Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-08-2022, 08:40 AM   #1111
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The story of Putin is a little more complicated than this

Former National Security Advisor John Bolton says 'Putin was waiting' for Trump to withdraw the United States from NATO in his second term
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Putin was thrilled Trump was President. Why upset the way Trump was taking things.

"Putin wanted to undermine the NATO alliance, and Trump undermined the NATO alliance. Putin wanted to weaken the E.U., and Trump made little effort to express his disdain for the E.U. Putin wanted to help authoritarians, and Trump cozied up to authoritarians. Putin wanted to hurt Ukraine, and Trump launched an extortion scheme that threatened to hurt Ukraine. Putin wanted to weaken the U.S. political system, and Trump was unnervingly aggressive in trying to weaken the U.S. political system."
Old 03-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #1112
wdmso

Trump: Barr 'Went to the Other Side' on 2020, Fearing Impeachment

Omg will it ever end?
Old 03-08-2022, 09:15 AM   #1113
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump: Barr 'Went to the Other Side' on 2020, Fearing Impeachment

Omg will it ever end?
it will end, when you stop
obsessing 24/7. let’s not pretend you don’t love it.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:04 AM   #1114
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
it will end, when you stop
obsessing 24/7. let’s not pretend you don’t love it.
Ok Iam obsessing , I didn’t say this Trump did you know the guy you’re willing to vote for LOL
Old 03-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #1115
scottw

Quote:

Ok Iam obsessing , I didn’t say this Trump did you know the guy you’re willing to vote for LOL

Old 03-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #1116
Jim in CT

Quote:
how many posts do you make a week, about the former president? answer that, then tell me if you’re obsessive about him.

that’s also some quality gibberish there.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:52 PM   #1117
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
how many posts do you make a week, about the former president? answer that, then tell me if you’re obsessive about him.

that’s also some quality gibberish there.
Wonder how many times Trump's greatest defender has posted about him in this thread alone?

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...archid=8245218

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-08-2022, 04:15 PM   #1118
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wonder how many times Trump's greatest defender has posted about him in this thread alone?

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...archid=8245218
I’m his most honest critic. My disdain for him is genuine,not based purely on politics.

I cannot stand him and hope he goes away forever.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:56 PM   #1119
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I’m his most honest critic. My disdain for him is genuine,not based purely on politics.

I cannot stand him and hope he goes away forever.
Sure Jan

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-08-2022, 08:31 PM   #1120
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sure Jan
you’ve never criticized a democrat or complimented a conservative. not once.

if you think i’m a rabid
trump fan, that’s your problem.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:04 PM   #1121
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

if you think i’m a rabid
trump fan, that’s your problem.
Silly boy, that’s not my objective

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-08-2022, 10:39 PM   #1122
detbuch

Quote:
Jim, Pete is a Neo-Marxist Critical Theorist. He has openly stated that conservatism always leads to oppression and liberalism always leads to liberation.

When you point out that he never criticized a Democrat or complimented a Conservative, he admits "that’s not my objective."

He is on a Neo-Marxian mission. That's why he supports Critical Race Theory. Or Critical Theory in general.

If you have the slightest expectation that he will have a rational conversation with you in which he can recognize what you consider some tolerance or approval of any Conservative opinion whatsoever, you don't understand what he is about.

For him, THERE CAN BE NO TOLERANCE for any Conservative opinion. Any such opinion to him would by like garlic or a cross to a vampire.

His objective is the total eradication of "Conservatism." By any means necessary.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:14 AM   #1123
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Jim, Pete is a Neo-Marxist Critical Theorist. He has openly stated that conservatism always leads to oppression and liberalism always leads to liberation.

When you point out that he never criticized a Democrat or complimented a Conservative, he admits "that’s not my objective."

He is on a Neo-Marxian mission. That's why he supports Critical Race Theory. Or Critical Theory in general.

If you have the slightest expectation that he will have a rational conversation with you in which he can recognize what you consider some tolerance or approval of any Conservative opinion whatsoever, you don't understand what he is about.

For him, THERE CAN BE NO TOLERANCE for any Conservative opinion. Any such opinion to him would by like garlic or a cross to a vampire.

His objective is the total eradication of "Conservatism." By any means necessary.
i agree with you 100%. i’m not sure anything them are capable of criticizing their own side, or complimenting the other side. difficult to have a worthwhile conversation. probably not worth trying.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:28 PM   #1124
wdmso

Quote:

Neo-Marxism
Never as horrific as the right-wing propagandists claim,

And calling you a right-wing propagandists fits you like a glove
Old 03-09-2022, 01:03 PM   #1125
Pete F.
Canceled

Both the rabid Trump fans have yet to realize they are actually his victims
Senate Republicans, including Ron Johnson and Marco Rubio, are now praising Rick Scott’s 2022 GOP platform that calls for raising taxes on “over half of Americans,” including seniors.

This all makes sense when you recognize that the supposedly conservative GOP believes that if you're rich you deserve to be rich, and if you're poor, you deserve to be poor.

To tax the rich is to deprive them of what they deserve, and to tax the poor is to give them what they deserve.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:40 PM   #1126
Jim in CT

Quote:
GOP believes that if you're rich you deserve to be rich, and if you're poor, you deserve to be poor.

To tax the rich is to deprive them of what they deserve, and to tax the poor is to give them what they deserve.
"GOP believes that if you're rich you deserve to be rich"

True enough, I guess.

"if you're poor, you deserve to be poor."

Said no influential conservative, ever. I think policy results make it pretty clear that liberals are the ones who want a permanent underclass.

"To tax the rich is to deprive them of what they deserve, and to tax the poor is to give them what they deserve."

Again, no one thinks that.

Why did Trump double the standard deduction, which INCREASES the number of poor people who pay no federal income tax? Please explain why anyone would do that, if their goal was to stick it to the poor?

Just keep making up nonsense.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:41 PM   #1127
Jim in CT

Quote:
Neo-Marxism
Look what it did to you guys. I'd say pretty horrific.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:57 PM   #1128
detbuch

Quote:
Neo-Marxism

Where in my post to which you responded did I say it was horrific? Do you know that the notion that "conservatism" always leads to oppression and "liberalism" leads to liberation, and so expression from the "right" ("conservative) should be suppressed, not tolerated, is a tenet found in one of one of Marcuse's most important works, "Repressive Tolerance." Marcuse is recognized as a prominent Neo-Marxist, as in the Wikepedia subject entry Neo-Marxism: "Many prominent neo-Marxists, such as Herbert Marcuse and other members of the Frankfurt School".

Marcuse's tenet is practiced by current leftist or left leaning groups such as ANTIFA, cancel culturalists, social media orgs, major internet opinion and communication outlets, even to some degree by print or TV media.

Censorship of the right and support of leftist expression (including even the support of leftist riots, but censures of the riots by the right this past year) that is occurring now is "horrific" to many, but not to Pete F, nor, it seems, to you and some others on the forum. That's up to you. I'm merely pointing it out. Pete's own words on this forum have specifically supported Marcuse's tenet. And his refusal to give any credit or support of "conservative" expression is demonstrable "praxis" (practice) of Marcuse's Repressive Tolerance, as well as a praxis of Critical Race Theory.

And calling you a right-wing propagandists fits you like a glove
I've told the truth. If you consider that to be right-wing propaganda, then you may inadvertently be practicing Repressive Tolerance.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:22 PM   #1129
wdmso

Quote:
I've told the truth. If you consider that to be right-wing propaganda, then you may inadvertently be practicing Repressive Tolerance.

I've told the truth.

And calling you right-wing propagandists

Guess what I've told the truth
Old 03-09-2022, 05:54 PM   #1130
detbuch

Quote:

I've told the truth.

And calling you right-wing propagandists

Guess what I've told the truth
Are you saying that Pete doesn't vigorously defend and support Critical Race Theory and doesn't try to persuade us to see and agree with its view of America being a racist system designed by white supremacists for the sole purpose of granting privilege to whites at the expense of those who are not white? And that the system cannot be incrementally improved, that the legal equality created by all the civil rights initiatives have actually further entrenched white privilege rather than liberating non-whites, and so must be torn down at its roots and replaced by an equitable system created by critically race conscious theorists and governed by the same sort? Are you saying CRT is not a neo-Marxian theory derived from neo-Marxist Critical Theory?

