Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-08-2019, 02:06 AM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Well he is a congressman on the front lines and as a republican he does not agree with the concept of just putting a big beautiful concrete wall along the border where there currently is no wall. He said the idea of a concrete wall is antiquated and we are better off spending the money on technology and more personnel. And that is the argument most people who are against the wall are making. Invest in things that make sense instead of a wall.
But Trump does not want that he wants just a concrete wall. And let's not forget the fact that Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall. What is really shocking to me is Trump said he was such a good negotiator and in fact he is horrendous and I have no doubt you or I can negotiate better that what he has done.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well, you just can't believe that he actually wants a wall. He's a liar. He doesn't even know if the wall which he actually doesn't want, if he were honest, should be concrete or metal. No point in remembering that Mexico was going to pay for it. Why remember a lie. And, of course, Paul and Jim can negotiate better than Trump. How could a liar be able to negotiate. All the so called stories about him negotiating stuff in the past are lies. He's such a fabulous liar that he claims that he's President. They say if you tell a big enough lie, people will believe you.

The only thing we have to remember is that Trump is a liar.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:54 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Well, you just can't believe that he actually wants a wall. He's a liar. He doesn't even know if the wall which he actually doesn't want, if he were honest, should be concrete or metal. No point in remembering that Mexico was going to pay for it. Why remember a lie. And, of course, Paul and Jim can negotiate better than Trump. How could a liar be able to negotiate. All the so called stories about him negotiating stuff in the past are lies. He's such a fabulous liar that he claims that he's President. They say if you tell a big enough lie, people will believe you.

The only thing we have to remember is that Trump is a liar.

Gald to see you still dont think he's a liar ... or that it matters
Old 01-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Gald to see you still dont think he's a liar ... or that it matters
Actually I have seen very few politicians who don't lie. I think it is so prevalent and obvious that we just accept it as a tactic. We accept the lies, big or little or not even quite so, by those who's policy we support because we want the policy to succeed. We understand that politicians use the "lie" tactic in order to get their stuff accepted and passed through Congress, or, just as importantly, to oppose and stop someone else's policy from being successful. If you don't admit that there are lies and fake news used to attack Trump, I applaud your effort to accept all tactics that will defeat someone you believe will harm the country. As Sun Tzu said, "All warfare is based on deception."

Your the good soldier.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #4
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Your the good soldier.
*You’re
Old 01-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
*You’re
You to. But I'm not the one who's complaining about the "archaic" tactic of political lying. I think the selective complaining is another deceptive tactic.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
*You’re
Don't you start