Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-05-2022, 03:14 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Answering for myself; I do not agree with any of those being characterized as peaceful. They were there for a confrontation. Portland is perfect example. Violence is violence. Less violence does not earn an event the peaceful description. Half wrong? Kinda pregnant? Just doesn't fly.
Jim loves to take the far left media talking points and suggest those are our views.

Ps: I’m sure many weren’t happy to listen to the AG’s speech today, it’s far from over and those mostly peaceful individuals involved behind the scenes might be nervous.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 01-05-2022 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim loves to take the far left media talking points and suggest those are our views.

Ps: I’m sure many weren’t happy to listen to the AG’s speech today, it’s far from over and those mostly peaceful individuals involved behind the scenes might be nervous.
is CNN far left?

let me ask you point blank. which was more violent, the blm riots of 2020 or january 6? if you say january 6, on what basis ( deaths, hospitalizations, property damage $) would you say january 6?

have fun.

it’s not just the fringe left that does what you’re claiming i cling to. 99% of the left does it.

AOC mocks FL for dangerously managing covid, then is seen partying maskless at a FL bar. When conservatives call out the hypocrisy ( because no one on the left would dare do it). she says people dislike her because she’s got and we can’t have her.

zero criticism from the left.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-05-2022, 03:30 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
is CNN far left?

let me ask you point blank. which was more violent, the blm riots of 2020 or january 6? if you say january 6, on what basis ( deaths, hospitalizations, property damage $) would you say january 6?

have fun.

it’s not just the fringe left that does what you’re claiming i cling to. 99% of the left does it.

AOC mocks FL for dangerously managing covid, then is seen partying maskless at a FL bar. When conservatives call out the hypocrisy ( because no one on the left would dare do it). she says people dislike her because she’s got and we can’t have her.

zero criticism from the left.
Jim is AOC or CNN debating January 6th with you on this board, don’t lump all democrats or independents who voted Biden into your narrative. January 6th is far and away worse than any BLM protest gone bad, but I know you will never admit it was.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim is AOC or CNN debating January 6th with you on this board, don’t lump all democrats or independents who voted Biden into your narrative. January 6th is far and away worse than any BLM protest gone bad, but I know you will never admit it was.
i’d admit january 6 was worse, if there was any possible rational reason to conclude that. the summer riots caused way more deaths, way more property damage. so i guess you don’t use the amount of violence or property damage to compare riots. those seem like pretty obvious metrics to use. not to you though.

“is AOC debating you”

oh. so you’re saying i should
only bring up people who are here debating. the lefties here never bring up trump? is he here debating? or is it only wrongheaded when i point to politicians who aren’t posting here?

you dodged the issue of AOC, because like every other liberal here, you’re incapable of just admitting she was a little
hypocritical to party in FL and very stupid to sexualize all criticism of her. you just can’t do it.

the AG heading up the january 6 investigation worked with teachers unions to flag concerned parents as domestic terrorists if they did things like make the nazi salute. so why wouldn’t we all have great confidence.

my deepest hope is that trump not run again, so i hope they get the goods on him.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:16 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
i’d admit january 6 was worse, if there was any possible rational reason to conclude that. the summer riots caused way more deaths, way more property damage. so i guess you don’t use the amount of violence or property damage to compare riots. those seem like pretty obvious metrics to use. not to you though.
It's a stupid comparison.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:31 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That's what you say about every single comparison or discussion that makes the left look bad.

Question for you, what do you think of AOC? She criticizes Florida for being too lenient regarding covid, then shes seen drinking there without a mask, then when she's criticized for hypocrisy, she says her critics are deranged with frustration at not being able to be intimate with her.

What's your opinion of that behavior?
Old 01-05-2022, 05:07 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
That's what you say about every single comparison or discussion that makes the left look bad.

Question for you, what do you think of AOC? She criticizes Florida for being too lenient regarding covid, then shes seen drinking there without a mask, then when she's criticized for hypocrisy, she says her critics are deranged with frustration at not being able to be intimate with her.

What's your opinion of that behavior?
The comments by her critic, Owens, got weird about boyfriend's feet and choice of footwear, after having been on point about her actions in Fla. contradicting her stands back home/at work.
As for her reply? It was sophomoric. But it is a stretch to infer she said that he (Owens) or Republicans or you and me want to pound the stuffing out of her in bed.... It is the stretching of the truth, that is the behavior I have a low opinion of...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:55 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No it’s not

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-05-2022, 08:47 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No it’s not
30 people killed in those summer
riots, two thousand cops injured.

but january 6th was worse than that, probably worse than 9/11 and a million ones worse than Gettysburg.

Democrats know well that americans don’t like
their ideas. so rather than spending any time discussing their policies, they spend 100% of their time telling america why we need to fear republicans ( who have better ideas and run states which people
are moving to).

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-05-2022 at 08:53 PM..