Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2022, 01:57 PM   #1
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we have term limits for potus, and desperately need them
for congress. couldn’t agree more. no argument against it.
maybe he doesn't know we already have term limits for potus...it was an odd ramble
Old 11-01-2022, 02:04 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
we have term limits for potus, and desperately need them
for congress. couldn’t agree more. no argument against it.
I don’t think I’ve ever met a single person that thinks we don’t need them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-01-2022, 01:42 PM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
there is absolutely no way that you thought this up and wrote it on your own
Of course not . Silly Rabbit! do you ask everyone who tells a joke if they wrote it?

Lol.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:53 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Of course not . Silly Rabbit! do you ask everyone who tells a joke if they wrote it?

Lol.
so it was a joke?
Old 11-03-2022, 12:05 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

All of the current Republican vs. Republican attacks and finger pointing today tells you they are getting those last tracking polls in and see there is no “red wave” at all.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
All of the current Republican vs. Republican attacks and finger pointing today tells you they are getting those last tracking polls in and see there is no “red wave” at all.
Has Desantis conceded yet?
Old 11-03-2022, 12:42 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:

it's only a few more days to find out
Old 11-03-2022, 06:47 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

I see we have the Proud Boys for Ron DeSantis.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:58 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
I see we have the Proud Boys for Ron DeSantis.
Who does Antifa support? Harvey Weinstein? Or are only Republicans judged by the worst people who vote for them?

In CT-5 house district, a guy I know named George Logan is running, a black republican, very successful engineer, son of Guatemalan immigrants, first one in his family to ever even see a college let alone go to one.

The CT democrats compared him to the monkey Curious George in an attack ad. Saying "This is George. George wants to run for Congress...."

Very subtle.
Old 11-04-2022, 03:43 AM   #10
scottw

I hope the democraps continue to vomit this stupidity....

The Washington Post
Isaac Stanley-Becker-Yesterday

Obama says democracy ‘may not survive’ in Arizona if Republicans win, “That’s not an exaggeration,” he added. “That is a fact.”
Old 11-04-2022, 04:05 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
I hope the democraps continue to vomit this stupidity....

The Washington Post
Isaac Stanley-Becker-Yesterday

Obama says democracy ‘may not survive’ in Arizona if Republicans win, “That’s not an exaggeration,” he added. “That is a fact.”
Yes sir, nothing says “democracy is dead” quite like the citizens showing up to vote in free elections, and they themselves choosing who represents them. What could be less a democratic?
Old 11-04-2022, 07:27 AM   #12
Nebe

Quote:
Yes sir, nothing says “democracy is dead” quite like the citizens showing up to vote in free elections, and they themselves choosing who represents them. What could be less a democratic?
When a bunch of fascists vote and win, is it not still fascism? Or is it democracy ?
Old 11-04-2022, 07:53 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Who does Antifa support? Harvey Weinstein? Or are only Republicans judged by the worst people who vote for them?

In CT-5 house district, a guy I know named George Logan is running, a black republican, very successful engineer, son of Guatemalan immigrants, first one in his family to ever even see a college let alone go to one.

The CT democrats compared him to the monkey Curious George in an attack ad. Saying "This is George. George wants to run for Congress...."

Very subtle.
We already know that you are pro fascist.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2022, 08:04 AM   #14
scottw

probably gonna need some additional funding for safe spaces.....
Old 11-04-2022, 08:21 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
probably gonna need some additional funding for safe spaces.....
It could never happen here

German Jews in 1933 had a hard time coming to grips with the horrors that were going to be unleashed on them; Germany was one of the most advanced and liberal counties in the world at the time. Especially Berlin, which was considered the “city of the world.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2022, 08:29 AM   #16
wdmso

Mussolini supporters march in Italy while Meloni minister shuts down rave

Coming to a state near! you but not in Black but red hats . Via election denial governance
Old 11-04-2022, 08:40 AM   #17
scottw

whole new levels of unhinged loon leftists....goodness!
Old 11-04-2022, 08:49 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
whole new levels of unhinged loon leftists....goodness!
Seems your exceptionally bothered
Over The idea that those you support are not the patriots you may believe them to be.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:54 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Seems your exceptionally bothered
Over The idea that those you support are not the patriots you may believe them to be.
it's amazing how you constantly and so confidently create compete fiction between your ears....
Old 11-04-2022, 02:11 PM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
it's amazing how you constantly and so confidently create compete fiction between your ears....
Again you say absolutely nothing

Just the response I expected
Old 11-04-2022, 08:45 AM   #21
wdmso

Jim doesn’t post the Tweet

The full tweet, which has since been taken down, read: “This is George. George doesn’t live in the 5th District but wants to represent it in Congress. George’s uncle lives in the 5th District. George says he’s moved into his uncle’s house. But has he? Just run where you live, George. Deceiving voters is no way to start a campaign.”

