Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #31
spence

Since when does believing in a conspiracy make you a liberal?

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #32
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence

-spence
It's mostly the extreme left that hold these types of 9/11 views. I'm talking way to left of the moveon.org crowd! Granted its a VERY small minority who think this way but yes these people would fall into the liberal catagory politically. Do most liberals think about 9/11 this way? of course not. Even i would'nt say that.
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #33
Skitterpop

Some interesting and convoluted information

tried to watch it all... maybe later

Are they saying that some of the planes didn`t crash into buildings? If so where are the citizens who were on these planes... I know relatively closely some who perished or family and friends.

my oh my.... I`m getting a headache

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #34
stripersnipr

Help! The paranoids are after me.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #35
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indanite
tried to watch it all... maybe later

Are they saying that some of the planes didn`t crash into buildings? If so where are the citizens who were on these planes... I know relatively closely some who perished or family and friends.

my oh my.... I`m getting a headache
Oh but i'm sure Seabass has a good answer for that question. He prob thinks Bush hired those Al Queda guys to carry out W's murderous mission...
Old 03-25-2006, 03:48 PM   #36
Skitterpop

Ok Skip

I have finally seen the light. Please come over for dinner tonight and bring some extra ammo. After some sheperds pie and buds we`ll go out and shoot some leftys.

Feels good,
Spence

hope this is funny and does`nt upset either of you

Good health and family
Old 03-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #37
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N
It's mostly the extreme left that hold these types of 9/11 views. I'm talking way to left of the moveon.org crowd! Granted its a VERY small minority who think this way but yes these people would fall into the liberal catagory politically. Do most liberals think about 9/11 this way? of course not. Even i would'nt say that.
Skippy, wrong...it's the anti-government folks who champion this stuff. It has nothing to do with liberalisim...you're just listening to too much talk radio.

Indanite, I have a great sense of humor. That being said you had better be watching your back, one wrong step and I'll issue a fashion citation on the spot.

-spence
Old 03-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #38
Skip N

Quote:
I have finally seen the light. Please come over for dinner tonight and bring some extra ammo. After some sheperds pie and buds we`ll go out and shoot some leftys.

Feels good,
Spence

hope this is funny and does`nt upset either of you

Nah, the only ammo i need to defeat the left is facts that prove them wrong
Old 03-25-2006, 04:31 PM   #39
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N
Nah, the only ammo i need to defeat the left is facts that prove them wrong
Please let us know when you find some.

-spence
Old 03-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #40
Skip N

Quote:
Please let us know when you find some.

-spence
They're in the mail, you'll get 'em soon
Old 03-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #41
Skitterpop

Question Sometimes

You two guys make my visit to this site

Spence were you or are you a chef...or did you have training in the field?
What do you do for a living or are you a trust funder?

Skip...what do you do for a living?

no answers are acceptable

Good health and family
Old 03-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #42
spence

Quote:
Spence were you or are you a chef...or did you have training in the field?
What do you do for a living or are you a trust funder?
Trust funder...nice No...I'm an enterprise software business consultant.

I'm also a very serious home cook. What this means is that I can give you the meal of your life, but only for about 6-8 people at a time and with no cost or time pressure
Quote:
Skip...what do you do for a living?
I think Skip's a professional redneck

-spence
Old 03-25-2006, 08:54 PM   #43
Saltheart

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see...................But never stop looking and listening!!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:31 AM   #44
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

-spence

The Same logic that states that if you're President then you must be intelligent.....you can see where this is going

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 03-26-2006 at 09:50 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:31 AM   #45
seabass
umm,the juicy sweets!!!!!

After a good nights sleep, and a visit from two men from Langly, I agree with Skip, what ever the government reports is the correct news.Politicians never lie, especialy not Republicans. Thanks for helping me see the light...............this kool aid really tastes great.

Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
seabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:47 AM   #46
Nebe

the same goverment that sterilized thousands of poor black women in mississippi a few decades ago so they wouldnt reproduce anymore... the same goverment who allowed drugs to be smuggled through our borders, the same goverment who lied about its ship being fires upon first to start the vietnam war.... etc. etc.

no lies here... nope. carry on.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:56 AM   #47
Raven

Talking come on Nebe

the Government doesnt lie.....

thats a myth.....

there is NO "Area 51...."
pfffffffff
it's all in your imagination.....

there's no ufo's .....those are weather baloons you dummy...
oh wait....no,....it was the planet venus
you just "thought".... it was moving....
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:52 AM   #48
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass
After a good nights sleep, and a visit from two men from Langly, I agree with Skip, what ever the government reports is the correct news.Politicians never lie, especialy not Republicans. Thanks for helping me see the light...............this kool aid really tastes great.
WTF are you talking about? Will you go on record and state that Bush ordered the attacks on 9/11 and they have been lying about it ever since? You are so dodging the issue we'ver been talking about in this thread by making a general statement how polititions have never lied in the past. Lets stick to the 9/11 issue Seabass....Do you believe the President Bush ordered the attacks to murder 3000 Americans on 9/11 and has been lying about it ever since??

