Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-21-2021, 12:19 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, why do people in restaurants, and kid sin schools (vaccinated or not, negative test or not) have to wear masks, but people at the Emmys don't? What's the logic behind that law? Does the virus differentiate between vaccinated restaurant waiters and vaccinated TV producers? Is the virus deterred by having a Screen Actors Guild card?
He already answered your question.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:37 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He already answered your question.
no, and neither did you as you share the same cowardice.

if i ask the logic behind it, you can’t answer by saying “it’s the law”, There are laws that are devoid of logic. because not that long ago it was also in keeping with the law when a bus driver told Rosa Parks to get her black azz to the back of the bus. Back then, if i asked you why that was OK, I presume
you would have just said “because it’s the law”, especially because that law was also codified by the party you have declared yourself a concubine to.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
if i ask the logic behind it, you can’t answer by saying “it’s the law”,
This isn't rocket science Jim, the CT departments of education and health reviewed the CDC guidance and determined largely because of Delta and the rapidly raising infections among the young that masks should be worn in schools regardless of vaccination status. The Gov signed the order based on their feedback. There isn't any more to it than that, no grand conspiracy to strip kids of their liberties.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:02 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
This isn't rocket science Jim, the CT departments of education and health reviewed the CDC guidance and determined largely because of Delta and the rapidly raising infections among the young that masks should be worn in schools regardless of vaccination status. The Gov signed the order based on their feedback. There isn't any more to it than that, no grand conspiracy to strip kids of their liberties.
i understand the logic behind wanted kids to wear masks.

But what data can you point me to, which says that those entertainers in California, are meangfully lower risk
than kids who are similarly vaccinated and who similarly have a negative test.

i know, you’re not this stupid. you’re dancing around the only thing that matters.

By what logic do we give more freedoms to entertainers in California than to people
who work in another industry in california, or to children?

my kids are required to socially distance, and to wear masks. those entertainers are not.

Why? if there’s data to suggest that the virus differentiates between actors and everyone else, I’ll happily concede the point.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
But what data can you point me to, which says that those entertainers in California, are meangfully lower risk
than kids who are similarly vaccinated and who similarly have a negative test.
Many/most kids in schools aren't vaccinated, aren't getting tested every other day and are in school every day. LA's economy is largely built on entertainment, they were working...

This could be your best false equivalence to date.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:13 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Many/most kids in schools aren't vaccinated, aren't getting tested every other day and are in school every day. LA's economy is largely built on entertainment, they were working...

This could be your best false equivalence to date.
for the tenth time, i’m talking about kids who are vaccinated, and who have a recent negative test, yet still need to be masked, and who need to socially distance.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:35 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
for the tenth time, i’m talking about kids who are vaccinated, and who have a recent negative test, yet still need to be masked, and who need to socially distance.
So you're saying the Governor should have one policy for private school kids and another for public schools? That would go over well.