His name is George Jim .

And I didn’t the word curious used

It’s amazing watching you declare Republicans tweets as hyperbole or misinterpreted

And how you process Democrats Tweets . As always 100% serious with made up intent you adopted from the internet lol. This form is littered with examples. Remember the 5gal gas lie!! For you it couldn’t have been miss spoken.. from the guy you all claimed have dementia

And I doubt Republicans read curious George I am surprised you know who he is.

What about not living in the District isn’t that a valid question
Old 11-05-2022, 01:48 PM   #22
wdmso

Republicans sued to restrict this drop box. Meet the voters using it.

ALLENTOWN, Pa. — In the political battleground of Lehigh County, a legal group linked to Donald Trump sued to slash the hours of the only around-the-clock ballot drop box, arguing someone could stuff it with fake votes. Vigilantes pledged online to protect it. Election clerks received anonymous letters: “STOP THE ELECTION FRAUD.”

Guess what they found

But on this November evening, there are no citizen guards or sneaky fraudsters at the Lehigh County Government Center ballot drop box, just a janitor wiping the glass windows. Leaves skittering across the sidewalk. A husky sniffing grass.

Republicans hard at work crying wolf.

Just another example of the party of No standards . And completely void of honesty
Old 11-05-2022, 04:16 PM   #23
wdmso

Wisconsin GOP Sen. Ron Johnson was asked a simple question on the campaign trail this week: Would he commit to accepting the results of next week's midterm elections?

His answer was anything but simple.

"I sure hope I can, but I can't predict what the Democrats might have planned,"

Yep both sides ya right
Old 11-05-2022, 04:28 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wisconsin GOP Sen. Ron Johnson was asked a simple question on the campaign trail this week: Would he commit to accepting the results of next week's midterm elections?

His answer was anything but simple.

"I sure hope I can, but I can't predict what the Democrats might have planned,"

Yep both sides ya right
Stacey Abrams says GA makes it harder for democrats to vote.

Yeah, both sides.

Make that wrong.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/stacey...er-suppression
Old 11-06-2022, 08:21 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
Stacey Abrams says GA makes it harder for democrats to vote.

Make that wrong.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/
stacey-abrams-if voters-can-navigate-gov-kemps-voter-suppression

You know Jim the laws passed after trump lost If you ever read outside of fox you might see the truth

Under the state’s new Election Integrity Act, Georgia citizens can challenge a voter’s eligibility on the state’s voting rolls an unlimited number of times. Right-wing groups, spurred by baseless claims that the 2020 election was rife with voter fraud, have mounted thousands of organized challenges across the state, putting even

Republicans use Georgia election law to try to cancel registrations

Poll workers inform voters they had been canceled or contested

following the 2020 presidential election as the right-wing voter watchdog group True the Vote teamed up with the Georgia Republican Party on a campaign that cast into doubt the eligibility of more than 360,000 voters from across the state.

That’s what voter suppression look like Jim Fox won’t run these stories

Jim your heads so deep in the sand you are unable to see the 200 republicans actually are doing what you claim 1 democrat did

And no both sides don’t do it

Stop being a cheerleader for bad behavior

Last edited by wdmso; 11-06-2022 at 08:36 AM..
Old 11-06-2022, 08:43 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
stacey-abrams-if voters-can-navigate-gov-kemps-voter-suppression

You know Jim the laws passed after trump lost If you ever read outside of fox you might see the truth

Under the state’s new Election Integrity Act, Georgia citizens can challenge a voter’s eligibility on the state’s voting rolls an unlimited number of times. Right-wing groups, spurred by baseless claims that the 2020 election was rife with voter fraud, have mounted thousands of organized challenges across the state, putting even

Republicans use Georgia election law to try to cancel registrations

Poll workers inform voters they had been canceled or contested

following the 2020 presidential election as the right-wing voter watchdog group True the Vote teamed up with the Georgia Republican Party on a campaign that cast into doubt the eligibility of more than 360,000 voters from across the state.