Last edited by Skip N; 03-26-2006 at 12:13 PM..
Old 03-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #49
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe
the same goverment that sterilized thousands of poor black women in mississippi a few decades ago so they wouldnt reproduce anymore... the same goverment who allowed drugs to be smuggled through our borders, the same goverment who lied about its ship being fires upon first to start the vietnam war.... etc. etc.

no lies here... nope. carry on.
you too Nebe, Just like Seabass you are dodging the issue in this thread. Will you also go on record and say that Bush planned and ordered 9/11 like seasbass believes? And he's been lying about it ever since?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #50
Nebe

I definately would not say he ordered it, but i would say that he may have known it was going to happen. If not him, definately someone close to him. Remember, it is rumored that we knew about pearl harbor, and let it happen so we could enter WWII and apease the isolationists here at home.

I really dont care if they knew about 9/11 or not.. its old news. the reality NOW is that the current administration is doing a HORRIBLE job.

30 grand per person to get out of his debt.....End of story.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #51
stripersnipr

Quote:
I definately would not say he ordered it, but i would say that he may have known it was going to happen. If not him, definately someone close to him. Remember, it is rumored that we knew about pearl harbor, and let it happen so we could enter WWII and apease the isolationists here at home.

I really dont care if they knew about 9/11 or not.. its old news. the reality NOW is that the current administration is doing a HORRIBLE job.

30 grand per person to get out of his debt.....End of story.
Yeah and so did the last one and the one before that so on and so on. The reality is we have about the highest standard of living in the history of mankind. Appreciate it. You think this the first time our country has operated in deficit mode? Tell us exactly how your quality of life is effected by this 30k debt you have assumed ownership of. Has it changed your living standards from the time when you didnt owe the $30k? Tell us about the freedom you had six years ago and dont have now. Those dirty Republicans are stealing your civil rights aren't they?
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:05 PM   #52
Nebe

do you have credit cards???? ever max them out?? there will come a time when we will have to pay for this spendign spree our goverment has gone on. That will mean higher taxes at some point.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #53
sok
North Shore Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_King
Let's hear back from the OP.Or is like a typical arsonist.Light the fire and then watch it burn
I think the word is "troll"
sok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #54
Newboater

Didn't have time to watch all the 'stuff' I stopped when the commentator said 'In 1945 a B-52 crashed into the Empire State Building'. B52 went operational in 1954. Guess that part was a working model?
Sarge

The Ole Sarge
RC&SU (Rude Crude & Socially Unacceptable)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
Newboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #55
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Ah, yes, the old "east wind, rain" smoking gun that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor.

It doesn't fly because it rests on faulty assumptions. One, that FDR knew more about how the war would play out than his top admirals, and knew that aircraft carriers would be the strategic key to victory, and not battleships. That's why he ordered the carriers to sea but kept the battlewagons in port as sacrificial lambs, according to the conspiracy theorists. Except that King, and even Yamamoto who ordered the attack, still believed in the supremacy of the battleship.

Two, that he knew that Pearl was THE objective of the attack, and that the japanese had the ability to pull it off. They knew the Japanese were up to something, but went with the natural assumption that it would come in the Philippines.

Most importantly, what FDR really wanted was an excuse to get into it with Germany in Europe. Even in the days following Pearl, there was very little support for getting into it with the Nazis in the US. Then, Hitler did the unthinkable by actually honoring a treaty, and declaring war on us after we declared war on Japan. You'd have to believe that FDR knew ahead of time that Hitler was going to honor the only treaty he ever did--against the advice of most of his top commanders, by the way.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #56
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P
Ah, yes, the old "east wind, rain" smoking gun that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor.

It doesn't fly because it rests on faulty assumptions. One, that FDR knew more about how the war would play out than his top admirals, and knew that aircraft carriers would be the strategic key to victory, and not battleships. That's why he ordered the carriers to sea but kept the battlewagons in port as sacrificial lambs, according to the conspiracy theorists. Except that King, and even Yamamoto who ordered the attack, still believed in the supremacy of the battleship.

Two, that he knew that Pearl was THE objective of the attack, and that the japanese had the ability to pull it off. They knew the Japanese were up to something, but went with the natural assumption that it would come in the Philippines.

Most importantly, what FDR really wanted was an excuse to get into it with Germany in Europe. Even in the days following Pearl, there was very little support for getting into it with the Nazis in the US. Then, Hitler did the unthinkable by actually honoring a treaty, and declaring war on us after we declared war on Japan. You'd have to believe that FDR knew ahead of time that Hitler was going to honor the only treaty he ever did--against the advice of most of his top commanders, by the way.

My grand-father-in-law was secretary of war Under FDR. Trust me on this...... They knew.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #57
Raven

it was

their ticket to ride.....

but i sense a JEDI mind trick
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:40 PM   #58
PI guy

I can't wait for the fish to show up!!!!!!!Anyone?!!?

Beer is the reason we get up each afternoon.
PI guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #59
spence

Quote:
My grand-father-in-law was secretary of war Under FDR. Trust me on this...... They knew.
George Dern?

-spence
Old 03-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #60
Nebe

harry woodring.. Also former govenor of kansas. He was fdr's right hand man when he was elected pres, and when the war broke out in europe, they did not see eye to eye about going to war if we were not attacked. ( he was anisolationist) FDR replaced him before pearl harbor, but they were still very close for many many years.