Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

The problem

The # 1 problem is the driver of course, but the underlying cause is that thier is no enforcement of the traffic laws. I ran into a dear friend of mine about 8 months ago and he was telling me, after I asked what he's been up to, that he was doing a survey of area police departments ticket writing numbers. This guy is a Lt. on an area pd. He told me that the numbers are down 60 % to 80 %. The excuse the guys are using is the economy. That to me is the biggest BS story I ever heard. It is pure laziness. When the economy improves does anyone really think these people are going to get of the azzes and write citations, I think not. Everyone complains about route 24 being dangerous. But when is the last time anyone saw a trooper stopping a vehicle for a violation? Same goes for the locals. It is difficult to find a cruiser on patrol, which means they are hanging around the station. Listen to your scanners. You might hear the police at a crash, but you never hear the cruisers dispatched to the crash, because they are at the station, and no intiial dispatch to the crash occurred.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
He told me that the numbers are down 60 % to 80 %.
I guess I haven't been imagining it then.

Newport and Middletown could possibly pull themselves out of their economic holes with a little enforcement along 1st Beach.

A dozen worth of 45 in a 25 tickets each day with minimal effort would in no way be an exaggeration, more they spent some time there. Not bad money at the end of the year.

I'm FAR from pro-speed trapping, but a little roughing up of gross violators is in order around here.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote