Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 08-13-2021, 06:03 AM   #1
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Natural selection tends to cull the stupid from the herd, our problem is that process takes time.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Covid has culled the unhealthy from the herd...is that natural selection?

we know that if you are healthy and maintain a healthy immune system your unlikely to die from covid....

if you overeat, pound sugar, saturated fats, carbs, alcohol, tobacco etc.....you are probably going to be overweight and have heart disease or high blood pressure or hypertension or liver disease or lung disease etc...which according to the statistics is prevalent in a ridiculous percentage of Americans and which pretty much guarantees a bad outcome if you get covid

how many Americans spent the covid months binge watching-eating-drinking-smoking etc? According to the study I saw America got fatter and less healthy during those months....probably sitting around waiting for a shot to cure everything so they could continue on with an unhealthy lifestyle
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:16 AM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Covid has culled the unhealthy from the herd...is that natural selection?

we know that if you are healthy and maintain a healthy immune system your unlikely to die from covid....

if you overeat, pound sugar, saturated fats, carbs, alcohol, tobacco etc.....you are probably going to be overweight and have heart disease or high blood pressure or hypertension or liver disease or lung disease etc...which according to the statistics is prevalent in a ridiculous percentage of Americans and which pretty much guarantees a bad outcome if you get covid

how many Americans spent the covid months binge watching-eating-drinking-smoking etc? According to the study I saw America got fatter and less healthy during those months....probably sitting around waiting for a shot to cure everything so they could continue on with an unhealthy lifestyle
And what Scott there are no defiant don’t force me to mask or vaccine people spreading it to the elderly and people with underlying health issues? You I think would fit it well in FL and you constantly bitch about CT, maybe it’s time for a move.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

People in Texas and other states with low vaccination rates seem to be having different results with healthy and younger people dealing with Covid.

Covid cases in the Lone Star State have exploded in the last few weeks. Texas is averaging about 15,419 new cases per day, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University as of Wednesday, up 34% from a week ago and more than double the seven-day average of 6,762 just two weeks ago.

“What’s concerning about the trajectory is that we’re seeing a much more rapid increase in the number of cases,” said Dr. Trish Perl, chief of infectious diseases at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.

“We are seeing unvaccinated people that are younger as opposed to earlier in the pandemic when we saw a lot of hospitalizations over 65. Now, the largest and the highest increases that we’re seeing are the 18-to-49-year-olds, and a lot of these people don’t have underlying illnesses.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
People in Texas and other states with low vaccination rates seem to be having different results with healthy and younger people dealing with Covid.

Covid cases in the Lone Star State have exploded in the last few weeks.
Rhode Island 69% vaccinated

August 12 ,2020 93 cases

August 12, 2021 364 cases

I blame Texas....
Old 08-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Rhode Island 69% vaccinated

August 12 ,2020 93 cases

August 12, 2021 364 cases

I blame Texas....
You always can obfuscate and throw smoke

“We are seeing unvaccinated people that are younger as opposed to earlier in the pandemic when we saw a lot of hospitalizations over 65. Now, the largest and the highest increases that we’re seeing are the 18-to-49-year-olds, and a lot of these people don’t have underlying illnesses.”

There is a significant correlation between low vaccination rates and hospitalizations/deaths and the current anecdotal evidence is that is happening to younger and healthier people.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:25 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

the current anecdotal evidence is that is happening to younger and healthier people.
on our local news this morning they reported that there is a significant amount of covid being found in deer in Pennsylvania...not sure if they are vaccinated or unvaccinated
Old 08-13-2021, 12:33 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

and you constantly bitch about CT, maybe it’s time for a move.
pretty sure I have never bitched about Connecticut...I live in RI