Are you saying that Pete F does not believe that "conservatism" inevitably leads to oppression and its ideas must be suppressed, not tolerated or even granted space in political and social discourse in public, political, and media spaces?

Are you saying that Pete is not on a mission to rid us of the classical liberal idea of individual sovereignty that we were founded on and replace it with the Progressive notion of universal equity created and enforced by authoritarian government that has unlimited power to give us what we need and that notions like individual liberty are outdated and are an obstacle to the Good that powerful centralized government can do for us?
Old 03-09-2022, 07:44 PM   #1131
Pete F.
Canceled

I see the poor victims are crying again.
Interesting how the victims consistently defend the man who numerous times tried to subvert the American electoral system and didn’t care where he got aid in doing so from.
He was just kidding
Old 03-09-2022, 09:21 PM   #1132
detbuch

Quote:
Interesting how the victims consistently defend the man who numerous times tried to subvert the American electoral system and didn’t care where he got aid in doing so from.
He was just kidding
Poor baby! You see! (Through a glass darkly). . . And you spout! Yet your wonderful distortions are not able to prevail on so many of the poor that they are truly victims of your marvelously crafted nightmare . . . but you valiantly continue to preach! Oh! . . . will they not listen!

How tragic . . .

Last edited by detbuch; 03-09-2022 at 09:32 PM..
Old 03-10-2022, 05:18 AM   #1133
Pete F.
Canceled

Trumplicans always project

"Mark Meadows, who as chief of staff to President Donald Trump promoted his lies of mass voter fraud, is facing scrutiny about his own voter registration status. Public records show he is registered to vote in two states."

January 2017: “I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states…”
Old 03-10-2022, 06:14 AM   #1134
Jim in CT

Quote:
He was just kidding
how is that different from 2016, when democrats also tried to subvert the electoral
system, by (1) asking electors not to cast their ballots for the winning candidate, and the.n (2) congress challenging the certification of election results in some states with zero evidence of wrongdoing, and (3) undermining confidence in our elections by saying “the russians did it”?

Answer - it’s always ok when democrats do it.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:21 AM   #1135
Pete F.
Canceled

The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday released the final report on its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, finding numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow posed a "grave" counterintelligence threat.

"We found irrefutable evidence of Russian meddling," Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., acting chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a statement, directly refuting President Donald Trump's repeated assertions that Russian interference was a "hoax" perpetrated by Democrats.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:27 AM   #1136
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday released the final report on its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, finding numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow posed a "grave" counterintelligence threat.

"We found irrefutable evidence of Russian meddling," Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., acting chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a statement, directly refuting President Donald Trump's repeated assertions that Russian interference was a "hoax" perpetrated by Democrats.
Pete, how about we be clear? are you saying trump didn’t win fairly?

And i know how much that question boxes you into a corner.

I have no doubt there was meddling. just like i have no doubt dead people voted in chicago. the question is, did it effect the outcome?
Old 03-10-2022, 08:11 AM   #1137
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, how about we be clear? are you saying trump didn’t win fairly?

And i know how much that question boxes you into a corner.

I have no doubt there was meddling. just like i have no doubt dead people voted in chicago. the question is, did it effect the outcome?
I have no problem with that question
Trump had and encouraged aid from his Russian good friends.

What did Manafort do?
Why was he pardoned?
What are Manaforts connections to Russia and Ukraine?
Why did the Trump campaign push and succeed in removing Ukraine from the 2016 Republican platform?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #1138
Jim in CT

Quote:
I have no problem with that question

What did Manafort do?
Why was he pardoned?
What are Manaforts connections to Russia and Ukraine?
Why did the Trump campaign push and succeed in removing Ukraine from the 2016 Republican platform?
if you have no problem with that question, why didn’t you answer it?

I’ll ask again…

Did Trump win fairly?
Old 03-10-2022, 08:19 AM   #1139
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if you have no problem with that question, why didn’t you answer it?

I’ll ask again…

Did Trump win fairly?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-10-2022, 08:30 AM   #1140
Jim in CT

Quote:
Can't answer! Shocker!