Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-16-2021, 11:26 AM   #1
Jim in CT

if the feds are going to spend money, as a republican, i wouldn’t feel betrayed by a republican governor who secured some of that money for my state.

Once the federal government had decided to spend the money (which all of us, including Governor Noems constituents, pay for), why would she turn it down. How would that help her constituents?

Paul, every single lefty here bashed Trump’s tax cuts. How many of you threw that money in the toilet on principle? Answer - zero.

it’s an extremely stupid argument.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-16-2021 at 11:42 AM..
Old 12-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if the feds are going to spend money, as a republican, i wouldn’t feel betrayed by a republican governor who secured some of that money for my state.

Once the federal government had decided to spend the money (which all of us, including Governor Noems constituents, pay for)althought the D leaning states pay more on a per capita basis. , why would she turn it down. How would that help her constituents? It it helped her constituents she should spend so much time bashing it.

Paul, every single lefty here bashed Trump’s tax cuts. How many of you threw that money in the toilet on principle? Answer - zero.

it’s an extremely stupid argument.

Trump's taxes cuts caused my taxes to increase. SALT.
Old 12-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm sure the money went to a good cause in Kansas or some other republican state full of poor idiots
Old 12-16-2021, 02:01 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
ok.

would you expect everyone who criticized the tax cuts who got a tax cut, to keep that money, or refuse it?

is any democrats a hypocrite according to you, who kept that money?

Old 12-16-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
the D states pay more because they’re wealthier. I thought democrats were all about the rich paying their fair share. Now you’re complaining that rich states pay more in federal income tax than poor states?
Old 12-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
the D states pay more because they’re wealthier. I thought democrats were all about the rich paying their fair share. Now you’re complaining that rich states pay more in federal income tax than poor states?
Where do you see a complaint. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of taking $ from states you call a #^&#^&#^&#^&hole.

Is it any different than a prostitute?
Old 12-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Where do you see a complaint. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of taking $ from states you call a #^&#^&#^&#^&hole.

Is it any different than a prostitute?
how is what you’re pointing out, any different than a democrat who bashed the trump tax cut, but keeping that money. Looks identical to me.

no it’s nothing like going to a prostitute. when the federal government has passed a spending bill, a governor would be a moron to refuse that federal money, even if that governor was opposed to the spending bill. AT THAT POINT, it would be a disservice to the citizens of the state to refuse to take the money.

When i was in a teachers union, I spoke out against the benefits we received because i thought it was unfair to the taxpayers. doesn’t mean i should pay out of my pocket when i went to the doctor.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:59 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
how is what you’re pointing out, any different than a democrat who bashed the trump tax cut, but keeping that money. Looks identical to me.

no it’s nothing like going to a prostitute. when the federal government has passed a spending bill, a governor would be a moron to refuse that federal money, even if that governor was opposed to the spending bill. AT THAT POINT, it would be a disservice to the citizens of the state to refuse to take the money.

When i was in a teachers union, I spoke out against the benefits we received because i thought it was unfair to the taxpayers. doesn’t mean i should pay out of my pocket when i went to the doctor.
Again, where did I complain?

You don't see hypocrisy in Rand Paul voting against disaster funding and insulting those who need the $ and/or voting for it and then when his state has a disaster asking the fed for the same type of $ he criticized others for requesting?

Those states that depend on the richer states aught to say thank you occasionally. Even though the richer, more successful D states gladly do it, it would be nice to hear that the poorer, less successful R states appreciate it.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:23 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:

Those states that depend on the richer states aught to say thank you occasionally. Even though the richer, more successful D states gladly do it, it would be nice to hear that the poorer, less successful R states appreciate it.
Haaaaa….this is hilarious ….
Old 12-16-2021, 06:04 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again, where did I complain?

You don't see hypocrisy in Rand Paul voting against disaster funding and insulting those who need the $ and/or voting for it and then when his state has a disaster asking the fed for the same type of $ he criticized others for requesting?

this thread was started as a complaint about republican hypocrisy.

it’s not strictly a state thing paul. rich people in poor red states, pay more federal taxes than poor people
in rich blue states.

why should a rich person in alabama say thank you to a poor person on CT?
Old 12-16-2021, 02:07 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
you don’t get it.

saying the spending is a bad idea, and taking your share once the spending is approved, isn’t the same thing.

when a massive spending bill is being debated, it’s one thing to oppose it if you think it’s a bad idea. but once it’s approved, that means her residents are going to pay for it. so at that point, there’s no rational reason for her to refuse the money.