khokhlov
Georgi Markov
Viktor Yushchenko
Alexander Litvinenko
Sergey Skripal
Mikhail Khodorkovsky
Petr Verzilov

Of course you and Tucker are fine with Putin’s goal of bringing back the Soviet Union created by Stalin, the descendents of the four million Ukrainians Stalin killed don’t want that.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:25 AM   #240
scottw

Quote:

Of course you and Tucker are fine with Putin’s goal of bringing back the Soviet Union created by Stalin, the descendents of the four million Ukrainians Stalin killed don’t want that.

get help pete...you are in serious need