That’s what voter suppression look like Jim Fox won’t run these stories

Jim your heads so deep in the sand you are unable to see the 200 republicans actually are doing what you claim 1 democrat did

And no both sides don’t do it

Stop being a cheerleader for bad behavior
every november, GA sets records for voter turnout. black turnout is especially high.

“no both sides don’t do it.”

last year courts threw out NY’s redrawn district likes, saying it was illegal gerrymandering. Here in CT, in 2 consecutive gubernatorial elections, democrats in bridgeport and hartford claimed they ran out of ballots ( who knew you needed ballots on election day?), and kept polls open later than originally scheduled, just in those cities, which coincidentally are 99% democrats. in the red districts, enough ballots were sent that polls closed at 8 pm.

and the new black panthers hanging outside a voting place holding clubs. That wasn’t voter intimidation.

And here in CT they recently re-drew the northwest district, the only somewhat purple district in the state, to include enough of waterbury to make it reliably blue

yup. only the right does it.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:56 AM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
every november, GA sets records for voter turnout. black turnout is especially high.

“no both sides don’t do it.”

last year courts threw out NY’s redrawn district likes, saying it was illegal gerrymandering. Here in CT, in 2 consecutive gubernatorial elections, democrats in bridgeport and hartford claimed they ran out of ballots ( who knew you needed ballots on election day?), and kept polls open later than originally scheduled, just in those cities, which coincidentally are 99% democrats. in the red districts, enough ballots were sent that polls closed at 8 pm.

and the new black panthers hanging outside a voting place holding clubs. That wasn’t voter intimidation.

And here in CT they recently re-drew the northwest district, the only somewhat purple district in the state, to include enough of waterbury to make it reliably blue

yup. only the right does it.
Jim stop changing the subject gerrymandering is another area Republicans like to cheat on a scale not seen on the democrats side

Setting records doesn’t equal easier to vote. Just more. People are voting

How do you justify Republican Party on a campaign that cast into doubt the eligibility of more than 360,000 voters from across the state.

360,000 voters if that’s not organized suppression of democrats
Voters. I doubt they challenge republicans voters!

What would you call it?

Election integrity?
Old 11-06-2022, 08:36 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Straightforward from here:

1. Rs take House narrowly, Ds hold Senate and key governors.

2. D Senate lets Biden govern.

3. R House good politically for Ds (cf. 1994, 2010).

4. Trump runs, wins nomination.

5. Biden doesn't run, next gen D ticket (e.g. Buttigieg-Whitmer) for the win ✌🏼
Old 11-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #29
wdmso

US midterms: The conspiracy theorists running to control 2024 vote

A coalition of candidates who have falsely claimed the last US election was stolen is running for office - this time in a bid to control the 2024 vote in key swing states. The group's founders also have deep connections to another conspiracy theory, QAnon.
When Donald Trump called him up onto the stage at a rally in Nevada last month, Jim Marchant seized the opportunity to hammer home his campaign message.
"We have something in common," he told the raucous crowd, with the former president standing beside him. "President Trump and I both lost an election in 2020 because of a rigged election."
While both men continue to spread false theories about their past defeats - the Nevada businessman lost his race for Congress - Mr Marchant also made clear he's looking to the future.
"When my coalition of secretary of state candidates around the country get elected we're going to fix the whole country and President Trump is going to be president again in 2024," he declared.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63490938

Jim only you would suggest a serial killer and and a murdered who killed 1 person . Are the same
Old 11-06-2022, 11:06 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
US midterms: The conspiracy theorists running to control 2024 vote

A coalition of candidates who have falsely claimed the last US election was stolen is running for office - this time in a bid to control the 2024 vote in key swing states. The group's founders also have deep connections to another conspiracy theory, QAnon.
When Donald Trump called him up onto the stage at a rally in Nevada last month, Jim Marchant seized the opportunity to hammer home his campaign message.
"We have something in common," he told the raucous crowd, with the former president standing beside him. "President Trump and I both lost an election in 2020 because of a rigged election."
While both men continue to spread false theories about their past defeats - the Nevada businessman lost his race for Congress - Mr Marchant also made clear he's looking to the future.
"When my coalition of secretary of state candidates around the country get elected we're going to fix the whole country and President Trump is going to be president again in 2024," he declared.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63490938

Jim only you would suggest a serial killer and and a murdered who killed 1 person . Are the same
so your side has cheated a total of
one time? is that what youre saying?